Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer (44157 Views)

"Corruption List" To Exclude Names Of Those Returning Money - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Sends Second Batch Of Ministerial List To The Senate (PIX / August Salaries For Federal Workers May Be Delayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by crisycent: 10:54am On Jun 26, 2015
Make he go boil mess jor! Slow poison. When is he traveling again?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by solonazzy: 10:57am On Jun 26, 2015
AustineE1:
Buhari was never prepared for a 21st century Nigeria.The old order imposed him on us,so that the statusquo will be maintained!
The northern oligarchy conspired with their ever submissive 'bride' south-west,in other to get back power they so much believed is their birth right.....the mantra of 'change' is all about North,North,North and Northern interest. Southwest must learn to live with it and the accompanied perpetual servitude,their leaders sold out and now there is no need crying over spilled milk.
Posterity will forever be on the side of those of us from the lower Niger, for we fought a good fight,we spoke out but the 'custodians' of Nigeria,who are victims of darkness,held tight to the chain of bondage.
Seriously u r nothn bt a tribalistic nitwit.. Buhari wants to delay ministerial list for another 4 weeks with an excuse based on d Senate's current situation was Wat d thread noted.. Now ur comment is abt northern interest, south West's decision to acpt change n other senseless issues... How has Dis contributed to d topic nw...... R u just too dumb or Wat?...... D sad thing is dat u r nt alone.... So pathetic
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by meforyou1(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2015
buhari has no ministerial list to submit
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Excellentmind: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2015
shachris:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/25/buharis-ministerial-list-suffers-fresh-hitch/

The boiling at this early stage in the journey to the evil forest is uncalled for, because there are heartbreaking issues lying in wait for Buhari and APC ahead as they try to control the uncontrollable wild animals on their way to the evil forest.

In fact, I forsee a journey of no return for APC.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by babardos70: 11:19am On Jun 26, 2015
Why is he Boiling? when he supposed to have acted he was just quiet saying he belongs to GOAT and COW in his farm. Dagora and Saraki will impeach him.
I can even see the hand of BUHARI in waht his happening in NASS. Imagine a terrorist NDUME in Nigeria NASS. How can Buhari government be clean if it abhors all these type of people. Ndume was appointed so as to serve as a link between the NASS and BUHARI being a member of BOKO HARAM.
I'm beginning to suspect the relationship between NDUME, BOKO HARAM and BUHARI. The president is not clean on these issue
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Iman24: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2015
WE BUY DEAD INVERTER BATTERIES IN ANY LOCATION IN LAGOS. CALL 07050606836.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2015
midolian:
The president has the power to ask the lawmakers to meet when the need arises.

The president does not have such powers, Mr Lecturer.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by SirShymexx: 11:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Why's Boo-harry boiling?

This old man has shown he lacks what it takes to be a leader. If he can't lead his own party, without the unnecessary power tussle, show of shame, and the brazen act of undemocratic process and thuggery these power-hungry numbnuts keep displaying everywhere -what makes anyone think he can even lead a complex country like Nigeria? The gaffer needs to shut up - he looks as clueless as GEJ.

Nigeria is cursed with the worst type of leaders ever. Has the country ever had a decent leader (not great, just decent)? Every country I know has had at least one - but Nigeria has never had any (maybe Murtala Muhammad based on his OAU speech but he didn't live long after that). And Boo-harry is going to end up like those before him.

It makes you wonder if the country is an accursed one and forever destined for abyss. Someone might need to go appease the black gods to save that country. undecided
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
Rexology:

Which particular section of the constitution did he draw the power from?..., though the NASS can assemble at any date before the adjourned date for any emergency matter of National interest,does not mean that the President has the 'POWER'

I doubt if he has ever seen the 1999 Nigeria's constitution talkless of knowing its content(s).
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by midolian(m): 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
byrron:

The president does not have such powers, Mr Lecturer.
ok..

If the president has the power to summon the National Assembly, or Parliament to an extraordinary sitting to conduct special business..what does this mean? I am ready to learn.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Nigeria
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
midolian:
ok..

If the president has the power to summon the National Assembly, or Parliament to an extraordinary sitting to conduct special business..what does this mean? I am ready to learn.

The president can not summon another arm of government sir. The word " SUMMON" does not apply rather he can write to them about a pressing need that needs their urgent attention which is completely at the discretion of the house leadership to reconvene in order to attend to such needs if they consider it as truly of national importance.

It is a privilege accorded to the president but not a right.

The 1999 Nigeria's constitution as amended is the grund nurm for Nigeria and not Wikipedia
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Spybradd: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
Whats da President Buhari boiling,his dullardinhoness or his inefficiency? Whole bulshiit..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by midolian(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
byrron:
The president can not summon another arm of government sir. The word " SUMMON" does not apply rather he can write to them about a pressing need that needs their urgent attention which is completely at the discretion of the house leadership to reconvene in order to attend to such needs if they consider it as truly of national importance.

It is a privilege accorded to the president but not a right
Mr lecturer 2, Its a right and not a priviledge. I asked you because I was expcting something reasonable from you. If the ministerial list is ready, he has the "RIGHT" to summon them to consider it. This is of national importance too 'siR'..

Wait o! Are u now telling me that if the senate decides to meet next year, the president will have to wait till then? If the president writes them and they wish not to meet, the president will have to wait till then(next year)? Abeg say that to some1 else.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
Why should Buhari expect the NASS to appoint party anointed leaders? Is Mr Buhari also going to accept ministerial list from the party? NASS is separate from executive, if the party cannot dictate to Buhari, why should the party be choosing leaders for NASS? Saraki and Dogara should stamp their independence once and for all. This is democracy and not military regime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Non est factum

midolian:
Mr lecturer 2, [s]Its a right and not a priviledge. I asked you because I was expcting something reasonable from you.[/s] If the ministerial list is ready, [s]he has the "RIGHT" to summon them to consider it[/s]. This is of national importance too 'siR'..

Wait o! Are u now telling me that if the senate decides to meet next year, the president will have to wait till then? If the president writes them and they wish not to meet, the president will have to wait till then(next year)? Abeg say that to some1 else. Go and occupy the national assembly until they insert a clause of what should happen if they refuse to reconvene because the law is silent on that or are u gonna blame me for that too?

I am still gonna be civil in my response to you but i can also rumble if that is what works for u.
I responded to you because you said u wanted to learn but i can see that ur assumptions are now ur convictions but sorry to inform you that in law, there is a difference from "WHAT IS and WHAT OUGHT TO BE" and in this situation, "WHAT IS" will prevail because that is the position of the law and not "WHAT OUGHT TO BE" which is from your own assumptions which is not the position of the law.

For the purposes of education, if the presidents ministerial lists are ready, Mr president will communicate that to the leadership of the house who will in turn [b]RECONVENE
the house in other to attend to it. I highlighted the word "Reconvene" so as to hammer it into ur head.

In the exercise of its oversight functions the House of Representatives or the Senate is empowered by sections 88 and 89 of the Constitution to summon “any person, authority, ministry or government department charged with the authority for executing laws and …disbursing or administering money appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly”.

Hope, you now know who can summon who!

No doubt, the President is vested with enormous powers by the Constitution, but he is not an absolute ruler. In line with the principle of checks and balances, the President is required by certain provisions of the Constitution and some other laws to account to the Nigerian people through the National Assembly. Thus, by virtue of section 67 of the Constitution the President is empowered to address a joint session of the National Assembly or either of the two chambers on the affairs of the Nation including the fiscal measures of the Federal Government (not by summoning them oga). The annual budgets of the Federal Government, requests for loans, appointment of ministers, envoys and members of certain parastatals as well as treaties ratified by the Executive on behalf of the country require legislative approval.

pls, read more on the doctrine of separation of powers sir.

CHEERS

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by funlord(m): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
grin

Why all the "hue and cry" over when pmb's ministerial list or appointments will be ready? Even if its till xmas, it does not really matter!after all the MDAs are headed by Perm. Secs, DGs, or Directors. All have functional CEOs. Ministers are just political appointees. The Presidency is fully functional with all the Staff officers, starting from DGs. The foreign affairs ministry has a perm sec. in charge and still on seat, the HOS is still on seat, Ambassadors are still on seat, Consular heads in all embassies and high commissions are still on seat, Permanent representative to the UN is still on seat, the different representatives to the international and inter governmental bodies are still on seat, the NASS has just taken a position to consider any proposal sent by to it by the executive so government has its structures working! Moreover the perm secs are the ones that prepare the memos which the ministers then present to the FEC or mr president; and some of the ministers don't know "jack shite". This is why there is a need to make careful choices in the appointment of ministers. PMB during his pre-election interviews had alluded to the need to be very careful in the selection of ministers he would work with. In any case,many of you would take him to the cleaners if he decides to recycle "old expired people and politicians"; and most people presently parading the corridors of power hustling to be appointed have been "used and have been found to be useless". Getting fresh heads is gonna be a herculean task so he would not want to make mistakes,especially avoidable ones. Abeg free the nigga!
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Rexology: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
midolian:

If the has the power to summon the National Assembly, or Parliament to an extraordinary sitting to conduct special business..pls what does this mean?

You are really funny you know. When did Wikipedia become the CONSTITUTION of the federal republic of Nigeria? You mean the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria draws the 'Executive'powers from Wikipedia? "Any other law that is INCONSISTENT with the provisions of this CONSTITUTION, shall to the extent of its inconsistency be nulled and void"

Just quote a particular section of the Nigerian CONSTITUTION where the President draws his "POWER" to summon the National Assembly or forever remain silent.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by goalburner(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ofeakwu:

Oga-anyi biko ewena iwe, bukola sk is not a yoruba, na confirm hausa man
I've updated my post cos of you Sir
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by midolian(m): 1:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Rexology:

You are really funny you know. When did Wikipedia become the CONSTITUTION of the federal republic of Nigeria? You mean the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria draws the 'Executive'powers from Wikipedia? "Any other law that is INCONSISTENT with the provisions of this CONSTITUTION, shall to the extent of its inconsistency be nulled and void"

Just quote a particular section of the Nigerian CONSTITUTION where the President draws his "POWER" to summon the National Assembly or forever remain silent.
you are funnier. This is because the wikipedia canot draft its own conxtitution. It must hav drawn all these from the Nigerian constitution. You, show me a place in the constitution that says the president doesn't have the power to summon them on issues of national importance.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Daura President AKA "BOILING POT OF BEANS". lol

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Ofeakwu(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
goalburner:

I've updated my post cos of you Sir
Better!
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by chigoizie7(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
midolian:
Fake news everywhere. Very fake.

It makes no sense to say "with the senate announcing an adjournment till july 21, the presidents ministerial list will have to be delayed till then or till after Ramadan Festival"..This is very untrue. The president has the power to ask the lawmakers to meet when the need arises. if the ministerial list is ready even by next week, he can always ask them to meet over it.

If to follow it up, "independence of the legislators"

The executive can not order them around, "when to reconvene or when not to convene".

Na the senate president that decision dey him hand oh.

All these people wey de post for posting sake sef, and some dullards will be "Liking" the posts like !mbeciles.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by midolian(m): 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
chigoizie7:

If to follow it up, "independence of the legislators"

The executive can not order them around, "when to reconvene or when not to convene".

Na the senate president that decision dey him hand oh.

All these people wey de post for posting sake sef, and some dullards will be "Liking" the posts like !mbeciles.
sorry to say, buh u dnt know nada.. The president has the power to summon them on important issues that's of national interest.

The president has the power to summon the National Assembly, or Parliament to an extraordinary sitting to conduct special business..
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by chigoizie7(m): 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
midolian:
sorry to say, buh u dnt know nada.. The president has the power to summon them on important issues that's of national interest.

The has the power to summon the National Assembly, or Parliament to an extraordinary sitting to conduct special business..

Points taken,

NeXt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by ohenhen1: 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
Do we really need Ministers?

The country is running without Ministers.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by denko(m): 2:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Once Buhari Send the list they cut the break as usual Buhari has no excuse.
midolian:
Fake news everywhere. Very fake.

It makes no sense to say "with the senate announcing an adjournment till july 21, the presidents ministerial list will have to be delayed till then or till after Ramadan Festival"..This is very untrue. The president has the power to ask the lawmakers to meet when the need arises. if the ministerial list is ready even by next week, he can always ask them to meet over it.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by midolian(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
denko:
Once Buhari Send the list they cut the break as usual Buhari has no excuse.
I agree with u.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by worksmart(m): 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
When Buhari failed to attend to inaugurate his own NAss, I knew something serious has happened and that he would not allow him to govern.

I have given up hope that we would ever witness him announcing his ministerial appointments.

Or even see him in any live event in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by drnoel: 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
shachris:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/25/buharis-ministerial-list-suffers-fresh-hitch/

rage my foot. Is that what nigerians would eat? Abeg, if they are clueless of what is expected of them they should ask Nigerians let us put them straight. By the way Buhari is now xx days in office and we are counting how many days he has left so let him stop all these excuses and do his job. Also by the way, the move on NNPC is the best he has made since he came to office. Nigerians are waiting for more on those but are worried he wants to fill the open positions with only select non-bureaucrats or select non-technocrats. Whatever the case may be, Nigerians are watching and every move he makes will either be criticized or complimented.
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by Stoical: 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
slimfit1:
We need to recall our legislooters enough is enough they clearly don't have our interest in their heart. We need another election if these law makers are lawbreakers what kind of law are they going to make.

In as much as I would really like this possibility...it is unfortunately not possible in Nigeria...*sighs and shaking my head*
Re: Buhari Boiling Over Yesterday's Fight - Ministerial List To Be Delayed Longer by 6fit(f): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
shachris:

thunder fire all of yu. May Amadioha loot una brain cells as una dey loot our treasury

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mbaka Blasts Buhari: This Is Just Kindergarten, Administration Is Demonocracy / How Akpabio Was Rigged Out — Oshiomhole / Governor Wike Threatens To Beat Up Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.