Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor (40294 Views)

New Photo & Look Of Celestine Omehia, Former Governor Of Rivers State / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / Wike Restores Omehia's Entitlements As Former Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by formerlyMbulela: 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiloper:

I'm a constitutional lawyer i support wike
you must be a charge and bail lawyer
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by formerlyMbulela: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
franchizy:
I'm a PDP supporter but I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it.
There is no provision in the constitution where a governor whose tenure was nullified can be recognized as a former governor with all benefits and entitlements reinstated.
Nyesom is a lawyer and I'm shocked he does not know what the law says.
A shame

Funny enough, both Wike and Omehia are lawyers.
Shows you the level of lawlessness in the land.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
Focus on the masses that voted for u. I dont know what is wrong with the idiot leaders

Free Forex Signals
www.aheadmarket.com
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by kayzat: 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

And You have been hunting Amaechi and His aids all Over the place! Hypocrite!

Its like you don't understand his game? He know very well that he will not last on that seat but only trying to set a bad precedent so that he will continue enjoying all the entitlements of a former Governor by the time the tribunal boot his ass out.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by eleko1: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
Look @ Dem TANoids supporting impunity sad.Is Wike truly a Lawyer undecided sad,I doubt. Make he dey deceive himself.He'll taste Omeha fate soon. undecided

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by ibietela2(m): 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

And You have been hunting Amaechi and His aids all Over the place! [size=48pt]Hypocrite[/size]!

Nigerians are known to be that
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by azimibraun: 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
Just Imagine Wike as Ameachi's chief of staff and advicing Ameachi to do a thing like this and Ameachi saying NO and Wike taking it personal; just imagine ppl? Wike is on the daily showing why Ameachi couldn't put up with him. Thesame way Ameachi suggested that someone else apart from an Ikwere person be governor of Rivers state and that got Wike and Dame mad and the fought ameachi and making GEJ hate him. Wike will expose the real Wike.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by azimibraun: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Will the real wike please stand up?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by philips70(m): 10:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wike on the prowl again.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by bakila: 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
ShySteady:
Then we should stop referring to Oyinlola, Ngige, etc as 'former governors' and all entitlements they are currently enjoying should be revoked. Governor Wike has stated his reasons for restating Omehia where he truly belongs. If we think the Barrister Governor is wrong, let us take him to court on this. Illegitimate is worse than illegal in this context.
Well the barrister governor is in contempt of court and section 308 of the Constitution is there for and against him.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by wirinet(m): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
udordike:
APC folks, why is Sir C. Omehia not a former Rivers governor but Dr C. Ngige is a former Anambra governor.

The two of them have several things in common but just that they belong to diverse political affiliation.

We are watching you guys in 7D

The law does not recognize both Ngige and Omehia as a former governor. Now if APC and their sympathizers decides to call Ngige former governor, that is their perogative. Same also for Omehia, Andy Uba, Segun Oni, etc, but is is wrong to put their pictures among former governors and burden the state further with the extravagant allowances and privileges like a former governor.

Do River's state indigenes have an idea on how much this illegal act woule cost them?How many months or years is Wike backdating the payments? If he should backdate it to eight years ago when Omehia vacated the seat, the rivers people will be paying Omehia hundreds of millions of Naira and would pay him hundreds of millions more until his death for just about two months of illegally sitting in an office.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by ENDTIMES: 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
polilopat:

Stop being bitter!

The truth is bitter to you. Omehia never existed in the eyes of the law.

Wike should start fixing Rivers state not fixing his "political friends".

You can imagine a whole day being used to redecorate omehia, na wa o!
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by philips70(m): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiloper:

I'm a traditional lawyer i support wike

Where, in Rumuepirikom community town hall?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by nortcentrallord(m): 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
benosky:
Nigeria politician with der politics of self interest and purpose. In other news......... Why is okorocha also complaining of inheriting an empty treasury? I tot he handed over to himself?? Na waa oooo.

Hahahahaha, u 'r funny bro. He handed over to his ghost maybe.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by legacyint: 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
his mandate was nullified...how does it still make him a governor?

e no concern me sha
i tire for dis otondo dat calls himself a governor. And he calls himself a barrister,yet he doesn't what d law says, wike should be probed for certificate forgery.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by nkem123(m): 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Wike has destroyed Amaechi in every ramifications
Are u high on origin? hw does this concern Amaechi
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by obinoral1179(m): 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
Fayose and wike are brothers from different mother.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by legacyint: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
gunuvi:

what of military presidents that were overthrown by coup. my brother go and sit down
my friend shut up if u ve got notin to say,dats why they re calles head of state,he is equivalent to a president or a prime minister, comparing a rolls royce wit a v boot.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mrvitalis(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
lukecent:

But senator Chris Ngige is always referred as a former governor.
There is no official documents were he is referred to as a former Governor
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
naijababe:
This Omeha that should be rotting in jail for subverting democracy is being reinstated as a former governor shocked I feel for my brethren in Rivers State, by the time Wike completes his term they will know how far. Yeye dey smell sha!

I'd like to know what Barcanista thinks of this move undecided
Omehia did not subvert democracy. He was nominated by PDP but the SC reversed it. Though I will say that this move is uncalled for and illegal as the judgement of the SC nullifies any title or privilege of that office for Omehia.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
nice move by Gov Wike. no to politics of bitterness
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
ShySteady:
Then we should stop referring to Oyinlola, Ngige, etc as 'former governors' and all entitlements they are currently enjoying should be revoked. Governor Wike has stated his reasons for restating Omehia where he truly belongs. If we think the Barrister Governor is wrong, let us take him to court on this. Illegitimate is worse than illegal in this context.
Oyinlola is a former Governor between 2003 and 2007. Ngige is NOT a former Governor in the eyes of the law
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by trappatoni(m): 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
franchizy:
I'm a PDP supporter but I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it.
There is no provision in the constitution where a governor whose tenure was nullified can be recognized as a former governor with all benefits and entitlements reinstated.
Nyesom is a lawyer and I'm shocked he does not know what the law says.
A shame
seriously wike just dey fall hand. He's not acting like an educated fellow at all. WALAHI THAT GUY HAS ISSUES, SERIOUS ONES AT THAT.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by elbaraj001(m): 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiloper:

I'm a constitutional lawyer i support wike
Constitutional lawyer my foot...a quark lawyer of ur kind will never win a case till ur exit...dats d problem..wen u were sent to school to read, u end doing something else after dat u just read to pass...now u c problem u have caused urself...
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Elmasu: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
So far he was sworn-in as the governor of rivers state, he's an ex-governor.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Laid2001: 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
The governor in that period according to the ruling of the supreme court was Amaechi. The Supreme Court ruled that Omehia was never elected as Governor. Hence Amaechi's tenure started on 29th May 2007.
No be me talk am oo. Na supreme Court. The same was tested at the High Court a second time and was affirmed. That is why Amaechi Tenure ended on May 29th.

anwo247:

So who was governor with that period? Could there be vacuum?

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by lukecent: 11:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
mrvitalis:

There is no official documents were he is referred to as a former Governor
What do you mean by official documents, haven't you ever heard it on network news, both radio and television. Or during APC campaign rally they don't introduce him as former governor. What again is official?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by kotv: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
He's the governor, it is within his right to make that decision. You do have the right to go hug a transformer if you don't like his decision. Hahahaha
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mindsetshift: 11:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
atlwireles:
Thanks for righting a wrong.
APCheats will not agree with you
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by johnnychuks(m): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2015
wike call him self a lawyer i wonder why he doesn't know anything about law, how could he take such a drastick step, wike is nothing bot a charge and bail lawyer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The World's Most Educated President Is An African. Find Out Who The Person Is / Gov Tambuwal Spotted Cleaning Sokoto Environ With Wheelbarrow And Shovel(pics) / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.