Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries (21127 Views)

Thugs Clash With Journalists At Kwara High Court (Photos) / Obasanjo With JournalIsts In Victoria, Seychelles, East Africa (PICS) / Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Supporters Clash With Journalists Over Images (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 25, 2015
One thing about governor Ajimobi is that with all his education and exposure, you can never take away the Ibadan man in him from him...... He knows how to talk to anybody anyhow.......ask Rashidi Ladoja, he got a dose of Ajimobi loud mouth during the run up to the last election

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Reference(m): 6:18am On Jun 25, 2015
stinggy:

Do you mind that uncouth man that calls himself governor?

As silly as arrogant a man.

You're very right. The way he talks to civil servants, you'll think he pays salary with his personal money.

At the end of the day democracy is all about the peoples choice. If poor quality leaders are elected then the judgement of the people must be called to question. No complaints. All I see is poor quality followership. Ignorant people driven more by rhetoric than by research. Is it not the same mouth he campaigned with to the admiration of the people.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by hannysur8(m): 6:34am On Jun 25, 2015
gregg2:
Agbero governor

How dare u call a Governor like Ajimobi Agbero.....do u think this report is true?
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Hope15: 6:41am On Jun 25, 2015
hannysur8:

How dare u call a Governor like Ajimobi Agbero.....do u think this report is true?
Do you think it is not true?

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Donvic4u(m): 6:59am On Jun 25, 2015
Just pay the salaries na be my concern ...

Uncensored news right from the source Visit www.justgist.net for Latest Happenings around you
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by IBBG(m): 7:05am On Jun 25, 2015
Is it not d same media dey used as their attack dog during d last administration? Now dey can't withstand their criticism. Do unto others wat u will have dem do unto you.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Olofintoto(m): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2015
laurel03:
..... Ajimobi worst past Fayose when talking.... He does not know how to talk
This is true. Ajimobi is worst at talking.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by nkyblast(f): 7:21am On Jun 25, 2015
If actually ajimobi made ds comment hmmm den dre is prblm,they re talking about unpaid workers salaries,he is looking at journalist as being hungry,like "ds dogs re hungry pls throw food at them so dey stop barking".
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by adenijiayo(m): 7:22am On Jun 25, 2015
The one reason why Ibadan people did not want this man to be re-elected is the way he talks. He is arrogant and proud.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Okikiade(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
darmochy1:
Although I've not confirmed it but Ajimobi can say worse than that.

The man has no manners when it comes to talking to people.
Ajimobi has graduate from state's verbosity to the federal foul-mouthed! Indeed, changing level from rubbising OYO STATE's peoples to turn pressmen to crumb-collectors! All I need to say to them in YORUBA is "E PELE O, EIYE SESE NJADE BO L'APO NI! More degradation still coming, you ain't see nothing!
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by AdeniyiA(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
Second term for our governors makes them always misbehave
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by jvincent(m): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by jvincent(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by tonychristopher: 7:36am On Jun 25, 2015
pabostt:
ABUJA—But for self-restraint, journalists covering activities at the National Secretariat of All Progressives Congress, APC, would have had a showdown with Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State, who seemed ready to go physical with them.
This development followed enquiries on the outcome of a closed-door meeting between some APC governors and National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.
The governors present included Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Abubakar Bello (Niger), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo) and Atiku Bagudu (Kebbi).

Gov Ajimobi
They had stormed the party secretariat immediately after their meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari to confer with Oyegun and other members of the party’s National Working Committee.
Sources said the meeting was not unconnected to the issue of unpaid salaries and the crisis rocking the party, following the recent elections of new leaders of the National Assembly.
However, reacting to questions of what transpired at the meeting with Oyegun, Ajimobi, who apparently was not comfortable with the question, asked journalists their names and their media.
He was later to shout at the top of his voice: “I don’t know any of these media houses. So, I can’t talk.”
Some of the media represented at the party secretariat included Thisday, Telegraph, Vision FM, Leadership, Blueprint, Newsdairy, Lagos Television station, Galaxy TV, The Tide, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN, and the Niche, among others.
Speaking further in Yourba language, the governor said: “I know what they want is money. Call me one of my aides to find something for them. I don’t have time for any comment.”
The journalists, upset at what some of them described as a behaviour unbecoming of a governor, ignored him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/ajimobi-clashes-with-journalists-over-questions-on-unpaid-salaries-nass-crisis/

An Oshogbo - based teacher during a class session:
TEACHER: Who is the President of Nigeria?
CHILDREN: (They all chorused) Lamido Sanusi
TEACHER: Correct! Who is the Minister of Defence?
CHILDREN: Asari Dokubo!
TEACHER: Who is the governor of OSUN State?
CHILDREN: Jimi Agbaje
TEACHER: Good! What is the capital city of Nigeria?
CHILDREN: Enugu
TEACHER: Very good! Who composed the National Anthem?
CHILDREN: D-Banj and 2Face
TEACHER: What do you call people from Moscow?
CHILDREN: Mosquitoes!
TEACHER: Perfect! How much is 2+5?
CHILDREN: 25!
TEACHER: That's great! You're going to remain like this until Aregbesola pays my salary!!

This is when you have owo mi da as a governor
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Baboo13(m): 7:45am On Jun 25, 2015
darmochy1:
Although I've not confirmed it but Ajimobi can say worse than that.

The man has no manners when it comes to talking to people.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by bayusdipe(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2015
I don't want to believe this is tue abt him
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by tete7000(m): 8:01am On Jun 25, 2015
If not for immunity clause, he would have been sued for defamation of character. What did he mean by they want money, find something for them? He should substantiate his claim in law court. Nonsense grin
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Okikiade(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

An Oshogbo - based teacher during a class session:
TEACHER: Who is the President of Nigeria?
CHILDREN: (They all chorused) Lamido Sanusi
TEACHER: Correct! Who is the Minister of Defence?
CHILDREN: Asari Dokubo!
TEACHER: Who is the governor of OSUN State?
CHILDREN: Jimi Agbaje
TEACHER: Good! What is the capital city of Nigeria?
CHILDREN: Enugu
TEACHER: Very good! Who composed the National Anthem?
CHILDREN: D-Banj and 2Face
TEACHER: What do you call people from Moscow?
CHILDREN: Mosquitoes!
TEACHER: Perfect! How much is 2+5?
CHILDREN: 25!
TEACHER: That's great! You're going to remain like this until Aregbesola pays my salary!!

This is when you have owo mi da as a governor

Chai, this one na "kandaha" teaching of the highest order! #owo oju eegun...
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by eginacyril(m): 8:15am On Jun 25, 2015
he is being intoxicated by the power of money...it is only in nigeria that such thing does happen. what did he mean by that?:hmmm! we are beginning to c d change they promised
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by beyoncausme: 8:29am On Jun 25, 2015
pay them their money....
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by ewosk: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2015
where d aide make.e. come give d money to us wen dey oyo state...
AJIMOBI come settle me d money u owing jare....
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by logica(m): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2015
Exactly how this concerns the Igbo commenters I see here is beyond me.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by redsun(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2015
How could he have been voted back in even when his gross incompetence was quite glaring in his first term as a governor?

The people deserves the leaders they get. They in retarded hooligans and expect them to act as dutiful saints in office.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by bikefab(m): 8:58am On Jun 25, 2015
Speaking further in Yourba language, the governor said: “I know what they want is money. Call me one of my aides to find something for them. I don’t have time for any comment.”
Arrgghh...Stomach wrenching. The kind of people that assume leadership positions in this country drag us donkey-years beneath civilisation. They're d bane of our society.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by JJCE(m): 9:00am On Jun 25, 2015
gregg2:
Agbero governor
before u call someone agbero try to surpass their record, goggled his name to know much about him.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by Rexyl(m): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2015
JJCE:
before u call someone agbero try to surpass their record, goggled his name to know much about him.

Matters arising! But that kind of response was so annoying, making someone to look into position and responsibility of those entrusted with leadership role.
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by holajeedayy: 9:35am On Jun 25, 2015
Why are you complaining ,this is one of the change u clamoured for

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by mikolo80: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Meiji:

Very disgusting comment, if true. "Find something for them"? Arggh...
yep ...it is disgusting but..is he lying..is it not true that our jouralists would sell us out for brown envelopes
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by mikolo80: 11:19am On Jun 25, 2015
gregg2:
Agbero governor
yep..voted..TWICE by his people..says somthing about the voters does'nt it
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by jide09(m): 11:24am On Jun 25, 2015
Can you imagine, dis' Asise gbogbo wa ni oo'. Governor, u are going very soon
Re: Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries by komek(m): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2015
soe:
Lol

Ajimobi that i know does not mince words o...he says everything aloud ....

Sometime ago When he wasnt yet a governor, i took a letter of invitation to his house and he was having an outdoor meeting with some politicians...i simply greeed and handed the letter to an aide....then he said...

"what is in that letter o, open it, invitation from where, i know it is money they want....they invite you for lecture and start asking you to donate"

This got me laughing... An average OYO man is like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor / October 1st, Independence Day In Your Area (Live Updates) / How Buhari Resisted Urge To Rig Anambra Election – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.