Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,857 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:28 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547799 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:07pm On May 06, 2010
phuck_NL:

If you ever want to step into yankee, please don't go back at the end of the month. Your school is resuming August 31st abi? Book your appointment for August. There is no way your info/status could have changed in one month. Them go just deny you again. They will assume you are desperate. They will only chop your free money. I bet the person that interviewed you was a trainee. Probably why he/she was confirming details from a supervising officer.
Go back in August and make sure you go with exactly what you had this time around cos they have all your info.
oga wat is ur problem?whr hv u been since? send me ur contact via YIM or send me an email with ur school ID
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2010
aroy1:

@vandops

You should have initially used your Nigerian sponsor.I did tell you to do that before.

dint have any now,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:16pm On May 06, 2010
vandops:

dint have any now,
once beaten, twice shy.so its ur choice
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 06, 2010
nethacker:

oga wat is your problem?whr hv u been since? send me your contact via YIM or send me an email with your school ID
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , hacker baba i dey feel u!!!

@ phuck that reminds me,i will be in NJ in a week infact amma be in priceton,a cusin of mine just got a job @ ETS and its in princeton area,i will be helping him move from MN to NJ,send me ur info man i might just holla @ u.PIM me abeg no expose ur contacts here on NL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EmekaSamuel: 6:39pm On May 06, 2010
Pls   help   !   i  just    got   my  1-20   for  undergraduate   studies ,the school  did   waive   SAT   or   TOefl cos they   believe    nigeria   is   an   english  speaking   country   (just   requested   for   only   WAEC  result).but  am   still   afraid if   the   consular    ask   for   a   SAT/TOEFl result , is   it   convincing  to  tell  the  consular   that  'it   was   waived  by my  school       so i   didnt   bothered   writing'     , is  that  okay  Guys   ?  NETHACKER  &   CO.    ur  advice is   needed   pls  , note  i'm only just  with  WAEC , no  OND,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:59pm On May 06, 2010
Emeka Samuel:

Pls   help   !   i  just    got   my  1-20   for  undergraduate   studies ,the school  did   waive   SAT   or   TOefl cos they   believe    nigeria   is   an   english  speaking   country   (just   requested   for   only   WAEC  result).but  am   still   afraid if   the   consular    ask   for   a   SAT/TOEFl result , is   it   convincing  to  tell  the  consular   that  'it   was   waived  by my  school       so i   didnt   bothered   writing'     , is  that  okay  Guys   ?  NETHACKER  &   CO.    your  advice is   needed   pls  , note  i'm only just  with  WAEC , no  OND,
they will be sensible enof to understand that the toefl was waived simply because u r a nigerian who's been speaking english since u were born.unless u prove otherwise,dnt be scared ok?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 7:01pm On May 06, 2010
Sorry house. I got the visa o at last. They were verifyingn some things jawe.
O boy,na tug of war i entered with the consular o.
But i thank God,after i was placed on hold,i was called yesterday that my visa is ready. Make una help me thank God oooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EmekaSamuel: 7:12pm On May 06, 2010
@nethacker,Thanks a lot , u've always been there 4 NL.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by EmekaSamuel: 7:16pm On May 06, 2010
@Kenzema, Congrats!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:29pm On May 06, 2010
Kenzema:

Sorry house. I got the visa o at last. They were verifyingn some things jawe.
O boy,na tug of war i entered with the consular o.
But i thank God,after i was placed on hold,i was called yesterday that my visa is ready. Make una help me thank God oooo.
visa # 2 ===>>> still counting, who's next?
khunleah i hope everything is ready now against tuesday cos steve is telling me u still hv some outstanding? angry angry

Emeka Samuel:

@nethacker,Thanks a lot , u've always been there 4 NL.
thx too, in all lets thank baba God
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 8:47pm On May 06, 2010
Halleluyah!!!Pls tell us how it went o.Am hapy for u o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 10:51pm On May 06, 2010
i would be going to the embassy soon, i have the ffg docs with moi,

I 2O (JHU)
CERTIFICATE UNDERGRADUATE
FINANCIAL STATEMENT
MRV RECEIPT
160 CONFIRMATION LETTER
SEVISS CONFIRMATION PAGE
ADMISSION LETTER
GRE SCORES
i dont have tax clearance o, the first yr it was removed automatically when i was workin as an intern, and as im serving we dnt pay tax.
otherwise im good to go,

im currently serving doh , i would have finished before i leave at thye end of june, would this affect my status, as i listed the hospital im currently working at. as my current workplace.im thinkin of gettin a letter saying that i would be thru by the end of june , which is the truth, and would have my discharge by then, (all this is if they ask me thou)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:12am On May 07, 2010
femiflukis:

i would be going to the embassy soon, i have the ffg docs with moi,

I 2O (JHU)
CERTIFICATE UNDERGRADUATE
FINANCIAL STATEMENT
MRV RECEIPT
160 CONFIRMATION LETTER
SEVISS CONFIRMATION PAGE
ADMISSION LETTER
GRE SCORES
i dont have tax clearance o, the first yr it was removed automatically when i was workin as an intern, and as im serving we dnt pay tax.
otherwise im good to go,

im currently serving doh , i would have finished before i leave at thye end of june, would this affect my status, as i listed the hospital im currently working at. as my current workplace.im thinkin of gettin a letter saying that i would be thru by the end of june , which is the truth, and would have my discharge by then, (all this is if they ask me thou)

bros u dnt need any tax clearance. like i hv been telling others , jst be confident enof to defend d financial statements.simple
femilangy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin , hacker baba i dey feel u!!!

u don finish exams ni?me don finish oo. na all these blackberries n apples dey scatter my head for my campus with bikinis oo, u knw as e dey be now grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 2:42am On May 07, 2010
I have some questions about TOEFL and GMAT here, and my questions are as follows.

Question (1) Does the Consular really care about your TOEFL and GMAT scores? Does your high score widen your chance of getting the visa? Does your low score narrow your chance even if you have great documents with high confidence in yourself?

This is another case, which has its own question. My school waived the GMAT for me. In my admission letter, it was stated that I was admitted based on my past achievements and my strong GPA. I also had the TOEFL waiver based on the same ground. However, some friends are advising me that regardless of the waivers from my school, I should take at least one among the standardized test (TOEFL or GMAT) for the sake of visa interview.

My questions as regards that is this;

Question (2) As a graduate student, which one would you advise I take, since I am only considering ONE for the interview? I don't need it for my admission because I have been admitted already. TOEFL or GMAT?

Femilangy, you have answered this question before through our private conversation and I agree with you. I throw this question open here because I have started seeing some people in my shoes. I guess they can also learn from the comments of pros like you guys  wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:09am On May 07, 2010
4ril:

I have some questions about TOEFL and GMAT here, and my questions are as follows.

Question (1) Does the Consular really care about your TOEFL and GMAT scores? Does your high score widen your chance of getting the visa? Does your low score narrow your chance even if you have great documents with high confidence in yourself?

This is another case, which has its own question. My school waived the GMAT for me. In my admission letter, it was stated that I was admitted based on my past achievements and my strong GPA. I also had the TOEFL waiver based on the same ground. However, some friends are advising me that regardless of the waivers from my school, I should take at least one among the standardized test (TOEFL or GMAT) for the sake of visa interview.

My questions as regards that is this;

Question (2) [i]As a graduate student, which one would you advise I take, since I am only considering ONE for the interview? [/i]I don't need it for my admission because I have been admitted already. TOEFL or GMAT?

Femilangy, you have answered this question before through our private conversation and I agree with you. I throw this question open here because I have started seeing some people in my shoes. I guess they can also learn from the comments of pros like you guys  wink

GMAT wink wink
pls GMAT is ur only choice cos irrespective of ur academic achievement, as an int'l student,one of d major requirements is dat u must take AT LEAST one standardize test meant for graduate level. this is the case thru out d US. Sometimes d embassy might use dat as an excuse if they hv no reason to deny u so i'll advise u go for GMAT wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 3:35am On May 07, 2010
@nethacker,

Thanks for your response. Femilangy once said the same and I agree completely with you guys. However, there is a an important question which you omit. and this is the question again ;does the GMAT score really matter to the consular? does a very high score increase my chance? does a low score reduce it at the consular?

I am asking the question to determine how hard I should prepare for the test. If the score doesn't matter to the consular, honestly I wouldn't want to stress myself too much about the test. I just wish to write it, put in my best and leave the center. I have a tight schedule that would not allow me to burn midnight oil for any exam at the moment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:29am On May 07, 2010
4ril:

@nethacker,

Thanks for your response. Femilangy once said the same and I agree completely with you guys. However, there is a an important question which you omit. and this is the question again ;does the GMAT score really matter to the consular? does a very high score increase my chance? does a low score reduce it at the consular?

I am asking the question to determine how hard I should prepare for the test. If the score doesn't matter to the consular, honestly I wouldn't want to stress myself too much about the test. I just wish to write it, put in my best and leave the center. I have a tight schedule that would not allow me to burn midnight oil for any exam at the moment.
Although ur score doesnt matter to the consular but which ever way u wanna look at it, i will advise u to prepare hard for it n get high scores cos that can help u wen u get to school, perhaps wen u try to get some kinda assistantship.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2010
This is how my interview went ooo,

Consular, Called me to the counter.
Me, I stood up and was standin waitin.
Consular, Let me have ur passport and i 20
Me, I gave him.
Consular, Why do u do want to go to US?
Me, Goin for study.
Consular, Ok. Why this school? How did u got the school? Who choose it for u?
Me, I got it from online search(University of Texas at Austin)
Consular, And ur sponsor?
Me, My uncle(US citizen) and my mum.
Consular, Frowns and pulse for a while.
Consular, How do i knw you'll come back?
Me, Im coming back because i want to rule my people here.
Consular, How?
Me, At this point i was gettin angry.
Consular, Ok let me ur uncle's financial details.
Me, Gave him his bank details,tax clearance for four years and the i-134 which he gave me.
Consular, Was smiling,
Consular, Im sorry i had to place u on holding for further clarifications.
Me, Why?
Consular, There's no problem. We'd get back to u asap.
Me. Ok thank u. He retained my passport.

That was how it went my dear fellow members. I wish others luck in their interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2010
Kenzema:

This is how my interview went ooo,

Consular, Called me to the counter.
Me, I stood up and was standin waitin.
Consular, Let me have your passport and i 20
Me, I gave him.
Consular, Why do u do want to go to US?
Me, Goin for study.
Consular, Ok. Why this school? How did u got the school? Who choose it for u?
Me, I got it from online search(University of Texas at Austin)
Consular, And your sponsor?
Me, My uncle(US citizen) and my mum.
Consular, Frowns and pulse for a while.
Consular, How do i knw you'll come back?
Me, Im coming back because i want to rule my people here.
Consular, How?
Me, At this point i was gettin angry.
Consular, Ok let me your uncle's financial details.
Me, Gave him his bank details,tax clearance for four years and the i-134 which he gave me.
Consular, Was smiling,
Consular, Im sorry i had to place u on holding for further clarifications.
Me, Why?
Consular, There's no problem. We'd get back to u asap.
Me. Ok thank u. He retained my passport.

That was how it went my dear fellow members. I wish others luck in their interview.

the only thing dat saved u was the I-134 u presented. if u had jst said "my uncle is a US citizen" without d I-134, na section 214(b) dem go refer u to, hv u picked it up to check the eagle grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 7:35am On May 07, 2010
I guess that's why i was placed on hold. Mayb they're tryin to confirm criminal act or to see if the documents my brother sent to me were fake. Am picking my passport today. I cant wait to see the eagle. Beside, i like naija. Home,sweet home. But let me get to US first. I'd be comin to Texas next week thursday.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:39am On May 07, 2010
Kenzema:

I guess that's why i was placed on hold. Mayb they're tryin to confirm criminal act or to see if the documents my brother sent to me were fake. Am picking my passport today. I cant wait to see the eagle. Beside, i like naija. Home,sweet home. But let me get to US first. I'd be comin to Texas next week thursday.
wen r u resuming school?
see 4get dat"i love 9ja,home sweet home" anywhere is home. by d time u come here n u see say light no dey go,water dey,security dey, n to crown it all, all dem blackberries go dey follow u with ordinary bikinis grin grin grin
then u will be like, wow,this is where i belong grin grin grin
ask femilangy,gongo aso n wems002 grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:02am On May 07, 2010
@nethacker, am resuming by June. I cant wait for those blackberries to follow me around. Oboy, i go do past what i left for Unilag ooo. E go be another heaven, Lol. Am about to go pick up my passport. And then go pay my ticket flight. Where're u @nethacker?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:07am On May 07, 2010
Kenzema:

@nethacker, am resuming by June. I cant wait for those blackberries to follow me around. Oboy, i go do past what i left for Unilag ooo. E go be another heaven, Lol. Am about to go pick up my passport. And then go pay my ticket flight. Where're u @nethacker?
i dey arizona state. na yabatech i go n i did like a semester in systems eng in unilag but later left jare, carry agbo come ooo, alomo n those things wey go make u turn dat aso rock to bakery grin grin grin grin . babes go follow u tire. na may u go fit leave 9ja ooo,30days b4 resumption date
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2010
Yes oo. I dey resume on June 7th. So i go waka by May 13th. E no easy to get yankee visa ooo. Oboy,i fasted and prayed ooo. But i no go meet any pastor to lay hand on me. Na inside my room i prayed to my God. I go bring opa eyin,ale and afato come ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2010
All the American black kokolet gbe. Ma ti lo se won lese ju. But i go read ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2010
Kenzema:

Yes oo. I dey resume on June 7th. So i go waka by May 13th. E no easy to get yankee visa ooo. Oboy,i fasted and prayed ooo. But i no go meet any pastor to lay hand on me. Na inside my room i prayed to my God. I go bring opa eyin,ale and afato come ooo.
pls bring those ones oo abeg  cos this summer will be disastrous , wetin those babes dey wear ?
abeg jst buy my own too sha drop me ur yim or skype so we go yarn,
Kenzema:

All the American black kokolet gbe. Ma ti lo se won lese ju. But i go read ooo.
omo preek na their food ooo. u sef go see dressing u go fear say,,wow!!!!! shocked shocked . awon omo yi ma fi oko run pako men gba be grin grin if u reach here, wen book show u, u go knw how far
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2010
@nethacker,you know that we're not comin back to naija at least for now. Like me,i go adjust my status when i start work after my school. Mayb i go don see the chick wey i go marry by then. I mean black American chick so i fit become citizen sharp sharp. Na wetin my uncle did be dat ooo. Obama,here i come.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2010
Kenzema:

@nethacker,you know that we're not comin back to naija at least for now. Like me,i go adjust my status when i start work after my school. Mayb i go don see the chick wey i go marry by then. I mean black American chick so i fit become citizen sharp sharp. Na wetin my uncle did be dat ooo. Obama,here i come.

dat na outside NL discussion, just keep in touch
u hv my YIM or skype? my skype is nethacker79
dat runs wey u dey talk so, na long story ooo, no forget my agbo ooo if u no want make i vex tongue grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:36am On May 07, 2010
Ok o. I no go forget am o. My yim is nicho_007. I'll bring all the agbo and anything like that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2010
Even my cousin wey dey NY talk say make i bring agbo come for am. So I'll go to NY and spend like a week before school start. Omo yankee ma dun gan ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2010
Kenzema:

Even my cousin wey dey NY talk say make i bring agbo come for am. So I'll go to NY and spend like a week before school start. Omo yankee ma dun gan ooo.
lets not hijack d thread, we go continue for YIM cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2010
Yes o. Am goin to pick my passport now. So I'll be back here for the next jist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.