Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,694 members, 7,837,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546936 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2010
this house is back to it's lively self, Thank God for the good news, @ Young M, and the rest of us soon to go, let's keep it on
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
Yup my sponsor changed it to Abuja.We'll all get news bt lets stay away frm sin.I told my wife na small small o(Lmao). Sky is my office!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
i am impressed.see pple callin ma name.  grin
@fagbon:y r u wastin ur money to abuja?y dnt u listen to advise?i told u 2choose lag but na abj u go choose,anyway best of luck.pls pple dnt ever come here with fake credentials ooo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 5:07am On Jun 12, 2010
nethacker:

i am impressed.see pple callin ma name. grin
@fagbon:y r u wastin your money to abuja?y dnt u listen to advise?i told u 2choose lag but na abj u go choose,anyway best of luck.pls pple dnt ever come here with fake credentials ooo.

WORDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shilling(f): 7:13am On Jun 12, 2010
@ 2gd and all:
Congrats!!

I also wasn't asked for my financial documents, but that was ages ago.

I applied from a country where people aren't so interested in visiting the US, so I guess that made it easier.

On all the immigration boards, people always say one thing - CRAZY TYPING!! What's with the immigration officers typing so furiously all the time? lol.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 7:49am On Jun 12, 2010
@shilling: I applied from a country where people aren't so interested in visiting the US, so I guess that made it easier.

what country is that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2010
@NETHACKER,guy no be so oooooooooo,i cudnt secure an appointment 4 lagos around d time ni ooooo even now gansef i dey wonda aw i go get 2 abuja and make dat tym {7.30 am} bt lag or abuja d koko be say make God favour one and get the visa any way out.

2 all my guys dat av already gotten dere visas,guys dont stop prayin 4 us 2 ooooo,SURELY DIS THREAD NA D GREATEST THREAD EVER NA SONGS OF PRAISE ALL ALONG BY GOD'S PRAISE.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2010
@Fagbon01 and Young M others having their interview soon,God's favour will always locate u guys,and also when you nervous,a smile will help to ease it out, wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 11:49am On Jun 12, 2010
@ALL
PRAISE GOD.
NA GOD DEY  GIVE VISA OOOOOOO.
NO ONE ELSE.
I GOT MY VISA YESTERDAY AT THE LAGOS CONSULATE.
I WAS WITH VANDOPS.
HE ALSO GOT HIS OOOOOOOO
NA GOD DEY GIVE VISA.
NO ONE ELSE.
ANYBODY THAT IS GOING FOR THE INTERVIEW SHOULD PRAY MORE FOR GODS FAVOR THAN THE DOCUMENTS.
LETS THANK GOD.thanks for all the advice, and assistance. nethacker, gongo aso, femilangy, aroy1, kenzema, khunleah, femiflukis and my guy vandops who was with me (giving me the needed courage) from the gate of the consulate till when we entered for the interview. He was with me, and GOD was WITH US.
PRAY TO GOD AND FAST FOR AT LEAST THREE DAYS BEFORE INTERVIEW.
@all going for the interview, just be truthful. DONT LIE and i repeat, PLS DONT LIE and put all trust in GOD. The consulars value Truthfulness.
THANKS ALL, POST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS SOON.
AS Steve4naija talk, together we can move Nigeria forward.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2010
freeman07:

@ALL
PRAISE GOD.
NA GOD DEY GIVE VISA OOOOOOO.
NO ONE ELSE.
I WAS WITH VANDOPS.
HE ALSO GOT HIS OOOOOOOO
NA GOD DEY GIVE VISA.
NO ONE ELSE.
ANYBODY THAT IS GOING FOR THE INTERVIEW SHOULD PRAY MORE FOR GODS FAVOR THAN THE DOCUMENTS.
LETS THANK GOD.thanks for all the advice, and assistance. nethacker, gongo aso, femilangy, aroy1, kenzema, khunleah, femiflukis and my guy VANDOPS who was with me (giving me the needed courage) from the gate of the embassy till when we entered the consulate to recieve the visa.
PRAT TO GOD AND FAST FOR AT LEAST THREE DAYS BEFORE INTERVIEW.
@all going for the interview, just be truthful. DONT LIE and i repeat, PLS DONT LIE and put all trust in GOD. The consulars value Truthfulness.
THANKS ALL, POST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS SOON

@Freeman07 i also had got my visa yesterday at the Lagos Consulate,who interviewed you?the woman wearing the black top?or the guy in the bwrown shirt sitting in the middle?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
Seadog, wetin be your YIM, e be like say i see you yesterday. were u wearing a white top??
make we chat
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2010
@Freeman07.kunle_ored
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2010
well well well, d downfall of a man isnt d end of d world, ystday my persistence finally paid off ystday.
Like a typical interview date, i got to the embassy 6.30am and as usual d queue was alrdy bin formed.well me and michael(freeman)were representing nairaland as we both had interviews for same day

I was denied may 5th cos of insufficient fund, so it so happen i was d next applicant and the guy with the lady were free so i kept praying the woman call me first and it so happened

Consular: (big smile), Gudmrng
Me: (widest grin ever), Gudmrng Ma, how u doin today?

Consular:  am fine thank you, can i have ur documents pls
me: hands her the passport and I-20/SEVIS

Consular: so i see ur applyn for a student visa
Me: Yes ma'am

Consular: (looks thru the I-20) so y did u pick dis course?
Me: I wish to specialize in web programming and the school happens to be ranked among the top 5 for that major

Consular: hmm, top 5, so wat were ur other options and who did the ranking?
Me: 1st on d list was harvard, followed by yale and UMBC is 3rd

Consular: hmm, ok.so u chose UMBC cos its more affordable compared to the 1st two right?
Me: Yes Ma

typing, typing, typing,

Consular: (smiles still typing)so when did you finish secondary school?
Me: 2002

Consular: I'll say thats about 8 years nw, what hav u bin doin since then?
Me: I've been working while taking diploma courses as related to my major

Consular: so where do u work and what do u do there?
Me: I work with an outdoor advert media coy and i double as the IT manager and website administrator

Consular: smiles, thats impressive.so did u take waec, toefl and the sat?
Me: Yes ma

Consular:  ok, can you hand me the documents
Me: handed the results of the three exams over to her

Consular, types then looks at my I-20, so who is sponsoring ur fees and any documents to that effect?
Me: my dad, i then handed over the bank statement

meanwhile i was busy listening to freeman's interview at the next cubicle and the way the yeye man was bin so serious wit him

Consular:, ok, types again, i'm gonna issue u the visa
Me: (restraining my joy)smiling, Thank you Ma

Consular, make sure if ur travelling make plans after july 31st
Me: Thanks for the advice

Consular: ok, study hard and wish u safe journey
Me: Thank You very much

Gathered my documents, walk out of the embassy and felt so relieved at the same time waiting at the gate to know how freeman's went and as God would have it, he was also given.

Kudos to da whole house, dedicate d visa to u all and maryland, usa, HERE I COME
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2010
freeman07:

@ALL
PRAISE GOD.
NA GOD DEY  GIVE VISA OOOOOOO.
NO ONE ELSE.
I WAS WITH VANDOPS.
HE ALSO GOT HIS OOOOOOOO
NA GOD DEY GIVE VISA.
NO ONE ELSE.
LETS THANK GOD.thanks for all the advice, and assistance. nethacker, gongo aso, femilangy, aroy1, kenzema, khunleah, femiflukis and my guy vandops who was with me (giving me the needed courage) from the gate of the consulate till when we entered for the interview. He was with me, and GOD was WITH US.
PRAY TO GOD AND FAST FOR AT LEAST THREE DAYS BEFORE INTERVIEW.
THANKS ALL, POST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS SOON.
AS Steve4naija talk, together we can move Nigeria forward.

congrats bro, told u all tins wld work out fine,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shilling(f): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
frank_ike:

@shilling: I applied from a country where people aren't so interested in visiting the US, so I guess that made it easier.

what country is that?

Uhmmmm, look at my location lol.

My brother applied from Botswana, same thing there.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 8:24am On Jun 13, 2010
PLS HAS ANYONE GONE TO COTONOU 2PAY 4 SEVIS?PLS I NEED THE NAME OF THE BANK AND PROBABLY ANY CONTACT THERE.E JOOO O!!! Robinson R-22 out!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
Hi, I'm new to nairaland. Indeed this forum is really helpful &full of testimonies. Congrats freeman007, fagbon01, Young M, Seadog and other. God dat did yours will also do our own too.

Pls I need to know if I also need to pay the SEVIS fee (and how) after paying the VFS & MRV vees. Also pls do I also need to fill & submit these 156, 157 & 158 forms? I already submitted DS-160 & scheduled appointment date for July.

I'm applying for F1, got 3 admissions, but without funds or aid. I had low gre score. Also, what about EAC/USIS, I'm not a member because I heard about them late.

Plsss house, is there any tips else I need to know before going? Kindly advise. Thank you grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ok, I've reviewed the previous posts & they are helpful. I will check Ecobank VI 2moro to pay the SEVIS fee. So also, the DS-160 form is enough, no need for 156, 157 & 158 right?

What about my gre score-1170, hope it's not too low? I had 3 admissions in engrg without funds.

Abeg make una reply me o. Interview is July, stil tryin to build confidence. Na God hand I dey.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2010
Post Removed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2010
pls answer my question,e dakun e jo! don allah mutane
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ Cappadona, hello broda, i dont know or have an idea about sevis fee payment in Cotonou but for me, Nethacker helped me pay the sevis fee and it was available on the website in 7days, he also helped seadog406 i heard. so thats up to you now.

@ God pikin, welcome to this successful thread, as for the sevis fee, its compulsory for your interview and also at the point of entry. As for the payment at Eco bank, someone wrote on this thread that he tried them and his money didnt get to them and also not refunded. So sort for other options. The DS-160 is all you need along with your interview letter and sevis fee is what you will need at the embassy to enter. I really do not have idea about GRE cos i am not an engineering student.

Better advice, read this thread from page1 and you will get all Info needed.

Hola
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
@YoungM,thx sö much and i try cotonou on tue and get bak to u pple.My date is on 29th,may God help us! Robinson is my metallic bird
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2010
Post Removed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2010
Guys, am really happy abt this thread, for pple that get visa last week SEADOG, VANDOPS (padi mi) and freeman, it a 1daful thing to hear that good news, Young M na ur week b this oooooo. My Advice for all. please 9ja image don get comma, please lets redeem back our image there. And am also looking forward to c u guys there. mayb a small party or get 2geda. THIS THREAD IS 1DAFUL AND THANKS TO THE MODERATOR.nethacker u r doin a great job, i c something, i no go loud am here, shei na true?, lol grin, QATAR FLY!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2010
khunleah:

Guys, am really happy abt this thread, for pple that get visa last week SEADOG, VANDOPS (padi mi) and freeman, it a 1daful thing to hear that good news, Young M na your week b this oooooo. My Advice for all. please 9ja image don get comma, please lets redeem back our image there. And am also looking forward to c u guys there. mayb a small party or get 2geda. THIS THREAD IS 1DAFUL AND THANKS TO THE MODERATOR.nethacker u r doin a great job, i c something, i no go loud am here, shei na true?, lol grin, QATAR FLY!!!!!!!!!!!

thanx padi mi, so hws ur preparations goin?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 14, 2010
Young M:

@ Cappadona, hello broda, i dont know or have an idea about sevis fee payment in Cotonou but for me, Nethacker helped me pay the sevis fee and it was available on the website in 7days, he also helped seadog406 i heard. so thats up to you now.

@ God pikin, welcome to this successful thread, as for the sevis fee, its compulsory for your interview and also at the point of entry. As for the payment at Eco bank, someone wrote on this thread that he tried them and his money didnt get to them and also not refunded. So sort for other options. The DS-160 is all you need along with your interview letter and sevis fee is what you will need at the embassy to enter. I really do not have idea about GRE cos i am not an engineering student.

Better advice, read this thread from page1 and you will get all Info needed.

Hola

@ Young M, Thanks so much. Please link me up with Nethacker so that I can get it paid.

But still curious about all these, I still believe there should be a way of paying the SEVIS fees in Nigeria. Anyone with useful info should please share. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:28am On Jun 14, 2010
vandops:

thanx padi mi, so hws your preparations goin?
Il advice you do as been told besides nethacker has helped quite a lot of guys in this forum
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2010
ok thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Laughter1(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2010
Wow, God is here! grin really glad to read all the breakthroughs, Congrats freeman007, fagbon01, Young M, Seadog and others. I m glad you guys acknowledged the fact that God's favour does it all. its not by qualification. when determination, persistence and hope is key to success. I was over the moon 4years ago when I was granted my student visa to study in the UK and by the grace of God I was able to graduate with a 1stclass. I m also looking forward to doing my masters here next year here or in the US for a change of environment. Pls bear it in mind that you guys are on a journey, please focus on your studies when you get to the US and achieve something good. It will definitely open doors of opportunity for you guys in Nigeria. God bless the federal republic! smiley

Many Thanks
A. A
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2010
@GOD PIKIN,y dont u try gettin a YIM with dat NETHACKER will surely get intouch wit u.

@LAUGHTER 1,THX 4 D WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ Fagbon, Please I don't have a YIM. Nethhacker please show up.

House pleasee, help me find Nethacker or anyone who can help me with SEVIS fee payment. Na beg I dey beg o.

I went to Ecobank Headquaters in VI as advised in one post and they said they do such.

Please help o, SEVIS fees please. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fagbon01: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
@GOD PIKIN,dont worry the guy go come online,na yankee d guy dey so e fit dey slip or dey class gansef,jus relax.i wil send his mail 2 u try to mail him,
na GOD no b man,

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.