Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,645 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546979 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2010
Thanks fagbon, I really appreciate you. God will grant us testimonies as he did for others.
I will be waiting for your email about Nethacker's email add
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2Rich4U(m): 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Pittbaby - thanks again for your info, I got an admission and 1-20 for him. Interview is scheduled for Abuja next week. I will be back to update on how it goes.

Thanks all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by frankike1: 8:28am On Jun 15, 2010
[size=14pt]I appreciate u all for keeping this thread afloat. Pls I want to write GMAT. Anybody with information on how to contact good lecture centres in Lagos should tell me. Those of u that wrote it pls tell me how u did it. If u have material that will be useful to me please forward it to my email: mrbones4real@yahoo.com. God bless u all[/size][/size][/size]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by emor: 11:11am On Jun 15, 2010
Dear USVisa Applicant,

Getting a USVisa as a First time Visitor to the UK

or even USA, Canada, Dubai, China, or Shegen destinations, could be a daunting experience when you do not have the right information at your finger tips.This where traveling agent take advantage on Nigerians who want better lives abroad

Personally, I know what it is for your visa application

to be rejected twice in a row and the exhilarations

of being given on the third attempt; due to very minute information details!

So, you should be confident that you would be working

closely with professionals who feel your pain, anxiety

and sense of despair when it comes

to getting your Visa application right - the very first time!

Don't spend a dime on visa agent who just there for selfish reasons

Get your hand on manuals on up to date information on how to travell to the US,UK and get a Shegen (that allows you to travel to 23 countries with just one visa) how to get your UK visa in 21 day

GET ONE OF THESE MANUALS AND GET ONE FOR FREE

andyehimare@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by emor: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2010
Dear USVisa Applicant,

Getting a USVisa as a First time Visitor to the UK

or even USA, Canada, Dubai, China, or Shegen destinations, could be a daunting experience when you do not have the right information at your finger tips.This where traveling agent take advantage on Nigerians who want better lives abroad

Personally, I know what it is for your visa application

to be rejected twice in a row and the exhilarations

of being given on the third attempt; due to very minute information details!

So, you should be confident that you would be working

closely with professionals who feel your pain, anxiety

and sense of despair when it comes

to getting your Visa application right - the very first time!

Don't spend a dime on visa agent who just there for selfish reasons

Get your hand on manuals on up to date information on how to travell to the US,UK and get a Shegen (that allows you to travel to 23 countries with just one visa) how to get your UK visa in 21 day

GET ONE OF THESE MANUALS AND GET ONE FOR FREE

andyehimare@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
As is the tradition of the thread.
Here are my interview questions,
There were three consulars attending on that day.
A nice woman (angel)
A fairly Harsh Guy
and  A very harsh guy.
I was with vandops . He got the nice lady and the next available consular was the fairly harsh guy.
This is how my Miracle interview went, I mean, this guy drilled me,

Consular: NEXT APPLICANT
*walks up to the cubicle (this was the guy that rejected vandops), heart beating fast*
Me: Goodmorning ,  doesnt answer
Me: Goodmorning ,  doesnt answer  *i don enter this one today oooo*

Consular: Can i have your documents (P, I20, Sevis, DSconfirmation)
Me: Gave him

Consular: *asking sarcastically* what do you want to go do in the US?
Me: To study

Consular: To study
Me: *stammering* to study, Master of science in information systems.

Consular: what is information Systems?
Me: Told him

Consular: what is a network?

Consular: tell me ways to secure a WiFi network

Consular: what is your highest degree
Me: B.Sc

Consular: so you are going for a second Bsc
Me: NO, am going for my masters ( he was just testing me)

Consular: So what was you undergraduate project in?

Consular: Pls explain
Me: Explained Vividly

Consular: How did you hear about this school?
Me: online research

Consular: any website?
Me: yeah peterson's.com

Consular: looking in a quizzled manner
Me: I spell it out  P E T E R S O N S .com

Consular: what do they do, Petersons.com
Me:they review schools

Consular: ok, petersons.com review alot of schools, why this school in particular
Me: affordable to my sponsor

Consular: who is sponsoring you
Me: told him

Consulaar: where does she work?

Consular: can i have the statements?
Me: hands it over

Consular: *looks at the statement forup to 1minute* So you mean your sponsor is willing to spend this much on you?
Me: Yes she is

Consular: How much is your tuition fees

Consular: I mean for the whole duration of your studies
Me: Quickly Calculates aloud,    Told him

Consular: How old are you?

Consular:Where do you work?
Me: i dont work

Consular: You dont work
Me:I just finished my youth service in march

Consular: Do you have any siblings, what are their ages

Consular: are they in the US?

Consular: where do they work?
Me;I told him

Consular: typing, typing, typing,

Consular: Hands over my I20 and a ticket, pick your visa at this address

I was really stressed out, God pass am.

*This guy was looking was looking for the slightest excuse to reject me, though he found, but GOD was with me and he had no choice but to issue me the visa*
NOTE: only documents asked for was
I20 Passport
financial documents.

Gods Favour in action.
Wish others the best of luck
Put all trust in GOD.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS freeman07!!! Na God do am. That same God go do own own too and we go come share our testimonies for here just as you don do. Amen

Once again, Congrats!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
Congrats Freeman 07. Is that your surname? Did you go to covenant?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2010
@2gud
No, was in LAG.
Congrats on your Visa too.
Na God
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2010
HI FOLKS, I THINK WE NEED TO STATE SPECIFICALLY IF WE GOING FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES OR GRADUATE, THINK MOST FOLKS HERE ARE FOR UNDERGRADUATE, HENCE SOMEONE SAYING SAYING GRE IS FOR ENGINEERS, WELL ME I HAD 1200+IN GRE BUT WIT ALMOST PERFECT QUANT SCORE, SURE THIS IS FAIR ENUFF, IF WE STATE WHAT CLASS OF STUDENT IT MAKES IT EASIER, JUST MY THOTS THOUGH,
PLS I AM GOING FOR GRADUATE STUDIES, @ FREEMAN, DID U GO WITH UR TRANSCRIPTS? ALSO I AM WORKING NOWW, WHAT DO I NEED TO SHOW THEM, WHAT COULD THEY POSSIBLY ASK FOR A WORKING CLASS, INTEND TAKING A A STUDY LEAVE LETTER , IS THIS OK
PEOPLE LET ME KNOW UR THOTS,

, ALSO I NEED TO PAY FOR SEVIS TOO, NETHACKER, PLS HOLLA @ UR PEEPS OH,
OVERALL HOUSE KEEP THA FLAG FLYING
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
frank_ike:

[size=14pt]I appreciate u all for keeping this thread afloat. Pls I want to write GMAT. Anybody with information on how to contact good lecture centres in Lagos should tell me. Those of u that wrote it pls tell me how u did it. If u have material that will be useful to me please forward it to my email: mrbones4real@yahoo.com. God bless u all[/size][/size][/size]

FRANK I TOOK GRE, COS GMAT IF FOR THOSE GOING TO BIZ SCH(I.E MBA ETC) BUT U CAN CHECK OUT FIRST LOGIC CENTERS, NOT SURE THOUGH, BUT JUST GOOGLE THEM UP,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
@Dasleeky,
Yea, i went with transcripts and GRE.
He didnt ask for them though.
Show Your work ID, Letter from employer,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 4:00am On Jun 16, 2010
^^^pls can u stop typing in CAPS?
Many thanks.
smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 6:03am On Jun 16, 2010
@Dasleeky
I get insider for Records office.
I go hook u up for YIM.
But I think u can tell the consular just that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 6:08am On Jun 16, 2010
freeman07:

@Dasleeky
I get insider for Records office.
I go hook u up for YIM.
But I think u can tell the consular just that.

freeman da james bond, lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:13am On Jun 16, 2010
gongo aso:

^^^pls can u stop typing in CAPS?
Many thanks.
smiley
Gosh, i thought it was only me that was seeing that.Typing in Caps is kinda rude
Some even type in SMS mode like think to fnk and stupid stuff like that. grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 6:41am On Jun 16, 2010
^^^LOL

grin cheesy grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2010
House please advise me, hope being a nysc member (though concluding in Sept/Oct-batch C) wont affect me in anyway with the Consular officer. I plan to resume sch in late august, and will find a way to get a friend help collect my discharge cert in oct.

If consular officer should ask me about nysc, what do I tell him? U know- I trying to envisage all possible questions. Abeg make una advise. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 8:54am On Jun 16, 2010
@2gd,
Its not agood idea if the consular finds out that you havnt finished service.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 9:16am On Jun 16, 2010
@ Freeman07.I guess your last post was meant for the God pikin, not 2gd.

wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2010
2gd:

@ Freeman07.I guess your last post was meant for the God pikin, not 2gd.

wink

right

God pikin:

House please advise me, hope being a nysc member (though concluding in Sept/Oct-batch C) wont affect me in anyway with the Consular officer. I plan to resume sch in late august, and will find a way to get a friend help collect my discharge cert in oct.

If consular officer should ask me about nysc, what do I tell him? U know- I trying to envisage all possible questions. Abeg make una advise. Thanks

Its either you are done with it or you are yet to go, dont lie o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 16, 2010
@ Freeman07: Thanks, I already included it in my application under the work section, for the fear that saying "unemployed" might not sound well. I guess I would simply be silent about it. And if CO should ask me, I will simply say the truth, that it's just 1 month left and I've written to nysc for consideration.

What's your take about this or what do u advice?

There's nothing beyond God!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2010
God pikin:

@ Freeman07: Thanks, I already included it in my application under the work section, for the fear that saying "unemployed" might not sound well. I guess I would simply be silent about it. And if CO should ask me, I will simply say the truth, that it's just 1 month left and I've written to nysc for consideration.

What's your take about this or what do u advice?

There's nothing beyond God!

unemployed can be a bad tin if its bin a long tym u left sec sch. since you have included it in your application, just tell things the way they are,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 9:43am On Jun 16, 2010
@God pikin.
Femiflukis had the same problem as you. he said he didnt include Nysc in his application. But cases are different. Its up to you, the consular and God. I suggest you pray. No be the one wey den go ask u for your discharge certificate oooo. Pray bro, since u have filled your ds160. Sometimes all we need is to tell the truth. But u r really complicating the issues.
I actually filled two ds160 forms. i found a mistake in my previous one, called vfs for advice and i filled a new one three days to interview. Pray and weigh your options, God might reveal something to you.
The best thing now is that the consular overlooks that. I dont think consulars are that bothered about NYSC status though.
Anybody had Nysc issues here? should come out and advice oooooo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2010
Thanks so much. I don't even wish they ask for it. I pray for God's favour. And by His grace, I will come share my testimony here just as u guys (freeman07, vandops, seadogs and others) have done. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 10:44am On Jun 16, 2010
@all pls hw much does GRE exam cost abeg. In LAG or ABJ excluding cost of books, Pls hlp
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2010
@electronic
GRE, N35,500. fluctuates, depends on dollar exchange.
Pay in Naira at First Logic Centre, Oba Akran, Lagos
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2010
hey guys, i have been reading your posts, i resigned from my job some two weeks ago, i have filled my DS 160 and I indicated UNEMPLOYED, my interview comes up this week friday. I know its only God's favour that will see me through, what do y'all think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2010
@freeman tnx ooh! And best of luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2vanx: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2010
I will be going for my interview on August 11, Please I need to know the kind of questions I will be ask and the documents I need to go with.

Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by thebaft: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2010
Can I present a bank statement that is 6 weeks old at the US embassy? I've printed my statement, but I had to reschedule my interview by five weeks away. Can I still present the same statement or do I have to print another one. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.