Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546838 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:53am On May 04, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 10:58am On May 04, 2010
@steve49ja,am rilly happy 2hear d@ gud news.pls can ur drop ur contact.preferably ur numba.@nethacker,God is in control 4 nxt week.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:01am On May 04, 2010
luizworld:

sup nethhacker,
my lil sis wants to come's to US to study. she had a 60% scholarship and i dunno how to go about it. her mum's scared she might refused at the abuja embassy, because the rate of refusal @abj is on the high side,
what do u suggest i do?.are they reliable agents in Nigeria you know off or do we just apply at the lagos office instead

she need not be scared, if she is going to school, she has a chance of getting the visa only if she can be confident trust me, some1 here in this forum jst got his as we speak so the hearsay abt refusal is somewat a hype to instil fear, wat r d docs she has and wat course is she going for, lets hear the applicants details grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:03am On May 04, 2010
khunleah:

@steve49ja,am rilly happy 2hear d@ gud news.pls can your drop your contact.preferably your numba.@nethacker,God is in control 4 nxt week.
i gave him ur number already so dnt worry he will call u.sha be prepared n be composed n above all, be very confident,
BTW where is kenzema or wats his name? shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:09am On May 04, 2010
nethacker:

she need not be scared, if she is going to school, she has a chance of getting the visa only if she can be confident trust me, some1 here in this forum jst got his as we speak so the hearsay abt refusal is somewat a hype to instil fear, wat r d docs she has and wat course is she going for, lets hear the applicants details grin
grin she's 18 and she wants to study Bsc Chemical enginerring in calvin univ of liberal arts  Michigan
wht else does she need apart from finicial docs undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 11:10am On May 04, 2010
@steve49ja,am happy 2hear d@ news.where go celebrate am?can u drop ur numba?@nethacker, God is in control of nxt week! Thanks for al d support.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2010
luizworld:

grin she's 18 and she wants to study Bsc Chemical enginerring in calvin univ of liberal arts  Michigan
wht else does she need apart from finicial docs undecided
She has a very good chance of gettin d visa especially at that age. since she has all docs, let her knw much abt the course she actually wanna go for. d school she is going to, y she chose d school n d course, of wat importance to the economy will d course be, so enlighten her on all these areas. if she is a sharp and sound girl, she will get the visa trust me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:21am On May 04, 2010
nethacker:

She has a very good chance of gettin d visa especially at that age. since she has all docs, let her knw much abt the course she actually wanna go for. d school she is going to, y she chose d school n d course, of wat importance to the economy will d course be, so enlighten her on all these areas. if she is a sharp and sound girl, she will get the visa trust me
thnks bruv, chie u don turn counsellor finish grin grin
she's a sharp gurl, i'll just make sure i drill her on how to face the consular. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 11:23am On May 04, 2010
@nethacker.I have I-20 frm universal helicopters,Marriage cert,Sevis receipt,tax clearance,study leave leta 4rm my present work,all letas 4rm my work,Scholarship leta frm sponsor(NGO),their statement(25mill plus),mine acct(4.01mill).Pls i wil like u to add also,i havent book my appointment,dis wk hopefully cos my wife is pregnant,dats a tie also?haha, Sky is my öffice!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2010
luizworld:

thnks bruv, chie u don turn counsellor finish grin grin
she's a sharp gurl, i'll just make sure i drill her on how to face the consular. wink
drill her to gather the confidence to respond to questions.i guess u knw d likely questions n how u answer them. She must be very confident
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:31am On May 04, 2010
Cappadona123:

@nethacker.I have I-20 frm universal helicopters,Marriage cert,Sevis receipt,tax clearance,study leave leta 4rm my present work,all letas 4rm my work,Scholarship leta frm sponsor(NGO),their statement(25mill plus),mine acct(4.01mill).Pls i wil like u to add also,i havent book my appointment,dis wk hopefully cos my wife is pregnant,dats a tie also?haha, Sky is my öffice!!!
with all these u mentioned, u hv no problem but please be confident enough to defend the statement given to u by your sponsor,have an in depth knowledge of their quotidian operation and ofcourse on wat grounds r they sponsoring u? all of these question might likely come your way.your wife is pregnant is a tie too but get her consent too(a signed letter from her,although not necessary )
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 11:40am On May 04, 2010
@nethacker.Nagode sosai and kip d gud work bro.I came 1st in an aviation test conducted by my sponsor dats y they wana spönsor me 4my PPL(Private pilot).Pls which is beta btw abuja and lagos?Safety above all!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:44am On May 04, 2010
Cappadona123:

@nethacker.Nagode sosai and kip d gud work bro.I came 1st in an aviation test conducted by my sponsor dats y they wana spönsor me 4my PPL(Private pilot).Pls which is beta btw abuja and lagos?Safety above all!!!
@ d bolded part, make sure u include the letter of the award. both locations are good , it depends on u n how u can make them believe u, trust me ,disregard the consular post n work on ur confidence, u will get it even if na obama himself come interview grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 12:01pm On May 04, 2010
@nethacker.Incha allah and i promise to take u on a ride on my robinson R-22 or R-44 maybe to Zaria or Birnin Gwari,i hope u wont b scared with my acrobatic,haha.Sky is the limit!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 12:04pm On May 04, 2010
Cappadona123:

@nethacker.Incha allah and i promise to take u on a ride on my robinson R-22 or R-44 maybe to Zaria or Birnin Gwari,i hope u wont b scared with my acrobatic,haha.Sky is the limit!!!
I am not in Nigeria oooo grin grin grin grin but hv tasted a bit of airforce sky operations b4 in zaria NDA so i wont be scared if i were around. tongue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 12:12pm On May 04, 2010
Ook,i wil kip u updated as things dey go bro.God bless u and ur family.skydawg out!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 3:19pm On May 04, 2010
steve49ja:

I got it. Details coming up shortly, there's God

Bravo Stevo, here is my contact if u culd txt me urs so i cn giv u a call, guess its my turn nw, less than 24hrs nw, may 5th already pre-destined,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 3:20pm On May 04, 2010
stevo, my number 08086379856/07065559883
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2010
vandops:

Bravo Stevo, here is my contact if u culd txt me urs so i cn giv u a call, guess its my turn nw, less than 24hrs nw, may 5th already pre-destined,

My yim de ma profile, im mostly online there, buzz me anytim U come on, I go drop number ther, jo ntori olorun yo number e t'o ko, a le so eni melo to nka nko ta nso nbi ki nwo ma lo lo fun nkan mi smiley (i hope U understand dat)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:15pm On May 04, 2010
Vandops, this time 2moro u go dey rejoice!!!!!!!!!!! ma turn is comin 2
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:24pm On May 04, 2010
Vandops, this time 2moro u go dey rejoice!!!!!!!!!!! ma turn is comin 2, @ steve49ja we have not seen the interview tips, this will help odas here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 5:31pm On May 04, 2010
So yeah yesterday was public holiday (May 3rd was actually my appointment date) so I printed out the re-schedulin of appt sent to me.

I got ther @ about 6.45, ma appnt was for 7am lo and behold ther were peeps everywhere, I figure ther was a zebra crossin line so I walkd towards the line, hopin as soon as they call us I wud be amongst the first to cross. When they did call us (just like as we de run enter molue, omo eko don ja go front) luckily I was like number 5 on queue, here na abuja na dos men for well starched agbada and fat cheeks go always beat queue, long story short, I got in waiting for ma turn, now it was my turn and this was how it went,

Consular: next applicant please (he concentrates on what he was writing)
Me: Hello, Good morning (with a smile) (he requested for my DS160 and passport,which I gav him)

Consular: Why do U want to go to the US?
Me: to study

Consular:Can I see your I-20? (gav it to him, He types for awhile)

Consular: How did U know of the school? Did someone tell you about it?
Me: Through peterson.com
Whats that? It's a website
What do they do? They review schools

Consular: Why did U pick the skul?
Me:because its a small school where my voice can be heard and my academic performance can show, the city also is currently rated amongst 1st ten safest place to stay in the US

Consular: Did U apply to other schools?
Me: Yes, told him

Consular: Did they reject you?
Me: No, they said my major wasnt available, I should review my major and choose something else (and he repeated 'review your major'? My mind just stroll but no shaking I stood my ground and said a loud 'yes')

Consular: Why do you want to study this major?
Me: (now this is a simple qxtn but psychological, it cud mean 'of what use is it to ya country' so I been wan begin giv story, U know like hw e go help govmnt but he wasnt interested and asked again, meaning wetin U wan study for d major? so yeah straight to the point.)
To know risk management and cash inflow and outflow

Consular: Why do you think they gave you scholarship?
Me: Cos of my performance in my previous school (I gav him my result)

Consular: What's your WAEC score? (gav him my waec result)

Consular: Do you have anyone in the US?
Me: I told him

Consular: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: I told him

Consular: Can I see statement? (gav him)

''Please pick up your visa at the address below'', by 8.47 I was already sharing my success story

I'l advice U go early, because they'l stil be happy, not stressed, they gave everybody before me and me smiley, but above all IT WAS GOD! cos Im not even sure the guy was hearin what I was saying, hehehe but I kept talkin and looking confident. What I think is instead of concentrating on your fast beating heart, concentrate on what you're been told! dont just be ther physically, be ther mentally. Dont day-dream smiley If you really studied my post this morning on ma way to the emby U go realise se na GOD face I just de look, Lik I said before ''We all wud share our success story'' and we all wud post on here about our success story cos trust thers a different feeling posting on here to other expectant, I cant even beliv im typing this.

Many thanks to everybody, God bless US all and bless this thread, nethacker and abuseay, the story we we de yarn lik play lik play don de com to pass o

Now you've heard mine, kunleah,vandops and others I'm waiting for yours smiley, 'All things are possible to them who believes' smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 7:31pm On May 04, 2010
Am hapy 4u bro,God will do it for we the rest.Gud luck bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lovemoi2(f): 1:20am On May 05, 2010
[size=18pt]have suxes finnally gone to ah-me-ri-cah[/size]

just checking, by the way so many new peeps in here
naija go soon empty
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:50am On May 05, 2010
lovemoi2:

[size=18pt]have suxes finnally gone to ah-me-ri-cah[/size]

just checking, by the way so many new peeps in here
naija go soon empty
hahahahah lovemoi2 grin grin grin grin. like u dnt knw suxes.
he's no more living the american dream grin
no worry we go dey plenty for 9ja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by NKnight: 7:11am On May 05, 2010
@thread,

Great work guys!

Been reading since last year but first had to settle with GRE, TOEFL, Admissions etc. Please I have a question for the house: Do we have to show proof of personal/family funds when fully funded (tuition,fees, health and stipend) by school/department?

By this I mean the funds awarded exceed the cost of attendance as given in the CFR.

nethacker, your vast experience is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by NKnight: 7:19am On May 05, 2010
NKnight:

@thread,

Great work guys!

Been reading since last year but first had to settle with GRE, TOEFL, Admissions etc. Please I have a question for the house: Do we have to show proof of personal/family funds when fully funded (tuition,fees, health and stipend) by school/department?

By this I mean the funds awarded exceed the cost of attendance as given in the CFR.

nethacker, your vast experience is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

The question is for the visa interview as theres no prob with the school.

Thanks!

Congrats to steve49ja! and good luck to vandops.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by SKYPO: 9:18am On May 05, 2010
I must say very big thanks to the house for the good work well done.
i have my OND and intend to further more in USA. but i have two questions to ask the house especially people with experience ,

1. what is the chances of getting a visa when you apply for a community college?. does it mean one could be denied a visa if its community college.

2. what is the chance of getting a visa if your sponsor is a citizen of usa. (who happens to be cousin).
the school in question is same sch my cousin attended then.

una responses will be highly appreciated. thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:23am On May 05, 2010
SKYPO:

I must say very big thanks to the house for the good work well done.
i have my OND and intend to further more in USA. but i have two questions to ask the house especially people with experience ,

1. what is the chances of getting a visa when you apply for a community college?. does it mean one could be denied a visa if its community college.

2. what is the chance of getting a visa if your sponsor is a citizen of usa. (who happens to be cousin).
the school in question is same sch my cousin attended then.

una responses will be highly appreciated. thanks

@^^^^ in ur interest, both options r detrimental to ur chance of getting a visa. u hv an OND, y community college?it will appear as if u r trying to migrate under the guise of a student.secondly, it doesnt matter if ur sponsor is here in US but please include a 9ja sponsor cos their mentality as regards US sponsor is dat"wat if he/she is no more capable of sponsoring u?" so be wise and do d right thing bro. only after then, visa is guaranteed grin grin grin
hope dat helps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by SKYPO: 9:31am On May 05, 2010
Congratulations steve49ja finally u ve made it. 
vandops all the best and i can't wait 2 hear d good news.

Glory be to God that the house is doing perfectly well. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2010
Hello people, been a long while. Vandops I'm waiting for you oh. The red label dey here.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by SKYPO: 10:14am On May 05, 2010
nethacker:

@^^^^ in your interest, both options r detrimental to your chance of getting a visa. u hv an OND, y community college?it will appear as if u r trying to migrate under the guise of a student.secondly, it doesnt matter if your sponsor is here in US but please include a 9ja sponsor cos their mentality as regards US sponsor is dat"wat if he/she is no more capable of sponsoring u?" so be wise and do d right thing bro. only after then, visa is guaranteed grin grin grin
hope dat helps

1.   y d community college bcoz is affordable

2.   i intend stayin with him bcoz d is school 2 his house.

3. d school is advance in Research based on d field i intend studying.

oK, what of if i use my o'level 2 apply, what is chances of getting a visa?

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.