Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (60047 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by baby124: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
I really don't see anything wrong if he builds a helipad. As long as its coming from his salary and allowances. We are paying for him to be in and out of Aso rock. Not Daura
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by citizenisb: 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
A lot of times we try to project the image of the benign, peace loving drunk from Otueke to cover up the complete rot his administration represented. It is just a repeat of history as most of us know that Shagari is a good man but his administration was very corrupt.

I stay in Abuja and I know that the corruption under the GEJ administration was monumental and the enormous revenue accrued to the government was wasted even much more than Abacha, Babangida and Obasanjo combined. Why are we so wicked to keep on defending his administration.

Buhari has a lot of personal flaws but if we can remember this election was a referendum on GEJ not necessarily about Buhari in the swing states of the South West and North Central.

Whether he appoints Ministers this night or next year it is a huge relief from the madness we just went through for six years.

It will take a lot for us to recover with the depleted external reserves, crash of crude prices, a possible Greek default, reduction in summer travel and GDP/ Oil use due to terrorism fears, a huge slowdown in China, 30 million barrels of stored Iranian crude about to hit the market with the removal of sanctions and two possible interest rate hikes by the US Federal Reserve.

We are in interesting times no matter who is at the helm and the earlier we all hunker down and pray to weather the storm without terrible social unrest that will come with job losses, subsidy removal, Naira devaluation and corresponding hyperinflation adding to the Boko Haram insurgency decimating the North East and the bankruptcy of the states.

Let me give you a brief example; Buhari told the governors to negotiate longer loan tenors with the banks up to 20 years to reduce the strain and inability to pay salaries, do you know how that will affect bank profits and systemic liquidity. What will happen to their Oil and Gas loans if oil prices dip further.

May God help this country but please it is sheer wickedness to bring up the previous administrations records. In other climes they would have been shot by now.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by SeanDada1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
dabossman:

So constructing one 'offshore' will cost the same as constructing it on a flat farmland. Wow, you sure do know your business.

My friend helicopter landing areas or Helideck are thesame specification, irrespective of weather it is onshore or offshore! The same cost & no low budget project irrespective of where u r operating it from, whether from his roof or farm. And be informed that IATA, FAAN & other international bodies must vet, audit d helideck b4 any helicopter must land, In alignment with CAP 437. Else no landing of any helicopter.

Your contribution to my post is grossly irrelevant & lack substance. Perhaps the mention of offshore is sour to u.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Tex42:
since you've read the post in-out, why not tell him how much it costs to build an helipad. I guess you don't know how much it costs or you don't trust the figure quoted by that post above.

Only saw a baseless post from a propagandist/bubu loyalist claiming it cost N2m to build an helipad... Lol! He must be confusing an helipad for some of those kitchens in his country side.

Talking about cost... Nigerians did not elect bubu to administer power from Daura, I mean that's why Aso villa is there for the commander in chief. In as much as traveling to Daura should not be at his expense, he should not make it a priority by building an helipad there. How many times does he intend to travel to Daura in a year that'll prompt him to build an helipad there.

Mr. President should understand that the polity is his primary assignment and not some maloos (cows) in Daura.

PS:building an helipad in Naija cost way more than N2m. Thank you.
If you don't mind, kindly see your reply sir. Thanks for your understanding https://www.nairaland.com/2411234/photo-former-senate-president-david
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by maasoap(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Voting this man is d worst mistake Nigerians have ever made
I can only laugh at this. We didn't make mistake, you are still bitter about your loss
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Voting this man is d worst mistake Nigerians have ever made
So hu wud b a beta alternative- ur gej
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by slimfit1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
neocortex:

You are obvious lying because if you have the 20 million naira to build an helipad, buying an helicopter fuel won't be a problem.

Amen Amen i receive it in Jesus name.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Acidosis(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility

. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

N2m to build an helipad?

The text in bold makes no sense. Don't we have airports in the north? Are the pilots complaining?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Jennifer89(f): 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
chai, see unused brain for here

Lol. i wanted to quote him but when i read ur response i just chill. no be small 'unused brain.'
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
So you are justifying the Daura President's actions with that of David Mark? So if David Mark shits in his trousers buhari should shit in his trouser too? SMH

It goes without saying that what you guys are screaming about is not a case in isolation, hence the David Mark comparison.

Poo in pants? Not so extreme. If PMB has a helicopter as the president, why allow swirling dust to endanger its engines and probably the whole craft and all it's passengers?

It's not about abuse of privilege, IMO. It's about what is expedient.

Question: is the helipad only for PMB? What about others who may need to get to Daura ASAP?

You don't think it possible?

Now, what justifies David Mark building a gigantic structure of a "country home" that can park a helicopter on the roof?

Does he receive the Inspector General? Service Chiefs? Ambassadors of other Countries? other Presidents?

SMH right back @ya!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by kizydafizy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
The latest trending pad is not iPad, or Samsung or the rest...but HeliPad! More competition...
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by tochstorm(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
PUSH1:
You guys should deal with it. He is the president.but I assure you he will do his best for Nigeria.
#Best#
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Jman06(m): 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Buhari is on a mission to loot!

Nigerians beware!!!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Jman06(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
See f00ls justifying Buhari's action.

Nonsense! Nigeria is in deeeeeep shit.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Tex42(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
lucrownt:
If you don't mind, kindly see your reply sir. Thanks for your understanding https://www.nairaland.com/2411234/photo-former-senate-president-david
What you are trying to infer is that since David mark who is a senator under the umbrella of the pdp built an helipad with 'tax payers money', bubu should do same too...

Bubu came on the platform of change which constitutes cut on cost of governance and fight against corruption, so we don't expect him to embark on projects that would be of little or no economic importance to the polity.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by toyoursi(m): 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
@blackpanda, u dey mend bah? Dem tell u sey the Helipad belongs 2 naija ni? Dem sey PMB dey build Helipad 4 Daura, u talk sey no be him own; sey na for Nigeria. Devil baptize you for dere.#youmustberetard
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Mftivi: 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
some people said its cost effective, compare the cost of running an helicopter per hour and that of an airplane. the cost of an helipad starts at around 10,000 usd though but DADDY BUBU after taking selfies this is your next action? grin
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Mftivi: 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
dvee2:
All this Mumu people that will comment without research. A helipad will not cost more than 4 million naira to build in Daura. It is a cheaper alternative than for the president using the katsina airport.
check the cost of running an heli per hour
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Johnsinia(m): 11:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
opribo:

So in your family when people are old they are made to work while the young ones sit at home and watch movies abi. All I am saying you guys should not reverse nature the old people retire while the young ones work but when the old refuse to retire how will the work get done.
See your thinking, ordinary beer money has made you unable to reason rationally like young man who has a future for himself . SMH For you.
You are such an hypocrite! So its now you knw Buhari is old to work, but ve u 4goten that its fools like u disturbing us here in nairaland shouting "sai Buhari" like slaves ontop of una voices. I did not blame Buhari atall 4 all dis lapses, I rather blame the fools that decieved the shallow minded Nigerians into believing this scam called APC n sai Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Mftivi: 12:03am On Jun 29, 2015
DaBullIT:
Dem full hia , yeye people up and down

It's a scam , especially since flying an helicopter is more expensive than flying a 20 passenger jumbo jet undecided

What do you know ? I am assuming you don't know the difference between a helipad and runway , Take a floor area of 3.0 x 3.0 m , strip and excarvate floor area MAX depth N.E 2.0M , add reinforcements and pour concrete , I bet 2M will be more than enough

Federal Government is building that Helipad, it means it's exclusively the property of FG , besides That Helipad could be a source of income for the state or city if / when buhari's tenure expires , anyone who wants to use it will have to pay ..

You Have at least 80% more sense than the 130 people who have commented on this news thus far

Helipad is for helicopters , Runway is for Jets , perhaps they don't know the difference

Mini Presidential jet has at least 7 crews and at least 10 members of the cabinet who will be paid for the trip

Max crew for Helicopter is 2 pilots and maybe 3 aides

That cuts excessive costs for 12 more crew members
Cuts the fees for at least 6 convoys conveying at least 4 security officers per car
cuts the need for surveilance / reconnaissance for security officers who would patrol the road earlier

Yeye people just talk they don't think

chairman we didnt vote him to be running to daura 24/7. that project is for his own benefit jare shey na for daura him office dey? his landing on the helipad wont benefit us oga. It costs more to fly an helicopter and if the jet crew is over staffed then he should show his skill of cutting costs by working on what we already have at hand.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Chiaka(f): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Nothings wrong with that.....a helipad doesn't cost much and also for security reason its ok.....No biggy to me
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by free13: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Chanji.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ShowYourCertificate: 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2015
Jeezuzpick:

It goes without saying that what you guys are screaming about is not a case in isolation, hence the David Mark comparison.
If you are comparing Buhari's action because of David Marks action, it then invariably means that you endorse David Mark's action. So much for change! SMH.

Poo in pants? Not so extreme. If PMB has a helicopter as the president, why allow swirling dust to endanger its engines and probably the whole craft and all it's passengers?
You are very funny. If I may ask, how has Buhari been visiting his hometown as a former military leader? How has Yar Adua been visiting his Katsina hometown?

I thought this government is all about cutting costs? Why hasn't govt reduce the presidential fleet of cars? Why build an helipad in Daura, isn't it extravagant spending bearing in mind that Daura will one day stop being the hometown of the sitting president?

It's not about abuse of privilege, IMO. It's about what is expedient.

Question: is the helipad only for PMB? What about others who may need to get to Daura ASAP?

You don't think it possible?
After 4 or 8 years, Buhari will cease being president. Who will "need to get to Daura ASAP" by then?

Now, what justifies David Mark building a gigantic structure of a "country home" that can park a helicopter on the roof?

Does he receive the Inspector General? Service Chiefs? Ambassadors of other Countries? other Presidents?

SMH right back @ya!
Enough with all these receiving visitors in Daura! We want Buhari to get to work! He should stop being a Daura President and be an Abuja Strategist. Gosh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / "Nigeria Is In Trouble" - FFK As Buhari Extends Vacation / Femi Gbajabiamila Gives "Christmas Package" To His Constituents (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.