Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? (39580 Views)

Bukola Saraki And Sahara Reporters Go Face-off On Twitter Over ‘stolen Millions’ / Saraki Vs Buhari's Ministerial Nominations / Saraki Vs CCT: We Can’t Overlook A Lot Of Things -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by OduaVanguard: 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
austinsmat:
pls why long epistle both godfathers in there area both formal governors tinubu a formal Senate but now saraki edge him by becoming senate pre
sdo which tinubu will never smell for rest of his life

cheesy If as you say that Saraki has "edged" Ashiwaju coz he's Senate President today, then can we also say that Tinubu single-handedly handpicked VP Oshibajo (the number 2 most powerful office) who has also "edged" Saraki's office? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
kinibigdeal:

What an infinitesimal defense from you! To go with your point, how did Tinubu's exit destroy AD that Funsho williams exit didn't? What a puzzle that need a back tract explanation from you. What led to the destruction of AD initiated by Tinubu that the arrow is not deflecting back today?. Probably your self praise of a Fiasco needs a masterpiece of brevity. You are erroneously wrong to say Obanikoro became a senator due to his stewardship and relationship with Tinubu. You are already exposing your sympathy Brother. Probably you need to know some fact about Obanikoro himself who remain a contemporary to Tinubu CV for CV(Ain't talking about buying influence and corrupting our judicial system to gain control). Obanikoro was formally a chairman of Surulere Local Govt under AD, a state deputy chairman under Otedola administration(military governor then), chairman Lagos island, A founder of grassroots democratic movement(GDM) that fought Abacha to standstill E.t.c..Are you saying a man with such rising profile before he became a senator got the senatorial ticket because of Tinubu influence? Then I will ironically say tinubu got is governorship ticket because of Obanikoro influence against Funsho williams candidacy "what a conglomerate premises you are creating bro". Back to Saraki and Tinubu's connotation, Saraki remain a force to reckon with in this country and a senior citizen with the constitutional power to silence Tinubu forever. Saraki is the senate president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria(wikipidia) while Tinubu is regarded as one of the leaders in APC solely. Spot the difference before you miss your flight bro! In Tinubu's political career he will never be and he will remain ONLY the leader or Asiwaju of APC(That's if APC remains before 2019). He has never been a Nationalist but a mere governor through the mistakes of Pa. Olu Falae and co while saraki is now a Nationalist with the constitutional power to interfere in the affairs of this country regarding external threat, internal threat, resource reform etc if Saraki and Buhari is holding a close door meeting regarding the country, a Tinubu cannot do that with Buhari because he is a party man. Now saying someone that control mainly is party is stronger than someone that has the constitutional power to make, amend laws regarding the country "Is a statement gone too far and out of proportion"
Bros, when it comes to Obanikoro, I can take my time to school you. For the record, Koro is a force on his own no doubt but he was never at anytime larger than Tinubu. Of course he has been a Chairman LILG but it was under NRC (during Otedola administration). He wasn't Çhairman under AD at anytime. Koro would later be Home Affairs Commis§ioner under Governor Tinubu. Tinubu had to draft in Musliu Obanikoro and then Speaker Olorunwambe Mamora to fly the AD tickets of Lagos Central and Lagos East respectively after incumbents Sen Wahab Dosunmu and Adeseye Ogunlewe left AD to PDP. Wahab Dosunmu would have easily fly the AD ticket IF he hadn't defected which means Koro wouldnÞ have gone to the Senate in 2003.

As for Saraki, the office of Senate President isn't "so powerful". He can't make unnanimous decision of his own without the "yay" of His colleagues. He has no executive powers of his own nor does it come with political influence. Seems you forget that even David Mark couldn't influence his Benue state to win for PDP. We have had Wabara, Àyim, okadigbo, Nnamani occupy the seat and they were just there. Abeg no de jonze joor.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by KeyX10: 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
"In 2011 Saraki's father wanted Bukola to go to Senate but Gbemi his daughter to become Governor. Saraki however had Abdulfattah Ahmed in mind. THE TRUTH IS SARAKI AND HIS FATHER PLAYED A FAST ONE ON KWARA PEOPLE. The ACN candidate Muhammed Balgore was gaining momentum, Saraki's father had to play the Gbemi card by forming ACPN to confuse the electorates and split the ACN's vote. In fact, on June 5, 2011 just 8 days after Gov Ahmed was inaugurated , Olusola Saraki and Bukola Saraki "re-united" after Bukola "begged", the PDP and Pa Saraki ACPN merged as one BIG Family. Pa Olusola Saraki was again affirmed to be the leader of PDP in Kwara. Saraki and his sister Gbemi were to play the same trick in 2015. How? Gbemi remained in PDP after Saraki moved to APC in 2013. SHE CAUSED LOTS OF TROUBLES and had her faction and then dumped PDP to APC on the eve of 2015 Presidential election AFTER DELIBERATELY DESTROYED THE PARTY FROM WITHIN."

The assertions above especially the highlighted are grossly figment of a fertile permutations of writer's imagination rather than any statement of fact. As much as I may not be in agreement with the Bukola Saraki's House of Cards, I believe that fact should be sacred as a basis of documenting history.

1. Gbemi and Bukola had (and still have) political differences that predated the 2011 governorship clash between the two of them. So the fact that Bukola opposed Gbemi's guber ambition wasn't for any politics of altruism on the part of Bukola (as his fans would want the world to believe) but his greed and propensity to monopolize the political structure in that state by all means necessary. If indeed he felt it was inappropriate for Gbemi, his sister, to become governor of their state after him, why in the world was it appropriate for him to inherit the same senatorial seat immediately vacated by the same sister? Beside he found an alibi in covering up his fraud and corruption in the state by antagonizing Gbemi (that has a stellar career without fraud and corruption) and installing his partner in crime, his commissioner of finance for 8 years, that would cover up his financial atrocities. Has the writer bothered to ask what were the political rewards that accrued to Gbemi after the 2011 if indeed it was a game played on Kwarans? In spite her 12 years experience at the National Assembly (4 years at HOR; 8 years at Senate) with over 11 Legislative Bills to her name at that Senate alone and not a single allegation of corruption or fraud, Gbemi went on political hibernation for 4 years. If it were a game, won't she has been nominated for one political office or another for her part in the 'fast one played on Kwara people'?

2. The so-called reconciliation between Bukola and Pa Saraki's ACPN after Bukola had executed his game was a mere legitimization of Bukola's deception in order to box the old man into a tight corner. Of course he achieved just that. I guess Gbemi saw through the deception and that must have necessitated her non-inclusion in the shenanigan of Bukola and his gangs.

3. When Gbemi reactivated her political structure after the Bukola decamped to APC, there was no way it was meant to energize the same shenanigan and deception that Bukola was playing as his basis of political brand. She intended to revamp her political career in order to differentiate between true leadership that isn't tainted with corruption, fraud and deception and what was been played by Bukola and his gang in that state. It was quite unfortunate that PDP in Kwara and its leadership in collusion with the GEJ Presidency not only frustrated her genuine contributions but indeed made her the butt of their attacks right from the word go. Because of her formidable political structure and followership, Gbemi became a threat to some self serving leaders of PDP in Kwara and they didn't leave any stone untouched to frustrate her ambition and her growing popularity.

Therefore, the allegation that "SHE CAUSED LOTS OF TROUBLES and had her faction and then dumped PDP to APC on the eve of 2015 Presidential election AFTER DELIBERATELY DESTROYED THE PARTY FROM WITHIN" was quite inappropriate in situating Gbemi's experience in the PDP adventure. She supported Buhari on the eve of the election but apparently her decision wasn't influenced by any appreciation of the brand of politics of Bukola; it was merely a collateral benefit to him and his gang in that state.

If there is any single political figure that can stand up to Bukola in Kwara state, the person would be Gbemi and it's the reason why Bukola would stop at nothing to prevent her from gaining any political prominence as long as he has the control of the political fate of that Kwara state, and it doesn't matter whether they share the same party or not.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Panshow(m): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Barcanista, I know some Tanoids will be angry with you for saying this. But that's just the truth. Always stand your ground and say the truth regardless of party affiliation.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by oladele97: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
onatisi:
tinubu would never have been the governor of lagos state ,if not for the fact the he begged and begged baba adesanya and co then to change the results of AD primaries to favour him .it was funsho williams that won the AD governorship in house primaries then but he had to be appeased because of the fact that tinubu spent heavily on nadeco and AD ,and the only way to compensate him was the ticket. Then baba adesanya ,faale and co were the political godfathers then and also yoruba leaders,tinubu rode on their platform and later destroyed it in order to create his own .
all this you are saying is just a mere speculation. no concrete evidence to back it up
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by ims80s(m): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
u off all people, make i hear se u won join change
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by onatisi(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
oladele97:

all this you are saying is just a mere speculation. no concrete evidence to back it up
mere speculationgringrin I won't argue with u. It shows u were not deep in nigeria politics in 1999 or before then . I no go argue . Ask ppl who were involved in nadeco ,AD they will tell u the story and events of how tinubu got the AD governorship ticket in 1999
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by kinibigdeal(m): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, when it comes to Obanikoro, I can take my time to school you. For the record, Koro is a force on his own no doubt but he was never at anytime larger than Tinubu. Of course he has been a Chairman LILG but it was under NRC (during Otedola administration). He wasn't Çhairman under AD at anytime. Koro would later be Home Affairs Commis§ioner under Governor Tinubu. Tinubu had to draft in Musliu Obanikoro and then Speaker Olorunwambe Mamora to fly the AD tickets of Lagos Central and Lagos East respectively after incumbents Sen Wahab Dosunmu and Adeseye Ogunlewe left AD to PDP. Wahab Dosunmu would have easily fly the AD ticket IF he hadn't defected which means Koro wouldnÞ have gone to the Senate in 2003.

As for Saraki, the office of Senate President isn't "so powerful". He can't make unnanimous decision of his own without the "yay" of His colleagues. He has no executive powers of his own nor does it come with political influence. Seems you forget that even David Mark couldn't influence his Benue state to win for PDP. We have had Wabara, Àyim, okadigbo, Nnamani occupy the seat and they were just there. Abeg no de jonze joor.

I still don't buy into your school of thought even though you chose to school me sarcastically. If Tinubu draft Obanikoro to run for the seat of a senate, who control AD then tinubu or Afenifere's? For record purpose, koro was a chairman in 1999(check your archive please). My God! Office of Senate president isn't so powerful barcanista "Am surprise you just talk like those people living in the third world" Do you know that the office of the SP is more powerful than that of the vice president? Do you know what they call a leader with influence? Please find out. A saraki with the backing of his caucus can destabilize buhari govt if they wish to. Do you understand what we call the separation of power? If not, please go back and read what the constitution says about the constitutional power of the senate president. After the president in a country, the next is the SP not even the vice. If you wan't me to school you about the political influence of David mark currently and in the past, I will be eager to do so. Your definition of influence is outside of the context in quote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Benzzle: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Errrm I can be partisan when necessary but that doesn't mean I throw away my sense of objectivity.
but don't you like as everybody is hailing you for once for not being biased and foolish

Nice articles like this is what we need not everytime you come up with thrash...kudos and call your thugs to order

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Panshow(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
Zeezy99:
first you need to minus pdp\apc from your calculations while talking about saraki, he will decamp tobor from either party and or burn down both parties if the stand in his way. Secondly you talk of treachery and you make tinubu look like the saint, this is politics and there is no honor among this politicians the simply pick the winning side. In 2011 we all know how tinubu gladly handed over the sw to GEJ only to comeback in 2015 and tell us he has always known GEJ is a terrible leader. Saraki is from the north and tinubu sw, se/ss believe that both regions connived to betray them who do you think the analysts will single out as the leader of betrayers. They are both treacherous to the ss/se only that tinubu is a leader of the movement while saraki can still claim to be a mere foot soldier. It will all comedown to the number of heavyweights you have behind you and as the senate elections have shown saraki has a massive upper hand than tinubu in that region
Bros, stop deceiving yourself saying Saraki have influence in the north. I am from the north and I know how politics is being played here. Saraki does not have any influence outside his Kwara stay. As a matter of fact, a South east Rochas have a better chance of becoming a crowd puller in the north than a North central Saraki.
Did I hear you say Northerners will prefer Saraki than Tinubu?. This is laughable.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by SUBWAY101(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
HzRF:

So VP is powerful than SP
even a Senate President can make lyf hard for the President and vice versa
Chairman or the man on the chair Lolz.
4 gov +Reps/senators that the Minority in APC keeps whiping inline?
No be by number ooo

No need arguing with you. You be learner abeg.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by olumuyiwah25(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nice post.........
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
We should be fair with fact. I repeat that Koro was never Chairman of LILG under AD. He was Home Affairs Commissioner between 1999 and 2003. In 2003 Tinubu wrestled control of Lagos AD structure from Afenifere. Nobody is an Island, Koro had his own followers in Lagos Island no doubt (just like GOS in Mushin) and Tinubu influenced his emergence as Lagos Central AD Candidate. Do you know who Senator DÓsunmu was in the 1990s? Do you know that it was a major blow for 2 powerful Senators to defect to the powerful PDP at a go? Do you think Musliu Obanikoro would have been elected Senator IF he was PDP candidate and Dosunmu was AD? Well we are not talking of Koro and Tinubu here. I love Koro btw!

As for Senate President, bros they are overrated especially in Nigeria. Make we no deceive ourselves. Bankole couldn't even win re-election despite being incumbent Speaker. Ken Nnamani had to respect himself because Chimaroke Nnamani didn't like his face. GEJ had to intervene for Ekeremadu to get ticket from Chime. Tambawal had to be loyal to Wamako to get Sokoto state APC tickett and win the election. Oga no be today.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by mandhi(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Errrm I can be partisan when necessary but that doesn't mean I throw away my sense of objectivity.
Well said my friend.
Aw far now, long time.
Aw is being in opposition now.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by oladele97: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
onatisi:
mere speculationgringrin I won't argue with u. It shows u were not deep in nigeria politics in 1999 or before then . I no go argue . Ask ppl who were involved in nadeco ,AD they will tell u the story and events of how tinubu got the AD governorship ticket in 1999

with all this you said, he still struggle to get it himself...and not with the help of any godfather.
where is Adesanya today, and Funsho William
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by ApcSucks: 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
SUBWAY101:

No need arguing with you. You be learner abeg.

Pendy grin
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by emirofcalabar(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
without holding brief for Saraki, @ Bacarnista I think you ve failed to tell N/landers the no of party that made up the APC. we have the ANPP led by our amiable President in the person of Buhari. ACN led by the Asiwaju himself and the new PDP led by d former chairman of PDP Baraje who is a well known loyalist of Saraki.
Now if we have a marriage of three brides one is the president the other is the vice, if the no 3 position is Senate president who do you think should have it? well that's gone and he's now the SP, I believe as politicians they are both result oriented if they were both presidential aspirants, both 2terms gov, asiwaju installed fashola and aregbe and Saraki did same in the Case of fatai ahmed and brought some gov from the new PDP too. Now if oloye brought ABS to limelight I think Lagos got to know asiwaju through d late Iyaloja of lag. Age is of essence in this game which I soppose ABS has on his side. just watch him become the next president.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Panshow(m): 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
mployer:

This is the most sensible post here.

The masses determine the success of a politician. On scale of popularity, Saraki is winning presently.

Tinubu presently has no popularity in SS, SE and the north. If he drops a ballot box today, he won't get a reasonable vote anywhere outside southwest
Tanoids stop living in self denial. It'll do you no good. I don't know about Tinubu's popularity in the SS&SE but don’t even mention NC, NE&NW, cos Tinubu is a crowd puller here. The north will forever remember Tinubu for his role in the victory of GMB at the poll. Saraki is only a champion in his home state Kwara, beyond that, he stands no where close to Tinubu.
If you guys in the SS&SE are rooting for a person of Saraki and you think it's same here in the north then you're only deceiving yourselves.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by callmenow: 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
Hogwash. Old wives tale. Politics, especially the Nigerian variety is full of intrigues and subterfuge. The predilection of the Nigerian politicians is to leverage their 'wealth' to win on the day, due to the propensity of 'minor' politicians to accept egunje from 'major' politicians at the appropriate time. You may have witnessed this during the APC 'presidential round robin in lagos'. Buhari came through with Tinubu and Amaechi's money sharing bonanza. There is gainsaying about the so called structure. Structure minus money is a loser. Quite simply Tinubu is a thug. He threatens his colleagues. Despite his diminutive stature, when he is enraged, you do not want to be around. And he can order a 'hit'. He was never a silver spoon fed scion. Saraki is a silver spoon fed brat, who has always considered himself superior on the account of his money. Essentially, Saraki believes that every Nigerian has a price. He is right not to worry about 'structure'. He tactics is disruptive. After all Tambuwal used it effectively at the house without relying on structure. Since Nigeria swings from one crisis to another permanently, it makes sense to ignore 'structure'. Since Tinubu and his structure may not be around in a few years time anyway. Saraki is in poll position. APC will never seat down in a round table to discuss him anytime soon. Buhari is not interested. APC is not interested. Tinubu can rage as much as he wants, Saraki has senate president helicopter, plane and security to boot.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by SUBWAY101(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
ApcSucks:

Pendy grin

You dull bro. Who be pendy? Dont lemme curse the pendy abeg. I dey ignore you since cos you dey misfire.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by Daddi: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
jimmysho:
My brother, I wish you can be objective like this always.
He has always been objective maybe you've opened your mind to his reasonings or his objectivity faults who you like /support . all the same good analysis barcanista

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by mployer(m): 8:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
Panshow:

Tanoids stop living in self denial. It'll do you no good. I don't know about Tinubu's popularity in the SS&SE but don’t even mention NC, NE&NW, cos Tinubu is a crowd puller here. The north will forever remember Tinubu for his role in the victory of GMB at the poll. Saraki is only a champion in his home state Kwara, beyond that, he stands no where close to Tinubu.
If you guys in the SS&SE are rooting for a person of Saraki and you think it's same here in the north then you're only deceiving yourselves.

You are the one living in self-denial.

That your lonely self is in love with Tinubu doesn't translate to the North being in love with him.

Immediately GMB emerged as president, it was in the news that the North wants to cut Tinubu to size, and they did it, even with the support of GMB and Atiku.

The Nothern youths have several times alleged that Tinubu is behind the call for GMB resignation.

Northern APC leaders, Atiku and Tambuwal were among the first to congratulate Saraki. Moments later, GMB declared he will work with them while Tinubu and Lai Mohammed were still fuming with rage.

I really don't see how this is a demonstration of love.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by softwareman(m): 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
kITATITA:
One on one, Saraki is no match against Tinubu. But don't belittle the influence of Atiku, Andy Uba, El Rufai, etc in Saraki emergence. Recognizing where to reach out to is part of the game. Saraki is not a neophyte
PDP delusion again.
El rural is against TINUBU but the two APC senators from kaduna state are in the lawan group.
Buhari is against TINUBU, but ALL three senators from katsina state are in the lawan group.
Kwankanso is against TINUBU, but ALL kano senators are in the lawan group.
SARAKI power base is mainly among PDP senators from the south east and south.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by onatisi(m): 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
oladele97:

with all this you said, he still struggle to get it himself...and not with the help of any godfather.
where is Adesanya today, and Funsho William
funsho williams is dead ,pa abraham adesanya is dead .
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by ApcSucks: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
SUBWAY101:

You dull bro. Who be pendy? Dont lemme curse the pendy abeg. I dey ignore you since cos you dey misfire.

Stop denying your moniker
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by ruffDiamond: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:

u dey mind the dindinrin ,I'm sure he's an Ilorin man cunning blaskish rat faced backstabber like his cursed fake yoruba people !JUDAS isarakious has nothing to offer kwarans let alone the whole Nigerians he will live to regret his treachery
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by spenca: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
accolades
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by SUBWAY101(m): 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
ApcSucks:

Stop denying your moniker

You are dumb. Check my post and that of pendy to cure your ignorance.
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by lexydo007(m): 5:35am On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:
I read an article on Nairaland that drew comparism between Senate President Bukola Saraki and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Being a pro-pdp commentator and a campaigner for Saraki's Senate Presidency, some may expect me to naturally be on the side of the Saraki. But this will not be so because I can't live in self deception.

Yes, Bola Tinubu was a Senator, two term Governor of Lagos state and political godfather of the state. Saraki on the other hand is the incumbent SP, a two term Governor of Kwara state and the political godfather of the state. However, there are more to this.

[size=13pt]Senator Bola Tinubu[/size]
For those that aren't aware, Bola Tinubu rise to power as Lagos state governor in 1999 was associated with his 1993 democratic struggle against IBB first and later Sani Abacha. The AD 1999 contest was direct struggle between the favored late engineer Funso Williams and the political activist Bola Tinubu. Tinubu as at then had little political structure but somehow beat the late engineer to the AD ticket. In 2003 he somehow outsmarted some Afenifere leaders of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) and got re-elected, all other five AD incumbent governors bowed to the power of PDP. He consolidated his hold on power by dismantling the existing Afenifere structure in the party by forming the Action Congress in 2006 with the absorption of two mushroom parties-Justice party(JP) and Advance Congress of Democrats (ACD). His leaving AD crumbled the party forever.

In 2006 Bola Tinubu led AC gave embattled Vice President Atiku Abubakar a political lifeline after the Turaki Alhaji was whipped to size by then President Olusegun Obasanjo. Atiku had to defect to AC along with his loyalist Governor of Adamawa state Mr Boni Haruna. Also to defect were Chief Audu Ogbeh former National Chairman of PDP from Benue state. During the 2007 election run-up, Tinubu media tried to polish Atiku's image to counter the negative image from the FG as Atiku was the AC Presidential candidate for 2007. Though Atiku won Lagos state in a landslide thanks to Tinubu structure, he lost Adamawa state (his home state) to Muhammadu Buhari. Atiku's AC candidate for the Adamawa guber election also lost woefully to PDP's Admiral Nyako.

In the run-up to 2007 general election, there was a major shakes in the Lagos state chapter of AC. Tinubu had "imposed" his unknown Chief of Staff Raji Fashola as his party's governorship candidate over heavyweights like Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi, Mr Jimi Agbaje, Hon Ganiyu Solomon, Dep Gov Femi Pedro etc. Jimi left to fly the flag of DPA, Pedro was given the flag of LP, Afikuyomi was given the ANPP flag(he later returned to AC on election eve) while Solomon was compensated with a Senatoral ticket of AC. Tinubu's AC still managed to win the Guber and all Senate seats. The unknown Raji Fashola became Governor courtesy Tinubu. Not just that, Bola Tinubu deployed his loyalists Rauf Aregbesola to Osun state to unseat incumbent Olagunsoye Oyinlola of PDP. Fayemi was also deployed to Ekiti state where he defeated Segun Oni (credit to Ayo Fayose support). It was Tinubu legal machinery led by Yemi Osinbajo that fought to help LP's Rahman Mimiko to unseat PDP's Segun Agagu. Adams Oshiomole had to seek refuge in AC in 2007 when he saw that the LP can't help him dislodge PDP from Edo Government house.

The 2010 Atiku's exit of AC gave Tinibu a major setback. Nevertheless, his AC/ACN managed to sweep all SW states but Ondo state and also got a Senatorial seat from PDP's stronghold-Benue state in the 2011 election. As at today, Bola Tinubu controls the APC structure in the entire South except Rivers and Imo states.

In his political sojourn, Bola Tinubu has churned out prominent names like Sen Musliu Obanikoro (a former ally and Commissioner under Tinubu), Raji Fashola (a former governor that rode to power via Tinubu's benevolence), Rauf Aregbesola (Incumbent Governor of Osun state), Kayode Fayemi (defeated exGovernor of Ekiti state), and even VP Yemi Osinbajo is in power thanks to Tinubu.
tinubu, the real owner of southwest
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by mikolo80: 8:13am On Jun 28, 2015
nerodenero:
Nice piece, interesting read, devoid of sentiments and bias. I have always agreed with the OP on football issues since he's a Barcelona fan and on this, I agree completely too.

From his submission, betrayal seems to thrive well in Saraki family going by the fast one being played by Gbemi and Bukola on Kwara people.

One thing synonymous with both of them is godfatherism. While Tinubu has spread his tentacles majorly in Southwest, Bukola only controls his Fulani/Yoruba state.

I think Bukola is still a learner compared to Tinubu but I frown at what both of them stand for. We want a nation governed by people that would serve selflessly to reposition our country not individuals that are power-drunk, willing to stuff their houses, banks, private saves with our collective treasure.

For me, none of them is worth celebrating.
You gas wade trudge and dig through mud and muck to get to the gold and diamonds my friend
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by MOBBDEEP: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2015
KeyX10:
"In 2011 Saraki's father wanted Bukola to go to Senate but Gbemi his daughter to become Governor. Saraki however had Abdulfattah Ahmed in mind. THE TRUTH IS SARAKI AND HIS FATHER PLAYED A FAST ONE ON KWARA PEOPLE.
If there is any single political figure that can stand up to Bukola in Kwara state, the person would be Gbemi and it's the reason why Bukola would stop at nothing to prevent her from gaining any political prominence as long as he has the control of the political fate of that Kwara state, and it doesn't matter whether they share the same party or not.

Brilliant contribution & submission from a well politically knowledgable mind of yours, as against the sophistry put up by the OP.
I guess the old heavy-weights in Political Section of NL knows better not to rub mind with him any longer!!!
Re: Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? by retsonbiz(m): 9:16am On Jun 28, 2015
@Barcanista...... I am a Buharist, But you go this one absolutely right...Kudos.

You have intellectual property right infringement here

https://www.facebook.com/oluolowe/posts/903380039701225

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Who Knelt Down Before Atiku Abubakar Bashed Online / Nigerian Tweeters React To Saraki & Ekweremadu's Emergence As Senate Leaders / Buhari Orders Details Of Kogi Zenith Bank Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.