Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545976 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2010
chux4liv thanks for the question you asked Naggy.

@NAGGY, Lets critically look at the question nwaoma009 asked . He said his friend had a student visa in Fall but did not attend ( Assume he is right here in Nigeria), obviously he defer his admission to spring where he was issued a new i-20 ( As the policy dictate in schools in U.S for deferment). Now he wants to enter U.S this spring with the Visa he got for Fall, don't you think he will have problem at the port of entry Huh Huh Huh, OVER TO YOU.

my friend got the visa for fall section, so he could not meet up on time then his school sent him a mail that he is late and classes has started, that they will defer his program to spring. Now the guy is afraid whether this will affect him at the port of entry. he got his visa since ang ooh . @NAGGY here is my email id onwumelus@yahoo.com pls i will like to hear from you concerning my own issiue. my mind is a bit free now you said i made a nice choice over the college. @ other house mate pls if u have anyother thing to say over my issiue pls do say cos i really need this help badly. Biko
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mikeapiit: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2010
Hi Guys, U guys are doing a great Job on this forum. Keep it up. I think you might be interested in the following:

Visa for Nigerians Online VFN Online has been officially launched! www.vfnonline.info Now all users from around the world can now enjoy our first class services in a single click!

Best Regards,
Support Team,
VFN Online
www.vfnonline.info
support@vfnonline.info

NOTES: Please do not reply with nasty comments. If you feel this is not for you, keep your comments to yourself! For people who have questions or want to know more please feel free to drop an email or visit the website provided. THANX, MIKE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2010
@ chux4liv: guy na wah for you oh, I can't stop laughing at the way you just redirected the question at me. Okay nah let's see, Well, the case of the friend in question may not be complicated as we may think. The person was originally admitted and got his visa for Fall right? Now he deferred his enrollment and was subsequently issued a new I-20 for Spring. At this point we are right to assume his school was aware of this and must've sent him a mail confirming his deferral. Now this is very easy and simple - he should get the deferral letter, the former I-20 and present one bearing the new start date and a doctor's. report (optional in case he wants to say he was unable to travel initially on health grounds if being questioned). Basically with these attachments, he should be able to travel to the US hassle free. THEREFORE IN MY OPINION, THE BORDERLINE IS - NO, HE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM AT THE PORT OF ENTRY.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2010
naggy:

@ chux4liv: guy na wah for you oh, I can't stop laughing at the way you just redirected the question at me. Okay nah let's see, Well, the case of the friend in question may not be complicated as we may think. The person was originally admitted and got his visa for Fall right? Now he deferred his enrollment and was subsequently issued a new I-20 for Spring. At this point we are right to assume his school was aware of this and must've sent him a mail confirming his deferral. Now this is very easy and simple - he should get the deferral letter, the former I-20 and present one bearing the new start date and a doctor's. report (optional in case he wants to say he was unable to travel initially on health grounds if being questioned). Basically with these attachments, he should be able to travel to the US hassle free. THEREFORE IN MY OPINION, THE BORDERLINE IS - NO, HE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM AT THE PORT OF ENTRY.

You're 100% right. If he can show the above documents, he shouldn't have any problem at the P.O.E.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 10:25am On Oct 27, 2010
naggy:

@ chux4liv: guy na wah for you oh, I can't stop laughing at the way you just redirected the question at me. Okay nah let's see,  Well, the case of the friend in question may not be complicated as we may think. The person was originally admitted and got his visa for Fall right? Now he deferred his enrollment and was subsequently issued a new I-20 for Spring. At this point we are right to assume his school was aware of this and must've sent him a mail confirming his deferral. Now this is very easy and simple - he should get the deferral letter, the former I-20 and present one bearing the new start date and a doctor's. report (optional in case he wants to say he was unable to travel initially on health grounds if being questioned). Basically with these attachments, he should be able to travel to the US hassle free. THEREFORE IN MY OPINION, THE BORDERLINE IS - NO, HE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM AT THE PORT OF ENTRY.

That is my DUDE, talking there, You are 100% correct, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2010
@masepat,
I later recieved a mail from one of the Institution authority (after explaining myself) that the deadline does not apply to me in the first place because of my geographical location, thus dispelling my worries/fears. I now have enough time to make d payment, even though my visa interview is on Nov 15 in Abuja.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
Wilfem,
That is great! I am excited you can move on. How far have you gone with your preparation for interview?
My interview date is 29th Nov., in Lagos.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
@masepat,
That's the point I'm going,
1. & the most important of all is PRAYERFULNESS. With that you can get the favor from God which'll break protocols for your sake (just like it happened with d school that initially gave me a deadline to make payment)
2. The next line of action is to get knowledge from whichever means, for me, I'm planning to revisit this thread from Page 1 in order for me to still tap more knowledge. God'll help us by His infinite grace. Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
@naggy send me ur email id so i can add you up. i really need to clear my self with that my question of chooseing voorhees college when asked by the con.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ chux4liv, lmao, I be your dude akwa ya but you'll just be delibrately bombarding me with heavy questions. Na so dem dey do am? You don try sha for tasking my brain so no yawa but thank God I pass am!
@ Superbrain, yeah you know what's up bro. Thanks for digging!
@ House, keep it flying!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
naggy:

@ chux4liv, lmao,  I be your dude akwa ya but you'll just be delibrately bombarding me with heavy questions. Na so dem dey do am? You don try sha for tasking my brain so no yawa but thank God I pass am!
@ Superbrain, yeah you know what's up bro. Thanks for digging!
@ House, keep it flying!!!
  I didn't direct the question to you, but only reframed it for you, so you can depict what the guy was asking, your first response partially answered his question, so I wanted you to get a clear view of what he was asking,  Due to unforeseen circumstances one may miss his flight/admission and possibly defer his admission but one thing is your ability to confidently and boldly inform the P.O.E officer of the reason for such delay, By the way the P.O.E are all human so they will be considerate ( But carry prove along ooo), shikena
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2010
nwaoma009:

@naggy send me your email id so i can add you up. i really need to clear my self with that my question of chooseing voorhees college when asked by the con.
I already added you up this morning immediately you dropped off your messenger id. I even sent you series of IM while you were still online but you never responded so I was wondering. Anyway, your on my contact list so anytime your free online you can buzz me let's talk.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2010
@OjaP
Thanks for the response. I actually submitted my certificate as well to ESI so i don't have any pending documents.
Infact, their terms and conditions states that they would not start processing the evaluation if the documents are not complete.
I am still trying to trace whatever enquiry they sent to my school.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2010
Bethangel,what is your email?Will like to tell you some things
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mounace120: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hello,
my name is Mounace i was looking for a real and everlasting relationship and i came across your profle in this site and it attracted me to write to you.I will like you to write to me with my private email address (mounace44@yahoo.com) for more introduction and also to see my picture.
I will be waiting to receive your mail soonest,remember color,race,religion,etc does not matter in real love but care,love and trust matter a lot.Till then remained blessed.
Miss Mounace
mounace44@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
mounace120:

Hello,
my name is Mounace i was looking for a real and everlasting relationship and i came across your profle in this site and it attracted me to write to you.I will like you to write to me with my private email address (mounace44@yahoo.com) for more introduction and also to see my picture.
I will be waiting to receive your mail soonest,remember color,race,religion,etc does not matter in real love but care,love and trust matter a lot.Till then remained blessed.
Miss Mounace
mounace44@yahoo.com
@ Mounace, Please ensure you read the subject of every FORUM before you make your comment, This is not a "Dating forum", neither is it meant for yahoo yahoo folks, My advice is Please check the next Door/ Forum where you might find what you lost, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
Plz I would like to know long it takes WAEC to send your result to a school in US ?cuz I have been waiting like forever and the school hasn't seen the result yet
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 6:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
Sorry. I would like to know how long
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
kwizzy212:

Sorry. I would like to know how long
It's meant to be two weeks, but you know Nigerian things, they like adding extra time in their turn around time, Go back to WAEC office and find out from them if they have sent it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
@chux4liv thanks I will go there first thing tomorow morning. Haba Nigeria
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ chux,LOL. Mouance ko Segun ni. The guy must be a newbie in the yahoo business. Don't mind all these scammers.

@ kwizzy, I'll advise you mail the school and explain the delay. You can also give them the details they need to access your result on the net. Get a scratch card, send them the link to check the result. Just make sure your email is detailed and self-explanatory. Also take the advice given before, by contacting WAEC to find out if the result has been sent.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2010
Lol, Miss Mounace I salute your wiseness. Abeg, you be oyibo wey miss road? Chai, sorry oh, That rib you dey look for no dey here so evaporate yourself off that this forum is for US STUDENT VISA INQUIRY or abi you dey look for F1 visa? Well to be nice, you may try plentyoffish.com. Happy fishing!
@ kwizzy, this my first time of hearing WAEC do send results directly to schools abroad. What I know is the long tradition of students sending it themselves by courier and within 3-5 days the school recieves the packet. Anyway, I guess don't know much in this issue.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ Mounace looool vex no let me see your post,you miss road abi you drink OMO, sorry you can't read or see, but 1 question for you plz where did you get that your name from.
@Superbrain i mailed the school they said i shouldn't worry that they would wait for the result until it gets there,i sent scratch card to them but they said they don't accept that only the one from WAEC office, and i am runing out of time
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Kwizzy, Its like you applied to Arizona University ( NAU)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
@chux4liv you are right its NAU cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2010
Superbrain:

@ djunit, what do you mean by "it is not our fault that we don't like to read"? We all are applying to US schools to try to get a better education than what is obtainable in Nigeria, right? It is outright laziness. Let's just face the fact. We always find who to blame for our own misfortunes. What would it take anyone, with genuine interest in getting a US degree, to go through a 100 pages of information that will be valuable to him?

We all want to help each other achieve our dreams by sharing valuable information here. I asked some "gurus" in the house why they haven't posted in a while, and it was based on their response that I decided to appeal to the house. No one here is below 15 years, if I'm right.
The truth is that if you have a challenge, or feel your situation is peculiar to you, reading those pages will help you understand how best to tackle your problem. If you've done research before, you'll realise that you tend to learn more by reading previous articles and texts than by asking questions.

Sorry for derailing the thread, but I just feel this issued has to be resolved so that we can maintain some order on the thread. Once again, just my 2 cents.

Is it our fault before that we dont like to read? Is it not the culture we met we followed? Whether you like it or not it is the truth. It would take at least three days or more to read the thread and understand very well so why would you want someone who has interview in three days time or in a weeks time to go start reading something that may end up discouraging them? If we Have no answers to any body's questions we should just keep mute until someone who has answers can answer. That is all I can say.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ kwizzy, just confirm from WAEC and see if they've sent. Try to check that ETS stuff tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cuddlemii: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
You guys should leave monouse alone abeg. I find "it" amusing from the tension we create in this forum pertaining to visa. At least this would serve as comic relief to nervous peeps.

But Monouse, dnt write anything here again okay. The men and women here are only hungry for one thing: foreign degree(USA)

@house, please as u go for an interview, lets know what transpired. We have not heard any success story in a while. We wanna rejoice with the winners.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 12:32am On Oct 28, 2010
I found this article very interesting pertaining to requirements. It seems they judge F1 students differently from B1 students so I dont need all this ties u guys are talking off since I have been in school all my life.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_2734.html

Clear enough,

I am still looking for the visa lottery thing. Because I have been playing that visa lottery for like 6 years based on the advise of my mother who said I should keep my options open not even because I want to go to America sha.

Naggy u sure wetin your advisor tell u is word? because i feel it is trickery that they did not let us know about this issue b4 they encourage us everywhere include the embassy website to apply. Everywhere free lottery around. I just finished putting my lottery application when I read your statement and I nearly vex tire.

Also do u think adding humor during the interview could be a terrible thing. I tend to crack jokes ooh during interviews and might be tempted to do it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:15am On Oct 28, 2010
@Gulag, go there and crack stupid joke make the guy laugh pursue you. Interview is interview, dont have joke in your mind but if there is an avenue to just chip in something funny do it but it should be relevant to your discussion. That na wetin me I think
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 1:31am On Oct 28, 2010
@Gulag, go there and crack silly joke make the guy laugh pursue you. I

grin grin, oyibo people sef dey laugh. I meant, I dont think a monotonous and impersonal interview is usually a good thing. However, I have heard that asking unnecessary questions, volunteering too much information and joking as u said is very detrimental. Its just that when you take a comical perspective on the issue, you will feel more relaxed during the interview. I heard those guys are psychologist and if they see you are tense, they interpret it as desperation.

Its hard to understand sha. Some people tell me not to talk too much during the interview, while other say short answers are not the best.

I just am trying to have a good idea of what I can do to prepare for an interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2010
Finally finally, postmaster don drop my TOEFL result inside my office mailbox. Hope the GRE doesn't take forever. Na wah 4 Naija post office.
Baba God thank you o!

Thanks to all those who advised me to use a p.o.box
@all F1 aspirants, never use your house address except you are using a courier service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.