Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546863 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 12:42am On May 28, 2011
@shavel
@anfonio
@nnamdistan

Thank you all. I want to thank that person that answered my question on here.
I do not get offended so easily because i am Nigerian and did not have a different mentality until i left.
Thank you so much and may you all find success in your pursuit for greener pastures.
Let me make something clear to you very ignorant youngsters. NECO has been a controversial issue with the USA embassy and will continue to be. I have seen, met with and read from intending students who had personal encounters with Visa officials on issues about NECO. Some had been hassle free, some had been denied cos of NECO and some had been told to go and get WAEC certs and come back.
I am directed my questions to students with encounters and not just everyone.Would have been so happy if it was someone who has an F-1 visa already or here in the states on an F-1 visa that is replying me.You are very ignorant chaps.I pray you get there.
The only reason i know you guys dont even have a visa yet is cos anyone here will not conclude and say curse or nasty words like that.
I just think that someday, Nigerians will start learning from other peoples mistakes rather than always want to hear the success of other and think success come just like that. I made it to the USA consulate ABJ and out cos i read of the failure stories on here more than the success stories and i picked on the weakness of other and made it strength.
I hope we all find fulfilment in our pursuit of happiness.

GOODLUCK FELLAS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 1:14am On May 28, 2011
@All

It's been a while i commented on here.Sorry for that.I've been preparing for my trip coming up and also not easy relocating and leaving behind your familes and Loved once.

Did i mention about Pastor Adeboye and his wife,the G.O of Redeemed Christian Church of God being denied the day i went for my interview in Abuja.Well he walked in majestically with his lovely wife into the consular hall with almost everyone wanting to have a ''God Bless You'' from him.

He went to the baba at cubicle 9,The same baba that interviewed me that day.I was careful to listen to his interview.Was curious to know the outcome that day.The baba wanted to give him but he said Pastor Adeboye has some visa not yet canceled on his other passport (Maybe the old one) and he should cancel that first before he can be given a new one.Pastro Adeboye wanted to go to Maryland but was denied and the baba at cubicle 9 said to him in this words ''I know who you are,I know you are a man of God but it is the policy and no one is above it'' and Pastor Adeboye replied i will be back then.

I was like common USA.This man is not running anywhere.Have you guys seen his camp ground along Lagos-Ibadan express road.Common give him.

After he left then 6 people before my turn and it was same baba cubicle 9 thet gave me without a hitch.Still like a movie to me.It's like one of those seasons film to me.i still seat and imagine how God favoured me.

Update on flight price.I bought flight one way to JFK New York with Emirates Airline with one stop over in Dubai for 151 000 Naira. Then i will purchase across the counter flight at JFK to my final destination.Louisiana.It's cheaper when you book earlier.

Can't wait to touch-down in JFK New York

Still preparing !!!

All going for their interview,God will give you devine favour and you shall also come here to testify of his good work.It's no mans doing.Not by how smart you are,Not how confident you are,Not by how guaranteed by an agent, Not by how rich or poor your parents of you are.Because i had all the first time i went but not fully commited in God's hand.But now all on God.He will give you the visa just be prepared then pray for favour of God for the Visa Officer to be in Good mood and his spirit to accept you instantly.

Thanks and hope to update soon.

Yankee boy here
Fris.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:16am On May 28, 2011
Tonytone:

@shavel
@anfonio
@nnamdistan

I do not get offended so easily because i am Nigerian and did not have a different mentality until i left.
Thank you so much and may you all find success in your pursuit for greener pastures.
Let me make something clear to you very ignorant youngsters. NECO  has been a controversial issue with the USA embassy and will continue to be. I have seen, met with and read from intending students who had personal encounters with Visa officials on issues about NECO. Some had been hassle free, some had been denied cos of NECO and some had been told to go and get WAEC certs and come back.
I am directed my questions to students with encounters and not just everyone.Would have been so happy if it was someone who has an F-1 visa already or here in the states on an F-1 visa that is replying me.You are very ignorant chaps.I pray you get there.
The only reason i know you guys dont even have a visa yet is cos anyone here will not conclude and say curse or nasty words like that.
I just think that someday, Nigerians will start learning from other peoples mistakes rather than always want to hear the success of other and think success come just like that. I made it to the USA consulate ABJ and out cos i read of the failure stories on here more than the success stories and i picked on the weakness of other and made it strength.

GOODLUCK FELLAS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:29am On May 28, 2011
Tonytone:

@shavel
@anfonio
@nnamdistan

Let me make something clear to you very ignorant youngsters. NECO  has been a controversial issue with the USA embassy and will continue to be. I have seen, met with and read from intending students who had personal encounters with Visa officials on issues about NECO. Some had been hassle free, some had been denied cos of NECO and some had been told to go and get WAEC certs and come back.

GOODLUCK FELLAS.
hey am sorry for all kind of answers being posted to ur questions,itz like u didn't check the posters of the replies to ur questions properly b4 coming here to say ur mind, there is one thing bout me, i don't give answers am not very sure bout,to my knowledge neco is also a ssce but i don't knw why it's being rejected by the us consulates, so don't take me for what am not.peace out!!:-D
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 12:11pm On May 28, 2011
ok tonytone. my grouse against you is your asking people to email you for answers to questions instead of telling them to post here and you will reply. whereas, you, when you needed an answer to your neco question, did not email anyone, but came here to post!

if the person emails you, everyone loses and its not fair period. you mentioned learning a lot from a former thread of this nature, but incidentally, it appears that you never contributed or came back to tell your own story, im judging from your post count. so if now, you are in the mood to contribute, you should do it for everyone. get a tid bit, type it out for everyone like i did. if you wanna answer a question, tell the question askers to post her and you will reply. thats it.

about your neco question, the fact is that, if you have taken SSCE in Naija, you will know that WASSCE comes before NECO's SSCE. Most people take WASSCE seriously and joke with NECO's SSCE. Thats just the way it is. The people at the consular are aware that even Nigerians generally dont take NECO's SSCE seriously. Besides WASSCE is a West African thing, more recognizable and known. In any case, of all the people I know who succeeded and are currently in LACs in the US, they did both and presented both at their interviews along with their scratch card. So if someone has only NECO, well, if the Consular raises a flag, its not really his fault. However, im not implying that if you go with only WASSCE you are in trouble o. A lot of people dont go with NECO's SSCE because they did not take it seriously and their results were therefore poor.

Peace y'all. What up seedord - still waiting.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2011
@Nnamdistan

I'm always online let me know what time you'll be available.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by satos123(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2011
hello guys, pls i need you guys concerning this visa issue. how can i get U.S visa and the document that will be needed pls.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 5:40pm On May 28, 2011
@shavel.
Its ok.
Ma bad.
Please if someone has a question that is bugging to him or her about the frequently asked questions, such should post it directed to me.Will answer on this post.Even though i feel i like it one on one cos many students do not appreciate things.

@fris, i remember you where on this website during the time i was almost going ( June/July 2010) I am so happy for you. I am really happy and you have given a very good view about the visa that everyone on this website should believe.It is the fact. Everyone applying for a visa on here should not get intimidated by other people's interview outcomes. There are so many interviews that will make you so scared.Just depend on God. Lean not on your own understanding. Depend on God and seek His face. However, knowing well about technical ways to answer technical questions make you more comfortable.
Welcome to the USA fris. I am in Bowling green, OHIO.

Goodluck Fellas
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tonytone: 5:51pm On May 28, 2011
@nnamdistan
Aight.
I gat yah. Just be good.And like i tried to tell shavel now, sometimes Nigerians whom i happen to be one of never really appreciate efforts. Do you know how sad it is when you try to do things and its not working? That is why i was a kinda of personal.Really did not mean getting emails like that.
All i wanted to do was to chanel my attention to a few i can.I thank God for what i am now.Nothing freaks me anymore. Now, After i got my visa last August, I applied for ma younger brother and he went with His NECO result.He had no problem with the visa officer and with the things i told him, He got His too.I am in OHIO now and he is in CHICAGO.
For summer classes, my school accept international students and i have 2 friends i got admissions for. Both of them went with NECO.One was asked to go and get WAEC and bring it back .The other was denied cos they asked him about the schools he choose.
Now one was denied cos of NECO, the other was not bother about it.I have a very dear person that is going for the same visa type and she has NECO and this is why i am a kinda confused.
I just wanted to hear from people with experience and so know what technicality to use.
So trust me. I am just wanting to be the smart young man i am and not believe to know it all even after i am here.
You never KNOW IT ALL !
Be good guys and goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nnamdistan: 6:30pm On May 28, 2011
cool tonytone. @ seedord, im online now and i will be online throughout this evening. tnx.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 6:35pm On May 28, 2011
@Tonytone

Your Initial post regarding your email sound like scam but now that yu have come out clearly that you are not one of those that come here for scam. . . . . they are are really sorry for the negative words they put against you.

@fris

I will like to know which date you will be leaving for the state cus i will leaving by middle july and i'm thinking of flying via Emirate also and when i get to JFK i will schedule another flight going to Salt lake City Utah.

@Fall Applicant

Make Una come out and share experince together bcus if you pple don't work as a team you can never achieve anything.  Look at the last year fall applicant they all work together as a family. I can remember Djunit walking down to fellow NL member house to share experince together all in the Name of Visa interview not to talk of bomly, Ojap and chigazom that was denied visa at thier Initial attempt but with the help of fellow NL they got thier VISA the following week.

likewise the spring the applicant also we all work together by sharing emails, phone # and pray for each other. The key we all use here P&P (pratice and pray), do not feel timid of asking any question related to yur visa interview or yur school. And if you are denied for the first time don't feel obsolete . . . . . You ccan do better next time

Papa God wey make  me, Mohaka, fris smile go make Una Laugh ooo. . . . . .

Goodluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by myforumid3: 9:32pm On May 28, 2011
seedord247:

@Tonytone

Your Initial post regarding your email sound like scam but now that yu have come out clearly that you are not one of those that come here for scam. . . . . they are are really sorry for the negative words they put against you.

@fris

I will like to know which date you will be leaving for the state cus i will leaving by middle july and i'm thinking of flying via Emirate also and when i get to JFK i will schedule another flight going to Salt lake City Utah.

@Fall Applicant

Make Una come out and share experince together bcus if you pple don't work as a team you can never achieve anything.  Look at the last year fall applicant they all work together as a family. I can remember Djunit walking down to fellow NL member house to share experince together all in the Name of Visa interview not to talk of bomly, Ojap and chigazom that was denied visa at thier Initial attempt but with the help of fellow NL they got thier VISA the following week.

likewise the spring the applicant also we all work together by sharing emails, phone # and pray for each other. The key we all use here P&P (pratice and pray), do not feel timid of asking any question related to yur visa interview or yur school. And if you are denied for the first time don't feel obsolete . . . . . You ccan do better next time

Papa God wey make  me, Mohaka, fris smile go make Una Laugh ooo. . . . . .

Goodluck

nice post. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 11:00pm On May 28, 2011
fris:

@All

It's been a while i commented on here.Sorry for that.I've been preparing for my trip coming up and also not easy relocating and leaving behind your familes and Loved once.

Did i mention about Pastor Adeboye and his wife,the G.O of Redeemed Christian Church of God being denied the day i went for my interview in Abuja.Well he walked in majestically with his lovely wife into the consular hall with almost everyone wanting to have a ''God Bless You'' from him.

He went to the baba at cubicle 9,The same baba that interviewed me that day.I was careful to listen to his interview.Was curious to know the outcome that day.The baba wanted to give him but he said Pastor Adeboye has some visa not yet canceled on his other passport (Maybe the old one) and he should cancel that first before he can be given a new one.Pastro Adeboye wanted to go to Maryland but was denied and the baba at cubicle 9 said to him in this words ''I know who you are,I know you are a man of God but it is the policy and no one is above it'' and Pastor Adeboye replied i will be back then.

I was like common USA.This man is not running anywhere.Have you guys seen his camp ground along Lagos-Ibadan express road.Common give him.

After he left then 6 people before my turn and it was same baba cubicle 9 thet gave me without a hitch.Still like a movie to me.It's like one of those seasons film to me.i still seat and imagine how God favoured me.

Update on flight price.I bought flight one way to JFK New York with Emirates Airline with one stop over in Dubai for 151 000 Naira. Then i will purchase across the counter flight at JFK to my final destination.Louisiana.It's cheaper when you book earlier.

Can't wait to touch-down in JFK New York

Still preparing !!!

All going for their interview,God will give you devine favour and you shall also come here to testify of his good work.It's no mans doing.Not by how smart you are,Not how confident you are,Not by how guaranteed by an agent, Not by how rich or poor your parents of you are.Because i had all the first time i went but not fully commited in God's hand.But now all on God.He will give you the visa just be prepared then pray for favour of God for the Visa Officer to be in Good mood and his spirit to accept you instantly.

Thanks and hope to update soon.

Yankee boy here
Fris.

To avoid being stranded in JFK it's better u buy the ticket in advance before u leave 9ja. Getting a ticket at the counter is difficult and expensive nowadays esp in JFK. Use a Master or Debit Card and buy it so u won't have any regrets at JFK.

By the way i thought Pastor Adeboye has a Diplomatic Passport?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by iamwhoiam(f): 11:30pm On May 28, 2011
nnamdistan:

cool tonytone. @ seedord, im online now and i will be online throughout this evening. tnx.

@seedord, u've said it all, I'm wishing us the very best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by satos123(m): 11:58pm On May 28, 2011
fellow nairaland pls help me for U.S or CANADA visa infomation
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 1:07am On May 29, 2011
@oyewolejos

How can i book a local flight from jfk to louisiana from Nigeria ? GTB mastercard ? ,Also i want to be on a safe side not to book it from here as to avoid delays by airlines or any unforseen cancelations and delay and i miss the flight on getting to JFK on time that's why.Besides i checked with american airline they are cheap from JFK.

Also i didn't confirm but i don't think it's diplomatic passport Pastor Adeboye has because he did came there for visa interview.

@seedord247
Already bought for a date 18th but will change it to 21st with a fee with emirates.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 1:12am On May 29, 2011
@Tonytone

Thanks Ohio man.

Will join you soon.

Yankee boy here
Fris
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:17am On May 29, 2011
It seems I have been fu cked up already by wes with my fall application which the deadline is July 1st. Should I just defer my application to spring semester now since I have sent all my materials to the school except this wes evaluation or am I still standing a chance of getting date for August if at all the admission work out by June?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fris(m): 1:21am On May 29, 2011
A tip for those going for their interview soon.Try as much to be there early .

If it's in Abuja.You will have to run to the Que up fast because no other of arrangement at to the time you got there, it is fast runner first.On my first time i was slow cause i didn't know this despite the fact i got there 6am and i was close to the last.But on my second time even i dressed formal in shoes i was the first and i ran like a kangaroo and i was determined to be first in all things and it's also a tip but as i was the first they allow Pastor Adeboye and his wife go in and some other people with some stuffs with verbal confirmation go in first but i was first one Que.It also help cause the hall won't be filled then and the VO's would just be fresh for you and i think they got quota visa's they issue daily.Just only saying.Might be helpful to you.

If's its in Lagos you Que up as you get there.The earlier the better.

Most importantly Commit it in God's hand's whatever your religion.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:49am On May 29, 2011
Hallelujah! I just checked into my wes account now and I got this new status. How come I was told on friday that they haven't get for wes when I called my school and now the evaluation has began? or wes treat my case when I nearly kill them with mails? I tired for this wes-naija issue oooo. Thank God the evaluation don start sha which is the most important but do I stand a better chance of getting date for August if at all the admission works out by June?

Reference   Order Type                                                                 Order Date  Status                                            Amount Paid  Balance Due
No.   
*******   Evaluation - Course by Course (Initial Application)     April 20, 2011     Documents received - review in progress      $209.00            $0.00
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 2:00am On May 29, 2011
imperiouxx:

Hallelujah! I just checked into my wes account now and I got this new status. How come I was told they haven't get for wes when I called my school and now the evaluation has began? or wes treat my case when I nearly kill them with mails? I tired for the wes-naija issue oooo. Thanks God the evaluation don start sha which is the most important but do I standing a chance of getting date for August if at all the admission work out by June?

Reference   Order Type                                                                 Order Date  Status                                            Amount Paid  Balance Due
No.   
*******   Evaluation - Course by Course (Initial Application)     April 20, 2011 Documents received - review in progress    $209.00 $0.00
@ imperiouxx, good news man. y not? u re gud to go. am online nxt2tx@yahoo.com, +me

dis page is informative. i luv dis, Thnx 2d guys dat squeeze tonytone. Tnx 2 tonytone,Tnx 2 fris 4 showin up
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:28am On May 29, 2011
next2_TX:

@ imperiouxx, good news man. y not? u re gud to go. am online next2tx@yahoo.com, +me

dis page is informative. i luv dis, Thnx 2d guys dat squeeze tonytone. Tnx 2 tonytone,Tnx 2 fris 4 showin up

I have added you. only waiting for you confirmation.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:19am On May 29, 2011
fris:

@oyewolejos

How can i book a local flight from jfk to louisiana from Nigeria ? GTB mastercard ? ,Also i want to be on a safe side not to book it from here as to avoid delays by airlines or any unforseen cancelations and delay and i miss the flight on getting to JFK on time that's why.Besides i checked with american airline they are cheap from JFK.

Also i didn't confirm but i don't think it's diplomatic passport Pastor Adeboye has because he did came there for visa interview.

@seedord247

Already bought for a date 18th but will change it to 21st with a fee with emirates.

I don't know about Emirates but i know Qatar Airways always arrive on time at JFK. When my Bro came in Dec i bought the Ticket 3 weeks in advance with my Debit Card. I gave at least 3 hours interval between the flights so if there's any delay he can still meet up.
Give time between your flights and book in advance else u might have to pay up to $1000 for just a one way ticket to your final destination at the counter or worse still seats might not be available.
But if u don't mind u can take the Greyhound or Bus to your destination which is a good holiday adventure in this summer grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olarasheed: 8:18am On May 29, 2011
Hey guys,I have an interview booked for 10:00 am in Lagos.What time do you think its best to get there?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2011
Hell☺ peeps,I need Gmat books and materials.Pls if You have or know Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω I can get,drop †ђε information here.
Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rowlandoo: 3:47pm On May 29, 2011
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiri

hELLO PLEASE IF I LOST MY WARC CERTIFICATE HOW CAN I GET IT BACK , PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND THY STOLE MY CAR WHICH I HAD TH CERTIFICATE INSIDE AND I HAVE BEEN SEEN ON HERE THAT NECO IS NO GOOD TO BE PRESENTED TO VO, PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO , HOW CAN I GET THE CERT WAEC IS IT POSSIBLE , ANY CONTACT I WILL DO IT RIGHT AWAY , I WAIT IN THE HOUSE PLS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2011
rowlandoo:

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiri

hELLO PLEASE IF I LOST MY WARC CERTIFICATE HOW CAN I GET IT BACK , PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND THY STOLE MY CAR WHICH I HAD TH CERTIFICATE INSIDE AND I HAVE BEEN SEEN ON HERE THAT NECO IS NO GOOD TO BE PRESENTED TO VO, PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO , HOW CAN I GET THE CERT WAEC IS IT POSSIBLE , ANY CONTACT I WILL DO IT RIGHT AWAY , I WAIT IN THE HOUSE PLS

Guy I knew the kind of plight you are now. Please calm down and get a waec scratch card to print it out on the waec website. If the VO ask for your waec result kindly show him the print out and attach the scratch card with it for prove.

N.B

I won't advice you to go and do fake bcus they have the Original with them and if yu eventually do that you'll regret it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2011
olarasheed:

Hey guys,I have an interview booked for 10:00 am in Lagos.What time do you think its best to get there?

Early mormor as usual. Quoting from someone on the thread, you can be interviewed anytime so far you are having it that day. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by festus009: 8:55am On May 30, 2011
anyone needs early appointment for usa student visa? mail me on festusakapson@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olarasheed: 7:29am On May 31, 2011
Hey, where is everybody? It seems everyone is now talking on YM & neglected here. Guys don't let this thread die,we need your contributions and experience to guide us.
Keep this thread alive!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2011
pls house am lost,on the ds 160 fprm i dont knw wat i should write on the page where they askd (PREVIOUSE WORK EDUCATION AND TRAINING)and pls the ds 158 and ds 156<do tthose two forms apply to me(do i need to fill them)?.fast answers pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:22pm On May 31, 2011
WARYZ:

pls house am lost,on the ds 160 fprm i dont knw wat i should write on the page where they askd (PREVIOUSE WORK EDUCATION AND TRAINING)and pls the ds 158 and ds 156<do tthose two forms apply to me(do i need to fill them)?.fast answers pls

Just leave it if you have not attend any High School or Uni but i know you must have. tongue tongue

and for the work. . . . . are you currently working or have you work in any firm previously.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.