Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You (4079 Views)

10 Signs She's Really In Love With You / 7 Signs Your Boyfriend Is Not Serious About Your Relationship / My Elder Sister Is Jealous Of Me Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Abelsconcept(m): 4:03am On Jun 26, 2015
1. Give Backhanded Compliments:
You’ll quickly recognize a jealous person by the swift, backhanded compliments. A jealous friend may congratulate you on a new job by reminding you that you got it because you know someone.

2. Avoid You When You Succeed:

If something great happens to you, like you start dating someone new or get a huge bonus at work, jealous folks might take the back door in order to avoid having to celebrate your accomplishments.

3. Downplay Your Happiness:
Jealous people can’t stand when good things happen to other people; one of the subtle ways they deal with it is by cutting you down with their words in the veil of offering advice. If you lost weight and are feeling great about your body, they might downgrade your joy by telling you that it’s pretty common for people to gain it all back in a few weeks.

4. Constantly Complain:
Everyone knows that jealous friend who always complains that you look better than them, are smarter, kinder, funnier, wealthier, better-dressed, etc. What a snooze!

5. Pout:
If your friend doesn’t want to admit they are jealous, they might pull the serious pout. They might act bitchy because everyone is flocking around you at the bar but when you ask them what’s wrong, they say “nothing” with a saccharine smile.

6. Tell You That You’re Bragging:
If you are genuinely happy about something or sharing some good news, jealous people have a way of making it seem like you’re boasting about yourself and like you’re a nasty person for doing so.

7. Process, Process, Process:
A lot of jealous people need to constantly process their feelings of inadequacy by asking you to have long, intense talks about your relationship. Everyone needs a good processing session to keep relation-ships healthy once in a while but if it’s three to four times a week, you know you’re dealing with a jealous person.

8. Gossip:
Because jealous people are uncomfortable with other people they view as superior to them, they love to gossip about any kind of negative tid-bits they can get on you. This kind of vicious gossip is a tell-tale sign of an unhappy jealous person.

9. Feel Sorry For Themselves:
Instead of realizing that there is plenty of love, riches, joy and beauty to go around, jealous people tend to mope around feeling sorry for themselves as though they’ve been dealt a worse hand in life than everyone else.

10. Plot Revenge:
If the jealous person in question isn’t a moper, they might be a revenge plotter - the ones who feel that your good fortune has slighted them in some way and scheme ways to make you look bad and take you down.

Someone added:
Mhizkel:
When she starts avoiding going out with you. Fear of guys approaching just you, and snubbing her.

CC: Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by shikshark: 4:10am On Jun 26, 2015
thank God i dont have a friend that exibits all the signs...........except emeka
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 26, 2015
Friends sha undecided undecidedIf you stop telling your friends everything, your enemies won't know too much.

1 Like

Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 26, 2015
I jst chop fastin food finish. Heavy poundo yam
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by blessedvisky(m): 4:41am On Jun 26, 2015
noted
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by saintneo2: 4:50am On Jun 26, 2015
I have learnt to distance myself from people who exhibit this kind of character.

New post on Dreaming Nigeria - Work is love made visible

1 Like

Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by misspicy(f): 5:17am On Jun 26, 2015
ehen.
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2015
With friends like this,you don't need an enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by sandrannna(f): 7:46am On Jun 26, 2015
This is a front page material.

Lalasticlala, kook carefully into the thread.
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Abelsconcept(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2015
grin
smithsydny:

Yet you call it fasting... who is deceiving who grin
smithsydny:

Yet you call it fasting... who is deceiving who
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2015
Abelsconcept:
grin
Yet you call it fasting... who is deceiving who grin
Yet you call it fasting... who is deceiving who
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Mhizkel(f): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2015
When she starts avoiding going out with you. Fear of guys approaching just you, and snubbing her.
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Abelsconcept(m): 8:30am On Jun 26, 2015
Mhizkel:

valuable point - one that should be added to the original post.
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Mhizkel(f): 8:35am On Jun 26, 2015
Abelsconcept:

valuable point - one that should be added to the original post.
Yeah! I typed that from experience.
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by babakol(m): 8:42am On Jun 26, 2015
When he/she puts a big fake smile on their face (seeming to forget that you know what their real smile looks like) and act overly happy. It leaves you feeling hollow and unsupported and if they were truly happy for you, you’d know it.
Re: Crucial Signs Your Best Friend Is Jealous Of You by Abelsconcept(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2022
Abelsconcept:
1. Give Backhanded Compliments:
You’ll quickly recognize a jealous person by the swift, backhanded compliments. A jealous friend may congratulate you on a new job by reminding you that you got it because you know someone.

2. Avoid You When You Succeed:

If something great happens to you, like you start dating someone new or get a huge bonus at work, jealous folks might take the back door in order to avoid having to celebrate your accomplishments.

3. Downplay Your Happiness:
Jealous people can’t stand when good things happen to other people; one of the subtle ways they deal with it is by cutting you down with their words in the veil of offering advice. If you lost weight and are feeling great about your body, they might downgrade your joy by telling you that it’s pretty common for people to gain it all back in a few weeks.

4. Constantly Complain:
Everyone knows that jealous friend who always complains that you look better than them, are smarter, kinder, funnier, wealthier, better-dressed, etc. What a snooze!

5. Pout:
If your friend doesn’t want to admit they are jealous, they might pull the serious pout. They might act bitchy because everyone is flocking around you at the bar but when you ask them what’s wrong, they say “nothing” with a saccharine smile.

6. Tell You That You’re Bragging:
If you are genuinely happy about something or sharing some good news, jealous people have a way of making it seem like you’re boasting about yourself and like you’re a nasty person for doing so.

7. Process, Process, Process:
A lot of jealous people need to constantly process their feelings of inadequacy by asking you to have long, intense talks about your relationship. Everyone needs a good processing session to keep relation-ships healthy once in a while but if it’s three to four times a week, you know you’re dealing with a jealous person.

8. Gossip:
Because jealous people are uncomfortable with other people they view as superior to them, they love to gossip about any kind of negative tid-bits they can get on you. This kind of vicious gossip is a tell-tale sign of an unhappy jealous person.

9. Feel Sorry For Themselves:
Instead of realizing that there is plenty of love, riches, joy and beauty to go around, jealous people tend to mope around feeling sorry for themselves as though they’ve been dealt a worse hand in life than everyone else.

10. Plot Revenge:
If the jealous person in question isn’t a moper, they might be a revenge plotter - the ones who feel that your good fortune has slighted them in some way and scheme ways to make you look bad and take you down.

Someone added:

CC: Lalasticlala

It is very unbelievable that this was here and never took these warning signs to avoid obvious pitfalls. It is sad.

One friend I had exhibited all these yet I failed to see through the fake love. Looking back now I feel really hard done.

He even went as far as asking my ex girlfriend out after telling me all sort of rubbish about the same girl. Shameless.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Girls 101(funny Pics) / 15 Best Questions To Ask On Your First Date - Eharmony / Sex For Revenge (wrong Turn). Only For Adult's 18+ Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.