Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546882 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2010
@savemysoul, as far as I am concerned, red flags can be surmounted if u can defend yourself quickly and sharply.
1. 36yrs going for first degree is a red flag. This can however be countered by the fact that you have a HND and have been working for sometime.

Don't look at your weapons only. Also look at your strengths. You have a family and that is a very strong tie to your country.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2010
keneyinks:

Hello house, pls somebody should assist me info on how to evaluate my transcript.

Go to www.wes.org and you should be able to get the information you need

@Ojap, I'm still awaiting your response to my request for your e-mail address
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
@All, I have enjoyed every post in the last 10-15 threads or so and I cant but thank you gurus for ur help and support.

I am a Spring 2011 candidate, Master (Pet Engr) but I am yet to hear from the 2 schools to applied to, My seniors (who finished from one of the schs) advised I wait till Oct ending before writing or calling the School to find out about my status, with one of them saying he accepted his admission for spring2005 around Nov.2004, hence there is time for visa processing stuffs and i should relax. . .
What do you guys advise?
and Any Spring 2011 Master candidate (Engr or other) in same situation like me?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2010
ojap!, superbrain! and fellow gurus am still waiting for your feed back on my post, i have gotten 2 wonderful one, please send moreeeeeeeeeeee
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2010
@ savemysoul

Your case has many red flags. You better start thinking on convincing answers to questions you feel you will be asked. Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 11:51pm On Oct 18, 2010
@Aroy 1, will appreciate it if you can identify the red flags, thank you am waiting.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 5:54am On Oct 19, 2010
savemysoul

1) You will be 40 when you graduate; those guys now how the Nigerian employment system works. No company will employ someone of your age, you have limited years of active service if you want to return to your present work. In other words, you want to spend money that is unlikely to yield returns.
2) HND is roughly equivalent to Bsc, the interpretation by the government; why do you still want to pursue another now in the US?Why not an Msc?
3) Why will a man of 36years want to leave his family and a well paying job for far away USA? Probably, those ties are non existent.

You might let me know this.

1) Which school are you going to study?
2) Did you write ane standardized exam?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2010
@ Aroy1, am attending college of staten island to study information system

i also took toefl.

meanwhile do you know any university that will waive GRE ,that i can study masters?

meanwhile am NOT giving up on the one i have at hand.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2010
savemysoul:

@ Aroy1, am attending college of staten island to study information system

i also took toefl.

meanwhile do you know any university that will waive GRE ,that i can study masters?

meanwhile am NOT giving up on the one i have at hand.

@Savemysoul, hahahaha, why attend college ? why not University, Any way i believe in possibilities, you can try your luck !!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2010
edited for privacy sake
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2010
Please guys, How do i go about my transcript evaluation, my application is still pending, cos have not send an evaluate transcript to them. pls guys kindly assist on how to go about it. ASAP.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2010
Cuddlemii:

Please guys,

I CANT FIND AN APPOINTMENT DATE ANYMORE FOR BOTH ABUJA OR LAGOS FOR NOV, DEC 2010 & JAN 2011.

AND WHAT I NEED IS ABUJA.

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS PLEASE AS MY SCHOOL RESUMES IN JAN 2011. I AM SCARED. I NEED A DATE PLEASE. VERY URGENT

There is still date in lagos
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2010
Cuddlemii,
I just completed my booking right now. There are still much days in Lagos. 22 is the only day available in November for now

Fellow applicants, is EVAF the same as DS 160 form?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
Edited for privacy sake cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
I dont know about Abuja. But there are still lots of available days in Lagos most especially December. Why not choose Lagos if it is close to you?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2010
Too open for Nland, I wish I was an hypocrite. Edited for privacy sake lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ Cuddlemii, that means you are not prayerful. Though I got my student visa once but my friend was denied that same day (October 2009-Lagos Embassy). He was denied at the first time and I asked him to prayer and fast that second interview has to take a new shape, The consular should be his friend, and God should make them interact as colleagues and God did, that's how he got his visa too. There is nothing to panic as long as you've gotten the experience, just be strong, composed, answer yours questions with smiles on your faces, while you look straight into the consular's eye-ball and believe in God that you are collecting your blue card to get your visa after all. But am not saying you shouldn't change your location!

Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 7:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
Edited for privacy sake cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by clickjane: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ Cuddlemii, you going back for the same visiting visa? Anyway, just be prayerful, sow a seed and go online search for possible questions you might be asked cos that's help to prepare you.

Good luck!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
edited for privacy sake
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2010
oyewolejos:

Hey house, my brother went for his interview today and he was given the Visa for Spring 2011.
The just called me now to inform me. Questions to follow later
Just letting u guys know.
He had it in Abuja

congrats bro,

For those requesting for dates in november, lagos is fully booked but there are lots of open dates in december so you might want to consider your options,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2010
@savemysoul, Sire don't give up. Remember God works in a mysterious way. Despite your case looks complicated, I believe that if your able to present it in good light and trust in God, things might just turn around. If I may ask why did you choose CSI? It's among the youngest in the system and wouldn't really appear prestigious. In my opinion though. Anyway it may interest you to know CUNY is my school and I'm going in for Spring as well. All the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
@vandrops, please send me your e-mail, mine is wilfem2002@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
chux4liv:

@Savemysoul, hahahaha, Oga, you have spoiled the whole thing, why attend college ? why not University, , Your red flags plenty ooooooooo, Any way i believe in possibilities, you can try your luck !!!!!
CSI is not just a college oh. It's part of a university system just like CSU and SUNY. So it'll be wrong to say that. I guess he chose to call it College of Staten Island to be specific but generally it's CUNY and it's actually the largest urban public university in the States as well as the third largest in terms of enrollment. So our oga is VERY good with his choice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2010
since I can't find a date in Abuja, I have finally settled for Lagos. If you are still seeking a slot in Abuja, I will advise you not to waste your time anymore. While I was still waiting for Abuja to open its slots, right in my eyes all the October slots in Lagos were taken. I sent a mail to Abuja, since that is very close to me. while still waiting for their reply, the slots from November 1-17 were taken in Lagos. As at yesterday morning, November 22 to the end of November was still available. In the afternoon of same day, all the dates in November had been exhausted. Why I'm I taking my time to say all these? Just to let you know how things are happening fast. Don't wait for Abuja anymore, unless you won't mind going for your interview next year. If things are going this fast, I won't be surprised if the whole of December will be taken in less than 3 days. Remember a lot of people will want to travel for Christmas holiday too? Just my advice! Bottom line; I had all I needed to book in the first week of October, but I ended up picking a date in December (2 months wasted) all because I was waiting for Abuja. So, learn from me. If you do not mind travelling as far as the US, then you should not mind travelling to just Lagos for your interview, since its for your own good. Just my own advice!

By the way, I have never visited the US embassy before. So, I have a question. When you enter the website of VFS, a pop window comes up with this information below

Dear Applicant,

Please note,the new location for VFS U.S.Visa Application Centre,Lagos from 6th April,2010 is as below:

U.S. Visa Application Centre
Block 94, Plot 23, Providence Street,
Lekki-Epe expressway,
Lekki scheme 1, Lagos.
New Helpline Number: 01- 951 5183

But my appointment letter reads thus;

Confirmation of appointment for a U.S visa interview
at the US Consulate-Lagos
2 Walter Carrington Cresent
Victoria
Lagos, Nigeria

So, from the two addresses above. Please where do I appear for my interview on my appointment date?

No insult please. I admit I don't know where to go among the two because I have never had anything to do with the US embassy or her visas. Thanks!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2010
@4ril, thanks for the info, i'm based here in Abuja and I've been looking up to book a date here in Abuja too, but now that I've learnt from yours experience, Please kindly let me know how you went about securing a date to the Lagos embassy, Pls feel free to send it to my e-mail, wilfem2002@yahoo.com
Thanks i'll be expecting your mail as soon as possible
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2010
@ 4ril, that's a good piece of advise to share. Anyway concerning where you'll appear for your interview, it is the Walter Carrington address which is the US consulate. I am very sure about that, but as for the Lekki address I don't really know but to me it seems to be the VFS application centre. All the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2010
4ril,
Your interview will be in Walter Carrington. If you are successful, you will be given a ticket to pick up your visa in the VFS centre in Lekki. Good luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2010
helo! Walter Carrington Cresent is the place for interview in Lagos. Best of luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ naggy & masepat,

Thanks for your response. I was thinking towards your direction before, but I wasn't sure. But thanks for the reassurance. You are highly appreciated.

@wilfrem

Thanks for your contribution too. Actually, there is nothing special I did to get the appointment date. I got error messages over a thousand times, but I got through eventually. From my observation, I see that it easier to book at the middle of the night or early in the morning, than during the day. All those dates I see, I see them at the middle of the night, and not during the day. I had sleepless night between Monday/Tuesday before I could get that date. I first got Nov 22 by 4:30 am. But because I didn't type fast, he page went off. And I didn't get it again till 4pm in the evening. And yes, I was always by my system all through. And by the time I could find the available dates, it started from Dec 1. which means that all the November dates I saw earlier in the morning had been taken in a matter of hours.

Another thing you can do is this. If you have a friend in the US, who can afford to stay with you online, he can book for you. You can always download the appointment letter here when he is through. You will need to be online at the same time, so that you will be providing him with all the information he/she needs. Why I suggest this is that my friend in the US sees those dates 24/7. I have also heard from other guys in US who say they see those dates each time they visit the website. So, all those error messages I am talking about feel strange to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.