Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,186 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] (113425 Views)

Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location / Bonny Island: Most Beautiful Island In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by hasonjack: 12:18am On Jun 28, 2015
Just updated my bucket list. Well done OP for the info. Much appreciated.
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by zendy: 12:19am On Jun 28, 2015
Bonny is rich in history because it is one of the first places Europeans visited in West-Africa. I remember reading about the Bonny "Boat trading houses". This Island was also the place that they say King Jaja of Opobo left with his followers to found Opobo in 1870. Remarkably, King Jaja of Opobo was actually an Igbo man from present day AmaIgbo in Imo state and his fathers name was "Ozurumba" although King jajas real name was Jubo Juboha (Jub-oha in Igbo means "ask the people"). Bonny is blessed. I once read that there are people called the 'Bonny Igbos' native to that Island but I don't know if this true cause I've never been there. Im still a bit shocked that they speak Igbo in Opobo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Raxxye(m): 12:19am On Jun 28, 2015
virtuousMe:
Op misleding people since 1914. Does every one in bonny leave in NLNG RA? You just posted pictures of IA and RA. Why didn't you put pictures of orosikiri, ayanbor, all those zink houses area? Come to abalamabie road and see flood.
I stay in King Jaja street. We are neighbours!

1 Like

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by franconian: 12:59am On Jun 28, 2015
jidejide2:
I servrd my youth core here on this island 2010/20015 I work on burukiri and live in bonny. Am proud of this great nation. We. Shall. Make it

I am glad it's not youth corpse you served... but the session you gave killed it!!!

3 Likes

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Rhea(f): 1:03am On Jun 28, 2015
[size=18pt]All these beautiful pictures are coming from the backyard of Oil boys and girls. No go fool yaself think say all Bonny na heaven. Na lie oo[/size]

3 Likes

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by bigfrancis21: 1:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Codedrock:

SOURCE: T.I.N MAGAZINE
www.takemetonaija.com

Cc: Obinoscopy

In all that you wrote, you omitted something pertinent - that the Bonny people speak Igbo language!

1 Like

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by ijawgirl: 1:27am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 28, 2015
kidaberry:
To all those who ask this is where kida berry resides

Bonny Island
Bhu u knw we are cousins ryte?mi coming over 4xmaswink
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Skmoda360(m): 7:32am On Jun 28, 2015
missdebs:
abeg who get pin mouth charger i wan go bonny
What a real beauty.
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 7:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Phemtemconsult:
... Spent six month in NLNG last year, full of Fun. To be there by November again.

You only enjoy it If you are a staff or relate to a staff.

That's right, I don't think one will enjoy Bonny if you don't stay within NLNG R.A, enjoying the happy hour free food cheesy and cool environment. Other than that if you go inside town to watch NWAOTAM MASQUERADE every New year like me, the environment is different.

You can spot me from the crowd wink

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2015
[
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 28, 2015
LORETA:
Nairalander today i know that most information we get here are lies..... bonny beautiful city co bonny beautiful city nee.... i work with one of the lng ship charteres we carry gas from bonny to europe one every month, when ever i sign off i spend two days in bonny and two days in portharcourt be fore i get to lagos..... the picture you see with lights is the refinery , the field you see those girls sitting down is a staff quaters for only shell staff called RA,.... he never showed you bonny main town..no good house no complete secondary school/ primary school, they just had one polythecnic of recent...the only thing bonny people can boast of is the light........the water are smelling from waste of certain people.... but bonny town is not developed...LNG IS JUST using them and the town is not getting anything spectacular .........i fear nairalanders today

Me self fear o. Bonny that I worked and lived in. The places where most people live in can best be described as a village. Most houses people live in is Batcha, common batcha made of wood and zinc.
The pictures posted is the plant at night. Nothing more and of course the NLNG RA were very few piviledged staff live. The light is given by NLNG which is from the plant not from NEPA. And we pay for it.

1 Like

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2015
hasonjack:
Chei LoL. You would be greatly disappointed. To enter the plant you need to be an employee. To enter RA the only fine place you need to be invited by a resident to sign you in. Even the speed boat that will carry you there will be your first step to disappointment. By time you reach peterside and you meet the waves you will start praying fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 8:05am On Jun 28, 2015
hasonjack:

1. Make sure you don't go with Local boats, find a way to be booked on the LNG Boat with factory fitted A/c smiley and you won't feel the waves on the sea incase you will be scared or if you no sabi swim.

2. Stay in RA if you want to enjoy Bonny.

3. Just stay in NLNG RA and thank me later smiley

3 Likes

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Phemtemconsult: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

That's right, I don't think one will enjoy Bonny if you don't stay within NLNG R.A, enjoying the happy hour free food cheesy and cool environment. Other than that if you go inside town to watch NWAOTAM MASQUERADE every New year like me, the environment is different.

You can spot me from the crowd wink

Yes oo.. the food is the main thing, the Gym, Swimming pool, CFS shopping and driving around the estate is my usual activity. Never opportune to watch the Masquerade
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Phemtemconsult:

Yes oo.. the food is the main thing, the Gym, Swimming pool, CFS shopping and driving around the estate is my usual activity. Never opportune to watch the Masquerade

Yea its really nice inside. Everyone comes out to watch the masquerade na, you have been missing sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Phemtemconsult: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

Yea its really nice inside. Everyone comes out to watch the masquerade na, you have been missing sha cheesy

I will be going by November.. I hope am opportune to watch it then.
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2015
Phemtemconsult:

I will be going by November.. I hope am opportune to watch it then.

No sorry, Nwatam is performed during christmas in Bonny and new year in Opobo/Bonny cheesy

Post-pone your journey cheesy

1 Like

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Raxxye(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2015
virtuousMe:
Op misleding people since 1914. Does every one in bonny leave in NLNG RA? You just posted pictures of IA and RA. Why didn't you put pictures of orosikiri, ayanbor, all those zink houses area? Come to abalamabie road and see flood.
Where in Bonny do you stay?
I sent you a PM.
If you don't mind, whatsapp or beep me on
zero eight zero three eight seven three two two
Cheers!
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Phemtemconsult: 10:31am On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

No sorry, Nwatam is performed during christmas in Bonny and new year in Opobo/Bonny cheesy

Post-pone your journey cheesy

When I go by November I will be there till January 2016... We could hook up if you will be there during that period
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2015
Phemtemconsult:

When I go by November I will be there till January 2016... We could hook up if you will be there during that period

Good then you can enjoy the masquerade display.

1 Like

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

1. Make sure you don't go with Local boats, find a way to be booked on the LNG Boat with factory fitted A/c smiley and you won't feel the waves on the sea incase you will be scared or if you no sabi swim.

2. Stay in RA if you want to enjoy Bonny.

3. Just stay in NLNG RA. smiley
See you. How will a visitor just enter NLNG boat and stay in RA like that? If na so who for remain inside the village?
If you need to get on the boat you must be booked by your company or as a family of an NLNG staff. Same thing with RA. You can't just go there to live or pay for accommodation. Your company must send you there and you must be working in Bonny not as easy as you are saying or you have a staff who you are very close with to house you there. And for your company to make arrangements for boat and house in RA they must have serious business/ job with the NLNG.
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Raxxye(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

Good then you can enjoy the masquerade display.
Seems you know Bonny a lot better than myself.
Where is any clean beach located and what's the direction to it?
The one I usually go is by St Stephen's Cathedral and it is quite dirty. I can't step inside that water there. I only sit and watch the sea vessels and the setting sun.
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2015
crowns2:

See you. How will a visitor just enter NLNG boat and stay in RA like that? If na so who for remain inside the village?
If you need to get on the boat you must be booked by your company or as a family of an NLNG staff. Same thing with RA. You can't just go there to live or pay for accommodation. Your company must send you there and you must be working in Bonny not as easy as you are saying or you have a staff who you are very close with to house you there. And for your company to make arrangements for boat and house in RA they must have serious business/ job with the NLNG.

Hehehe i didn't say you can just walk in oh...match break small smiley

I just said he should go through that means assuming he has a friend/brother/sister/uncle etc that is a staff smiley

I don't have to write everything in details na.

Okay first you must be booked to travel with the NLNG Boat or NLNG fixed wing Twin Otter plane, which is about 25-30 minutes to bonny, after your person must have booked your name, then go to NLNG Jetty at NLNG roundabout at Amadi ama round.

After you must have been given your life jacket and Pass, you can then jump on the boat and enjoy your cruise to Bonny.

Jump out and jump into your car to RA or bus to the NLNG RA Gate, Go into the visitor's room, Snap pissure providing all your details and then wait for your Visitor's Identity card and visit visa smiley because your card will state how long you will be staying.

After that once you are in everything is on point.
laundry check

Electricity check

Rooms check

mini-abroad

The Gym is one of a kind, pool, tabletennis etc and most importantly Freee food NLNG and happy hour na you go tire smiley

At night you can go to Monkey Village, enough filipinos for guys that want to collabo cheesy and also on finima road Bush Bar wink
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

Hehehe i didn't say you can just walk in oh...match break small smiley

I just said he should go through that means assuming he has a friend/brother/sister/uncle etc that is a staff smiley

I don't have to write everything in details na.

Okay first you must be booked to travel with the NLNG Boat or NLNG fixed wing Twin Otter plane, which is about 25-30 minutes to bonny, after your person must have booked your name, then go to NLNG Jetty at NLNG roundabout at Amadi ama round.

After you must have been given your life jacket and Pass, you can then jump on the boat and enjoy your cruise to Bonny.

Jump out and jump into your car to RA or bus to the NLNG RA Gate, Go into the visitor's room, Snap pissure providing all your details and then wait for your Visitor's Identity card and visit visa smiley because your card will state how long you will be staying.

After that once you are in everything is on point.
laundry check

Electricity check

Rooms check

mini-abroad

The Gym is one of a kind, pool, tabletennis etc and most importantly Freee food NLNG and happy hour na you go tire smiley
Chei!!! NLNG happy hour ! I miss it
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2015
Raxxye:

Seems you know Bonny a lot better than myself.
Where is any clean beach located and what's the direction to it?
The one I usually go is by St Stephen's Cathedral and it is quite dirty. I can't step inside that water there. I only sit and watch the sea vessels and the setting sun.

You can go to Bonny International Beach
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by justi4jesu(f): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2015
crowns2:

Chei!!! NLNG happy hour ! I miss it

Hmmm so you like free food like me smiley
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by kidaberry(f): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ovosky:

Bhu u knw we are cousins ryte?mi coming over 4xmaswink

Sowie i said Reside not like im from Bonny tho
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Trustworthiness: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
drlawizle:

The land dat they'll sell to me in their daughters' name...is it the same land that's always flooeed when rain falls and is it d same flooeed area dat a self contained goes for 120k p.a?

See more pictures from Bonny island:

1 Share

Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
Trustworthiness:

See more pictures from Bonny island:

This one na Land abi na Mangrove Swamp?
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by ModiKen(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
Everyone is admiring how beautiful Bonny Island is, some even planning to visit as soon as possible, no one is talking of how his or her area, community, town or city could be like that.

It is possible to have 24/7 light where u live.

It is possible to have that serene environment in ur area, rather than bad roads, dirt everywhere u look, poor drainage systems, e.t.c.

With the large amount of resources we have, every community in Nigeria can even be better than Bonny Island

Rather than focus on the real issue, we prefer to live in a world of fantacy and dreams.
Hoping and praying that God makes a way.

The 8.4 billion our NASS members want to allocate to themselves as wardrobe allowance (abgada money), imagine how that money would transform one or two communities in Nigeria.
Re: BONNY ISLAND, Nigeria. A Beautiful City Many Don't Know Of.[history&pictures] by Raxxye(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
justi4jesu:

You can go to Bonny International Beach
Where is that,Sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion At Otedola-Ojodu, Berger Lagos: 20 Cars Burnt (Photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.