Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545743 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deeprimix: 8:54pm On May 19, 2011
guys i think i seem to undastand somtin abt dis us guys, if u apply a month or few wiks b4 resumption u seem 2 v 70perc. Chances but les dan dat,dey knw frm d beginin der arent givin u so dey pul ur legs n let u comit or mak a mistak urself so u wont think dey'r unfair.'although majority wouldnt want to risk goin late', its my 3rd trial now n am rily hopin on God 4 divine favor as a fall student,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 11:03pm On May 19, 2011
myforumid3:

lag or Abj, choose. Its not done in Ph.
I trust you wud share your gud news soon, Success bro

Are you serious about this? Have they stopped taking the GRE at First Logic in Port Harcourt?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 11:52pm On May 19, 2011
webstradamus:

Are you serious about this? Have they stopped taking the GRE at First Logic in Port Harcourt?
You asked thesame question and ve gotten same answer both here and at the ""Prep for GRE" thread. Take our advise and stop making us feel we are here to spew rubbish. Whats your prob sef? You dont seem ready for yankee life at all, thats why you seem hesitant on leaving your mama's b r e a st milk for life outside her b o s s o m.
There is First Logic in Ph, but they dont take GRE. I was in your shoe in 2k8 as I wanted to write in Ph but they told me theirs dont take GRE and TOEFL and I ve got to go to Lag or Abuja.
you could waste your time going there to confirm or you cud continue doubting people's advise here and spewing same question all over nl.

Make I nor catch you agn oh, be warned.
Just joking bro

@Timotee, I feel very sorry for your ordeal in the evil hand of that chinko, but you did answer the questions well. I think she is just been a saddist. Why u nor avoid her like other people did via the rest room, ? Apply agn and i am sure you will get ur visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 12:11am On May 20, 2011
Greetings Nairaland.
Please I have a very pressing issue i need to clarify.
Actually i am here to help in my own way cos i have been through my own test of acid like a year ago.
But i have siblings and friend that i applied to my school for.
I have like 4 of them that do not have WAEC results.
What they have is the NECO.
Please can i have a complete experience with those of you who went with NECO to the interview?
I really need to know cos most of my friend here in the states said they do not really appreciate NECO and even sometimes tell students to come back when they can present WAEC results.
Please can i have as many as possible comments and experience please?
Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 4:02am On May 20, 2011
@ Timotee

Sorry about your denial in Abuja.One thing i noticed from your interview as you stated it is that she had no reason to deny you. Because you knew what you were talking about on the medical field.

Schedule appointment again to Abuja.If there's one thing that makes embassies curious is doing interview in one location and changing it to another.stick to same interview location and not same interviewer. You will be given next time.Just pray and don't go to same lady again.

I was denied first at Abuja and i applied again and went to the Man at cubicle 9 and he gave me without much questions.Right now,I just bought my ticket to New york.

So i advise you not to be discouraged or change location to Lagos cause it might be the first thing being asked why the sudden change and they might be curious what you did in Abuja.Think about that.

Pray !!! There is nothing God can not do.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 5:50am On May 20, 2011
some of una no dey heya word sey no let chinko interview u!!! 20 peeps wey i know wey chinko interview, not even 1 get the visa! , i beta act sick dan make chinko interview me!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by totful: 1:59pm On May 20, 2011
so how do u avoid the chinko lady, what's the strategy, I hear u have to move in if you are next in line. abi nor be so?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2011
pls house do i need to have landed properties before i can get a student visa,cant i use the documents of my sponsors house and shops? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 20, 2011
As per avoiding d chinko lady, it wasnt possible because all d other visa officers were on break except her.
So I had no option.

@ Fris:
Thankz for d advice. I'd just re-apply at Abuja in July and pray for Gods favour.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 6:57pm On May 20, 2011
D CHINKO LADY
reads this every day
She sees that Nigerians are racist pigs.
They disrespect people of other nations.
So when you go to her begging
GIVE ME VISA
She gives you BAN.
Bad Nija people reap what they sow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2011
Timotee:

The interview went like this:

VO: Where are u going to?
Me: The US
VO: Any city in particular?
Me: Columbia, South Carolina
VO: To do what?
Me: To do a masters programme in public health majoring in Epidemiology
VO: Oh, thats good. So what prompted your desire to go for Epidemiology?
Me: I ranted on the various reasons.
VO: What's Epidemiology?
Me: Explained wat it was to her?
VO: What's an epidemic?
Me: Explained it to her
VO: What's a pandemic?
Me: Explained it to her
VO: Wats d difference between an epidemic and a pandemic?
Me: Told her d difference
VO: No no, I think its d reverse.
Me: Explained to her that wat I told her was d actual thing and buttressed with examples
VO: Ok, I get it
VO: So where are u working?
Me: Told her
VO: Since wen?
Me: told her
VO: So wat have u been doing since graduation?
Me: Explained that I had to do my internship and youth service
VO: Oh
Me: So wat do u do at your place of work?
Me: Told her I work at d GOPD
VO: So u get to see people with broken hands and legs
Me: Yes
VO: So wat other cases do u see?
Me: Listed a whole lot of conditions
VO: So who's sponsoring u?
Me: My uncle
VO: So wat are d requirements for admission for your course?
VO: Can I see them?
Me: Gave her my GRE, TOEFL and WES evaluation reports
VO: Do u do Zoology in medical school?
Me: Yes, in d first year
VO: But Zoology has nothing to do with medicine
Me: In d 1st year, basic medical sciences courses are taught before u progress to d core medical courses
VO: What is Zoology?
VO: U did human medicine, right?
Me: Yes
VO: But Zoology has nothing to do with human medicine
Me: Explained to her again that in the Nigerian medical curriculum, basic medical sciences are done in d 1st year
At this point, she turned d WES evaluation transcript to me and showed me d 2 Zoology courses done in my 1st year
VO: Are u saying u did these Zoology courses in medical school?
Me: Yes and I tried to re-explain
VO: I'm not convinced u are a doctor and u're going to study Epidemiology
Me: I am. And showed her my my MBBS degree certificate
VO: Sorry, I cant issue u a visa at this time
Me: Its alright

And then, I walk away with a smile on my face.
It was really a very funny experience.
Since I still have time, I'd be re-applying but this time I wont be wasting any money travelling to Abuja. I'll just stay and do it in Lagos.
Success to folks goin next.

From those bolded questions and replies from her, it shows she is a daft and a sadist. Who doesn't know that the first year in any institution used to contain fundamental courses. Next time, she will be permanent at the biometric section where she belongs for life. She asked too many sick questions and she is too sick to interview reasonable scholars.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jay1010: 9:41pm On May 20, 2011
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread.Anyway I am having problems with booking an earlier appointment for my student visa. I am only seeing open slots for August. Does anyone know what days they add new dates or reopen cancelled appointments because I need an appontment for June or July, My school begins July 7th
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 10:29pm On May 20, 2011
jay1010:

Hello everyone, I am new to this thread.Anyway I am having problems with booking an earlier appointment for my student visa. I am only seeing open slots for August. Does anyone know what days they add new dates or reopen cancelled appointments because I need an appontment for June or July, My school begins July 7th
Which address do you want to book at? Abj or lag?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 10:36pm On May 20, 2011
jay1010:

The only advice i'll give you is just for you to be consistent on Net
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jay1010: 11:14pm On May 20, 2011
@myforumid3 In Abuja

@seedord247 thnks for the advice, so does it mean there isnt any particular day or time they open slots.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:11am On May 21, 2011
Still waiting for my I-20 as my TOEFL result will be released on Monday or Tuesday before i can get my I-20, House please will i pay the 22k and also send 200$ also for the SEVIS ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yapyap(m): 11:53am On May 21, 2011
nairalanders , pls do you think one can get a 2months student visa to us. especially when you being sponsored by your company.
because my has being rejected twice and i am very skeptic about a third trial.
i need your replies please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mkeji1: 4:09pm On May 21, 2011
Timotee, i need to let you know that you really tried based on your conversation with the yo. If i may understand you very well, did you print the university result from year 1 in the university or your year 2 in the university which is equivalent to 1st year in the college of medicine. If i were you i have no business with my first year in university. I would preferably print and evaluate my transcript in college of medicine.
Timotee:

As per avoiding d chinko lady, it wasnt possible because all d other visa officers were on break except her.
So I had no option.

@ Fris:
Thankz for d advice. I'd just re-apply at Abuja in July and pray for Gods favour.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mkeji1: 4:09pm On May 21, 2011
Timotee, i need to let you know that you really tried based on your conversation with the yo. If i may understand you very well, did you print the university result from year 1 in the university or your year 2 in the university which is equivalent to 1st year in the college of medicine. If i were you i have no business with my first year in university. I would preferably print and evaluate my transcript in college of medicine.
Timotee:

So I had no option.

@ Fris:
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2011
yapyap:

nairalanders , pls do you think one can get a 2months student visa to us. especially when you being sponsored by your company.
because my has being rejected twice and i am very skeptic about a third trial.
i need your replies please.

I don't think soooo bcus you may automatically be rejected again.

dammiedex:

Still waiting for my I-20 as my TOEFL result will be released on Monday or Tuesday before i can get my I-20, House please will i pay the 22k and also send 200$ also for the SEVIS ?

Get your I20 first and afta that you can go on and pay for your sevis and book appt.

Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jay1010: 11:46pm On May 21, 2011
Does anyone know if they grant Emergency Appointments or Expedited Visa requests to students and how to go about it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 11:54pm On May 21, 2011
jay1010:

Does anyone know if they grant Emergency Appointments or Expedited Visa requests to students and how to go about it?

yes they do, all you need to do is to mail them regarding your plight of not getting a date online and yur school resume on so so so date.

Abuja Contact

Email: Consularabuja@state.gov

Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 1:06pm On May 22, 2011
deeprimix:

guys i think i seem to undastand somtin abt dis us guys, if u apply a month or few wiks b4 resumption u seem 2 v 70perc. Chances but les dan dat,dey knw frm d beginin der arent givin u so dey pul your legs n let u comit or mak a mistak urself so u wont think dey'r unfair.'although majority wouldnt want to risk goin late', its my 3rd trial now n am rily hopin on God 4 divine favor as a fall student,
, am i d only one paying attention to dis, ?? grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2011
deeprimix:

guys i think i seem to undastand somtin abt dis us guys, if u apply a month or few wiks b4 resumption u seem 2 v 70perc. Chances but les dan dat,dey knw frm d beginin der arent givin u so dey pul your legs n let u comit or mak a mistak urself so u wont think dey'r unfair.'although majority wouldnt want to risk goin late', its my 3rd trial now n am rily hopin on God 4 divine favor as a fall student,

I didn't even notice this. . . . . .how will someone type like this and expect the VO to dash him VISA.

Well shaaa wishing you best of luck in your next FUJI Interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2011
*strolls in*, Hello people, *strolls out*
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 22, 2011
worry246:

D CHINKO LADY
reads this every day
She sees that Nigerians are racist pigs.
They disrespect people of other nations.
So when you go to her begging
GIVE ME VISA
She gives you BAN.
Bad Nija people reap what they sow.

hahahahahahahaha, i love this poem!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 11:16pm On May 22, 2011
Was wondering if I could register the SAT online using my zenith bank credit card for my younger ones. I heard there would be one coming up late this year, Any direction on how to register for it? Is it as easy as registering GRE on gre.org?
Superbrain:

*strolls in*, Hello people, *strolls out*
Oga, how far?

shavel:

hahahahahahahaha, i love this poem!
me too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotohhawt(f): 4:56am On May 23, 2011
@myforumid3, u can't register for the SAT online, with credit card or from outside d shores of Nigeria as long as the candidate resides and will be writing the exam in Nigeria

Collegeboard has just ONE SAT representative in Nigeria, that is OFFICIALLY recognised by collegeboard for the registering of NIGERIAN candidates. You can google them up, GIEVA.

The deadline for the JUNE test has passed but theres another in OCTOBER,.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yoddy01: 6:14am On May 23, 2011
This is a lovely forum, Its so nice and it helps Nigerians a lot.Keep it up.There are several factors need to be considered when going for a US visa interview which is very shady to a lot of Nigerians

olayemi_james01@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deeprimix: 7:11am On May 23, 2011
@alhaji seedord, am open to your correction, English Prof, I blv any1 is subject to his use of english on this thread, so far it makes sense, I use my fone to brws and prefers abrvatns, talk is cheap o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 3:02pm On May 23, 2011
Greetings Nairaland.
Please I have a very pressing issue i need to clarify.
Actually i am here to help in my own way cos i have been through my own test of acid like a year ago.
But i have siblings and friend that i applied to my school for.
I have like 4 of them that do not have WAEC results.
What they have is the NECO.
Please can i have a complete experience with those of you who went with NECO to the interview?
I really need to know cos most of my friend here in the states said they do not really appreciate NECO and even sometimes tell students to come back when they can present WAEC results.
Please can i have as many as possible comments and experience please?
Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2011
@ myforumid3,

Chief, I'm good. Waiting for Penn state to send my docs. Did you get my email? We need to talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.