Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor (40299 Views)

New Photo & Look Of Celestine Omehia, Former Governor Of Rivers State / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / Wike Restores Omehia's Entitlements As Former Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by laurel03(m): 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by anwo247: 8:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
That's the people's governor.
Governance without hate!

I've this uncontrollable urge to slap some people here and they are these APC e-rats.

Carry on Wike.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by misterchris(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
Sure boy
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by gunuvi(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
franchizy:
I'm a PDP supporter but I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it.
There is no provision in the constitution where a governor whose tenure was nullified can be recognized as a former governor with all benefits and entitlements reinstated.
Nyesom is a lawyer and I'm shocked he does not know what the law says.
A shame
what of military presidents that were overthrown by coup. my brother go and sit down

6 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by martineverest(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
Stupidity of d highest order
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by johnnybims: 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
undecidedFailure leaders,fail generations
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mrvitalis(m): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiloper:

I'm a constitutional lawyer i support wike
Then u need to be disbarded

5 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by anwo247: 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
mrvitalis:

Then u need to be disbarded

So who was governor with that period? Could there be vacuum?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by ipreach: 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
Amaechi will be ashamed of himself now

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
I think wike is proving people wrong with the High level Intelligence he has displayed in the past few weeks.

Obiakpor man, carry go

2 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

And You have been hunting Amaechi and His aids all Over the place! Hypocrite!

It seems you're now schizophrenic... He set up judicial commission of inquiry which Amechi also did when he came in 2007 coupled with the fact that Amechi refused handing over officially...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/the-truth-about-my-battles-with-amaechi-wike/

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Tekzyflex(m): 8:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
ThankGod Amaechi is gone ooo....The era of impunity is over.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by rajoys: 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
franchizy:
There is no provision in the constitution where a governor whose tenure was nullified can be recognized as a former governor with all benefits and entitlements reinstated.
A shame

God bless u real good brother, there is no point politicizing wrong thing and make it look as if it is good.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by matinodgr8: 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
his mandate was nullified...how does it still make him a governor?

e no concern me sha

He was elected, whether nulified mandate or not. he took oath of office. shikena!!! good one d lion hrt Wine!

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by momentum85(m): 8:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiloper:

Pls on what grounds?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
mrvitalis:
Please let's call a spade a spade omehia is not a former Governor of rivers state according to the Nigerian constitution
And given him any right of a former Governor is wrong in every sense of it
This is impunity in the highest other and must be corrected by a court of law
Were are our constitutional lawyers it is now we need u

Is Ngige a former governor of Anambra state?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
. . . . . . . .not surprised, the thug like his paymaster (the jesus of okrika) bought his law degree. . . . . . . . . . .Wike has foolishly performed his first impeachment offense. . . . . . . . .the minion has gone against the constitution. . . . . . . . .another classic from a TANOID DULLARD. . . . . . .and we had this disaster as education minister?. . . . . . .no wonder fedora hat man was a failure

6 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Hafyz23(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
I'm in support if it's constitutional
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by timota(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
atlwireles:
Thanks for righting a wrong.
what is right, legalising illegality is it not the supreme court that desqualified omeha . This what led to the downfall of pdp in the federal
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Marotzke(m): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
la1:
in the eyes of the law, omehia does not exist as a former governor,.this is unconstitutional, paying him any benefits and entitlements will be illegal.
I wonder where you got the rationale to make these assertions. Omehia was not removed because of election malpractice. His removal was due to a pre election matter; who between Amaechi or Omehia was actually the PDP governorship candidate?

If in the eyes of the law The tenure of Omehia did not exist, how come Amaechi subjected himself to a fresh election when the tenure started by Omehia ended? He should have started on a clean slate like Peter Obi, Adams Oshiomole, Mimiko, Aregbese and co. Amaechi was just vindictive and minions like you supported his every move.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Atlantian: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
For those saying in the eyes of the law omehia is not recognized. It means between may 29th and October 2007 there was no governor in Rivers State. Very biased people apc members are. WIke is setting Amaechi up with more enemies. He will never live in Rivers without watching his back. The slowpoke called Amaechi did not even handover cos he carefully looted every coins left in the treasury.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mrvitalis(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

No
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mrvitalis(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
anwo247:

So who was governor with that period? Could there be vacuum?
That was ameachi?
That y he didn't spend extra time in office

2 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by kromoto: 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
franchizy:
A shame

What will you say about Ernest Shonekan?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by atlwireles: 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
[s]
timota:
what is right, legalising illegality is it not the supreme court that desqualified omeha . This what led to the downfall of pdp in the federal
[/s]
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by timota(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

no, the court nullified his regime

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by stpat1(m): 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
polilopat:

Stop being bitter!

Brother, but its the truth. Sentiments should not be allowed to ruin and contaminate legality. His emergence as a governor was illegal, nullified and voided. So why is Wike (Who ought to know better) trying to win favour and cheap popularity at the expense of tax payers?

4 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Otunbatrafford: 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
This Wike is just too lawless. Omehia that was removed by the Supreme Court. He should have vacated the seat for him to take over.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by tommykiwi(m): 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
chingum:
I am happy Wike is setting things right in my state.
Am as happy as u are sista,don't mind Ameachi. Rivers will be great again..

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Rotimi47: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
Ndlistic:
Rivers State Governor, NyesomEzenwo Wike has formally restored all the entitlements and benefits of Sir Celestine Omehia as a former Governor of the state.

Governor Wike on Thursday also formally reinstated the official portrait of Sir Celestine Omehia amongst the line-up offormer governors of Rivers State at the Government House, Port Harcourt Executive Council Chamber.

Performing the exercise, Governor Wike said that the decision to restore the entitlements and privileges of Omehia as former governor stemmed from the fact that he worked as governor of the state between May 29, 2007 and October 25, 2007, wherein he took decisions on behalf of the State and initiated projects.He said: “I hereby put back his official portrait among those of former governors. He is now entitled to the benefits of all former governors. ”

The governor said that the era of politics of bitterness in Rivers State was effectively over, noting that it was not rightto personalise governance as was done by the immediate past administration.Responding, former Governor of Rivers State, Sir Celestine Omehia described Thursday as the most historic day of his political career.

He said that the restoration of his rights as a former governor indicates that his dark political days are over.The event was witnessed by the Secretary to Rivers State Government, Kenneth Kobani, Rivers State Housing Commissioner, Barrister Emma Okah and the State Attorney-General, Chinwe Aguma.

Source:http://thenationonlineng.net/new/wike-restores-omehas-rights-as-former-governor/

pix: Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike restoring former Governor Sir Celestine Omehia's Portrait as former governor among the portrait of former governors at the Executive Council Chamber of Government House, Port Harcourt
Politics of bitterness! Wike what do you call the one you are practising? Friendly politics. I can see you're trying hard to win people like you over which is always the case; Omehia election was floored with irregularities likewise yours but since he occupied that office its OK that he is recognized and paid with Rivers money.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by timota(m): 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]
you ar scared of saying something
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Senjo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiloper:

ur reason for taking such decision?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protest In India Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria(photos) / See The New Look Of The Reconstruction And Upgrade of the Onikan Stadium - Pics / Senate Resumes Plenary With New Mace After Thugs Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.