Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,690 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546981 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 9:30am On Jun 23, 2010
This thread has revolutionised "THE VISA SAGA" but realy excites is the level of sincerity and collective help. Congrats 2 u all meeennn, Up Us Travel section, strictly 4 achievers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2010
@ Young M: How come u were able to secure appointment barely a week after u had a previous one. How many time can one attend interview.

I also picked 10am appointment, does it mean I have to get there at least 3 hours ahead?

It will be the 1st time I will be going for such. I sincerely pray for God's favor and hope to come share my testimony of this trend too.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:51am On Jun 23, 2010
God pikin:

@ Young M: How come u were able to secure appointment barely a week after u had a previous one. How many time can one attend interview.

I also picked 10am appointment, does it mean I have to get there at least 3 hours ahead?

It will be the 1st time I will be going for such. I sincerely pray for God's favor and hope to come share my testimony of this trend too.

Amen o, May God grant u favour and also hope ur well prepared.

Applicants for student visa can apply as many times as they want and as for time, i'll suggest u be at d embassy latest 6.30am cos dey don't look at d time of interview, they will just group you together.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2010
God pikin:

@God pikin
I was just lucky to get the date oh, i paid the VFS fee and when i wanted to book online, June 22 was available. So i picked the date and filled my DS-160. Maybe someone canceled his/her appointment. Anyway, for the number of times, i do not know how many times you can go for the interview but the best is to get it ones.
I got to the embassy early because i didnt want to be held up in traffic luckily , we were told to join the queue of the early morning apointments so i will advice you go early .

Your name will go with you as God Pikin, you will come back with good news for us all. When is your Interview?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2010
Your name will go with you as God Pikin, you will come back with good news for us all. When is your Interview?
[quote][/quote]

@ Young M: I say a big Amen to that. My interview is July 14, 10am. I have all docs ready except sevis fee which which I'm expecting soon - Netchacker helped me pay.

Congratulations!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Rocktation(f): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2010
Young M you did the BEST thing anyone can do for newbies, by laying out the questions and answers like that. That's totally wonderful of you. God bless you man.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
@vandops,
Bro, howfar now, u no dey com YIM again??
Howfar we get yarns
@vandops, seadog406, Young M
U guys know the next step, so lets hook up and chat
@Young M
na our prayers (vandops, seadog, me) work for you. So u have to wash.
U, pick the date. We are ever-ready
YIM asap.
@Godpikin
Goodluck to you.
Prayer is the master key
@all going for interview
Pls Pls Pls, take time to read this thread from pg 1- 88. It will really help to build your confidence wen u get to the embassy/consulate.
I know how i was before joining this thread.
Read this thread thoroughly, like its an exam,
Remember Heaven/God helps only those that help themselves.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2Rich4U(m): 2:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
The good people of the room, thank you all so much.

I got alot of valuable insights from you guys. My brother got the visa today.

Thanks ppl.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ Young M. I would seriously consider going to Abuja then. But I would like to know something, you were denied only to be back the next week? Do you have to pay another Visa Fee and Sevis Fee? If no what fees are you gonna have to pay again?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
djunit1:

@ Young M. I would seriously consider going to Abuja then. But I would like to know something, you were denied only to be back the next week? Do you have to pay another Visa Fee and Sevis Fee? If no what fees are you gonna have to pay again?

He just paid for the Visa fees and VFS fees,no more sevis fees,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
That's he just paid $131 and the Visa appointment fees?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
djunit1:

That's he just paid $131 and the Visa appointment fees?

The fees is no more 131usd is now 140usd with the Visa appointment fees
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
seadog406:

The fees is no more 131usd is now 140usd with the Visa appointment fees

Yeah djunit1, the MRV is now $140 approx 22,400 naira . Thats what i paid with the VFS fee i.e appointment which is 5,800.
No need to pay Sevis fee again.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2010
My People. I have another small question again. People would condemn me for asking but the truth is when you have not done something before you would try your best to do it very well and not mess it up with your own hands. My Waec cert. indicates my age of 1988 but my passport says 1989. and I filled the school forms with the age on my passport. No my problem is would they ask for Waec cert because I am going in as a transfer student and did not do toefl because the school did not need it. House what is your advice on this. one of the guys I met one the schools forum on face Book just got his visa today and I am hoping that I would follow him soon. I have not booked appointment but I have paid the SEVIS fee since yesterday but it is not showing on their site yet, I hope this is not over staying because I gave the money to someone to pay for me.

Forgive me for all that note my real question boil down to the age thing and how long does it take for the SEVIS fee take to update to paid on their site?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 4:13pm On Jun 24, 2010
House i need your help, is it a must that you travel straight to your school? can't you say travel to texas stay for three weeks before going to school say in florida? House pls assist. thanks. To all those with pending interviews, this thread is already itching for more good news, may you go with Gods favour, Amen
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2010
@djunit1,
sevis fee takes three days to be processed . so you dont have a problem.
pertaining to your Waec,
thats really a red flag
Na only prayer go solve that one,  make consular overlook am
@akonam,
from my research, u can.

Cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
@Freeman thanks for the response. I really need assistance because in as much as I believe a lot in prayers I like to do my things so that when I lie a lie detector would not be able to catch me. House if you know any one that can help me arrange 'Oluwole' WAEC cert that would only change my age from 1988 to 1989 please hola at me because I dont want to give those idiots at the embassy any reason to turn me down. I am more than certain to get this Visa so I want to do my home work properly.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
djunit1:

@Freeman thanks for the response. I really need assistance because in as much as I believe a lot in prayers I like to do my things so that when I lie a lie detector would not be able to catch me. House if you know any one that can help me arrange 'Oluwole' WAEC cert that would only change my age from 1988 to 1989 please hola at me because I dont want to give those idiots at the embassy any reason to turn me down. I am more than certain to get this Visa so I want to do my home work properly.

I will like to ask,did you write any exam(TOEFL&SAT)?and forget about thinking Oluwole or watsoever,though the year is a red flag,but the chances of them asking you to bring your waec certificate are slim.when i went for my interview,i wasnt asked for my cert.Young M,Freeman and even Vandops wasnt asked, so just start praying to God Man,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
djunit1:

@ Djunit1, follow ur instincts, but with caution too, These days i heard some folks go with WAEC scratch cards to embassy since results can be verified online just so to convince consular officers of results on cert being correct, rather cooked up but the online doesnt show ur age though , But Any body that has had WAEC results asked@ embassy shud tell us more, Is this common with UnderG or graduate students, know it's DV winners that made this WAEC thing a big back then, The veterans in the house, over to u,
@ freeman, Let's chat this weekend , hope u'll be free, No worry i go pay consultancy fee, lol
@ seadog, don't mind if u'll oblidge same too,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2010
DASLEEKY:

@ Djunit1, follow your instincts, but with caution too, These days i heard some folks go with WAEC scratch cards to embassy since results can be verified online just so to convince consular officers of results on cert being correct, rather cooked up but the online doesnt show your age though , But Any body that has had WAEC results asked@ embassy shud tell us more, Is this common with UnderG or graduate students, know it's DV winners that made this WAEC thing a big back then, The veterans in the house, over to u,
@ freeman, Let's chat this weekend , hope u'll be free, No worry i go pay consultancy fee, lol

@ Djunit1 and Dasleeky , i bet you guys havent read this thread from page 1 to 88, @ Djunit1, i will advice you dont try ''OLUWOLE" because if they find out its fake, you may be ban for life.
Read page 76 of this thread, the case of legzy100 , he was told that his WAEC certificate needs to be verified and will be contacted later, after few days they called him to come and complete his interview and was given the visa because it was genuine.

So beware, i will advice you go with your original one and pray the consular does not ask to see it because its a Red Flag on your side.

Hola
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2010
DASLEEKY:

@ Djunit1, follow your instincts, but with caution too, These days i heard some folks go with WAEC scratch cards to embassy since results can be verified online just so to convince consular officers of results on cert being correct, rather cooked up but the online doesnt show your age though , But Any body that has had WAEC results asked@ embassy shud tell us more, Is this common with UnderG or graduate students, know it's DV winners that made this WAEC thing a big back then, The veterans in the house, over to u,

@Dasleeky nyc one there,well as said earlier,go with the Original WAEC,go with the scratch Card and all details to check it online,but if you are not asked,dont show this oooo, dont worry,you wont be asked for it,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2010
Young M:

@ Djunit1 and Dasleeky , i bet you guys havent read this thread from page 1 to 88, @ Djunit1, i will advice you dont try ''OLUWOLE" because if they find out its fake, you may be ban for life.
Read page 76 of this thread, the case of legzy100 , he was told that his WAEC certificate needs to be verified and will be contacted later, after few days they called him to come and complete his interview and was given the visa because it was genuine.

So beware, i will advice you go with your original one and pray the consular does not ask to see it because its a Red Flag on your side.

Hola

@ Young M, never backed him to go that lane oh, hence "go with caution" , In anycase, think that what they'll verify is the results not the paper the cert is made of, anyway, just me thots, but then what do i know?
@ seadog? R u oblidging to my YIM date this weekend? abeg holla
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2010
DASLEEKY:

@ Young M, never backed him to go that lane oh, hence "go with caution" , In anycase, think that what they'll verify is the results not the paper the cert is made of, anyway, just me thots, but then what do i know?
@ seadog? R u oblidging to my YIM date this weekend? abeg holla
@Dasleeky no probs.kunle_ored
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:27am On Jun 25, 2010
djunit1:

My People. I have another small question again. People would condemn me for asking but the truth is when you have not done something before you would try your best to do it very well and not mess it up with your own hands. My Waec cert. indicates my age of 1988 but my passport says 1989. and I filled the school forms with the age on my passport. No my problem is would they ask for Waec cert because I am going in as a transfer student and did not do toefl because the school did not need it. House what is your advice on this. one of the guys I met one the schools forum on face Book just got his visa today and I am hoping that I would follow him soon. I have not booked appointment but I have paid the SEVIS fee since yesterday but it is not showing on their site yet, I hope this is not over staying because I gave the money to someone to pay for me.

Forgive me for all that note my real question boil down to the age thing and how long does it take for the SEVIS fee take to update to paid on their site?

There basic questions that could lead to you been asked to present ur waec
1. ur probably goin for an undergraduate program
2. probably ur bin out of sec school for so long

so in my opinion, il say u stick to the original one and also be watchful of ur answers cos during the interview, wateva answer you gives automatically generates the next question. They normally dont ask for waec certificates except they smell sumtin fishy and then they would also get in touch with waec office to verify your document and presenting a fake makes them blacklist/ban you from entering the states.

freeman07:

@vandops,
Bro, howfar now, u no dey com YIM again??
Howfar we get yarns
@vandops, seadog406, Young M
U guys know the next step, so lets hook up and chat
@Young M
na our prayers (vandops, seadog, me) work for you. So u have to wash.
U, pick the date. We are ever-ready
YIM asap.
@Godpikin
Goodluck to you.
Prayer is the master key
@all going for interview
Pls Pls Pls, take time to read this thread from pg 1- 88. It will really help to build your confidence wen u get to the embassy/consulate.
I know how i was before joining this thread.
Read this thread thoroughly, like its an exam,
Remember Heaven/God helps only those that help themselves.

lol, u sure?

seadog406:

I will like to ask,did you write any exam(TOEFL&SAT)?and forget about thinking Oluwole or watsoever,though the year is a red flag,but the chances of them asking you to bring your waec certificate are slim.when i went for my interview,i wasnt asked for my cert.Young M,Freeman and even Vandops wasnt asked, so just start praying to God Man,

lol, u forget say dat woman aske me for my waec,sat and toefl?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 25, 2010
@ House: Plsss I don't know what to do o. A house member helped me pay my SEVIS fee since last wednesday but it's still not reflected on the site uptill now (9days). I'm really getting worried o. What's your advice plssss? The waiting is getting too long.

@Djunit1: How did you pay it, considering that they've banned Nigeria from using master or credit card?

God help us all!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 8:54am On Jun 25, 2010
God pikin:

@ House: Plsss I don't know what to do o. A house member helped me pay my SEVIS fee since last wednesday but it's still not reflected on the site uptill now (9days). I'm really getting worried o. What's your advice plssss? The waiting is getting too long.

@Djunit1: How did you pay it, considering that they've banned Nigeria from using master or credit card?

God help us all!

and whats the house member's name?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lamex22: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2010
@House,thanks for all your previous comments
I have a slight challenge the date of birth on my BA transcript is 1980 while that on my international passport,GMAT and TOEFL is 1979.
I hope this will not raise issues at the embassy
and What can I do about it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2010
@ Vandops: Plssss, I don't want to raise eyebrows here. He's a very good member of the house. I suspect there's a problem. He said he has paid and expects it to have reflected. He replies my mails and even promised to call this weekend.

Anyway to confirm this person, I heard he helped you, seadogs, fagbon01 and others in paying the same SEVIS fee. His email add is val2rhyme@yahoo.com.

If you can confirm this email address, then I'm sure that I'm in safe hands. I don't doubt if he has paid it. But I'm really really worried. Waiting for 9days now when the site said 3 days no be joke at all.

God help us all!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:36am On Jun 25, 2010
God pikin:

@ Vandops: Plssss, I don't want to raise eyebrows here. He's a very good member of the house. I suspect there's a problem. He said he has paid and expects it to have reflected. He replies my mails and even promised to call this weekend.

Anyway to confirm this person, I heard he helped you, seadogs, fagbon01 and others in paying the same SEVIS fee. His email add is val2rhyme@yahoo.com.

If you can confirm this email address, then I'm sure that I'm in safe hands. I don't doubt if he has paid it. But I'm really really worried. Waiting for 9days now when the site said 3 days no be joke at all.

God help us all!

lol, okay, though i paid thru my aunt in the states but he did help others with their payment and am sure he has paid yours, maybe SEVIS are yet to update.lets keep our fingers crossed

lamex22:

@House,thanks for all your previous comments
I have a slight challenge the date of birth on my BA transcript is 1980 while that on my international passport,GMAT and TOEFL is 1979.
I hope this will not raise issues at the embassy
and What can I do about it

how come of late nw, peeps are bringing up this mistakes, lamex, wuld ask hw cme u dint use same DOB of ur bachelors on the gmat/toefl?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lamex22: 9:45am On Jun 25, 2010
@vandops,i had already registered for the GMAT and TOEFL before i got a copy of my transcripts.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 10:00am On Jun 25, 2010
lamex22:

@vandops,i had already registered for the GMAT and TOEFL before i got a copy of my transcripts.

thats cos when u were admitted, that was your DOB on the documents you gave the school.since you are going for your masters programme, ul probably be asked for your transcripts bt il jst advice you go with all the documents and pray for favour and if they are to ask and see the difference jst xplain the situation as it is and DONT LIE
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by lamex22: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2010
@vandops,thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.