Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? (44082 Views)

Why Do People Sing In The Shower? / Can You Sing In French Language? / Singers That Really Can't Sing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by carnal: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2009
Good, did he sing in Yoruba? NO

Bros sagamite, you earlier said No,not so?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2009
Afam, you are anti yoruba, i think, what a shame.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by tangent(f): 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2009
lagos is the commercial nerve centre of nigeria. don't blame non-yoruba artistes singing in yoruba. most of their target audience are in lagos.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
AfroCynic:

Afam, you are anti yoruba, i think, what a shame.

For your information i'm not, what makes you think i am.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by jaybaby(f): 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
Seriously, i'v asked myself that same Q-- but for you to actually make it in Lagos--U must b able to flow in YORUBA.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ Afrocynic

I'm anti-yoruba simply because i refuse to reason with your argument that lagos pop culture is strictly yoruba, common,
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
jaybaby:

Seriously, i'v asked myself that same Q-- but for you to actually make it in Lagos--U must b able to flow in YORUBA.

That's not true, so u want to tell me that everybody that has made in lagos actually know how to speak the language?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Ifygurl: 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2009
You people seize to amaze me.
Only igbos

Which igbo lanugage is going extinct, so i guess when i travel back to Nigeria to Igboland, all the parents and children living there, do not speak igbo abi? I'll say writing in Igbo is going extinct, speaking not so much.

Secondly, You guys claim you're not trabilist and yet you're arguing why are the singers/rappers singing in Igbo.

someone used P-square, Ruggedyman and some other person to express what they mean.

P-square sang in Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba. Why are we focused on just the Yoruba. Oya, hang the poor boys for singing in Yoruba
Ruggedyman brings in Yoruba musicians to sing in Yoruba in his song, he doesn't sing in it. Other artist does, again, Oya hang the man for bringing Yoruba artist to sing in his song and then having the audacity to let them sing in Yoruba.
Abi, Ruddegyman have also had igbo language as their chorus, but i guess we should forget that.

Eldee have sang in Igbo and Yoruba numerous times, but we all forgot that. He's not igbo, so we should forget about the Yoruba guys singing in Igbo abi?
Faze, did ONE song in Yoruba, somehow he's name gets dragged into guys that sings in Yoruba.
Actually, half Igbo artist barely rap or sing in Yoruba, it's usually broken english or regualr english. But of course, FEW individuals did it, lets start a tribal fight about igbo's singing in Yoruba.

One guy asked please start naming the igbo artist songs with Yoruba in it, you only mentioned few, who also sang in Igbo and then have the audacity to say "just to name a few". The guy replied "name all". He's statement was ignored after that.
Hmm, not trabilist nko.Tribal war all over this nairaland.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Busta(f): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2009
Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? = Who cares, as long as they singing and making music and entertaining . . we're are all one naija!
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
Ifygurl:

You people seize to amaze me.
Only igbos

Which igbo lanugage is going extinct, so i guess when i travel back to Nigeria to Igboland, all the parents and children living there, do not speak igbo abi? I'll say writing in Igbo is going extinct, speaking not so much.

You just confirmed by saying only written igbo is going extinct. Nobody igbo is extinct yet, so, the declining rate of written igbo is a step towards it.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by DeReloaded: 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2009
Even people like Fela, had appeal overseas using English in his songs. e most of his songs in Yoruba

Yes

shakara o lo je  tongue
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by beemex(m): 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2009
To add to the number of Igbo Artistes we have for the benefit of the tribalistic ignoramus that asked how many of them do we have anyway, i say we also have

MORACHI
Ill BLISS (Dat Ibo Boy)
ELLA JOE
SLAM
J. MARTINS
AMAKA
KEMISTRY
BIG LO

and so many others.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
afam4eva:

@ Afrocynic

I'm anti-yoruba simply because i refuse to reason with your argument that lagos pop culture is strictly yoruba, common,

Lagos culture is Yoruba and to deny that shows that your head is buried in the sand. There is no famous MC or singer that had blown without using some Yoruba words or having a Yoruba song, yes I stand by that.

Dude, you even tried to say Lagos is semi Yoruba? huh? Lagos has its own definite swag, style and language and it most definitely Yoruba, deal with it dude.

I am now going off to listen to Sunny Nneji's 'Oruka' (isn't he Igbo, hmmn, I think so!), After that, I'll listen to Ruggedy Baba (opomulero), then I'll play 'Kini big deal' my play list is getting longer.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Afrocynic

Stop being ignorant Sunny Neji is not igbo.He is fom ogoja.And you still have not yet replied me how nigga raw and presently Duncan mighty blew without yoruba songs.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by khanye(m): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2009
asha 80:

@Afrocynic

Stop being ignorant Sunny Neji is not igbo.He is fom ogoja.And you still have not yet replied me how nigga raw and presently Duncan mighty blew without yoruba songs.

Duncam Mighty used yooba for a traq on Nigga Raw's album
Titled (Ugunle Pun madu) chorus.
Or is Kogbadun Igbo
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
Still can't seem to grasp the big deal
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2009
Khanye Nigga raw was already know b4 this present albulm.What about the first?I am talking about blowing up.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2009
asha 80:

@Afrocynic

Neither one of these lames have blown, they might be known in the South-East but if you ain't big in the SW, you won't blow all over the county stop lying to yourself. I do not even think they will feature if we were to compile a list of top ten naija artist. I don't care if Nneji is Igbo or not, dude is nice, that Oruka song is my ish.

I'll ask ten of my people, forget, i'll ask three if they'll go see either one of these dudes, for free I know what the answer'll be.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by khanye(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
asha 80:

Khanye Nigga raw was already know b4 this present albulm.What about the first?I am talking about blowing up.

What's ur point
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
When you are talking about blowing are you talking about popularity  or no of albulm sold?And why did nigga raw win icon of style by awarded by nigezie last year when he was in contention with durella and lord of ajasa.

If do not know you are displaying what you accused afam4eva of doing.

Neither one of these lames have blown, they might be known in the South-East but if you ain't big in the SW, you won't blow all over the county stop lying to yourself.

As for Sunny Neji i am simply correcting you before you make a fool out of yourself.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
asha 80:

When you are talking about blowing are you talking about popularity  or no of albulm sold?And why did nigga raw win icon of style by awarded by nigezie last year when he was in contention with durella and lord of ajasa.

If do not know you are displaying what you accused afam4eva of doing.

As for Sunny Neji i am simply correcting you before you make a fool out of yourself.

Lol, make a fool of myself? it is not fault you were so stupid as to imply from my statement that I think dude is Igbo, The point is that I do not care!!!!!!! Look, you and Afam are hurting because Igbo artist make songs in Yoruba, I think it's a cool thing, I will listen to any song, in any language so long as they artist keeps it naija. That is the single criterion that I have. Damn, my favourite naija rapper is 2shotz, not because he is a great lyricist but because dude keeps it strictly naija, okay?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
I am now going off to listen to Sunny Nneji's 'Oruka' (isn't he Igbo, hmmn, I think so!), After that, I'll listen to Ruggedy Baba (opomulero), then I'll play 'Kini big deal' my play list is getting longer.

I guess you were sleeping when typing the above.My friend i am not interested if they sing in yoruba as far as they make good music but to say they will not blow till they use yoruba means you are highly ignorant.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
asha 80:

I guess you were sleeping when typing the above.My friend i am not interested if they sing in yoruba as far as they make good music but to say they will not blow till they use yoruba means you are highly ignorant.

Lol, that'll teach me to read back my posting, but the point remains, that he is not igbo or igbira or whatever it is you say he is is irrelevant to me, he's hot and I like him. Now, the truth hurts you, I know but such is life, name one artist that is big, who has not used a yoruba chorus or used yoruba words in his/her song, this is the only way to refute my point. As for fool (anyone who will name himself N!gga is a fool) called N!gga raw, I do not know one person who like him or his music. Just name one!
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by lalaboi(m): 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2009
EAsy. . . . .Slow down guyz, . .Am watching oh. . . tongue
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by asha80(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2009
nig-nigerian
g-guy
a-anakpo
raw

n.i.g.g.a here ia an acronym and not nigger or nigga as in negro ok.

@Afrocynic

If you do not like his music nobody send.After all na everybody like dbanj?
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2009
Who deleted my post
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by Afam4eva(m): 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ Afrocynic

It really got to the inner most part of your skin that i refused to agree with your theory, if e dey pain you, go jump inside lagoon
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2009
asha 80:

nig-nigerian
g-guy
a-anakpo
raw

n.i.g.g.a here ia an acronym and not nigger or nigga as in negro ok.

@Afrocynic

If you do not like his music nobody send.After all na everybody like dbanj?

I like D'banj, esp. the song called 'Igwe' so who cares. Saying that it is an acronym is a cop out to be honest, can a Uk cat or an American use the same acronym? No! He's is still stupid, that word is not to use as an acronym, he is foolish.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
afam4eva:

@ Afrocynic

It really got to the inner most part of your skin that i refused to agree with your theory, if e dey pain you, go jump inside lagoon

Lol, keep deluding yourself my love. your idea of lagos and music is coloured by your ethnocentrism, keep on.
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by fayahsoul: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Fayasoul, I see are using the "oppressor's" language, woops they've got you too, lol
Even people like Fela, had appeal overseas using English in his songs. Were most of his songs in Yoruba?

[size=16pt]How else i'm i supposed to get the message out to the readers whom are of different ethnicities?

Your comment also alludes to the necessity of instituting a universal language in Alkebulan; a language that's indigenous to alkebuan and also easy to learn and speak(perhaps Kiswahili will do)
[/size]

Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by romeo(m): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2009
AfroCynic:

I do not know one person who like him or his music. Just name one!

I love him soooo much!! Do you have issues with that? undecided Goshh. He's my favourite Nigga cheesy
Re: Why Do Igbo Artistes Sing In Yoruba? by AfroCynic: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
romeo:

I love him soooo much!! Do you have issues with that? undecided Goshh. He's my favourite Nigga cheesy

That's good for you, but I meant name one artist who who has blown without using Yoruba either in their chorus or in verse, plain and simple. I could give a damn about some dude who wants to call himself a N!gga, that's on him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Album : Umu Obiligbo - Udo Ga Adi (full Album Download) / Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music / Download D'banj - Oliver Twist Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.