Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

The End Is Near. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End Is Near. (5340 Views)

Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / My Time To Judge The World Is Near - Olumba Olumba Obu / The End Of Islam Is Near (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End Is Near. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:
Lol. I'm not against all you've said at all at all.

Clearly you're on the right path as I am (what a privilege) and we'll make it to the end by His grace. But many would still refuse to believe no matter what and yes it doesn't stop us from spreading the good news because there are still some others who would be ready to receive the gospel with open hearts.

So, what church are you a member of if you don't mind?

Assemblies of God church.
Re: The End Is Near. by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Blossom023:

Assemblies of God church.

The church/denomination of the 'dangerous' men and women of God. That's good. Keep the fire burning!

1 Like

Re: The End Is Near. by Tjayjosh(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Blossom023:

God has already seen the end and he knows those that will end up there. But it those not stop us from spreading the gospel. Honestly he didn't make hell for sinners. He prepared it for satan but over time after seeing the evil in the world he made it for those who do not want to listen.
Those who'd spend eternity in hell, do so because they rejected God's love and his provision for salvation. Unfortunately, people who once followed christ will abandon biblical truth and reject true faith in christ. for the "rebellion" will occur. 2Th 2:3-4. We need to be fervent in praying and in the study of the word of God.

2 Likes

Re: The End Is Near. by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
@Blossom023

"God has already seen the end and he knows those that will end up there."

I didn't pay attention to this earlier but that's not a right assertion ma'am. When I was growing, and I was told that God knows those that would end up in heaven or hell already (just like you said), I was like seriously? That means I'm wasting my time going to church now if I'm still going to end up In hell: why not let me live my life anyhow I want to? Do you get? I know I'm not the only one to have thought that way. I'm sure it's the reason why a lot of
people have erred too.

In God's plan, it's very possible for everyone to make heaven. But since He gave man free-will, we can make decisions that would not lead us there. Let me explain, if you were to make two choices between 'a' and 'b', and any choice you make is final, God knows what's going to occur next after you choose 'a'. If you choose 'b', He knows what's going to occur next after you choose 'b'. It doesn't mean He knows what choice exactly you'll make (since He gave us free-will), but He knows every single outcome of every decision/choice we make.

That's why if a man is close to God, and maybe (for instance) one day that man was about to board a bus, He'll tell the man not to board the bus. Why? Because He knows that the man may die in an accident entering that particular bus or maybe he would be robbed in the bus. But that same man might decide to shun God, and board the bus anyway maybe because that's the only available bus, and he'll suffer the consequences of disobeying. Or rather, he might listen, miss that bus and then board another one only to discover the bus he missed, because he obeyed God, experienced something terrible.

So yes, God is Omniscient, He knows all things, but not in the way you said it. Besides, if He already knows who will end up where, what's the point trying to change that by preaching the gospel to someone already 'destined' for hell? But by God's grace, no one is destined for hell, and so long as an unbeliever is alive, it's never too late for him/her to come to the knowledge of the truth and get saved, so we mustn't cease witnessing! I hope you'll get. smiley

1 Like

Re: The End Is Near. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
I meant that he knows people will still not believe, but he will use people to reach out to people. Its in the Bible. thanks tho
Re: The End Is Near. by sthugo: 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth..

Who understands the mystery of the truth of these two related scriptures that goes with a promise?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A True Life Story Of How Atheist Like Me Met Jesus / Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? / Finally, Life Is Synthesized In A Lab.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.