Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546890 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:23pm On May 17, 2011
Abats4naija:

I am also a fall 2011 visa applicant. i already got my i-20 and i am thinking of making the payment for the SERVIS I-901 fee using a visa debit card. I would like anyone in the house to advise me if its ok to go ahead. will i be able to ship the reciept to nigeria? someone made me understand that the debit/credit card companies do not ship to nigeria. undecided

You can never pay the sevis fee with a credit even if you have AMEX since you are a nigerian they won't allow you. is either you pay via western union @cotonou or probably if you know anyone in the state that can help you send a money order or check.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 11:48pm On May 17, 2011
@seedord247 tanx boss, i'll try to get my bro to help me pay from d states
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 3:31am On May 18, 2011
Greetings to all members of Nairaland.
I am sending this because, i was a kinda free tonight and remembered how much this website helped me at he time of my USA F-1 visa application.
I have not visited this site after then and its been several months.
I think i want to contribute my kinda humanitarian quota to Nigerians home.
Getting a student visa is ABSOLUTELY Possible.
All you need is discovering your ability to be able to.
I am so very willing to tell my ordeal with the VO and the ordeal of many of my clients.
Please i will freely answer questions and concerns to the best of my knowledge should there be a sincere Nigerian who needs it.
Wishing all Nigerians good luck in there pursuit for fulfilment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by walegamat(m): 5:07am On May 18, 2011
PLEASE I NEED NAMES OF SCHOOLS THAT GIVE ADMISSION FOR MASTERS WITHOUT GRE OR GMAT, THANKS SO MUCH
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:34am On May 18, 2011
myforumid3:

@shavel, I'm very sorry to read your denial story which was caused chiefly by bank statement. Some students can come up with the req. $$ for yankee studies but have no statement to back it up for the consular to see and you may fall into this category. I trust you wont give up bro, but I'd advise you sorted out this $$ statement palaver before going back there agn.

@House, I'd encourage we share our strong and weak areas in the house or IMO, to any member of the House by YIM as this wud go a long way in helping each other esp.in areas of our likely weaknesses.
I think if my friend Shavel had shared his e.g the documents in his possession detailing this $$ statement thing, we wud ve pointed out this area as a form of weakness wif possible solutions and prayer in this direction (there is norin prayer cant do) or betterstill, someone wud ve likely helped him out wif a clean $$ statement bearing his sponsor's name wif enuf balance via the 9ja way (gonga aso pointed this out and he was almost stoned, hope I wont be criticized now)..

Reading tru the pages (pg 1-158 now) where nethacker, femilangy, gonga aso,oyewole and co posted a list of the docs and credentials in the possession weeks/days before their interview made me wish I was part of that era, God's time is the best, so I'm good. I greatly admired their era,
They have gone now and are busy with yankee life and studies hence their absence from the House but we are here in thesame path, lets be smart and copy many of the attitude that made most of them a success (onto Visa oh).

My dummy email agn is ghummer1 at gmail dot com and my YIM is da.ghost63 at yahoo dot com.
So who's next, reloaded right?
Success to you and everyone else and this I mean the inactive members readers (like fris) of this great thread.

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:45am On May 18, 2011
myforumid3:

@shavel, I'm very sorry to read your denial story which was caused chiefly by bank statement. Some students can come up with the req. $$ for yankee studies but have no statement to back it up for the consular to see and you may fall into this category. I trust you wont give up bro, but I'd advise you sorted out this $$ statement palaver before going back there agn.

@House, I'd encourage we share our strong and weak areas in the house or IMO, to any member of the House by YIM as this wud go a long way in helping each other esp.in areas of our likely weaknesses.
I think if my friend Shavel had shared his e.g the documents in his possession detailing this $$ statement thing, we wud ve pointed out this area as a form of weakness wif possible solutions and prayer in this direction (there is norin prayer cant do) or betterstill, someone wud ve likely helped him out wif a clean $$ statement bearing his sponsor's name wif enuf balance via the 9ja way (gonga aso pointed this out and he was almost stoned, hope I wont be criticized now)..

Reading tru the pages (pg 1-158 now) where nethacker, femilangy, gonga aso,oyewole and co posted a list of the docs and credentials in the possession weeks/days before their interview made me wish I was part of that era, God's time is the best, so I'm good. I greatly admired their era,
They have gone now and are busy with yankee life and studies hence their absence from the House but we are here in thesame path, lets be smart and copy many of the attitude that made most of them a success (onto Visa oh).

My dummy email agn is ghummer1 at gmail dot com and my YIM is da.ghost63 at yahoo dot com.
Success to you and everyone else and this I mean the inactive members readers (like fris) of this great thread.

thanks 4 d words of encouragement may almighty Allah see us through,but av got not problem of bank balance,av got almost 14million naira in my dad's company's acct,itz jes dat the consular doesn't wanna see any document again after detecting a foul in my dad's company shares capital documents, GOODLUCK 2 ALL,MAY WE ALL AV THE CAUSE TO REJOICE AT THE END OF THIS WAHALA. (AMIN)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:55am On May 18, 2011
myforumid3:

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:35am On May 18, 2011
myforumid3:

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sqlerror: 8:52am On May 18, 2011
POSITIVE DECLARATION I refuse to be dismayed, disengaged, disgruntled, discouraged, or distracted. Neither will I look back, stand back, fall back, go back or sit back, Its well with my soul In Jesus name, Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:55am On May 18, 2011
myforumid3:

thanks 4 d words of encouragement may almighty Allah see us through,but av got not problem of bank balance,av got almost 14million naira in my dad's company's acct,itz jes dat the consular doesn't wanna see any document again after detecting a foul in my dad's company shares capital documents, GOODLUCK 2 ALL,MAY WE ALL AV THE CAUSE TO REJOICE AT THE END OF THIS WAHALA. (AMIN)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 1:09pm On May 18, 2011
@shavel, I am so so sad about your news, well i think you have figure out where the mistake is from, but please do not not forget that other consular might not be paramont about your financial issue but the way you respond to their question , so be carefull on that too and make sure you fixed your financial issue before going back, i wish you best of luck this time around and wish my self too ooo, could you please and try and post other question asked from you ,so that we can learn from it and what the situation in lag embassy,i am talking about the consular to avoid and the one to pray for??

@myforumid3, Thanks for the advice and we fall applicant will try and post our document before the interview date expecially my self because i think there is a RED FLAG in my visa application, I have added you to my YIM for more conversation, my id is kuforite at yahoo dot com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 2:54pm On May 18, 2011
Greetings once again here.
Please should anyone has a question or pressing inquiry about F-1 visa appointments, approval or concerns.
You can kindly ask.
I might be able to help.
I have been there before and my experience counts at least to someone.
I will also love to chat with the young man shavel.
Goodluck everyone
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 18, 2011
please i need advice about this visa immigrations expert.they want me to wire money to there account for a state visa.are they real or scam?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 3:24pm On May 18, 2011
@jooas
There is nothing like helping you for a state visa.
I live here in the states and i get really sad when Nigerians are scammed or refused the right to live a fulfilling life.
Please do not for any reason wire money to a group or persons.
It is a scam
Thank you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 18, 2011
@tonytone,am very grateful for the info.am happy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 18, 2011
Tonytone:

@jooas
I live here in the states and i get really sad when Nigerians are scammed or refused the right to live a fulfilling life.
It is a scam
Thank you
thanks for ur concern sir,if u wanna chat my yim id is shevy4real4u@yahoo.com@house we are yet to hear the gudnius frm timotee,and to those who think lag consulate is a worst place for a visa interview, to my experience at the consulate i think lag consulate is the best place to get ur visa approved,the guys at counter yesterday were young and so friendly,so be prepared.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 18, 2011
Tonytone:

@jooas
It is a scam
Thank you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olarasheed: 6:30pm On May 18, 2011
Guys,I need your input on this.I have I-20 form from an American college to study English as ESL student for 3months.
What are my chances for securing visa from American Embassy in Lagos?Please your input is needed urgently cos my interview will be in June.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 18, 2011
Tonytone:

@jooas
It is a scam
Thank you
my yahoo id is shevy4real4uatyahoo.com@house,where is timotee?we await ur gudnews
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:31pm On May 18, 2011
olarasheed:

Guys,I need your input on this.I have I-20 form from an American college to study English as ESL student for 3months.
What are my chances for securing visa from American Embassy in Lagos?Please your input is needed urgently cos my interview will be in June.
From reading thru the pages of this thread, I'd say your case's got lots of red flag but maybe if you let us in on mre info about your profile, we wud be in a better position to advise better. Success sha,
Didnt know Timotee's day was today, Success bro! Come share the experience with the House, whatever the outcome.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 9:02pm On May 18, 2011
webstradamus:

Hi guys, I am trying to register online for the GRE General Test but can only find two test sites in Nigeria (First Logic Lagos and Abuja). I need to write the test in Port Harcourt. Please how do I schedule for Port Harcourt?
lag or Abj, choose. Its not done in Ph.

GboyegaD:

I just called my Graduate Program Coordinator who informed me that she is yet to receive my application forms. However, she said I should not be discouraged that it would work out. I know that is the message I need for now. I will keep following up with the International Office and Graduate School.
I trust you wud share ur gud news soon, Success bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 18, 2011
Timotee:

Hello House,

I got admitted into d MPH programme for d fall at Univ of South Carolina and will be having my visa interview on May 19th.

However, wen I was filling my DS-160 form, there was no provision for uploading a passport photograph.

Is it the same for every one or should I be worried?

Pls response,
@house,timotee's interview date is tomorrow according to his first post
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olarasheed: 9:23pm On May 18, 2011
@myforumid3,are you saying applying for f1 visa as a ESL student is outright visa denial?Is it better I let go of my interview cos of where it will end?I thought going through ESL is as good as having TOEFL,am I wrong?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 9:29pm On May 18, 2011
olarasheed:

@myforumid3,are you saying applying for f1 visa as a ESL student is outright visa denial?Is it better I let go of my interview cos of where it will end?I thought going through ESL is as good as having TOEFL,am I wrong?

Guy those consular knew that Nigeria official language is english and they know we speak the same english as they do just a little bit difference. I will advice you to look for tangible course to study cus your chance of getting the F1 visa is just 30% to me.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 18, 2011
olarasheed:

itz beta u send emails to the skol telling them to change ur course of study to one reasonable course and issue u new i20
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by samdams: 12:08pm On May 19, 2011
@ Gongo Aso, Thanks for the file u attached here i read all of it slowly and i do appreaciate it ,,,,, But i do have a Question for you , Cause Currently i am in UK Studying and i want to go to USA for Visit and not to study , I once applied for the Visa 2 yrs ago and i was bounced lol, cause i didnt spend up to 6 months in this country and they thought i am going to run , But My inlaw is the one sponsoring me to come over to the states cause he is the one that also did the uk student visa for me, I produced all the documents required and they didnt give me , Here i am again and i want to apply for the Visit /Tourist just to Visit my Inlaw and my Sister , But still scared that they gonna bounce me again , I want to know what i can do to over come this , Do you have any Idea about this , ? This Question Goes out to anyone that got any idea or help about this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 19, 2011
Hello house, went for my interview today at Abuja.
Met d Chinko lady and she asked me my whole life story.
At d end of d day, she didnt give me d visa.
Said she wasnt convinced I was a medical doctor even after showing her my medical degree and WES evaluation.
Would give d full details later.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:17pm On May 19, 2011
Timoteee  . . . . . .

I'm very sorry for your visa denial . . . . .  i can't say anything for now untill post your experience at the emabassy.

Is it Lag or AbJ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 19, 2011
The interview went like this:

VO: Where are u going to?
Me: The US
VO: Any city in particular?
Me: Columbia, South Carolina
VO: To do what?
Me: To do a masters programme in public health majoring in Epidemiology
VO: Oh, thats good. So what prompted ur desire to go for Epidemiology?
Me: I ranted on the various reasons.
VO: What's Epidemiology?
Me: Explained wat it was to her?
VO: What's an epidemic?
Me: Explained it to her
VO: What's a pandemic?
VO: Wats d difference between an epidemic and a pandemic?
Me: Told her d difference
VO: No no, I think its d reverse.
Me: Explained to her that wat I told her was d actual thing and buttressed with examples
VO: Ok, I get it
VO: So where are u working?
Me: Told her
VO: Since wen?
Me: told her
VO: So wat have u been doing since graduation?
Me: Explained that I had to do my internship and youth service
VO: Oh
Me: So wat do u do at ur place of work?
Me: Told her I work at d GOPD
VO: So u get to see people with broken hands and legs
Me: Yes
VO: So wat other cases do u see?
Me: Listed a whole lot of conditions
VO: So who's sponsoring u?
Me: My uncle
VO: So wat are d requirements for admission for ur course?
VO: Can I see them?
Me: Gave her my GRE, TOEFL and WES evaluation reports
VO: Do u do Zoology in medical school?
Me: Yes, in d first year
VO: But Zoology has nothing to do with medicine
Me: In d 1st year, basic medical sciences courses are taught before u progress to d core medical courses
VO: What is Zoology?
VO: U did human medicine, right?
VO: But Zoology has nothing to do with human medicine
Me: Explained to her again that in the Nigerian medical curriculum, basic medical sciences are done in d 1st year
At this point, she turned d WES evaluation transcript to me and showed me d 2 Zoology courses done in my 1st year
VO: Are u saying u did these Zoology courses in medical school?
Me: Yes and I tried to re-explain
VO: I'm not convinced u are a doctor and u're going to study Epidemiology
Me: I am. And showed her my my MBBS degree certificate
VO: Sorry, I cant issue u a visa at this time
Me: Its alright

And then, I walk away with a smile on my face.
It was really a very funny experience.
Since I still have time, I'd be re-applying but this time I wont be wasting any money travelling to Abuja. I'll just stay and do it in Lagos.
Success to folks goin next.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2011
That the case with most folk here on NL they taught that Abuja is the only place they issue visa and we have so many pple that have gotten thier visa in Lagos.

That Chinko lady that interview you is the one that always do Bio-metrics and sometimes interview merely, she's very strict regarding issuing of VISA.

You really tried bcus it's an awful experience. better luck next time man.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 19, 2011
Timotee:

The interview went like this:

VO: Where are u going to?
Me: The US
VO: Any city in particular?
Me: Columbia, South Carolina
VO: To do what?
Me: To do a masters programme in public health majoring in Epidemiology
VO: Oh, thats good. So what prompted your desire to go for Epidemiology?
Me: I ranted on the various reasons.
VO: What's Epidemiology?
Me: Explained wat it was to her?
VO: What's an epidemic?
VO: What's a pandemic?
VO: Wats d difference between an epidemic and a pandemic?
Me: Told her d difference
VO: No no, I think its d reverse.
Me: Explained to her that wat I told her was d actual thing and buttressed with examples
VO: Ok, I get it
VO: So where are u working?
VO: Since wen?
Me: told her
VO: So wat have u been doing since graduation?
Me: Explained that I had to do my internship and youth service
Me: So wat do u do at your place of work?
Me: Told her I work at d GOPD
VO: So u get to see people with broken hands and legs
VO: So wat other cases do u see?
Me: Listed a whole lot of conditions
VO: So who's sponsoring u?
Me: My uncle
VO: So wat are d requirements for admission for your course?
VO: Can I see them?
Me: Gave her my GRE, TOEFL and WES evaluation reports
VO: Do u do Zoology in medical school?
Me: Yes, in d first year
VO: But Zoology has nothing to do with medicine
Me: In d 1st year, basic medical sciences courses are taught before u progress to d core medical courses
VO: What is Zoology?
VO: U did human medicine, right?
VO: But Zoology has nothing to do with human medicine
Me: Explained to her again that in the Nigerian medical curriculum, basic medical sciences are done in d 1st year
At this point, she turned d WES evaluation transcript to me and showed me d 2 Zoology courses done in my 1st year
VO: Are u saying u did these Zoology courses in medical school?
Me: Yes and I tried to re-explain
VO: I'm not convinced u are a doctor and u're going to study Epidemiology
Me: I am. And showed her my my MBBS degree certificate
VO: Sorry, I cant issue u a visa at this time
Me: Its alright

And then, I walk away with a smile on my face.
It was really a very funny experience.
Since I still have time, I'd be re-applying but this time I wont be wasting any money travelling to Abuja. I'll just stay and do it in Lagos.
Success to folks goin next.
it's painful to me u got a denial afta i av jes brought one to the house, @house,we got to do serious prayers to stop this denial thing, i pray none of wuld b denied again and those who were denied will surely get theirs on their second appearance, (amin)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by layric: 7:52pm On May 19, 2011
@ Timotee i am very sorry about your denial after all this questions and she still saying shes not convinced enough wow, too too bad ,well i think you are not just favor that day,lets keep praying for favor of God cause you have done the best as a student can do for real and you deserve the visa.Pls re aply again am sure you will get it for real.

@ house lets keep praying , both Abj and Lagos is tough now

Good luck to fall applicants

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.