Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (60037 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by jerflakes(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by drey076(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Voting this man is d worst mistake Nigerians have ever made
Children of hate
I will still vote for him again come next election

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
paooxide:

Seriously, can you tell me what it takes to build an helipad. .. I meant helipad not airport.

An average helipad costs about 100 thousand dollars (20 million naira) , while annual maintenance cost is about 300 million naira.
Now tell me how "frugal" and "modest" Buhari is ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Phillfree(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
What do you expect when you have a dullard as president, may God help us for this new form of wastage being introduced.

Before morning, garba shehu and Adesina will beny it by telling us that its just a childrn playground.

As dull as he maybe, he's better than ur wEed BF.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by kay29000(m): 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
All these Twitter people that just want to stay popular, so they will react to anything trending, whether they make sense or not. It hasn't been confirmed if Buhari is really building a helipad, but even if he is...HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO BUILD A FREAKING HELIPAD? I guess some people don't know what a helipad is; they probably think it is some kind of airport or something. SMH!!!

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by funkiebully: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
hasshams:
The major problem of those critisizing gmb over the proposed Helipad is Illiteracy....most of them don't even know what a Helipad is

Some only know that it. Is something that has to do with aircraft and that is all...

Some even mistake it as an airport

Here are some pics of Helipads,wash your brain...it doesn't cost much, it doesn't cost much, a helipad doesn't cost much u illiterate!!!
[/s]

Ur foolishness knows no bound.

Did We elect him to be frequenting daura? Even if d goat lands in daura with helicopter, a team of security men will go by road ahead of him for security surveillance and clearance. So Why double waste of money?

If GEJ did this majority of u hypocrites would have over blown it.

Hypocrisy at it's peak. Why don't He start building helipads in all d states since He will surely visit many states in d future.

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by hadura29(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

I actually read that and it was the most intelligent response I have read today.

How are u though?

Hala Madrid...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Immarocks(f): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

and when a new president comes in he will also build in his home town......hmmmmm still watching....pple should keep turning blind eye to their fault n wrongs

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Do the needful by seeing what the Helipad look like then you will understand his point.

It is not much about how it looks like as it is the cost. It is a fact that many small drones cost more than big jets.
This is a presidential helipad for god's sake.
If the average helipad costs about 100,000 dollars(20 million naira), how much will a government contracted one costs ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by funkiebully: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
Immarocks:

and when a new president comes in he will also build in his home town......hmmmmm still watching....pple should keep turning blind eye to their fault n wrongs

Don't mind hypocrites. Even if buhari is caught now stealing, they will give u reasons Why it is not stealing.

Bunch of slaving hypocritical nitwits

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

You have no point. That picture was of GEJ landing in Otueke from Port-Harcourt, you have not disproved that claim.

Secondly, it is profoundly ignorant to suggest a chopper can land in any open field or space without consideration of the terrain. Google brownouts.

Finally, he is cutting the cost of fuelling the Presidential Jumbo Jet to Katsina, before proceeding with his convoy to Daura among other costs, since he can fly directly from the villa.

You have no points whatsoever, you sound like a drowning man grasping on straws to stay afloat.

gringringrin Ignorant baboon

Helicopter can land in any open field or space...Helicopter can land seamlessly in the football field in your remote village and even comfortably in daura football field or any open space there...

So why not show me any iota of proof that Jonathan ever dreamt of building helipad in Otuoke throughout his term as president?

Dauradullard son of Buhari gringringrin does he want to be flying to duara to drink bulukutu everyday

Mr Interpreter gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Successobed(m): 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
some stupid mofo on here claims he is cutting cost. damm!
I guess Obama or David Cameron too has helipad in their private homes.
which world leader has a helipad in his home?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by toshmann(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahhhahahahahahahahshs

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Let me remind y'all, this man was elected inspite of unbelievable settings

Didnt show his school certificate; people still wanted him.

Didn't agree to debate with GEJ; people still wanted him.

Didn't make any policy statement; people still voted him.

Didn't speak for more than 4 mins in any campaign stop/speech; people still wanted him.

Credited with toxic statements about sharia and boko haram; people still wanted him.

A governor even said that if buhari presents his NEPA bill as his school certificate people will still vote for him. grin

After the election he has changed all his promises and his people still stand gidigba behind him.

Look make i tell una, helipad is nothing, if this guy decides to abolish INEC, suspend the constitution and close down the NASS he will have millions of supporters.

Mr Kworuption is here grin
If we criticize him they call us tribalists and bigots. Abuse our ethnic group and region. Lol.

Na look i de look naija

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
slimfit1:
Even me that can't afford to buy an helicopter fuel can afford to build helipad please don't make a force about it please. Anybody can build an helipad its not expensive at all. We cannot compare the Bayelsa that is always wet with Daura that is always dry and dusty common sense please and be critical in your observations. This is the only thing these thieves can use against him knowing that he is coming for them all.

You are obvious lying because if you have the 20 million naira to build an helipad, buying an helicopter fuel won't be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by asuaiclive(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
cheesy indeed, dis is chnGeeee!! Lol
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin Ignorant baboon

Helicopter can land in any open field or space...Helicopter can land seamlessly in the football field in your remote village and even comfortably in daura football field or any open space there...

So why not show me any iota of proof that Jonathan ever dreamt of building helipad in Otuoke throughout his term as president?

Dauradullard son of Buhari gringringrin does he want to be flying to duara to drink bulukutu everyday

Mr Interpreter gringrin

Lol I see you just want to troll, I'll leave you with this.

In aviation, a brownout (or brown-out) is an in-flight visibility restriction due to dust or sand in the air.[1] In a brownout, the pilot cannot see nearby objects which provide the outside visual references necessary to control the aircraft near the ground.[2] This can cause spatial disorientation and loss of situational awareness leading to an accident.[3] Pilots have compared landing during brownouts to parallel parking an automobile with one's eyes closed.[4]

The brownout phenomenon causes accidents during helicopter landing and take-off operations in arid desert terrain. Intense, blinding dust clouds stirred up by the helicopter rotor downwash during near-ground flight causes significant flight safety risks from aircraft and ground obstacle collisions, and dynamic rollover due to sloped and uneven terrain.[5] Brownouts have claimed more helicopters in recent military operations than all other threats combined.[6]

There are several factors which affect the probability and severity of brownout:[6]

rotor disk loading
rotor configuration
soil composition
wind
approach speed and angle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownout_(aeronautics)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by 989900: 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
lyntiffany:
the question should be is he ruling from daura?
secondly, his visitation to daura will it be on a daily, weekly or monthly basis or when it's necessary?

Or you meant:
is it constitutionally allowed for him to visit his hometown?
is there any precedence?
does the constitution allow him breaks/vacations -- if so, how often?
is the alternative cheaper than a roughly N1.5-3m helipad (assuming the official cost costed are not inflated)?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:

Federal Govt built the helipad in David Mark's house ? shocked

Don't mind the hypocrite deploying straw man to defend his god.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Rawani: 12:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Successobed:
some stupid mofo on here claims he is cutting cost. damm!
I guess Obama or David Cameron too has helipad in their private homes.
which world leader has a helipad in his home?

Don't go far. Your former Senate President David Mark had a customized helipad installed on his roof. He was exposed by the NUJ President.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by iykedare(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

Nigga,2m naira can't build a helipad. Quit saying things you know nothing about.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by tafrica(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sycophancy robbing people to analyse properly.
is there no airport in katsina state? If we should go by Buhari's decision to build helipad at Daura, we should expect each president builds his/her own helipad and neglect any airport present in the state.
And you call this cut of governance cost? Does

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
Nellybii:

Don't mind them
This is ignorance in action at it's best.
A helipad is not as costly as fueling a presidential convoy from Katsina to Daura. What is this noise about a less than 3m.naira structure? Haba?.TANOIDS

I guess Buhari and his entourage will magically disappear from Aso villa and land on the cellestial helipad in Daura.
No need for fuelling jet ?

If that is the case then no qualms.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
hasshams:
The major problem of those critisizing gmb over the proposed Helipad is Illiteracy....most of them don't even know what a Helipad is

Some only know that it. Is something that has to do with aircraft and that is all...

Some even mistake it as an airport

Here are some pics of Helipads,wash your brain...it doesn't cost much, it doesn't cost much, a helipad doesn't cost much u illiterate!!!

Dundee united how much does it cost ?
You are as ignorant as DogoYaro himself.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by opribo(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Is the helipad inside his compound yard, you guys should understand that he is old and cannot do the road traffic from katsina to dura. There should also be in future a kind of movable chair that will drive him straight into his bedroom. People who should be in old peoples home are now using the machinery of state to cater for their old age. Too bad Nigerians saw it coming and asked for it so they should live with it.

Afterall the baba has said we shouldn't expect too much because of his age factor. So why are haters criticizing.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by 1stdammy: 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
SenseiX:
'Daura' currently trending as Nigerians angrily respond to reports President Buhari is building a helipad in Daura
Cc lalasticlala
Wetin b helipad abeg??
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by SeanDada1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

My friend, stop misleading people with false info rmation about the cost of Helideck construction. You know nothing about it. I advice u keep quiet. I m into offshore construction/safety. worked as an HLO b4. It cost more than #100m to construct an Helideck alone, talkless of certifying it for landing, running frictional test, procure safety & perimeter nets, perimeter lights, crash kits, Breathing apparatus for HLAs & HFFs, training for crew members on helicopter emergencies ( Bristow helicopters). The list is endless as per constructing an Helideck with ur #2m.

See ur mouth! You think say na beans to run dat project! You guys should better start the war on this kind of negative change u have all advocated for!!!

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by papoose999(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
I guess ds is part of d change buhari nd d APC deceived Nigerians...no cabinet yt nd u re busy buildn personal time 4 ur selfish interest cumn 4rm a man why said we wud nt spend Nigeria money anyaoa cumn 4rm a man whu said d treasury is empty....President Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
slimfit1:
Even me that can't afford to buy an helicopter fuel can afford to build helipad please don't make a force about it please. Anybody can build an helipad its not expensive at all. We cannot compare the Bayelsa that is always wet with Daura that is always dry and dusty common sense please and be critical in your observations. This is the only thing these thieves can use against him knowing that he is coming for them all.
All of a sudden Ur buhari is allergic to dust

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Lexusgs430: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
ZAMZINE:

What you wish him will be the portion of your father, uncles or son.

Not forgetting all your generations!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by ShowYourCertificate: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jeezuzpick:

David Mark has a helipad on top of his house!!

He was never president of Nigeria!
So you are justifying the Daura President's actions with that of David Mark? So if David Mark shits in his trousers buhari should shit in his trouser too? SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by SeanDada1(m): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
My friend, stop misleading people with false info rmation about the cost of Helideck construction. You know nothing about it. I advice u keep quiet. I m into offshore construction/safety. worked as an HLO b4. It cost more than #100m to construct an Helideck alone, talkless of certifying it for landing, running frictional test, procure safety & perimeter nets, perimeter lights, crash kits, Breathing apparatus for HLAs & HFFs, training for crew members on helicopter emergencies ( Bristow helicopters). The list is endless as per constructing an Helideck with ur #2m.
See ur mouth! You think say na beans to run dat project! You guys should better start the war on this kind of negative change u have all advocated for!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

Dumbass. Its not a personal helipad. Its for federal govt. The helipad belongs to nigeria

so what happens when buhari leave d seat?
d fg will move it abi to aso rock..........
chai i cannot fitted to laugh in okombo style....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Army Parade In Military Uniform (Photos) / South-East Governors Almost Mobilized Buses, Trucks To Evacuate Igbos From North / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.