Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546874 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 8:34pm On May 11, 2011
reloaded11:

I'm having little concern about my visa processing, I applied for ELECTRONICS MEDIA & BROADCASTING and on my I-20 it was written COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA STUDIES,OTHER and my acceptance letter it is written ELECTRONICS MEDIA & BROADCASTING MAJOR, My question is when feeling the D-160 form what should write in there as my course of study ? and hope is not going to complicate issue on visa interview ??
Please any one i need an urgent reply to my question.
Thanks in advance.
people worry themselves over unnecessary stuff that doesn't even mean any thing. It's your I-20 that will be requested during your interview, so you have to put the course indicated on it. Acceptance letters are not often asked for. You don't want to be wasting your time and credit calling these schools because of something so irrelevant.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by campbell05: 9:54am On May 12, 2011
what if they notice that mistake? what would you say? Just pray to God and be ready to answer that question if asked.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 1:16pm On May 12, 2011
Hello House,

Studies in the US is going on fine, I am wishing all Fall applicant success in your Visa pursuit.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2011
I just wanna l you this chance to tell to tell the house that me and mohaka from kenya have gotten our  visa since last week Tuesday after completing 91 day's of AP.

I give thanks to the almighty Allah for is protection and is guidance over me all this while.

Thanks to the CEO of this forum and also the moderators of this thread and the Co-supporter.

I knew we still have a long way to go and may almighty  God lead us us true ti the straight path.  Ameen

Saheed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2011
seedord tell them like it is bro.This AP thing has caused us 3 months of sleepless nights but it was worth tha wait afta all.Wish all the fall applicants all the best.Yankee here we come
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 10:59pm On May 12, 2011
Wow!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!! God is good brethren, I no fit shout, after all that long wait since last year. Congratulations to you seedord247 and mohaka. I'm really happy for you lots. I can imagine how frustrating it was but right now it doesn't matter again since it turned out successful. Which state are you guys coming to respectively Anyway this is just the beginning of another journey and I pray God sees y'all through till the end. Wishing all the incoming students success and I really hope to see more of these uplifting stories roll in amongst the Fall applicant. Peace out!!! smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 12:50am On May 13, 2011
Congratulations to Mohaka and seadord. Really happy for you guys.
For the fall applicants, please don't forget to ask about graduate assistantship immediately you are given admission. I almost missed mine simply because I did not ask. Some schools automatically qualifies you for one but some don't except you ask.
It really helps, no matter how small it is.
I wish you all success.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sqlerror: 10:38am On May 13, 2011
Hello house. Thank you for your efforts so far. I am about to book for my appointment online and don't seem to know how to go about it. Can someone put me through. And i hear there is no date available for now. Has anyone been able to book an appointment lately?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2011
there is still date available 4 July in Lag 4 Abj na Aug dey. if u cant get it just add me on yahoo messanger

solo4bean88@yahoo.com.

To all applicants for fall I hope u guys preparing ur interview at d embassy I wish u d best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 4:16pm On May 13, 2011
@ SQL-ERROR, visit: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/  There is an FAQ there.

House, please I applied to 10 schools and 1 school early decision. I got into my early decision school on a full scholarship.

However, My family is of modest means and I am worried that it could pose a problem for me when it comes to visa interview because my parents have neither large bank accounts nor landed property that i could show as source of ties.

What do I do? Am I being overly worried?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2011
webstradamus:

Sorry guys if I am digressing from the original topic but I was wondering if anyone here has used or have an idea about how Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) evaluate Nigerian degrees. I'm looking to do a credential evaluation with them but I hear their evaluation reduces one's GPA unfairly.

Anyone with ECE evaluation experience?

My own issue is that I used WES and to my surprise after paying them $209 for the evaluation and upgrading,I was given DOCUMENT VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION yesterday . So, I want to know from anybody that has used their services before to tell me if this is their normal procedure. The most annoying issue is that they said they send the photocopies to my school and I'm afraid if I will meet up with June 15 deadlines. This is because it will take at least 2 weeks for it to get to my university by regular post and many weeks for them to treat it and many many weeks for them to send it back( if at all they will) sad sad. Naija schools sa! I fear them ooooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 8:56pm On May 13, 2011
Why does one have to go through WES? Do all us schools require u to send your transcripts through WES?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:11pm On May 13, 2011
rapheal2k9:

Why does one have to go through WES? Do all us schools require u to send your transcripts through WES?

Nope rapheal2k9, only some schools and I think the numbers of schools requiring professional evaluators are increasing these days.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 1:25am On May 14, 2011
imperiouxx:

My own issue is that I used WES and to my surprise after paying them $209 for the evaluation and upgrading,I was given DOCUMENT VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION yesterday . So, I want to know from anybody that has used their services before to tell me if this is their normal procedure. The most annoying issue is that they said they send the photocopies to my school and I'm afraid if I will meet up with June 15 deadlines. This is because it will take at least 2 weeks for it to get to my university by regular post and many weeks for them to treat it and many many weeks for them to send it back( if at all they will) sad sad. Naija schools sa! I fear them ooooo.
Click on the link below and read my post.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.4576.html
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Celery(m): 7:01am On May 14, 2011
My British girl friend want me to come over to Britain. She said she will send me an invitation letter. I dont know how to secure a visa and the rest procedure. Please somebody should help me with useful information on how to go about securing a visa with an invitation and the process. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by webstradamus: 7:13am On May 14, 2011
imperiouxx:

You may check with WES to request that they send the verification request to your school via email considering our inefficient postal service else you might have to wait all year. I did a preview evaluation on their website and had a 4.35/5 Nigerian GPA evaluated to 3.63/4. Unfortunately,  I can't go ahead with an offficial evaluation because they say don't evaluate transcripts from my school (I wonder why). My only hope now is ECE but I've read a lot of bad reviews (non-nigeria though) about them and wouldn't want my grades evaluated poorly.

That's why I am looking for anyone's experience with ECE. I need to have an idea of how they evaluate our degrees so I know whether to go ahead with them or not.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sqlerror: 9:51am On May 14, 2011
Thank you guys for the response. it was helpful. solo4deji i have just added you. jasmine
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Celery(m): 11:26am On May 14, 2011
Celery:

My British girl friend want me to come over to Britain. She said she will send me an invitation letter. I dont know how to secure a visa and the rest procedure. Please somebody should help me with useful information on how to go about securing a visa with an invitation and the process. Thanks.
I AM WAITING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE PLEASE. Help help help!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 4:50pm On May 14, 2011
"British girlfriend," did you read the topic of this forum before posting? Come on man go to the right place and make your inquiry. How do you expect to get a response here? What do you expect prospective students going to the US not even Britain upon that - to advise you. Anyway you can also visit the British Home Office website and get all the information you need.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2011
V.O: Pass your document
Ans: Pass it
V.O: Your age?
Ans:
V.O: Where did you want to study?
Ans:
V.O How did you get the school?
Ans:
V.O: How many schools did you apply to?
Ans:
V.O: How many give you admission?
Ans:
V.O: Why did you want to study in that school?
Ans:
V.O: When did you finish your secondary school?
Ans:
V.O: Did you have your result with you?
Ans:
V.O: What have you been doing?
Ans:
V.O: What course did you want to study?
Ans:
V.O: Why did you want to study the course in that school?
Ans:
V.O: Who is your sponsor?
Ans:
What is your sponsor doing?

This is for you to all applicants going for interview at the embassy, just prepare yourself with this question and go

with confident.

I wish you the best.

VISA GRANTED!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:12pm On May 14, 2011
Hello House, I have been reading this thread everyday as I await my I-20 and I am currently on page 139.
I am a MS Fall 2011 Admitted student.
I had earlier posted a question asking anyone who may have used the Post office to pick up his/her I-20 but I didnt get any reply, I felt very sad not getting any help to my question on the below link,
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.6624.html#msg8180356.

Thank God I have finally received my I-20 and I am set for the next stage (Visa Processing as 15th Aug is stated on my I-20 as date I am supposed to be in school), A Tip for anyone using the post office box, it took me just 15 days to get my I-20 but pls, make sure its sent to a P.O.Box, not your home address.

Well, I have gotten some pretty good information from this thread that I hope to utilize but I still have some questions like,
Now that I have my I-20, where do I start from? as per SERVIS and Visa fee payment, Appointment booking and so on,
Should I start with the SERVIS registration online and Payment? what are the necessary sites for these processes and which one do I commence first?
I'd encourage the gurus of the house to give me directions and assistance.

My dummy email is ghummer365@gmail.com,
Once again, I'd appreciate any kind of help as I hear appointment days seem very limited for Abuja Embassy where I'd prefer to have my interview.

Pls gurus, help
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 8:23pm On May 14, 2011
Pls House, which is preferable for SERVIS fee payment? Trusting someone from this house to do it? or Travelling from my state to lagos, Seme Benin border to do the payment?
How long does it take to conclude the payment?
Must I do the payment first before booking an appointment?
Can I get appointment dates for Abuja for June or July?
Dont mind my many questions,I am just happy receiving my I-20, yet confused about what next to do. So, Pls the Gurus in the House, I'd appreciate your help and assistance.
my email ad is ghummer365@gmail.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 14, 2011
myforumid3:

Pls House, which is preferable for SERVIS fee payment? Trusting someone from this house to do it? or Travelling from my state to lagos, Seme Benin border to do the payment?
Can I get appointment dates  for Abuja  for June or July?
Dont mind my many questions,I am just happy receiving my I-20, yet confused about what next to do. So, Pls the Gurus in the House, I'd appreciate your help and assistance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 9:27pm On May 14, 2011
Got this info from the Nigeria US Embassy site,
https://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/guidelines.aspx
I am a prospective student. Do I still need an I-20 for my interview?

Yes. The DS-160 replaces all current visa application forms, but it does not replace the I-20. You will need to receive your I-20 from your school before you complete the DS-160 so that you can provide your correct SEVIS number on your DS-160 application form. Please note that students will not be able to complete the DS-160 without a SEVIS number.

solo4deji:

there is still date available 4 July in Lag 4 Abj na Aug dey. if u cant get it just add me on yahoo messanger

solo4bean88@yahoo.com.

To all applicants for fall I hope u guys preparing your interview at d embassy I wish u d best.

So my question is:
Since I have my I-20 (which has my SERVIS number) with me and I read from people in the house that dates are not available in july for abuja, except few in lag, Can I go ahead to fill the DS-160 form and book for appointment using the SERVIS number on my I-20 or there is something I would need from the paid SERVIS receipt that I need to include in my appointment application and DS-160 form filling?
I'd appreciate any help from the House and all that have passed through this process?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 14, 2011
myforumid3:

Can I get appointment dates for Abuja for June or July?

@ Myforumid3:
After, gettin ur I-20 form, go to www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and fill out ur DS-160 form online. U'd get a confirmation number. Next, pay ur visa application fee (N22,400) at any GT bank. U'd get a receipt and u'd need d receipt number to book a visa appointment interview (also at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng) at either d Abuja or Lagos centre. If there're no available dates within 60 days of d resumption date on ur I-20 form, then send a mail requesting an expedited interview with a scanned copy of ur I-20 form. For payment of d SEVIS fee, I paid for mine using a foreign bank draft obtained from GTB and sent it via courier. This option is quite expensive as d bank charges u an extra $10.5 and if u want d SEVIS receipt sent to u by courier, SEVP charges u an additional $35. On d other hand, u could go to d ECOBANK just after d Seme border and pay using Western union (descriptions have earlier been given on this thread). U don't have to have paid ur SEVIS fee to book an appointment, but u'd need it for d interview. And by d way, I also got my I-20 form by regular mail (PO Box) too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 6:08am On May 15, 2011
myforumid3:

Hello House, I have been reading this thread everyday as I await my I-20 and I am currently on page 139.
I am a MS Fall 2011 Admitted student.
I had earlier posted a question asking anyone who may have used the Post office to pick up his/her I-20 but I didnt get any reply, I felt very sad not getting any help to my question on the below link,
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.6624.html#msg8180356.

Thank God I have finally received my I-20 and I am set for the next stage (Visa Processing as 15th Aug is stated on my I-20 as date I am supposed to be in school), A Tip for anyone using the post office box, it took me just 15 days to get my I-20 but pls, make sure its sent to a P.O.Box, not your home address.

Well, I have gotten some pretty good information from this thread that I hope to utilize but I still have some questions like,
Now that I have my I-20, where do I start from? as per SERVIS and Visa fee payment, Appointment booking and so on,
Should I start with the SERVIS registration online and Payment? what are the necessary sites for these processes and which one do I commence first?
I'd encourage the gurus of the house to give me directions and assistance.

My dummy email is ghummer365@gmail.com,
Once again, I'd appreciate any kind of help as I hear appointment days seem very limited for Abuja Embassy where I'd prefer to have my interview.

Pls gurus, help

sorry about that, you need to realise at some stage the people asking questions are more than the people answering also some questions are repeated over and over again

some people after getting their admissions/visa are bogged down with the hassle of settling in or some just dont look back

PS: someone actually answered you here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240241.6624.html#msg8182586

Another tip is to actually direct the questions to someone specifically target those that appear to know the process or passed your stage of application

Good luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by annita19(f): 7:09am On May 15, 2011
Hmm seems like all u Nigerians wants to study here in the US. .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by reloaded11: 10:26am On May 15, 2011
Good day house, i have a question to ask as i'm preparing for my visa application/interview, Is it compulsory i take a copy of the D-160 filled form to the embassy ? my case is that i have filled and i am unable to print the copy of the form out after filling, Hope that is not a problem?because i could understand that it can not be review or re-print after submission, Please some 1 should answer my question.
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 15, 2011
reloaded11:

Good day house, i have a question to ask as i'm preparing for my visa application/interview, Is it compulsory i take a copy of the  D-160 filled form to the embassy ? my case is that i have filled and i am unable to print the copy of the form out after filling, Hope that is not a problem?because i could understand that it can not be review or re-print after submission, Please some 1 should answer my question.
Thanks
u don't nid to print the form,all u nid to do is to print the barcoded or confirmation page and that must be given to the consular officer during the interview so as to access your filled in informations on their monitor.hope dis answers ur questions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 1:36pm On May 15, 2011
Timotee:

@ Myforumid3:
After, gettin your I-20 form, go to www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and fill out your DS-160 form online. U'd get a confirmation number. Next, pay your visa application fee (N22,400) at any GT bank. U'd get a receipt and u'd need d receipt number to book a visa appointment interview (also at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng) at either d Abuja or Lagos centre. If there're no available dates within 60 days of d resumption date on your I-20 form, then send a mail requesting an expedited interview with a scanned copy of your I-20 form. For payment of d SEVIS fee, I paid for mine using a foreign bank draft obtained from GTB and sent it via courier. This option is quite expensive as d bank charges u an extra $10.5 and if u want d SEVIS receipt sent to u by courier, SEVP charges u an additional $35. On d other hand, u could go to d ECOBANK just after d Seme border and pay using Western union (descriptions have earlier been given on this thread). U don't have to have paid your SEVIS fee to book an appointment, but u'd need it for d interview. And by d way, I also got my I-20 form by regular mail (PO Box) too.

@Timotee and Dis guy,
I am very grateful for the insightful guidance. I shall fill my DS-160 today and may ve my Visa application and SERVIS fee paid tomorrow but
@Timotee and All in th House, I stay very far from lag so I'd definitely prefer the GTB foreign bank draft for my SERVIS fee payment, Can you throw more it like:
Can I make the payment at any GTB bank branch even though I dont ve any account wif them?
What is the total cost (all charges inclusive) if I chose the expedited courier option (in $ and in naira)?
How long did it take you to get your SERVIS receipt after payment at GTB?
Can I make all my payments at GTB once i.e. both SERVIS fee and Visa fee?
Hope GTB collects the naira equivalent for this foreign draft?
I'd appreciate if I get your YIM or email contact or please add me up on: seuncaroline@yahoo.com

Thanks again. I'd really appreciate everyone's contribution.
We shall all get our visa. Who's going next?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 15, 2011
myforumid3:

@Timotee and Dis guy,
I am very grateful for the insightful guidance. I shall fill my DS-160 today and may ve my Visa application and SERVIS fee paid tomorrow but
@Timotee and All in th House, I stay very far from lag so I'd definitely prefer the GTB foreign bank draft for my SERVIS fee payment, Can you throw more it like:
Can I make the payment at any GTB bank branch even though I dont ve any account wif them?
What is the total cost (all charges inclusive) if I chose the expedited courier option (in $ and in naira)?
How long did it take you to get your SERVIS receipt after payment at GTB?
Can I make all my payments at GTB once i.e. both SERVIS fee and Visa fee?
Hope GTB collects the naira equivalent for this foreign draft?
I'd appreciate if I get your YIM or email contact or please add me up on: seuncaroline@yahoo.com

Thanks again. I'd really appreciate everyone's contribution.
We shall all get our visa. Who's going next?

u can only obtain a foreign bank draft from gtb if u or any of ur relatives operate a domiciliary account with them and u can only get ur draft processed at gtb lagos processing centre ademola adetokunbo victoria island,lagos, hope dis help.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 9:01pm On May 15, 2011
shavel:

u can only obtain a foreign bank draft from gtb if u or any of your relatives operate a domiciliary account with them and u can only get your draft processed at gtb lagos processing centre ademola adetokunbo victoria island,lagos, hope dis help.

Thanks shavel,
Is it true that Ecobank HQ at V/I processes SERVIS fee payment?
Apart from GTB, Is there any other Nigerian bank doing it? as I
I dont ve a dorm ac wif GTB and I dont think I have a friend who has or Would anyone help out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.