Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545957 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 3:33am On Oct 28, 2010
@ Benom,didnt i tell u ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:27am On Oct 28, 2010
@ gulag, you wouldn't want to take that chance. If the consular initiates it, then fine. No go crack joke wey go make am think say you no be serious person. Just keep your demeanor as cool, friendly and matured at all times. No forget the smiling part oh! But no shine teeth like Lagbaja make e no think say you don kolo.

Pardon my use of pidgin language.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2010
@ superbrain

You and this your English and correction of your sentences. No one is above mistake so cut the bullshit. Why are you apologizing for scribbling down pidgin English, aren't you an African man. Its pple like u that forget their roots easily.

Feel free and undo all those your "pardon me, I mistyped this, I spelt this wrongly, typological errors bla bla". Its becoming boring. Any learned man would read pass your errors. Even a layman would have an idea.

Keep it real baby. We are Africans!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2010
@ cuddlemii, why taking it personal? You shouldn't blame me. Everyone is not the same. If I feel I have to apologise for typo errors then it's my business. Comprend? And by the way, that's just me, so forget about the "getting real" part. I'm African and I'm proud to be one.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2010
@ kwizzy, got your message. How did you go with the WAEC stuff?

@ house, please if there anyone heading to Louisiana or Texas for spring 2011? Or any house member already there? I need some advice. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2010
@cuddlemii & Superbrain,
Whats going on? You guys should pls take it easy. Lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ wilfem, yanga dey sleep, trouble come wake am. I'm cool oh. How far with your plans?

@ cuddlemii, come gimme a hug.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
Abeg cuddlemii should free my guy. He has to apologize for his pidgin because simple etiquette suggests that you should use proper english on NL:

RULES

Please use standard, proper, and clear English at all times when publicly discussing topics on the Nairaland Forum. If you must use other languages, create a special topic for that language in the culture section.

Superbrain- as his username suggests was just being polite. Of course we are all African but that does not mean we should not use our brains
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
@superbrain,chux4liv i just got back from WAEC office and they said the result was sent on 25TH that was monday, i don't know how long it will take NIPOST too
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2010
@gulag

I thought your primary focus was how to get to the US.

I wasn't insulting superbrain, I was just trying to make him be himself, that way every1 can feel relaxed and air their views without being scared that their English would be scrutinized.

Funny enough most of you so called charisma, etiquette, finesse men, when u get in front of the consular you guys would start sounding like wanna bees. You better learn to be yourself, European man.

There are many people that speak pidgin English that their English are better than yours. In fact it only shows diversity, flexibility, broader knowledge base and adaptation. So stick to you prim and proper life and miss the opportunity of networking and connection.

Mr grammar blabber!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ superbrain

I will like to hug and squeeze Ur brains anytime cos I like intellect

@house

Hope I entertained u guys enuf.

Back to US visa. Please has anyone had his or her interview of recent. Share your experiences. We Spring 2011 pple must represent O. May God help us all and good testimonies shall be pouring out of our mouths in Jesus name / Insha Allah.

Remember its all about PP ( Prayer & Practice )
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2010
@OjaP

my email is dammade2002@yahoo.co.uk
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ cuddlemii, This babe sef! I said "hug me" not "squeeze my brain". Lol. Will send you an email later tonight.
@ kwizzy, it would get there in 7-9 working days. It is well.
@ gulag, Thanks for understanding. I didn't even read the rules initially. Thanks for enlightening the house.
@ house, who's interview is next oh?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
@bethangel,added you already,@ Superbrain,come online and lets chat, Gist plenty.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2010
i will like to knw abt pple going for interview at lagos for spring term 2011 are successful candidate dat got it

pls let me knw and questions abt latest info frm d consular
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by callygood: 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
Guys, can someone whose father has a company required to have a letter of employment before working in his father's company?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 12:48am On Oct 29, 2010
U guys are derailing the thread. The germane questions are being left out. Do u know that most consulars now ask educational questions? They look at your certificate and look for subjects u good in and start asking questions about it. Sometimes they ask u why are u not good in one particular subject. For some of u going for Engineering courses and u not good in Math then u gotta have to be prayerful.
Some dude are asking dumb questions. No offence intended.

Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 1:39am On Oct 29, 2010
Hey House i am back ,sorry my computer crashed out and just got it fix .
So house any news from the spring candidate?i am also for spring too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 1:52am On Oct 29, 2010
you are correct my brother. It seems they have started going very technical.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:34am On Oct 29, 2010
November! November!! November!!!

November is fast approaching! cool cool cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 7:33am On Oct 29, 2010
benom:

November! November!! November!!!

November is fast approaching!  cool cool cool

You're quite right, it's just two days that is separating the two months now. November 15th is my day of utmost joy. I'm so confident to declare this. So also will it be for the rest of us that are still trusting in God for the same purpose. Unto Him be all the glory, honor, dominion, power and majesty from now and for ever. If you believe that, let your lmen be a resounding one. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEENN
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2010
@Wilfem
you are right November is our month lets just brain storm together and have confident in our self .
@ benom ,
you scared of the November month ?

Pls he guru in the house have some question can anyone help me .?
Where is Minnesota is located in the map of usa and where border and state did Minnesota close to ??

am just trying to get my fact together need help pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2010
layric:

@Wilfem
       you are right November is our month lets just brain storm together and  have confident in our self .
@ benom , 
       you scared of the November month ?

Pls he guru in the house have some question can anyone help me .?
Where  is Minnesota is located in the map of usa and  where border and state did Minnesota close to ??

am just trying to get  my fact together need help pls

Minnesota is located in the NORTHERN PART of America, border in the north by Manitoba ( Canada) West by North/South Dakota, East by Wisconsin,  It capital is Minneapolis, Predominantly inhabited by White but there lots of  Liberian and Somalian (White: 70.2% , Black or African American: 17.4%), Is that where You're going, I too I 'm heading there, let jook up and plan ahead !!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2010
@chux4liv
Thanks a lt with the answer i guess you have done a lot of research,yea that where am going and which school did you choose maybe we can wok together and make our goal,am online now and let me know whats up with you we can also chat on YM .whats the name of your school?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2010
layric:

@chux4liv
Thanks a lt with the answer i guess you have done a lot of research,yea that where am going and which school did you choose maybe we can wok together and make our goal,am online now and let me know whats up with you we can also chat on YM .whats the name of your school?
Actually My case is quite different, its not something I can write here in the public,,,But one thing is Minnesota Is my Last Bustop, To hook up with me on YM, check my profile u will see my YM, ID,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2010
@chux4liv
sorry dont know how to check that and i understand that you cant put everything here well here is my YM id , layric01 you can add me and lets chat am online now .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
all spring applicant i am wishing you success in your interview, please guys/ladies try to be at your best. if you need any kind of support please inform the house , meanwhile i advice everyone of you to turn in application for jobs and non-resident tuition waivers before you arrive in your school, for those going for masters try to apply for graduate assistanceship or research assistanceship , una doh o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by boluoyinbo: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
i want to ask a question, i applied for an undergraduate programe in university of arlington, i did the tofel exam in wish i scored 45 in which the cut of mark is 79 would i be taken. The application deadline was october 1st and i have not sent only my bank statement to the school. i hope all this would not spoil my chance, house pls contribute i need urgent reply
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by boluoyinbo: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
i applied for this spring semester and the semester begins this january. i have submited my tofel,gce,hnd,ond result and transcript. My sponsor is in usa, he is going to send the bank statement before the end of this month, do l still have a chance for the admision
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
layric

Which date and post are you going for your interview?

boluoyinbo

No one but the school can guarantee you the admission. If the school does accept you, I see them noting on your I-20 that you have not acquired satisfactory competence in English. Probably, they may require you to attend their English Language Institute before commencing your undergraduate studies.

Try and improve on your knowledge of English. Your written English is not too good for a prospective student in an English-speaking country. If you are same verbally, it might negatively affect your visa application during interview. Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
@ boluoyinbo, pls read through your posts again and clearly elaborate your inquiry cos one will have a hard time trying to understand the message your putting across. Well, from the little I could figure out I'll share with you. Now, it is usually easier to get an F1 visa if part or whole of your support comes from outside the US. Where that doesn't mean an outright denial, it goes a long way to demonstrate your ties to your home country which the consulars are looking out for. Maybe an expert in the house could give you further details on this cos to me your case looks complicated, unwise and not advisable. I don't want to disillusion you so house members, please kindly assist this fellow. Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2010
USA sponsor is = Rejection (90% of the time)

A word is enough for the wise.

Naggy abeg help me confirm about the lottery issue with ur international advisor and his experience with it. These International advisors have more experience than us concerning these issues

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.