Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? (39517 Views)

Bukola Saraki And Sahara Reporters Go Face-off On Twitter Over ‘stolen Millions’ / Saraki Vs Buhari's Ministerial Nominations / Saraki Vs CCT: We Can’t Overlook A Lot Of Things -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by lurther: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
You guys give that guy lots of attention. I wonder who that guy is in real life.

God forbid I have a friend like him in real life.
VICTORCIZA:
BARCA IS SLOWLY CARPET CROSSING BACK TO. APC

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
Barcanista i disagree completely. First of all, these guys are both politicians not some skilled footballer that solely depends on their flair, these guys depend on the ppl and are at the mercy of popular opinion, ones the ppl stop liking you no matter how smart and influential you once were you're done. Secondly, Saraki and Tinubu these guys both want to be president one day so the senate presidency and Tinubus fancy political résumé is just a means to an end, my point is from were we stand today saraki seems to be winning the war. Judging from recent events it will be safe to assume that the south east and south south will favour a saraki presidency over a tinubu one. Saraki also has a considerable amount of influence in the north that i believe he will stand a good chance even against tinubu, in the southwest tinubu has enough enemies that will undermine him and give saraki a whole lot respectable result even from that zone. In all tinubu was great once, but now he has passed his heydays and saraki is the new rising sun
Firstly, Saraki can't even win PDP primaries not to talk of being President. Secondly, the SS/SE aren't so stupid to support Saraki(if you know his antecedent). Thirdly, the PDP will be the biggest beneficiary in this APC internal squabble but Saraki doesn't have what it takes to takeover APC structure from the owner (Tinubu). In fact, the Senate President seat is not politically influential. Thirdly, Saraki may win the battle/control of Senate because of PDP members but I don't see him winning control ove APC caucus in the Senate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
[s]
Zeezy99:
Barcanista i disagree completely. First of all, these guys are both politicians not some skilled footballer that solely depends on their flair, these guys depend on the ppl and are at the mercy of popular opinion, ones the ppl stop liking you no matter how smart and influential you once were you're done. Secondly, Saraki and Tinubu these guys both want to be president one day so the senate presidency and Tinubus fancy political résumé is just a means to an end, my point is from were we stand today saraki seems to be winning the war. Judging from recent events it will be safe to assume that the south east and south south will favour a saraki presidency over a tinubu one. Saraki also has a considerable amount of influence in the north that i believe he will stand a good chance even against tinubu, in the southwest tinubu has enough enemies that will undermine him and give saraki a whole lot respectable result even from that zone. In all tinubu was great once, but now he has passed his heydays and saraki is the new rising sun
[/s] What is this one saying? Bunch of irrelevancies! You seem to have lost touch with reality... Who says Tinubu wanna become President? Barcanista has said it all.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
VICTORCIZA:
BARCA IS SLOWLY CARPET CROSSING BACK TO. APC
Laugh...You should rather ask to be clarified if you have anything bro.

Firstly, both men are APC Chieftains. Secondly, Saraki has done more harm to PDP and Jonathan between 2007 and 2015 than Tinubu has done Jonathan/PDP in his entire life. If you followed the events from Saraki's opposition to Jonathan's ascension to agPresident in 2009, Saraki's nPDP rascals internal fiscuffs with Jonathan between 2012-2013, plus how Gbemi and Saraki destroyed PDP in Kwara state. I tell you, Saraki is not one that fits "my friend". He's worse than Amaechi.

Having said that, the PDP will be at loss if it absorbed Saraki, however, it will gain a lot if it stays out of Saraki troubles but focus on using Saraki to control the Senate like the party is doing. It is not every enemy of your enemy that should be your friend. Some should remain your enemy if you are to progress.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
mikeansy:
I don't have all the facts about how Buhari won but from what I can deduce from the recent happenings I am tempted to think some people feel Tinubu's role in Buhari election is exaggerated.

Will Buhari have won if Jega was not INEC chair? Did Jega craft a process to install his kinsman based on they are both from same axis? Is this why Tinubu is being cut to size?

How many votes did Buhari get in 2011 and how many did APC get in 2015 and hence is Tinubu really great as much as he thinks?

Time shall tell and the facts will be layed bare!
how did Buhari loose to Jonathan in 2011 with the same jega. Omo Igbo how

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Laugh...You should rather ask to be clarified if you have anything bro.

Firstly, both men are APC Chieftains. Secondly, Saraki has done more harm to PDP and Jonathan between 2007 and 2015 than Tinubu has done Jonathan/PDP in his entire life. If you followed the events from Saraki's opposition to Jonathan's ascension to agPresident in 2009, Saraki's nPDP rascals internal fiscuffs with Jonathan between 2012-2013, plus how Gbemi and Saraki destroyed PDP in Kwara state. I tell you, Saraki is not one that fits "my friend". He's worse than Amaechi.

Having said that, the PDP will be at loss if it absorbed Saraki, however, it will gain a lot if it stays out of Saraki troubles but focus on using Saraki to control the Senate like the party is doing. It is not every enemy of your enemy that should be your friend. Some should remain your enemy if you are to progress.
thanks for clarifying.sorry for the wrong accusation
I will do the needfull
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
IyaIode:

how did Buhari loose to Jonathan in 2011 with the same jega. omo Igbo how
Madam, you will help keep this discuss within intellectual frame by avoiding tribal terms like the crossed.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Zeezy99: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Firstly, Saraki can't even win PDP primaries not to talk of being President. Secondly, the SS/SE aren't so stupid to support Saraki(if you know his antecedent). Thirdly, the PDP will be the biggest beneficiary in this APC internal squabble but Saraki doesn't have what it takes to takeover APC structure from the owner (Tinubu). In fact, the Senate President seat is not politically influential. Thirdly, Saraki may win the battle/control of Senate because of PDP members but I don't see him winning control ove APC caucus in the Senate.
my point is if we ever get to a day that only saraki and tinubu are presidential candidates, ss/se senators chose saraki over tinubu, trust me majority of the masses there will do the same, its that simple. U once got this thing wrong when you declared GEJ Will win SW, dude upsets rearly happen in politics. Yes tinubu was once great, but saraki is taking over

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Jesusloveyou: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Errrm I can be partisan when necessary but that doesn't mean I throw away my sense of objectivity.
that is why i don't take u serious, because u decide to be partisan,not patriotic as u promise, pls forget been partisan and been objective by saying d truth always. Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
VICTORCIZA:
thanks for clarifying.sorry for the wrong accusation
I will do the needfull
My pleasure Bro.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by bettercreature(m): 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]In 2011 Saraki's father wanted Bukola to go to Senate but Gbemi his daughter to become Governor. Saraki however had Abdulfattah Ahmed in mind. The truth is Saraki and his father played a fast one on Kwara people. The ACN candidate Muhammed Balgore was gaining momentum, Saraki's father had to play the Gbemi card by forming ACPN to confuse the electorates and split the ACN's vote. In fact, on June 5, 2011 just 8 days after Gov Ahmed was inaugurated , Olusola Saraki and Bukola Saraki "re-united" after Bukola "begged", the PDP and Pa Saraki ACPN merged as one BIG Family. Pa Olusola Saraki was again affirmed to be the leader of PDP in Kwara. Saraki and his sister Gbemi were to play the same trick in 2015. How? Gbemi remained in PDP after Saraki moved to APC in 2013. She caused lots of troubles and had her faction and then dumped PDP to APC on the eve of 2015 Presidential election after deliberately destroyed the party from within

YOU DESERVE AN AWARD FOR THIS WRITE UP EXACTLY WHAT MY PARTNER IN ILORIN TOLD ME,@Barcanista you are so on point,
Ilorin people are waiting for this family,all their tricks are now well known to people

We need to watch for this family they are very deadly politically

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Zeezy99: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[s][/s] What is this one saying? Bunch of irrelevancies! You seem to have lost touch with reality... Who says Tinubu wanna become President? Barcanista has said it all.
i guess you weren't around when it was reported that the reason tinubu couldn't contest as vp is cos he is a muslim as buhari is. Learn to read btw the lines dude.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Gogetta(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Sentiments aside(Barca annoys me), I agree with this article. Totally!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
i guess you weren't around when it was reported that the reason tinubu couldn't contest as vp is cos he is a muslim as buhari is. Learn to read btw the lines dude.
which yeye lines. It was Fashola that was pesented, even that was PMB's choice .... If not for the criticism of Muslim/Muslim ticket...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by bettercreature(m): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Gogetta:
Sentiments aside(Barca annoys me), I agree with this article. Totally!
Infact his Saraki's story is so much on point
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
my point is if we ever get to a day that only saraki and tinubu are presidential candidates, ss/se senators chose saraki over tinubu, trust me majority of the masses there will do the same, its that simple. U once got this thing wrong when you declared GEJ Will win SW, dude upsets rearly happen in politics. Yes tinubu was once great, but saraki is taking over
If you put Saraki and Tinubu, I tell you Saraki will be flogged in the SE and SS beyond mercy. You seem not to understand that in the area of bigotry, Saraki hated GEJ since 2007 simply because GEJ isn't a Northerner. In the area of betrayal/treachery what Saraki did to GEJ in less than 6years is worse than what any other politician has suffered since 1999. In terms of performance Bukola Saraki is a failure at best. Did Saraki "give" Ekweremadu DSP position? No! He had no choice but to bend to PDP demand for DSP otherwise he would have lost the contest in a woeful manner. PDP gave Ekweremadu.

Do you think Saraki is even loved in the SS/SE regions? I supported Saraki for SP simply because I needed to alter APC calculation and not because I love Saraki. Saraki had even wanted fellow Northerner Ali Ndume to be his DSP but for PDP insistence on Sen Ike Ekweremadu. In 2019, PDP will field a sensible candidate and not Saraki nor his kind.

12 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Gogetta(m): 1:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
bettercreature:
Infact his Saraki's story is so much on point
Am telling you, Especially with the ACPN/Oloye Saraki angle. The puzzle fell right in place.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
olatunji21:

Without A Tinubu, Buhari would not be President today... Tinubu deployed all his Arsenal to deliver the Ticket for Buhari against Atiku's Dollar and d G-5 governors including the traitor, Saraki...

In the primaries yes but is that where Tinubu's strength ended?
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by bamidele029: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
A Tanoid was saying Saraki is a National Hero yesterday angry I was shaking my head , Tinubu is a thief but Saraki and his family are worse. Go and ask about them in Kwara and Society General( not sure of the spelling grin)

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
mikeansy:

In the primaries yes but is that where Tinubu's strength ended?

But that was where the Election was won! No?

Look above all barcanista has written, I think the most important armoury of Tinubu is his Media Department.. it can be deployed anywhere his interest lies! (if you can decode) Don't ask how!

However like you said! Time shall tell!

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Madam, you will help keep this discuss within intellectual frame by avoiding tribal terms like the crossed.

Thanks
like his own post didn't reek of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
IyaIode:

like his own post didn't reek of tribalism.
I never said so my dear.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Zeezy99: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
If you put Saraki and Tinubu, I tell you Saraki will be flogged in the SE and SS beyond mercy. You seem not to understand that in the area of bigotry, Saraki hated GEJ since 2007 simply because GEJ isn't a Northerner. In the area of betrayal/treachery what Saraki did to GEJ in less than 6years is worse than what any other politician has suffered since 1999. In terms of performance Bukola Saraki is a failure at best. Did Saraki "give" Ekweremadu DSP position? No! He had no choice but to bend to PDP demand for DSP otherwise he would have lost the contest in a woeful manner. PDP gave Ekweremadu.

Do you think Saraki is even loved in the SS/SE regions? I supported Saraki for SP simply because I needed to alter APC calculation and not because I love Saraki. Saraki had even wanted fellow Northerner Ali Ndume to be his DSP but for PDP insistence on Sen Ike Ekweremadu. In 2019, PDP will field a sensible candidate and not Saraki nor his kind.
first you need to minus pdp\apc from your calculations while talking about saraki, he will decamp tobor from either party and or burn down both parties if the stand in his way. Secondly you talk of treachery and you make tinubu look like the saint, this is politics and there is no honor among this politicians the simply pick the winning side. In 2011 we all know how tinubu gladly handed over the sw to GEJ only to comeback in 2015 and tell us he has always known GEJ is a terrible leader. Saraki is from the north and tinubu sw, se/ss believe that both regions connived to betray them who do you think the analysts will single out as the leader of betrayers. They are both treacherous to the ss/se only that tinubu is a leader of the movement while saraki can still claim to be a mere foot soldier. It will all comedown to the number of heavyweights you have behind you and as the senate elections have shown saraki has a massive upper hand than tinubu in that region

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
I never said so my dear.
OK Sir.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by HzRF(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
@barcanista
U forgot to add that tinubu dump
The opc that helped him retain lagos, he schemed dem out

And that
I used to have no be property

All that 1 Na past glory

As at today Saraki has more say than tinubu in Nigeria
Let tinubu use his influence to tell SARAKi what to do nw

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
first you need to minus pdp\apc from your calculations while talking about saraki, he will decamp tobor from either party and or burn down both parties if the stand in his way. Secondly you talk of treachery and you make tinubu look like the saint, this is politics and there is no honor among this politicians the simply pick the winning side. In 2011 we all know how tinubu gladly handed over the sw to GEJ only to comeback in 2015 and tell us he has always known GEJ is a terrible leader. Saraki is from the north and tinubu sw, se/ss believe that both regions connived to betray them who do you think the analysts will single out as the leader of betrayers. They are both treacherous to the ss/se only that tinubu is a leader of the movement while saraki can still claim to be a mere foot soldier. It will all comedown to the number of heavyweights you have behind you and as the senate elections have shown saraki has a massive upper hand than tinubu in that region
. Saraki can be summarised as one that betrays his friend to his friend's enemy to gain and then turn around to betray his friend's enemy not for the gain of his former friend but for sympathy. People like Saraki don't last long politically.

Coming to you, Tinubu is very direct. He's either for you or against you. He's ready to be for you if you play by his game. He's ready to be against you if otherwise. Pure politics!
What happened in March 28, the SS and SE were angry because Tinubu used his media against Jonathan, but again they will always welcome someone like Tinubu if he(BAT) is willing to work for their interest and ofcourse they must concede to his own request.

But Saraki? Oh he is cunning. The people of SS/SE cannot trust such a person. Saraki was a champion of Northern candidate within the PDP in 2011 and also was among the nPDP rascals that were opposed to GEJ's re-election. The SS/SE aren't so foolish my brother.

Personally, I believe that the PDP, SS and SE need smart and articulate politician in the mould of Tinubu to emerge from amongst us (but less corrupt one too). However, we don't wish for someone like Saraki. People like Saraki are best used and dumped (which I want PDP, SS and SE to do)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
mikeansy:
I don't have all the facts about how Buhari won but from what I can deduce from the recent happenings I am tempted to think some people feel Tinubu's role in Buhari election is exaggerated.

Will Buhari have won if Jega was not INEC chair? Did Jega craft a process to install his kinsman based on they are both from same axis? Is this why Tinubu is being cut to size?

How many votes did Buhari get in 2011 and how many did APC get in 2015 and hence is Tinubu really great as much as he thinks?

Time shall tell and the facts will be layed bare!

That Tinubu got Buhari the APC ticket was no mean feat. That is the koko of the matter. Forget about what happened in the Presidential elections: the dynamics were different, and Buhari won in any case.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
HzRF:
@barcanista
U forgot to add that tinubu dump
The opc that helped him retain lagos, he schemed dem out

And that
I used to have no be property

All that 1 Na past glory

As at today Saraki has more say than tinubu in Nigeria
Let tinubu use his influence to tell SARAKi what to do nw

Bros, Tinubu still controls his party structure in the entire south (save rivers and imo states). Saraki "mouth" is within the Senate Chamber and Kwara state. Outside these places he's "mouthless". Even in the Senate Chamber, we(PDP) are the real people in control. We can decide to get Saraki kicked out anytime (Same with Dogara).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by HzRF(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:

But ss/se will gladly vote tinubu
That openly rubbish GEJ and headline his return back to otuoke?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
HzRF:

But ss/se will gladly vote tinubu
That openly rubbish GEJ and headline his return back to otuoke?
Saraki can be summarised as one that betrays his friend to his friend's enemy to gain and then turn around to betray his friend's enemy not for the gain of his former friend but for sympathy. People like Saraki don't last long politically.

Coming to you, Tinubu is very direct. He's either for you or against you. He's ready to be for you if you play by his game. He's ready to be against you if otherwise. Pure politics!
What happened in March 28, the SS and SE were angry because Tinubu used his media against Jonathan, but again they will always welcome someone like Tinubu if he(BAT) is willing to work for their interest and ofcourse they must concede to his own request.

But Saraki? Oh he is cunning. The people of SS/SE cannot trust such a person. Saraki was a champion of Northern candidate within the PDP in 2011 and also was among the nPDP rascals that were opposed to GEJ's re-election. The SS/SE aren't so foolish my brother.

Personally, I believe that the PDP, SS and SE need smart and articulate politician in the mould of Tinubu to emerge from amongst us (but less corrupt one too). However, we don't wish for someone like Saraki. People like Saraki are best used and dumped (which I want PDP, SS and SE to do
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by HzRF(m): 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

But that was where the Election was won! No?

Look above all barcanista has written, I think the most important armoury of Tinubu is his Media Department.. it can be deployed anywhere his interest lies! (if you can decode) Don't ask how!

However like you said! Time shall tell!

Media my foot

If not becuz GEJ is nt a politician in spirit

Let him test run his media prowess against real politicians Lyk Saraki, Obj etc

D same media was used to wake d Tambuwal syndrome + paint him as a godfather and would impede activities of NASS

Where was his media prowess to foil this

Aregbesola here in osun even tho Imo owns more is being rubbish ruthlessly on the media and a damage has been done to his career
Why can't tinubu Media help aregbe.after returning from abroad after his Parkinson disease hit him he said "aregbe is someone that monitor his house wen he's away" days after aregbe got reelected

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Saraki Will Survive At The Supreme Court / Dino Melaye: People Stopped Thugs From Burning My House / Obasanjo Plots To Head Interim National Govt - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.