Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545816 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2010
@Thanks to everyone for their idea.

@house, pls my dad's company tax clearance certificate is not ready! what can i do OR they do not need it @ my F-1 visa interview (spring 2011).

house, pls help with your advice!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2010
DASLEEKY:

@chux4liv, be careful what u advise peeps to do oh,  Reinstatement is never a sure banker thing,  It's not as simple as sending a mail and all will be done like that,

@DASLEEKY, There is nothing that is easy in this world, everything is about trial. Because you didn’t try doesn’t mean it’s not possible. The thing works mostly for UG and not Master degree. Shebi you dey MN? Don’t worry…. I’m coming over to MN (twins cities) by fall next year and I will prove to you that everything is possible on this PLANET EARTH.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2010
@ bato231, is it all applicants here that were granted visas - past and present, that their parents owe a company? Does having company documents guarantee any success in the interview? What about those whose parents/sponsor are lawyers, importers, pastors, civil servants, professors, accountants etc. what do they have to show? Will not having documentary proof result to a denial? Visit the Department of State website and go through the basic things you need. This one your talking about falls secondary but doesn't imply you shouldn't have it and in the event you don't have, what can you do - you may simply claim one of these professions I indicated above, it musn't always be an engineer or something so chill man that you worry yourself alot. God is control.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:51am On Oct 26, 2010
naggy:

@ bato231, is it all applicants here that were granted visas - past and present, that their parents owe a company? Does having company documents guarantee any success in the interview? What about those whose parents/sponsor are lawyers, importers, pastors, civil servants, professors, accountants etc. what do they have to show? Will not having documentary proof result to a denial? Visit the Department of State website and go through the basic things you need. This one your talking about falls secondary but doesn't imply you shouldn't have it and in the event you don't have, what can you do - you may simply claim one of these professions I indicated above, it musn't always be an engineer or something so chill man that you worry yourself alot. God is control.

Q NAGGy, dont mind BATO, he/she is only drawing attention, that is one thing i say about Nigerian reading culture, All this question he's asking has been answered on this thread by many Guru who had similar plight, I dont know why he wants everybody to comment on his write-up, If you give him clue he seeks for more, HELOOO BATO, you are not the only one here abi you be OLIVER grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2010
@chux4liv, guy you too funny joo, lmao. Abeg just chill for am oh, e be like say he never know.
@ bato231, please to assist you once again, here is a link for you to utilize: travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
I believe it answers most or if not all of the questions you may have. Happy reading!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 9:20am On Oct 26, 2010
edited for privacy sake
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2010
@ cuddlemii, you have said it all. A word is enough for the wise. Thumbs up!
@ house: to the Abuja consulate applicants, hahaha, right now I see open slots from 23rd December to the month end. So if you've been waiting and haven't booked appointment yet, this is your time to act fast and secure a spot now. It might be limited so hurry!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 9:50am On Oct 26, 2010
Omo Naa TRUEE, Cuddlemii this is an opportunity you have been waiting for, act fast only three days left,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2010
omg no more date for december in abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2010
@cuddlemi, you can still get date in Abuja if you want.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
@house my frnd got a student visa for fall section but could not go for falls, the school has sent him another I-20 for spring section. now he wants to know when he can travel cos he heard that a student can not be in usa other than 30days to his program. he is planning to go by 2week of nov while his school will open for spring on jan 2nd. @house i really need an urgent answer towards this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ house i really need am answer to my question now.i took waec on 2006 and thats the result am going to use for my interview on 29th nov. now my problem is that what do i have to say if am been asked what i have been doing since i left high school. pls house this was one of the question that fail me b4 if the house members can remember that. i was asked by the con what i have been doing since i left school and i told him that i have been attending A level classes and been studying privately on my own.then the con ask me to show him the A level result and i told him that i only attended the class that i have my o level result.he then asked me of my SAT which i gave him the he said i have a low score which is 1300.@ house pls i need an answer to that, thou i have taken another SAT i also did a computer training which i have d certificate and ID card. another is that my school is a college a voorhees college, pls is not a 2yrs college ooh. i plan to say this if am been asked why i choose the school. The choice of voorhees college is an international one,the level which the school operate owes me alot compare to the schools in my country, the staff strength to the student is something to be proud of and moreover the college has be in for over 100yrs and its afflicted with the Episcopal church which will go a long way to improve me spiritually and academically. Pls this the answer i composed for my self pls if u have another option pls share it out with me. Waiting for a respond from the house
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by princeaded(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2010
IF YOU NEED SCHENGEN VISA THAT WILL ENBALE YOU ENTER 26 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE,SOUTH AFRICA VISA,DUBAI VISA.PLS CALL 07033307912 OR EMAIL-prince_adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2010
@wilfem,

what u mean by I can still get a date in Abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
chux4liv:

@chux4liv, be careful what u advise peeps to do oh,  Reinstatement is never a sure banker thing,  It's not as simple as sending a mail and all will be done like that,

@DASLEEKY, There is nothing that is easy in this world, everything is about trial. Because you didn’t try doesn’t mean it’s not possible. The thing works mostly for UG and not Master degree. Shebi you dey MN? Don’t worry…. I’m coming over to MN (twins cities) by fall next year and I will prove to you that everything is possible on this PLANET EARTH.

I like your optimism but u also concurred that it is not 100% sure, So don't be too confident
So hope to see U soon too. Wish u the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
ok i really don't know if this issue has been flogged before but i need a quick solution. This is the second time i'm trying to evaluate my transcript after WES spent more than two months without getting a response from OAU.
Now ESI is working on my evaluation and its been two weeks with no response again from Nigeria. The lady i spoke with at ESI could not disclose much but said i could follow up with my school here to respond to them.
What i really need to know is if it was an email these evaluation centers send or postal mail so i can know what my school should search for. The last time my school searched for a mail from WES they claimed they did not receive anything.

I'm running against a deadline here as my application is for spring and that's the only document pending for my application.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2010
@bethangel,I really pity you and can understand how you will be feeling by now.I was in a similar condition late 2008,I submitted my transcript for evaluation and my transcript was not evaluated until 2010, Imagine?What went wrong,Immediately i ordered my school to submit the transcript,WES got it and sent an email that they will have to confirm,find below the email they sent to me for you to believe my story.
DOCUMENT VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION.
Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid.After an initial review of your documents,we have determined that they must be verified by the institution that issued them.

This is to advise you that photocopies of your documents have been sent to Olorunsogo Gbogbowalare'luOYINBO University for verification and that your file has been placed on hold until we receive their written response.

PLEASE USE YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER WHEN YOU CONTACT WES

We apologize for any inconvinience caused and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I got this email the exact day they got my transcript,i was so happy and was thinking my school should get a letter from WES at most 10 days later.If i wont deceive you,i waited for 3 months tracing the letter,all to no avail,My school went on strike for another close to 7 months again making ten months.Immediately they resumed,i keep tracking if the school got it but they said No.I called the customer care too and they said they have sent a letter to my school to Verify.What i am saying in essence is that WES customer care acts on info available to them on your WES account,so do not think what they told you is accurate.It was later when i went back to WES website that i discovered my documentation was incomplete when reading their FAQ'S.I now wrote a letter to the WES Director of Evaluation and attached a photocopy of my Degree Certificate to it.It was when i sent this second one with my Certificate that my school got the letter from WES.it was just after few days after getting it my school replied and finally got my complete evaluation in early 2010.What i want you to learn from is that I sent an incomplete docs in the first place and still WES told me they have sent a letter to my School to verify which is not(I believe this is an automated message from them when they receive your transcript on file).So,u have to check if you have sent a photocopy of your Certificate to WES which i doubt you havent done.If you havent,that is why your school havent gotten it yet.But if you have,then there is a mix up somewhere.But if you havent submitted your Certificate seperately, Better you do so on time so that they can now send a letter to your school.WES customer care acts on info on your WES ccount which u have access to too,so dont follow them.Does these helps/As per ESI,i dont know any thing about them,so i cant comment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bato231: 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2010
@cuddlemii
tanx, got info from someone in the house.
@naggy
tanx
@chux4liv
what kind of attention do u think i need? cos of company(might be a shop). TAKE IT EASY MAN!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 12:01am On Oct 27, 2010
I just want to comment on an observation and make an appeal to everyone.

First of all, let's try to stay focused on the purpose for which the thread was created. So many questions have been answered in previous posts. Take time to read up all posts from page 1 before asking any question. I know a lot of folks who never even made a post but benefitted from the invaluable information on the thread started by the great femilangy. Take the pains to read up previous posts. It won't cost you anything.

Secondly, please proof-read your posts before posting. Be objective. Use bulleting if possible and let your question be direct. If you have to explain a situation, do so. Be careful about your punctuations too. The way your present your case will determine the kind of responses you'll get. From some posts, I can tell how frantic the poster was while posting. The point is, BE OBJECTIVE!

Also try to have a sense of privacy. No one is really interested in knowing your real name and what your pet's name is. If you have to divulge confidential info, do so to only select people who you feel are competent enough to answer your "personal" questions. If you read the thread from page 1, you'll know who those users are.
Just my 2cents. So the main question- who's next to be interviewed?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 12:10am On Oct 27, 2010
Superbrain:

I just want to comment on an observation and make an appeal to everyone.

First of all, let's try to stay focused on the purpose for which the thread was created. So many questions have been answered in previous posts. Take time to read up all posts from page 1 before asking any question. I know a lot of folks who never even made a post but benefitted from the invaluable information on the thread started by the great femilangy. Take the pains to read up previous posts. It won't cost you anything.

Secondly, please proof-read your posts before posting. Be objective. Use bulleting if possible and let your question be direct. If you have to explain a situation, do so. Be careful about your punctuations too. The way your present your case will determine the kind of responses you'll get. From some posts, I can tell how frantic the poster was while posting. The point is, BE OBJECTIVE!

Also try to have a sense of privacy. No one is really interested in knowing your real name and what your pet's name is. If you have to divulge confidential info, do so to only select people who you feel are competent enough to answer your "personal" questions. If you read the thread from page 1, you'll know who those users are.
Just my 2cents. So the main question- who's next to be interviewed?
thanks. . .you spoke my mind
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 2:12am On Oct 27, 2010
@nwaoma 009, if your friend is a continuing student, they may enter the US at any time they so please but if a first time student, permission for entry is only 30 days in advance of the course start date as indicated on Form I-20. In your friend's case where they're starting January 2nd, he will be good to travel from December 2nd. According to the US website, if student wish to enter more than 30 days, they must qualify and apply for a visitor's visa and have a prospective student notation in the visa which will enable them switch to F1 status when they start studies. I hope this is what you want to know? If not then feel free to ask again and be specific. Thank you.
On your personal issues, well I want you to know that Voorhees is a VERY good black college and it was actually a good choice you made. Anyway I wouldn't want to say much right here but you may wish to drop your messenger id so we can have more private chats. All the best!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 3:35am On Oct 27, 2010
my guys if you never did your NYSC, how do you show you are going to come back home?

I did my undergraduate in a university in Europe and I am pursuing a masters in the UK. I no get bank account, I have never been to the US. I have worked in Nigeria before but only for a two-month break with a family friend.

Also my younger brother is in the US on F-1. He has been back home on vacations. But will that be a problem.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 3:53am On Oct 27, 2010
@gulag

Is that a story of your life or question because I don't get how you "did" NYSC, "how you would show you would come back to naija", you schooled in Europe, you are doing ur masters in uk, worked in naija for 2 weeks with family and ur brother is in US with an F-1 visa got to do with anything. Please go through what you pasted yourself and correct urself, the blunder too much for an European big boy like u.

Shey u wan pursue a degree in the US and need assistance or you are telling us not to give up on our dreams that urs is a success story as uve done ur first degree, masters, worked for 2 weeks and it runs in ur family as ur brother too has an F1 visa in US.

Please be more explicit
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 4:00am On Oct 27, 2010
abeg no vex grin , though I think my post is explicit enouh. In US visa you must show that you are coming back with ties to your country. For people like me how do I show this?

I was reading all these sites about US visa rejection. So, I am thinking of the F1 visa since it is the most important hurdle to pass for your studies even more difficult than admission. I have not even applied for admission yet. I am just wondering if they take such things into consideration. I want to find out in what ways I can prove I want to come back to Nigeria when I have been in school for a long time abroad. chikena
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:18am On Oct 27, 2010
@ gulag, it is often relative to your situation. Read all tha pages of this thread and you will see instances where some people, faced with the same challenge, were able to manage the situation. Shikena.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 5:27am On Oct 27, 2010
Nigerians like Awuf, what will it take us to read the post from page 1?, oga ooo.Superbrain,i agree joo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2010
Wilfem,
What have you resolved to do?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:28am On Oct 27, 2010
OjaP:

Nigerians like Awuf, what will it take us to read the post from page 1?, oga ooo.Superbrain,i agree joo

I have something to say. I read every page of this thread when I was in the process of applying for my F-1 and would encourage everyone to read it but lets be fair and sincere to each other it is not easy! If you have answers to peoples' question just answer it and stop telling them to go back and read. It is not our fault that we dont like to read you should blame our useless fore fathers for that! Abeg make we just be our brothers' keeper by helping when we can and not make them go through so much stress because we went through it!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2010
In my opinion, people get stuck in a situation and need urgent answers to certain questions. While I do not encourage inability to do own research, quick answers to questions raised should be given rather than referring members of this great family to previous pages.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:19am On Oct 27, 2010
@ djunit, what do you mean by "it is not our fault that we don't like to read"? We all are applying to US schools to try to get a better education than what is obtainable in Nigeria, right? It is outright laziness. Let's just face the fact. We always find who to blame for our own misfortunes. What would it take anyone, with genuine interest in getting a US degree, to go through a 100 pages of information that will be valuable to him?

We all want to help each other achieve our dreams by sharing valuable information here. I asked some "gurus" in the house why they haven't posted in a while, and it was based on their response that I decided to appeal to the house. No one here is below 15 years, if I'm right.
The truth is that if you have a challenge, or feel your situation is peculiar to you, reading those pages will help you understand how best to tackle your problem. If you've done research before, you'll realise that you tend to learn more by reading previous articles and texts than by asking questions.

Sorry for derailing the thread, but I just feel this issued has to be resolved so that we can maintain some order on the thread. Once again, just my 2 cents.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:23am On Oct 27, 2010
Forgive my typo errors. *100 pages and *issue.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 8:44am On Oct 27, 2010
@ SUPERBRAIN, WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank God you folks are unraveling the mysteries of "NIGERIAN POOR READING CULTURE",  There nothing I don't know about Europe, Australia or Uk Admission and Visa policy , that is because I read,applied to their school and I've helped ppl who are currently schooling abroad,  I never knew anything about U.S student admission nor visa policy because I'm not so freak about going to U.S, but reading this post (from page to page) I can confidently tell someone ways he can go ABOUT his admission and visa processing in U.S and that is because I read.

@NAGGY, Lets critically look at the question nwaoma009 asked . He said his friend had a student visa in Fall but did not attend ( Assume he is right here in Nigeria), obviously he defer his admission to spring where he was issued a new i-20 ( As the policy dictate in schools in U.S for deferment). Now he wants to enter U.S this spring with the Visa he got for Fall, don't you think he will have problem at the port of entry   , OVER TO YOU

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.