|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,713,129 members, 6,409,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 July 2021 at 06:29 PM
|How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Nmeri17: 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2015|
Disclaimer: if you are allergic to reading long posts, you might want to go back to the previous page at this juncture or simply scroll to the comments section. But I don’t see how you intend to be in a LONG term relationship and be scared of LONG posts I digress
I used to be in a lot of those 3-3 days relationships. If I place a small kettle of water on fire, before the water boils, I’ve already received a breakup text. So I intend to share what I have done differently in my present relationship that has made it so durable. As a matter of fact, we are about celebrating our silver jubilee. *straight face
1) Self sacrifice: No one expects you to catch a grenade for your partner. If someone throws a grenade at your girl, scamper for safety and just know her time has come. Her soul will watch over you. By self sacrifice, I mean, be ready to let go of things you consider your partner more important than. Take Annie Idibia for instance; do you think she is happy about the fact that her hubby is polymonogamous Hell no! But she has sacrificed her pride
2) Do not be a debtor: This point includes but is not limited to monetary debts. By debts I mean being in a relationship with kingsley and on every date, kingsley stays paying the bills. So you’re already showing him that your primary mission in life is to be an ‘oriaku’. This take-take character spreads to care and affection, bedmatics and other parts of a relationship. The person you have been receiving from will eventually run out of said commodity and when that deficiency sets in, your relationship will be set for the rocks. The prevention for this is to give in approximately same measure as thou hast received. Amen??
3) Be ambitious: Set ambitious goals and pursue them. Take it from me, no lady will love to hang around for long with a guy that spends all his time gaming or surfing the net looking for free browsing tweaks. Same goes for girls; no one will like to hang out for long with a person that spends all her time double tapping all the dope pictures on instagram. The other person might not say it, but they have it at the back of their minds. The day your cup will full, they’ll break up with you like “I don’t see this relationship taking us anywhere. I don’t want to sound mean but you lack focus and ambition. Ordinary nursing exam, you have rewritten 4 times now. Honestly I’m tired of this relationship”. Then you will cry and go and commit suicide.
4) Don’t get too comfortable: Ask yourself if you take your partner for granted most times. I think we cherish things we consider valuable. The Holy Bible says ‘let he that standeth take heed lest he fall’. So because she told you those things, girls say after mind blowing sex and now you feel you can do as you like? Please think again. As a young lady, you have thrown away the binoculars you have been using to watch your weight when the relationship was still fresh. Madam please go and pick those binoculars and continue watching.
5) Hoard Occasionally: Guys, hoard the dotting/attention and requests granting! Girls, hoard the punny! Read my lips – for there to be mutual respect, you better hoard whatever your selling point is, so you don’t give the other person room to take you for granted. If you have been “checking up on her” six times a day, better reduce it to one. How can you check up on someone six times bro? That’s gazing. When you call the fifth time, you should say something like “hey I called just to let you know we’re watching you. We are watching round the clock so beware!!”. Sometimes, don’t even check at all, just take a sneak peak and go your way. Thank me later.
6) Achieve: The world loves a winner. Once you’re excellent at something (even if it’s robbery), it is unlikely that anyone would want anything to go wrong between you and them – naturally. When you achieve a lot (or maybe something tangible at least), it’s a lot like insurance; if the other person ever wants to leave, they remember they’re leaving the best and would have to settle for less. Your partner enjoys those songs of praise others in your field of dominion offer you even more than you do. Last bullet = strive for excellence!!
7) Communicate: Last and the least on my list is communication. Least because I think even toddlers know this. If you don’t, then I strongly suggest you are stripped of whatever partners you have acquired. Nevertheless it is very important as well. Personally, I would recommend having your best friend as your partner. The gossiping, sharing of victories and disappointments, jokes cracking and twilight to daylight discussions you both would have if you were each other’s bestie, goes a long way in bonding you both in ways you won’t even believe. Keep it lively. Understand the other person and listen to what they say when they’re not talking.
Is there anyone else in the house celebrating their silver or diamond jubilee? Feel free to share any points I missed
3 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Pineapp: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2015|
What a vision in this century. Like seriously
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by tenderlaw(m): 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2015|
Front page material. This land is not for sale.
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2015|
Op is so right... only if d youths of nairaland wud learn... Nigeria wud be a better place... Wen it comes to relationships pple tend to take deir natural iq into it.. thinkin dat tins wud work out well.. which is quite insane... let's try out new tins.. read journals... I recommend Askmen.com for d guys nd precisely any site dat tends to relate to d day to day upkeep for d ladies....
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by decode55(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2015|
Nmeri77 my man.
Nice points; Nice thread.
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by decode55(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2015|
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Tapout(m): 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2015|
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by tuoyoojo(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2015|
na the koko be this. he that has 2 ears make him hear.....
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Ndoz(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2015|
nice write up
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by classiclee(m): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2015|
To be sincere I didn't read it all I heard to take the points,thanks well listened
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Nmeri17: 8:06am On Jun 26, 2015|
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Mhizkel(f): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2015|
The Op already listed my contributions.Lemme quickly add these:
1. Keep communication open.
2. Never invite a third partner to settle your differences.
3 .If you had a fight, don't allow a day pass by before settling it.Try as much as possible to settle it that same day. Grudges extends each day. And when partners lives with grudges, then the relationship is very much at stake.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by decode55(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2015|
These days Nigerian females don't deserve this sorta loyalty. They're just after the guy with the fatter pocket.
Fvck 'em; leave 'em
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Vyolet(f): 8:56am On Jun 26, 2015|
Why would anyone be doing in a relationship for so long,just get married already.
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by TrishaP(f): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2015|
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2015|
OP, ur post is making mad sense...
He that has ears, let him hear and heed to wah he/she hears!
|Re: How To Be In A Relationship For Up to Two Years And Above by decode55(m): 11:42am On Nov 11, 2015|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91