Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:15pm On May 15, 2011
OjaP:

Click on the link below and read my post.
              https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.4576.html

Thanks man. I did send my certified certificate copy to them separately. They mailed me the following day that I expect them to get all my documents. I'm just anxious about the deadline and my university getting their mail and treating it fast. I will start calling the man i know at the admin to help checking for their letter once i know how long it takes their letter to reach naija. Pls do you know how long it takes?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:27pm On May 15, 2011
webstradamus:

You may check with WES to request that they send the verification request to your school via email considering our inefficient postal service else you might have to wait all year. I did a preview evaluation on their website and had a 4.35/5 Nigerian GPA evaluated to 3.63/4. Unfortunately,  I can't go ahead with an offficial evaluation because they say don't evaluate transcripts from my school (I wonder why). My only hope now is ECE but I've read a lot of bad reviews (non-nigeria though) about them and wouldn't want my grades evaluated poorly.

That's why I am looking for anyone's experience with ECE. I need to have an idea of how they evaluate our degrees so I know whether to go ahead with them or not.

I don't think they do send email to schools but letter via post as OjaP has proven. Yes, i have been told by a school that my 3.68/5 will be 2.94/4. I don't use ECE because they are asking for my secondary sch transcripts and O'level results despite i'm being evaluated for a master degree.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 15, 2011
myforumid3:

Thanks shavel,
Is it true that Ecobank HQ at V/I processes SERVIS fee payment?
Apart from GTB, Is there any other Nigerian bank  doing it? as I
I dont ve a dorm ac wif GTB and I dont think I have a friend who has or Would anyone help out?
i don't knw if ecobank hq in v.i process sevis,i only knw of ecobank du benin.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2011
Anyone reading this now should read this words from his heart ---Thank you God.

I just got my visa 3 hours ago at abuja.after first denial.am too excited to type now.when i get to lagos i will update my experience cause am typing from my phone at the airport.

Thank you nairaland.i got almost all details from here from scratch and it paid of well.

I went to cubicle 9.the old man was so nice today.God is great.

Update you guys later.don't give Up if you get denied.try again as i did and commit it in God's hands.he will answer you.if he answered me why not you ?.

Yankee here i come weew weweweweeeeeeWEweeeW
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 1:54pm On May 16, 2011
fris:

I just got my visa 3 hours ago at abuja.after first denial.am too excited to type now.when i get to lagos i will update my experience cause am typing from my phone at the airport.

Thank you nairaland.i got almost all details from here from scratch and it paid of well.

Update you guys later.don't give Up if you get denied.try again as i did and commit it in God's hands.he will answer you.if he answered me why not you ?.

Congrats, Its God's doing.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 2:04pm On May 16, 2011
@fris
I am happy for you, please post your interview details for we fall applicant to learn from, And Hope i am good to stay here in Lagos for my interview, any one with how interviews goes in Lagos recently?? Please Response is needed ooo
Tanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 16, 2011
fris:

am very api for u bro, i pray i would get mine 2mao as well.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 4:09pm On May 16, 2011
fris congrat am happy 4 u

to others I pray dat we too shall be granted visa in Jesus name Amen.

To God all tins are possible.

Believe in urself and don't give up
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2011
Still at abuja oooo.my flight was canceled but waiting for the next available flight to lagos.let me update you guys from my mobile.please mind my typing.

I got there 6am.as usuall people already there waiting as if they don't sleep.they started calling for que up by 7: 35am which i ran to be the first on the que beccause of my experieence first time.abuja is not like lagos where u come first and be in front.in abuja u run to be in front.so i was ajile today cause first time i last like last even when i got there earlier than anyone.

Did all protocol.biometrics.got to my turn.

Cubicle 9.next applicate to 9
Me : good morning sir.
VO : GOod morning.your application please.
Me : here it is sir "with a smile"
Vo : "took it and started typing and concentrated on his pc screen".
Vo : your waec,sat,toefl,all certicates.
Me : handed him all my certificate.original waec 2006.my diploma certificate original.
Vo : oh you finished secondary school in 2006 and what have you been doing since then ?
Me : i showed all certificates and the proof of being admitted once in a nigerian school but dropped out for bad Lectures.
Vo : ok
Vo : so how did you know about this school,why this school,dids you apply to any oother school ?
Me : i explained that i made a checklist of what school i wanted 1- a non profit school,2- an affordable school to my sponsor which is my father,3-a school with good faculty to student ratio,4- a school in a state where it dont snow cause i dont like snow.and i stopped there.

Vo : why did you do IT in your diploma and you changed course here.
ME : sir,no knowledge is waste,i will use my IT skill in my new course.
Vo : but how can you tell me IT is needed here.
Me : there is data processing.this is 21st century sir,"i started to stammer"

Vo: take this slip and pick up your passport on wednesday your visa hs been issued.

He then gave me a slip.

I ran out before he changes his mind and with a huge sign of relief and happiness i was like not able to contain it alone.

The difference between my first interview andd this one was that first i was too over confidence because i beleived i have all info needed.but this second time i weNt with almighty God.and experience too.

Thank you nairaland.since i joined nairaland.i have benefited informations that money can not but or can buy sometimes and also met and did business with some.the bb i am using to type this was bough from a nairaland guy but i was only scammed once here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:47pm On May 16, 2011
Please am sorry for the typo errors.bear with me.i am typing from a mobile phone.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 4:54pm On May 16, 2011
@fris
Congrats to u once more, na God do am for u oo, I wish my interview go this way too ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 5:02pm On May 16, 2011
@reloaded11

You will get it in Jesus name.just pray and have some basic knowledge about the school.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 5:07pm On May 16, 2011
@fris Amen ooo!!!! What is your course of study?? Fall applicants where are y guyz? let's relate now, any one with how interview goes in Lagos lately ??
Tanx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 5:58pm On May 16, 2011
reloaded11:

@fris Amen ooo!!!! What is your course of study?? Fall applicants where are y guyz? let's relate now, any one with how interview goes in Lagos lately ??
Tanx

I have asked this question so many times, the Fall Applicants dey fall hands big time. Whats wrong if we all share our YIM here so we can encourage and pray for each other. For example I dont even know that Shavel wud be having his/her interview 2moro so I can pray for him/her as well,
femilangy. nethacker, oyewole and co started this and ve gone on to be friends for life, lets follow in their path,
Well, let me start by posting my YIM again. its just da.ghost63 at yahoo dot com.
I am a MS student anyway.
I hope others wud follow suit!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 6:17pm On May 16, 2011
WODUP GUYS?i jst got my i20 and acceptance to oklahoma panhandle state university,pls house wat is the next thing to do
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 7:32pm On May 16, 2011
My advice thought gotten from Timotee and co in the House,
fill up the DS-160 form today using your SERVIS number.
Make sure you are careful wif the whole process, then print out your Confirmation page making sure the bar code is properly shown(use pdf printer to make a pdf copy out of it esp. if u dont ve an installed printer
; also send it to your email). Than rush to GTB tomorrow to pay for your visa app fee (N22400).
Then SERVIS fee payment shud be next in the picture immediately; whatever option you have decided on. Options are in the House.
Success bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 7:33pm On May 16, 2011
My advice though gotten from Timotee and co in the House,
fill up the DS-160 form today using your SERVIS number.
Make sure you are careful wif the whole process, then print out your Confirmation page making sure the bar code is properly shown(use pdf printer to make a pdf copy out of it esp. if u dont ve an installed printer
; also send it to your email). Than rush to GTB tomorrow to pay for your visa app fee (N22400).
Then SERVIS fee payment shud be next in the picture immediately; whatever option you have decided on. Options are in the House.
Success bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 10:04pm On May 16, 2011
Hey House, I have successfully booked my appointment for Abuja for July 6th,
For those eyeing Abuja, please get your I-20 fast and book early as 6th July was the only date in July that I saw. Hope more dates wud be available.
Thank God for His grace in getting this date and thanks to everyone in the House for sharing the tips on getting started yesterday when I was very happy for getting my I-20 but almost confused on what next to do. Still cant believe that I have a date already and I can now relax myself with SERVIS Payment and interview prep!
its one step at a time but by faith, "Yankee here I come".
My prayers to shavel and others who are going for theirs 2moro,
Success.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 9:39am On May 17, 2011
@Shavel, Your getting your F-1 visa today, You are going to bring us the good news later today. Insha Alah !!!! any other applicant? @ house i am going for interview with my NECO result oo, Hope i am Good to go?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2011
@Reloaded

You are good to go. . . .make sure you go with your go your scrath card.

Shavel am waiting for your Good news.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deji2big: 1:41pm On May 17, 2011
THIS FOR REAL AND TRUTH, if you want connection to the US embassy, belive that i am your angel, i have the connection and would totally give it free if i want but i wont, if anyone is ready to pay me only 5k i promise i will give you and ALMIGHTY GOD is my witness that i have this connection, it was just by chance and being a lucky person i got to have this info. and also if you want connections for people working at the canada,australia,malaysia
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2011
Na Okija Go ruin all you and your family in US embassy. Ode. . . . Oloshi. . . .Monkey. . . . Baboon. Yu think say na aswani market you dey.

We Here are working in the right path God as choosen for us. Oga abeeggg go inside BRT go sell yur market.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 4:40pm On May 17, 2011
SHAVEL, Where r u at?? we are waiting for ur good news
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 17, 2011
reloaded11:

SHAVEL, Where r u at?? we are waiting for your good news
@house,am very sad for bringing to u a bad news as i was denied at the consulate general,lag, am not very sad bout dis coz i came to realize the reasons for my denial.the consular was so nice,a black american, he asked me if am a high skol grad or a uni grad and i answered,so he asked for my sponsor's(dad) document where i gave him my dad's company's cert. Of incorporation and someoda docs attached on the cac2 of the company's doc, it was written dat the shares capital of the company is 1million naira which was only applicable at the establishment of the company but now there is a big rise in the company's shares capital,so the vo was wondering how could a company running on 1million naira sponsor u to a skol of 3 million naira per year, i was trying to present the account statements of the company to him at that point where he refused to collect anyoda doc frm me, i will neva say die until the bones are rotten,i'll be paying the new visa fee 2mao for anoda appointment, GOODLUCK TO ALL FALL APPLICANTS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2011
Shavel

am very sorry for your denial today. since yu can highlighted the reason for your denial that will help yu in getting your VISA next time.

Once again am sorry. Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotohhawt(f): 7:41pm On May 17, 2011
@shavel, I am so sorry to hear ur denial news. But, dont lose hope, good news will be urs soon. Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 17, 2011
@house,thanks for ur words of encouragement i hope everyone would learn from this,make sure u check all documents properly before going to d consulate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 8:39pm On May 17, 2011
@shavel,first of all i am rily sorry u were denied and would like to encourage u to hold ur chin up and learn from ur mistek.Seedord and i were denied a visa at our first attempt and we didn't lose hope and succeeded at the second attempt.So i would advice you to go back thea and if asked why were u denied just say something like i didn present my case properly last time out or just state wateva reason u deem fit and be confident and with tha grace of the Almighty u will have ur visa in hand next time u come out of that compound.Gud luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 9:08pm On May 17, 2011
@shavel, I'm very sorry to read your denial story which was caused chiefly by bank statement. Some students can come up with the req. $$ for yankee studies but have no statement to back it up for the consular to see and you may fall into this category. I trust you wont give up bro, but I'd advise you sorted out this $$ statement palaver before going back there agn.

@House, I'd encourage we share our strong and weak areas in the house or IMO, to any member of the House by YIM as this wud go a long way in helping each other esp.in areas of our likely weaknesses.
I think if my friend Shavel had shared his e.g the documents in his possession detailing this $$ statement thing, we wud ve pointed out this area as a form of weakness wif possible solutions and prayer in this direction (there is norin prayer cant do) or betterstill, someone wud ve likely helped him out wif a clean $$ statement bearing his sponsor's name wif enuf balance via the 9ja way (gonga aso pointed this out and he was almost stoned, hope I wont be criticized now)..

Reading tru the pages (pg 1-158 now) where nethacker, femilangy, gonga aso,oyewole and co posted a list of the docs and credentials in the possession weeks/days before their interview made me wish I was part of that era, God's time is the best, so I'm good. I greatly admired their era,
They have gone now and are busy with yankee life and studies hence their absence from the House but we are here in thesame path, lets be smart and copy many of the attitude that made most of them a success (onto Visa oh).

My dummy email agn is ghummer1 at gmail dot com and my YIM is da.ghost63 at yahoo dot com.
So who's next, reloaded right?
Success to you and everyone else and this I mean the inactive members readers (like fris) of this great thread.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 11:11pm On May 17, 2011
I am also a fall 2011 visa applicant. i already got my i-20 and i am thinking of making the payment for the SERVIS I-901 fee using a visa debit card. I would like anyone in the house to advise me if its ok to go ahead. will i be able to ship the reciept to nigeria? someone made me understand that the debit/credit card companies do not ship to nigeria. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.