Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor (40298 Views)

New Photo & Look Of Celestine Omehia, Former Governor Of Rivers State / Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / Wike Restores Omehia's Entitlements As Former Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by calaharry: 12:30am On Jun 26, 2015
lol
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by johnnychuks(m): 12:32am On Jun 26, 2015
johnnychuks:
wike called him self a lawyer i wonder why he doesn't know anything about law, how could he take such a drastick step, wike is nothing bot a charge and bail lawyer.
johnnychuks:
wike called him self a lawyer i wonder why he doesn't know anything about law, how could he take such a drastick step, wike is nothing bot a charge and bail lawyer.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by suremanpatriot: 12:37am On Jun 26, 2015
polilopat:

Stop being bitter!
...do you mean he shld stop being lawful. Wike is a lawyer, his wife a judge ,wike uses his priviledged positn to abuse the constitution he swore to uphold both as a lawyer and gnor. Wht a pity, a shame, cant he find a better way to honor omeha, the youths are watching his disgusting blunders.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by amacastel: 12:51am On Jun 26, 2015
mrvitalis:

No
Goggle past govs of Anambra state and u will see ngige dia
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Jonwesley(m): 12:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Wike this is impeachable offense. As a lawyer that you claimed, and with a wife as a justice, more so Celestine omehia is a lawyer! What is going on in Rivers state? When death wants to take a puppy, it won't smell an excrement. Wike was the main activist in the struggle to bring Amaechi back in that substitution of omehia, and was rewarded with the position of chief of staff. And now look at what he has done? What is the house of assembly waiting for? The NBA should issue a statement quickly on this illegality. It cannot stand.
Again in his mind he is touting Amaechi, but you have drawn disdain to yourself. The Nigerian supreme court is bigger than you. For all those who support this, you are nothing but illiterates, hating and playing to the gallery. Absolute absurdity! How can only one person change the course of the law against the people the law was made for. Rivers state is just a spectre of the macabre dance. With this tout and the likes of ex first lady who clandestinely supported this man, Rivers state is doomed.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mensdept: 12:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Omehia as governor for 8 years would have been better than the clown called Amaechi that the SC by fiat put (perhaps because Omehia started to do the right things immediately, including trying to unite the East economically).

Anyway, there are ways to go about things, and this one is not really necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Blizzy9ja: 12:58am On Jun 26, 2015
kenny091:
I consider wike to be one of the dullest leaders we have in the country at the moment, his abject disregard for the rule of law makes mockery of his law degree. Some common criminals are more cultured than this man
The fact that Sir Celestine Omehia was sworn in by a qualified judge and took decisions that were backed by the law and is still being addressed as a former Rivers state governor qualifies him to enjoy whatever entitlement is due any other former governor of Rivers state.
It is a step in the right direction.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Jonwesley(m): 1:08am On Jun 26, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
The fact that Sir Celestine Omehia was sworn in by a qualified judge and took decisions that were backed by the law and is still being addressed as a former Rivers state governor qualifies him to enjoy whatever entitlement is due any other former governor of Rivers state.
It is a step in the right direction.

Dullards, ...Birds of the same. They are correcting you, yet you can't learn. What do they call that? Ignoramuses ignomentia!!!...crickum crackum.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by ofala(m): 1:14am On Jun 26, 2015
opiloper:

I'm a constitutional lawyer i support wike

Your "support" is a personal opinion but not the opinion of the Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Blizzy9ja: 1:26am On Jun 26, 2015
Jonwesley:

Dullards, ...Birds of the same. They are correcting you, yet you can't learn. What do they call that? Ignoramuses ignomentia!!!...crickum crackum.
Your epic f00lishness and stewpidity is just so glaring no matter how hard u try to sound tushed... Just get a life... Wike is here to stay

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by hidee20(m): 1:59am On Jun 26, 2015
franchizy:
I'm a PDP supporter but I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it.
There is no provision in the constitution where a governor whose tenure was nullified can be recognized as a former governor with all benefits and entitlements reinstated.
Nyesom is a lawyer and I'm shocked he does not know what the law says.
A shame

Do you think Nigeria policTHIEFcian's care about law?.As soon as they get to the position they see themselves as the lawmaker,executor and enforcer.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by mobaking: 2:38am On Jun 26, 2015
I had my doubts about uniport degrees with the way Jona and wife ran Nigeria but Wike just confirmed my fears as a law graduate of uniport to make a mockery of the supreme court.To even think that his wife is a judge.SMH Govt house is not inter-state motor park.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Charly68: 5:06am On Jun 26, 2015
But I learnt this man is a lawyer abi he did not graduate ? Restoring a mandate that was voided by the highest court of law in the land ..what kind of leaders are we parading in this country ? Well everybody will write his OE her own testimony in life ..Good or bad.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by ZeroTolerance: 5:18am On Jun 26, 2015
mobaking:
I had my doubts about uniport degrees with the way Jona and wife ran Nigeria but Wike just confirmed my fears as a law graduate of uniport to make a mockery of the supreme court.To even think that his wife is a judge.SMH Govt house is not inter-state motor park.
Buhari a coup plotter got entitlements as a former President for years. All the former illegal military heads of state are part of the council of state. Why would Omehia who was duly elected by his people not be recognised as a former governor?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Utchman1: 5:50am On Jun 26, 2015
Wike Wike Wike. Chai Chai Chai.

You are the one that did all the work for Omehia to be booted out of office.

The judgment declared Omehia's election null and void based on the fact that Amaechi was the substantial candidate for PDP for that period.

So please, are you saying that PDP had two governors for the same period?

Well I am not surprised at your action. Such foolishness is expected of you.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 26, 2015
barcanista:
Omehia did not subvert democracy. He was nominated by PDP but the SC reversed it. Though I will say that this move is uncalled for and illegal as the judgement of the SC nullifies any title or privilege of that office for Omehia.

Someone whose nomination had been voided governing for almost a year is not a subversion? I digress, at least you agree that Wike is wrong, I'd like to know when exactly real governance will begin sha

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by DonDiego(m): 6:02am On Jun 26, 2015
mrvitalis:
Please let's call a spade a spade omehia is not a former Governor of rivers state according to the Nigerian constitution
And given him any right of a former Governor is wrong in every sense of it
This is impunity in the highest other and must be corrected by a court of law
Were are our constitutional lawyers it is now we need u

But Chris Ngige is, abi? Nigerians, nay APC, and double standards.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Gynacologist(m): 6:15am On Jun 26, 2015
opiloper:
I'm a constitutional lawyer i support wike
so wat dos d law say abt ds?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Sheggy13(m): 6:17am On Jun 26, 2015
lukecent:

What do you mean by official documents, haven't you ever heard it on network news, both radio and television. Or during APC campaign rally they don't introduce him as former governor. What again is official?
In that case it just becomes a title.. I can start calling myself former governor even though I've not smelt the office before, but Wike is going too far by putting his portrait amongst those of legitimate former governors and now wanting to give him all past, present and future financial benefits and entitlements of a former governor, thereby spending the resources of the state illegally. Here is a man that the Supreme Court of the land nullified his rule. It's quite pathetic to have so much open impunity and disregard for the law and supposedly "educated" people coming on here to cheer him on.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by naijanaso: 6:21am On Jun 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
his mandate was nullified...how does it still make him a governor?

e no concern me sha

Did you nullify his decisions as governor on behalf of the state? The Eleme junction bridge/flyover is the best we have seen after the one at Isaac Boro park. He also built the ELIOZU bridge and started the PH central shopping mall. All in less than 6 months. And you come here to question how he is still a governor. Pls let's remove sentiment and hate when writing in this forum. If that man had made just 2 yrs in office, Rivers state would have been so transformed.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by naijanaso: 6:25am On Jun 26, 2015
DonDiego:

But Chris Ngige is, abi? Nigerians, nay APC, and double standards.

I tire oh. How many months did Shonekan stay in office and who elected him into the office? Yet he enjoys all the goodies. This Omehia man would have made a better governor than Amaechi self going by his achievements and vision in just 5 months. He thought like the whites...
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by chrisxxx(m): 6:31am On Jun 26, 2015
mobaking:
So ur hatred for Wike has blinded u completely not to see that Uniport does not run law as a degree programme?
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by vega84(m): 7:01am On Jun 26, 2015
franchizy:
I'm a PDP supporter but I condemn this, I condemn it, I condemn it.
There is no provision in the constitution where a governor whose tenure was nullified can be recognized as a former governor with all benefits and entitlements reinstated.
Nyesom is a lawyer and I'm shocked he does not know what the law says.
A shame
. There is also no provision in the constitution where it states that such governors right should be denied. Dnt forget that he was sworn in constitutionally. #vegatalks
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by aniyphil: 7:06am On Jun 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

e no concern me sha

My broda na wa o! . . .the Supreme court annulled Omehia's election because Amaechi legitimately won the party primaries but was substituted at the last minute with Omehia which means Omehia was never qualified to stand for the election so how does he qualify as a former governor? So Wike is now more powerful than the Supreme court of Nigeria . . .well . . .like someone already said . .."He should do as he pleases while it last"
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Mbediogu(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2015
atlwireles:
Thanks for righting a wrong.

Are u kidding me? U mean someone who won election and ruled a state for five months was denied rights of a former governor by one who never even campaigned but came into Goverment thro non democratic back door of a high court? Amechi benefitted from Omehias sweat but cast him off. Wike I bless u. I am not from River State though. My constituency is Africa.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by odomanis: 7:28am On Jun 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

e no concern me sha

He governed the state for 5 months. He was voted in by the people of Rivers state. Ernest Shonekan was not voted in by Nigerians but was appointed by IBB to be head of state before he was removed by Abacha just after 3 months. Shonekan today is still recognised as former head of state. What about Ngige of Anambra state? the court also nullified his emergence and peter obi took over and today he is still recognised as former governor of anambra state. Amaechi is just wicked and reckless.

1 Like

Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by greggng: 7:30am On Jun 26, 2015
papaejima1:
Good!
Of all things Wike has done to Amaechi, this would be the most painful.

Wike knows how to turn the knife in the wound.

Ur being naïve. Wonder how this action concerns amaechi. Amaechi doesn't support impunity unlike wike who is desperate for power. His interim govt will soon end. Fyi amaechi completed his tenor but I can't say that for wike
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by komek(m): 7:35am On Jun 26, 2015
kenny091:
I consider wike to be one of the dullest leaders we have in the country at the moment, his abject disregard for the rule of law makes mockery of his law degree. Some common criminals are more cultured than this man

Ur Opinion
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by TruthisOut: 7:41am On Jun 26, 2015
So Wike is celebrating an election rigger? Using tax-payers' money to give him entitlements and benefits! Our politicians need psychiatric test before qualifying for to contest for an election.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by fairheven: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2015
polilopat:

Stop being bitter!
Been bitter about what. .in a civilised society OMEHIA is supposed to refund every single dime he was paid as salaries and entitlements as his tenure lasted,so myopic sentiments don't make ïllegality legal
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Bolosiye: 7:52am On Jun 26, 2015
gunuvi:

what of military presidents that were overthrown by coup. my brother go and sit down
but u should kw dat de military operate a different laws. In dis democratic dispensation, we are guarded by constitutional laws as againt edits and degree of de military era.
Re: Wike Restores Omeha’s Rights As Former Governor by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2015
naijababe:

Someone whose nomination had been voided governing for almost a year is not a subversion? I digress, at least you agree that Wike is wrong, I'd like to know when exactly real governance will begin sha
I will rather say his party did. He never nominated himself, the party did. But The action of according him privileges of a former occupant of that office is off key...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Magaret Obi Takes LP Campaign To Her Hometown In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / See The New Look Of The Reconstruction And Upgrade of the Onikan Stadium - Pics / Protest In India Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.