Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries (21101 Views)

Thugs Clash With Journalists At Kwara High Court (Photos) / Obasanjo With JournalIsts In Victoria, Seychelles, East Africa (PICS) / Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Supporters Clash With Journalists Over Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by pabostt: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
ABUJA—But for self-restraint, journalists covering activities at the National Secretariat of All Progressives Congress, APC, would have had a showdown with Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, who seemed ready to go physical with them.
This development followed enquiries on the outcome of a closed-door meeting between some APC governors and National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.
The governors present included Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Abubakar Bello (Niger), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo) and Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi).

Gov Ajimobi
They had stormed the party secretariat immediately after their meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari to confer with Oyegun and other members of the party’s National Working Committee.
Sources said the meeting was not unconnected to the issue of unpaid salaries and the crisis rocking the party, following the recent elections of new leaders of the National Assembly.
However, reacting to questions of what transpired at the meeting with Oyegun, Ajimobi, who apparently was not comfortable with the question, asked journalists their names and their media.
He was later to shout at the top of his voice: “I don’t know any of these media houses. So, I can’t talk.”
Some of the media represented at the party secretariat included Thisday, Telegraph, Vision FM, Leadership, Blueprint, Newsdairy, Lagos Television station, Galaxy TV, The Tide, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, and the Niche, among others.
Speaking further in Yourba language, the governor said: “I know what they want is money. Call me one of my aides to find something for them. I don’t have time for any comment.”
The journalists, upset at what some of them described as a behaviour unbecoming of a governor, ignored him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ajimobi-clashes-with-journalists-over-questions-on-unpaid-salaries-nass-crisis/

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Acekidc4(m): 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by gregg2: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Agbero governor

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Meiji(m): 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Speaking further in Yourba language, the governor said: “I know what they want is money. Call me one of my aides to find something for them. I don’t have time for any comment.”
The journalists, upset at what some of them described as a behaviour unbecoming of a governor, ignored him.

Very disgusting comment, if true. "Find something for them"? Arggh...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by UnknownT: 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
I guess he only knows TVC and Sahara Reporters lipsrsealed

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by importexpert(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
mr governor watch ur words before they refire

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by tswitch: 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
Change!

Hahahhaha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by tociano009(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by scribble: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Empty Head Governors Tinubu Lackeys That Dont Know How To Exist Outside Federal Allocations

A SHAME!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by exemen: 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
NA WA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by AKMoney1(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
undecided
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by ALAYORMII: 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
What a shame

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by hotgunz(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
He has money to say " find sumtin for dem " bt can't pay s workers salary

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by jadoly(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by princeduke2013: 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Rilwayne001: 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
importexpert:
mr governor watch ur words before they refire

And if he doesn't?
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
4king change, APC is sh*t

4 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by darmochy1(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Although I've not confirmed it but Ajimobi can say worse than that.

The man has no manners when it comes to talking to people.

33 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Williamso(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
All these our politicians know little or nothing about diplomacy!!

But our media houses are gradually going to the dustbin. How does this:
“I don’t know any of these media houses. So, I can’t talk.”
....... “I know what they want is money. Call me one of my aides to find something for them. I don’t have time for any comment.”
relate with this:
But for self-restraint, journalists covering activities at the National Secretariat of All Progressives Congress, APC, would have had a showdown with Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, who seemed ready to go physical with them.

13 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by jamex93(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
grin grin
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by zpakln(f): 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
he's i
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
U
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by demmy0325(m): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
So what are the meetings for..? undecided
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Rexphobia(m): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Well, journalists generally speaking also are to blame. He won't have said that if some *fake journalists haven't approached him for such.

Anything for the boys?

But the crop of leaders we have in this country sha

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by gerrardomendes(m): 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
ok
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Adesiji77: 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
angry
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Jobabori(m): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
He is well known for this kind of utterances. An arrogant and rude person.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by chibuezewilliam: 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
That was a bad statement coming from a state governor that he is

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
Lol

Ajimobi that i know does not mince words o...he says everything aloud ....

Sometime ago When he wasnt yet a governor, i took a letter of invitation to his house and he was having an outdoor meeting with some politicians...i simply greeted and handed the letter to an aide....then he said...

"what is in that letter o, open it, invitation from where, i know it is money they want....they invite you for lecture and start asking you to donate"

25 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by 360ng: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
lol
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by writetopoker: 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
All d govnor knw is moni, tufiakwa
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by ifyan(m): 11:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
Journalists and their wahala.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Federal High Court Restrains INEC From Accepting Any Candidates From Riv / Gunmen Attack Kogi INEC-REC At His Residence In Lokoja (Photo) / Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.