Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546402 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2010
at ade_mark, i really appreciate ur post on GMAT, THNKA
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2010
@ ade_mark, i really appreciate your post on GMAT, THANKS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 9:36am On Jun 21, 2010
@ illinois, which GMAT centre did u write your GMAT? Do they allow the use of calculator?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2010
hello house am back again.please is their anyone who can help and tell me how to book for an emergency appointment cos i just received my 1-20 and i have try to book but d available dates are from ang and my school will reopen on ang 9th so i need to be there b4 then.pls if any 1 knows how to book for emergency appointment pls help. even if is through an agent or anybody pls am begging angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2010
Thanks everyone. May God's favour be with everyone on their appointment dates. House do i need to buy a two say ticket with an F-1 Visa? Please house respond, Thanks>
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2010
akonam_one:

Thanks everyone. May God's favour be with everyone on their appointment dates. House do i need to buy a two say ticket with an F-1 Visa? Please house respond, Thanks>
capital NO.I bought one-way wen i was coming here and so do many other peeps on this thread, Jst buy ur one way wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2010
alright thanx alot!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by illinois: 9:56pm On Jun 21, 2010
frank_ike:

@ illinois, which GMAT centre did u write your GMAT? Do they allow the use of calculator?
hey man gmat doesnt allow calculators n d only centre in western Nigeria is in Lekki Lagos.

i'm in abuja now for my visa IN d morning, good luck 2 me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 10:08pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ frank_ike

GMAT does not allow the use of calculator. In fact, in the center where I took mine last week, the exam administrator did not even allow me to go in with my own biro or pencil, and not to talk of calculator. I went in with nothing except my ID. If the issue date on the ID you are providing is less than 6 months old, you might be asked to present another one to support it.

I wrote mine at first logic, Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja Lagos. Once you schedule your appointment online, you can choose were to write your exam. In the confirmation of appointment letter sent to me, they even gave a road description to the exam center. So, don't worry yourself so much. Hope this information helps?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
@illinois
goodluck to you ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 2:46am On Jun 22, 2010
Sorry tongue [size=2pt]but not really sorry . . . you know who you are[/size] undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:01am On Jun 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Sorry tongue [size=2pt]but not really sorry . . . you know who you are[/size] undecided
who r u talking to? tongue
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:12am On Jun 22, 2010
djunit1:

How come it is only people going for masters posting their experience here? I have applied to a school for my BSC and my I-20 would be delivered to me on monday. I want to know if it is the same process they would ask or something different. I have paid the school deposit and would be getting all documents to back up my finances ready before the interview but I still need advice from people here.

Look around and you'll see my posts as an undergraduate and things expected of you

djunit1:

As a first timer to apply for interview at the US embassy for a visa do i need to go to Abuja as I reside in Lagos. I hope to get answers as I am about to schedule my interview. Thanks,

You dont need to go all the way to abuja.I got my visa from the lagos consulate so also others in this forum
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lekel(m): 9:55am On Jun 22, 2010
nwaoma009:

hello house am back again.please is their anyone who can help and tell me how to book for an emergency appointment cos i just received my 1-20 and i have try to book but d available dates are from ang and my school will reopen on ang 9th so i need to be there b4 then.pls if any 1 knows how to book for emergency appointment pls help. even if is through an agent or anybody pls am begging angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

@nwaoma009,

easy oh,  so you don't end up getting swindled!

Right now, I can see Aug 3-6 available at the Lagos embassy (if you are a first time applicant that is). You should try booking any of those. And if that doesn't work for you, you can email the embassy to get an emergency appointment (see below quote off the USA embassy's website at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/pr_12032009.html) and then strongly followup that up with phone calls.

STUDENT VISAS
Attention Student Visa Applicants in Nigeria

The Department of State and the U.S. Mission to Nigeria remain committed to facilitating the travel of students to study at American academic institutions.  To ensure that every qualified student visa applicant is able to begin or return to his/her program of study on time, the Mission has taken a number of steps to expedite and improve the student visa application process:

Expedited visa appointments
      Reserved visa appointment slots for students
      Dedicated e-mail boxes for student visa questions

Expedited Student Visa Appointments

To get a student (“F” visa) or exchange visitor (“J” visa) visa appointment:

Pay the visa application fee at a designated branch of UBA plc, and go on-line to https://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com/Index.aspx to schedule an appointment and pay the VFS visa appointment fee.  Make an appointment for the earliest available date.
      If your scheduled appointment is later than your planned arrival, please e-mail the Embassy (AbujaStudentVisas@state.gov) or Consulate General (LagosStudentVisas@state.gov) to request an expedited visa appointment.  We cannot expedite your appointment if you have not already made an appointment and paid the VFS appointment fee.
      Please include the following in your e-mail:
          o
            Your name and contact information;
          o
            Your institution;
          o
            Your SEVIS Number; and
          o
            The date you are scheduled to report to your program.
      The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you as soon as possible with your appointment date.  Please allow a few days for a reply.

What do I Bring to my Appointment?

The State Department website at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1270.html provides a complete list of documentary requirements for student visas.
Apply Early!

Demand for student visa appointments is especially heavy during the end-of-year holiday season.  The earlier you apply, the more likely we will be able to give you an appointment date that suits your needs.  You may apply as soon as you have your required forms and payments in hand.
Further Questions

For further questions about the student visa application process, please contact us at AbujaStudentVisas@state.gov or LagosStudentVisas@state.gov.

all the best!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lekel(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2010
illinois:

i'm in abuja now for my visa IN d morning, good luck 2 me

my guy, bring home the good news oh.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
I know and Believe there is God,Am sure you guys are wonderin,watz up wit that Statement, Young M is coming soon to share his Good News/Testimony, Thumbs up for NL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2010
Seadog,young M no get wahala.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
Newest addition to the ROC. Young M, U r welcome oo
Seadog dey tell me one longthing
Na now we wan wash am oooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ those that got their visas,pls pls and pls, make sure u arrange ur accomodation in case u weren't able to get ur oncampus housing cos accomodation for here na die oooo shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by illinois: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2010
Lekel:

my guy, bring home the good news oh.

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo people,
no long thing jooooo, simply put they gave me the visa sha n i said i didnt want again & people @ d consular were begging me not to be mad @ Obama. Pres. Goodluck then called me & i said ok.

the guy @ d embassy didnt even ask to see my financial documents! tho i dey enter UK well sha he just asked 4 questions and that was it. it was only BABA GOD'S favour ooh. I go give una more gist later,

I came to abj from lagos n ders no wahala about that & rili i think abj is better if you can pay for flight & hotel, ask me anythin n i go answer.

YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ni aiye wa, UNI of ILLI ere i come
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2010
illinois:

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo people,
no long thing jooooo, simply put they gave me the visa sha n i said i didnt want again & people @ d consular were begging me not to be mad @ Obama. Pres. Goodluck then called me & i said ok.

the guy @ d embassy didnt even ask to see my financial documents! tho i dey enter UK well sha he just asked 4 questions and that was it. it was only BABA GOD'S favour ooh. I go give una more gist later,

I came to abj from lagos n ders no wahala about that & rili i think abj is better if you can pay for flight & hotel, ask me anythin n i go answer.

YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ni aiye wa, UNI of ILLI ere i come
visa issuance depends solely on YOU and not the consular post.Congrats though n make arrangement for ur accomodation immediately.
who's next ===>>>
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ Seadog406 , Khunleah and freeman07 Thank you guys.

Vandop said and i quote " well well well, d downfall of a man isnt d end of d world ", today my persistence finally paid off.
i actually had my 1st appointment last week tuesday but was denied because the consular asked me where i made my research, i told him princetonsreview.com and peterson.com instead of the correct one which is www.princetonreview.com and www.petersons.com Please. take note as this simple things count and go a long way. The websites were wrong, he later asked me who helped me with filling the forms and getting the school, i told him i did but he wasn't convinced and denied me. The same Consular that denied Vandops and interviewed freeman, people, that guy is strict.

NairaLand!!! Shall i Begin

Like a typical interview date, i got to the embassy 7.10 because my appointment was for 10am but people were not much and 10 o clock appointment was told to join the queue.

Went through the stages and settled for the interview.There were four consulars today ,
The nice woman,
the fair guy that denied me and vandops, then two other guys.

The same guy that denied me was in charge of doing bio metrics today. Immediately i saw him at the biometric place, i felt relieved because i thought he wouldnt be doing interview for people but just biometrics. So i passed through him and settled down.Suddenly, na so the guy start to dey interview people oh, i was just praying that he shouldnt call me.

Next Applicant please, i was the next applicant and it was the same Guy that Denied me last week that was calling,
Na so i breath in hummmmmm and out waaaaaaaaa,
Got to the guy, greated him and it went thus:

Me:Good Morning, ( he didnt answer ) i passed my documents to him.

Consular: why do you want to go to the USA
me: To study

Consular: what school?
Me: I told Him

Consular: Why that school?
Me: Because where it is located is rated among one of the safest place to live in the USA and its affordable by my sponsor.

Consular: is that all? is that why you chose that school out of all the schools in the USA
Me: Yes, basically

Consular: looks at me and ask, was i the one that attended to you the last time?
Me: Yes

Consular: He give me back all my documents and told me to go back to the queue and wait for another consular to call me.
Me:ok

My people, see as prayer dey work, i dont think this has happened on this thread before. Na so i run go chill beside the seats wey dey there. I just noticed Angel ( the nice woman ( consular ) was on sit ). People on seat asked me what happened and why he told me to come back, na so i quickly use scope and said , the consular told me to wait for the woman to attend to me, na so i just dey chill, as the other consulars were calling next applicant, i didnt gooo oh. after some minutes, the woman just called next applicant and i rush go there with smile on my face. and it went thus:

Me:Good Morning, with correct smile.

Me: I told her

Consular: have you travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: Yes, to Ghana.

Consular: Why did you choose Economics?
Me: Told Her

Consular: Why did you choose the school?
Me: Told her

Consular: Did you write Toefl or psat.
Me:No, because i am applying as a tranffer student.

Consular: when did you finish secondary school?

Consular: what have you been doing since then?
Me: Told her i got a Bsc from Unilag.

Consular: So if you already have a BSc why are you going for another Bsc?
Me: Told Her and gave her convincing reasons

Consular: ok, can i see your bank statement?
Me: yes and gave it to her

Consular: ok, gives me a white form and green ticket to go pick up my visa at lekki.
Me:whew, thank you ma'm

It was as if Spartacus was fighting Teokolis in the Arena
But God made it possible and i won.

Thats my story, People, i beleive it was God that did it for me ohhhhh, for those going soon, please pray hard, there is nothing God can't do and my case is a Testimony,
Lagos Consulate na War zone ohh we were like 11 students there today and a guy was denied before me because he lied. Please DO NOT LIE. The guy was asked if he has anybody in the USA he said no, later the guy checked his record and saw that he was denied 3times in 2008 and when they filled the visa form, he filled that he was going to see his Uncle.

So people, Thank God and thanks to everybody on Nairaland,

Hola.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2010
Congrats Young M. Out of 11 students only one was denied is that what you are trying to say? what do you advice do I schedule an appointment for Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2010
djunit1:

Congrats Young M. Out of 11 students only one was denied is that what you are trying to say? what do you advice do I schedule an appointment for Lagos or Abuja?
where do u stay? I dnt knw y pple dnt listen. d consular post u choose doesnt in anyway affect or influence visa issuance. If u like book ur interview in obama's office, if u cant convince the consular by answering all questions convincingly,u r on ur own.
book ur interview close to u and go with confidence while u r ready to answer questions very well and concise- no story. Goodluck wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 22, 2010
Thanks Nethacker for the info. I really appreciate. I live in Lagos so I would just book appointment in Lagos. I am yet to pay my sevis fee though I have already paid the visa fees. Is there a way to pay with an ATM card here in Naija or is there a way you can suggest?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2010
Young M:

@ Seadog406 , Khunleah and freeman07 Thank you guys.

Vandop said and i quote " well well well, d downfall of a man isnt d end of d world ", today my persistence finally paid off.
i actually had my 1st appointment last week tuesday but was denied because the consular asked me where i made my research, i told him princetonsreview.com and peterson.com instead of the correct one which is www.princetonreview.com and www.petersons.com Please. take note as this simple things count and go a long way. The websites were wrong, he later asked me who helped me with filling the forms and getting the school, i told him i did but he wasn't convinced and denied me. The same Consular that denied Vandops and interviewed freeman, people, that guy is strict.

NairaLand!!! Shall i Begin

Like a typical interview date, i got to the embassy 7.10 because my appointment was for 10am but people were not much and 10 o clock appointment was told to join the queue.

Went through the stages and settled for the interview.There were four consulars today ,
The nice woman,
the fair guy that denied me and vandops, then two other guys.

The same guy that denied me was in charge of doing bio metrics today. Immediately i saw him at the biometric place, i felt relieved because i thought he wouldnt be doing interview for people but just biometrics. So i passed through him and settled down.Suddenly, na so the guy start to dey interview people oh, i was just praying that he shouldnt call me.

Next Applicant please, i was the next applicant and it was the same Guy that Denied me last week that was calling,
Na so i breath in hummmmmm and out waaaaaaaaa,
Got to the guy, greated him and it went thus:

Me:Good Morning, ( he didnt answer ) i passed my documents to him.

Me: I told Him

Consular: Why that school?
Me: Because where it is located is rated among one of the safest place to live in the USA and its affordable by my sponsor.

Consular: is that all? is that why you chose that school out of all the schools in the USA
Me: Yes, basically

Consular: looks at me and ask, was i the one that attended to you the last time?
Me: Yes

Consular: He give me back all my documents and told me to go back to the queue and wait for another consular to call me.
Me:ok

My people, see as prayer dey work, i dont think this has happened on this thread before. Na so i run go chill beside the seats wey dey there. I just noticed Angel ( the nice woman ( consular ) was on sit ). People on seat asked me what happened and why he told me to come back, na so i quickly use scope and said , the consular told me to wait for the woman to attend to me, na so i just dey chill, as the other consulars were calling next applicant, i didnt gooo oh. after some minutes, the woman just called next applicant and i rush go there with smile on my face. and it went thus:

Me:Good Morning, with correct smile.

Consular: have you travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: Yes, to Ghana.

Consular: Why did you choose Economics?
Me: Told Her

Consular: Why did you choose the school?
Me: Told her

Consular: Did you write Toefl or psat.
Me:No, because i am applying as a tranffer student.

Consular: when did you finish secondary school?

Consular: what have you been doing since then?
Me: Told her i got a Bsc from Unilag.

Consular: So if you already have a BSc why are you going for another Bsc?
Me: Told Her and gave her convincing reasons

Consular: ok, can i see your bank statement?
Me: yes and gave it to her

Consular: ok, gives me a white form and green ticket to go pick up my visa at lekki.
Me:whew, thank you ma'm

It was as if Spartacus was fighting Teokolis in the Arena
But God made it possible and i won.

Thats my story, People, i beleive it was God that did it for me ohhhhh, for those going soon, please pray hard, there is nothing God can't do and my case is a Testimony,
Lagos Consulate na War zone ohh we were like 11 students there today and a guy was denied before me because he lied. Please DO NOT LIE. The guy was asked if he has anybody in the USA he said no, later the guy checked his record and saw that he was denied 3times in 2008 and when they filled the visa form, he filled that he was going to see his Uncle.

So people, Thank God and thanks to everybody on Nairaland,

Hola.

hmm, now dats wat am talkin abt.u did take our advice on meetin dat woman.smart move on ur part. so nw dats done and dusted, na to pop champagne remain o,

freeman07:

Newest addition to the ROC. Young M, U r welcome oo
Seadog dey tell me one longthing
Na now we wan wash am oooo

freeman, true talk o, seadog u beta behave and cme wash am for us o, lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 23, 2010
COngrats Young M. Hmmmmmm, Na God Indeed. Favour indeed speaks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2010
freeman, true talk o, seadog u beta behave and cme wash am for us o, lol
[quote][/quote]

wetin i dey wash?no be the same tym we collect visa ni?and we don wash dat day, na Young M u sppose dey follow talk,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2010

wetin i dey wash?no be the same tym we collect visa ni?and we don wash dat day, na Young M u sppose dey follow talk,

seadog u wan play ojoro abi, we go pick d visa bt u no pop any champagne for man nw

@young M, i dey wait o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Lekel(m): 8:54am On Jun 23, 2010
djunit1:

I am yet to pay my sevis fee though I have already paid the visa fees. Is there a way to pay with an ATM card here in Naija or is there a way you can suggest?

There's no way to pay the SEVIS fee electronically if the SEVIS number is connected to Nigeria. The alternatives are either to pay using US cheque/money order or to pay through Western Union (see link at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_instr.htm).

Cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 9:20am On Jun 23, 2010
djunit1:

@djunit1
We were about 11 students and i was the 4th student attended to but only one guy was denied. I do not know about others
Seriously, Lagos Consulate na war zone oh, If you read the thread from last month and do your analysis, you will see that everybody that went for interview in Lagos always fall in between the nice woman and that same guy.
Check this, Khunleah was interviewed by the same guy, vandops went and got the same guy, Freeman went and got the same guy, Seadog406 went and got the nice woman, Vandops went again and got the nice woman, i went and got the same guy, then i went again, got the same guy and had to be interviewed by the nice woman. There are other consulars but if you do your analysis, i bet one of this two people will interview you.
If you get the guy, be ready to get drilled , and give convincing answers because that guy no easy, but if you get the woman, then good for you.

I have not been to Abuja but i read on this thread that its still cool compared to what we go through in Lagos.
Nethacker baba, na the latest stuff wey dey happen for Lagos Consulate be this oh, you know say its quite sometime you had your interview.

so Djunit1, make up your mind on where you want to go.

Hola
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 9:26am On Jun 23, 2010
vandops:

seadog u wan play ojoro abi, we go pick d visa bt u no pop any champagne for man nw

@young M, i dey wait o

@ Vandops, seadog406 and freeman1
We all suppose wash am for ourselfs ni now, haba make Una no dey do ojoro oh
Lets all hook up on a particular day so we get poppin

Hola

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.