Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,291 members, 7,839,437 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phuckNL: 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2010
2gd:

@femifluks.

we have much more in common than u can imagine,
Nairaland doesnt have facilities for private messages.I wanted to tell u some stuff.

I also have an error o.From my findings i have to travel to abuja, How annoying is that?

During my ssce i as told my midle name was too long. so i had to chose a shorter name. i used my oriki.

so now, my birth cert and prim school cert have my original name and middle name.
my ssce and all certs after, have my name and my oriki,

so therefore when making my passport, i decided to put all d names dia.so no one will say i am bringin a fake birth cert, or my ssce cert doesnt belong to me,
Recently i discovered the mistake in my middle name on my passport,
am so annoyed, and Hopks time is comin soon, u get my drift?

with what ppl are saying now about if u have a difft names it means u are a difft person.does that mean one cannot travel again?in my life? cos there is no way i can get anoda birth certificate, or another prim school cert? d whole thin don tire me sef.

You all need to stop bugging yourselves with the name issue. Here is the simple solution :

If you name was mispelled or omitted on one or more documents, all you have to do is list your other names in the area where it says "other" names on the US application. If it was misspelled on your passport or certificate, add the real spelling as your "other" name. Case solved.
Nigerians have a billion names. There is nothing wrong with someone having Akeem and Hakeem as names. I would just include any missing or mispelt name in the slot where it asks for all other names. Problem solved.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:02am On Apr 24, 2010
phuck_NL:

You all need to stop bugging yourselves with the name issue. Here is the simple solution :

If you name was mispelled or omitted on one or more documents, all you have to do is list your other names in the area where it says "other" names on the US application. If it was misspelled on your passport or certificate, add the real spelling as your "other" name. Case solved.
Nigerians have a billion names. There is nothing wrong with someone having Akeem and Hakeem as names. I would just include any missing or mispelt name in the slot where it asks for all other names. Problem solved.
princeton boy where hv u been all this while?

khunleah:

On d ds 160 form I fill online,I didn't upload my passport and I av submitted it, Hope dat will nt affect my interview? Also it trust dat the school has send the account statement which I apply wiv to d embassy?kindly reply to dis
y do u like worrying urself kunle? i told u the schools dont send any statement to the embassy for anything, wat else do u wanna hear?LIES abi, Death doesnot kill,the fear of the unknown is d master killer angry angry

freeman07:

@femilangy, nethacker, and other gurus
@all that have successfully scaled the american consulate

Can a fixed deposit account be used to apply for a visa i.e be taken to the visa interview? Is it accepted at the consulate? as proof of funds?
I need an urgent reply, thanks, all
an operational current account is your best bet my guy grin grin

vandops:

aroy,  ok, got a diploma in computer engineering(2003). anoda in desktop publishing(2004), HND in software engineering form Aptech (2005 - 2006)

work experience

Network support admin in a cyber cafe (2004)

Webmaster, Telnet Nigeria Limited - www.telnetng.com(2007 - 2008)

Webmaster and IT manager, Clearedge Nigeria Limited - www.clearedgemedia.com, www.nigerigovts.com(2008 till present)

As for the second question

well if asked, would tell the counselor that the sole aim for my going to the US is to study for my BSc and not to work there, moreover i hav many obligation towards my family, bin the 1st born must return to take care of them and there are untapped market potential in Nigeria (though dis will be said in summary so as to kip it short and simple)

So what do you think?
be very confident and smart.Its not about your documents,Its abt YOU, so be very composed and give CONVINCING answers to questions that would be asked(even if they r untrue),  Make sure u include dat u r coming back for NYSC .
Above all, God might favour YOU
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2010
Amen o,

Thanx for the advice
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2010
Hi guys. Am new here. But I've read everythin on this thread.

I'd be goin for my interview on wednesday. I'll brief the house abt the outcome. Peace!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
@kenzema. jst believe in God u will get it, we r waiting to hear the good news.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2010
Oh i have these documents,
1. My i 20
2. SEVIS receipt
3. Letter of sponsor
4. Form i-134 affidavit of support(my sponsor is a US citizen)
5. Admission letter
6. Bank details.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
And also tax clearance for four years.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:10am On Apr 27, 2010
kenzema, just calm ur nerves and put ur trust in God, He'll surely grant u mercy./hope to get d latest update

mine is next week wednesday,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2010
vandops:

kenzema, just calm your nerves and put your trust in God, He'll surely grant u mercy./hope to get d latest update

mine is next week wednesday,
i hope u pple coming here r ready to read? book here no be yam oooo grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2010
nethacker:

i hope u pple coming here r ready to read? book here no be yam oooo grin grin

b4 nko, na person wey decide to read for naija na im wan play,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:48am On Apr 27, 2010
@vandops, am comin back to give the house the goodnews.

I believe in God and HE has never failed me.

I wish u luck in urs too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2010
Kenzema:

Hi guys. Am new here. But I've read everythin on this thread.

I'd be goin for my interview on wednesday. I'll brief the house abt the outcome. Peace!

I know that i know that I know, you must get that visa. Remember, you didn't come this far to be rejected, so go with all the boldness in you and let them see every reason why you should be on the next flight to Obamaland.

@ vandops, Brother hope you're warming up. I dey on your matter oh. Still awaiting I-20 and the other admission decisions.

@ nethacker, Dem dey teach lizard how to nod head? Maybe the admission process for undergrad is not so strenous but I tell you, if you got to write the GRE, TOEFL, SOP and send in tons of applications as is the case with grad school especially for research degrees, you need no man to tell you that you gotta be serious when you get there finally. Thanks for the advice. I hope everyone heeds to it. It's amazing how desperate folks get when it comes to travelling out of naija (even to sudan, some don't mind). I wish you all the best in your studies.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
@Superbrain, thank u very much. I'll tell the house I've got the VISA by this time tomorow by God's grace.

The LORD has done it and HE will continue to do it for as many that seek for the visa.

See ya'all tomorow,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:52am On Apr 28, 2010
Superbrain:

@ vandops, Brother hope you're warming up. I dey on your matter oh. Still awaiting I-20 and the other admission decisions.

No yawa, super-confident am getting it and we all wuld pop champagne,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2010
Good luck to US all, we wud share our success story this week, Amen!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ElOcho: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2010
@ kenzema, we are all waiting for your success story.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2010
kenzema, where art thou?

steve49ja:

Good luck to US all, we wud share our success story this week, Amen!
steve, when is urs?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2010
vandops:

steve, when is urs?

May 3rd, U?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:57am On Apr 29, 2010
wish y'all success and remember, be very confident and knw more abt ur course of study .moreso always insist on coming back for NYSC n how ur course of study is one of Nigeria's challenge,
the ball is in ur court, Don't Mess up!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 5:48am On Apr 29, 2010
steve49ja:

May 3rd, U?
May 5th
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 8:10am On Apr 29, 2010
@nethacker,fanks 4 d advice.@steve49ja nd vandops mine is on d 11th.wat abt d person d@ went 4 d interview yesterday.let's keep praying I believe God is @work.as nethacker advices let's b CONFIDENT.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2010
khunleah:

@nethacker,fanks 4 d advice.@steve49ja nd vandops mine is on d 11th.wat abt d person d@ went 4 d interview yesterday.let's keep praying I believe God is @work.as nethacker advices let's b CONFIDENT.
check sevis website on friday evening 4 ur sevis receipt
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2010
Nethacker,fanks a bunch.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:56am On Apr 30, 2010
Kenzema:

@Superbrain, thank u very much. I'll tell the house I've got the VISA by this time tomorow by God's grace.

The LORD has done it and HE will continue to do it for as many that seek for the visa.

See ya'all tomorow,

kenzema, where art thou?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2010
I so much appreciate dis thread.I am an aviation instructor and i am going for my PPL(private pilot license) in arkansas.I will like u to advice me on how 2get my M-1 visa,i appreciate y'll.Sky is the limit
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by SKYPO: 3:55pm On May 03, 2010
[b]i must say very big thanks to the house for the good work well done.
i have my OND and intending to further more in usa. but i have two questions to ask the house especially people with experience ,

1. what is the chances of getting a visa when you apply for a community college?. does it mean one could be denied a visa if its community college.

2. what is the chance of getting a visa if your sponsor is a citizen of usa. (who happens to be cousin).
the school in question is same sch my cousin attended then.

una responses will be highly appreciated. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 5:36am On May 04, 2010
About to make history, da much awaited day is here. Would lechu guys know how it went, Who has da final say? God! He says we've been predestinated before now so may His will be done.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:34am On May 04, 2010
steve49ja:

About to make history, da much awaited day is here. Would lechu guys know how it went, Who has da final say? God! He says we've been predestinated before now so may His will be done.

Yes o, u go and make us proud, today is ur day, tomorrow is mine, we shall all smile at the end of it all,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 8:00am On May 04, 2010
Can sum1 pls answer my questions?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 9:18am On May 04, 2010
vandops:

Yes o, u go and make us proud, today is your day, tomorrow is mine, we shall all smile at the end of it all,

I got it. Details coming up shortly, there's God
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:41am On May 04, 2010
steve49ja:

I got it. Details coming up shortly, there's God
once u hv dat confidence as a student to talk,trust me u hv killed d consular. u r d 7th now, Khunleah where r u? its ur turn nxt week grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:14am On May 04, 2010
Cappadona123:

Can sum1 pls answer my questions?
i dnt think u hv any problem if ur case is wat u presented. to begin with, wat r d docs u hv?

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.