Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? (11065 Views)

Is Smoking A Sin? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Drinking Or Smoking A Sin For A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 2:40am On Mar 08, 2009
Spikey, You are a sinner. You ate a whole EYES CREAM!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2009
Lol. Are you eyes still intact? I'm coming to get 'em. grin
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2009
You berra come for deliverance tonight. else you are going to Hell FAYA.

NB. Reinstate your previous picture on your profile. Some of us check it everyday wink wink wink wink
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2009
Lol. I was being stalked. See me in my private quarters. tongue grin
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by tommyneo: 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2009
and I hate the way condemnation and judgement is being passed IRRATIONALY by people afraid to test their beliefs.
I dont believe what u believe so i'm going to hell angry

PLS: let everyman judge according to his own standards, by what he has himself read and seen, not by what others think.

they bible says "its not what goes into a man that condemns him but what comes out of him" mark 7:15
also "to him that is pure, all things are pure" Titus1:15.

all things are dangerous, to ones well being, when done in excess even being spiritual, eating "good" food, drinking anything and ofcos smoking too much.
PS: smoking started over 1200 yrs BC. shocked
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2009
What does Qur'an say about smoking? why are muslims not contirbuting?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 12:24am On Mar 09, 2009
Spikey,

Stalking? So you just dey realise? I don dey stalk you since your days In Moz wink wink wink

We should have a revised list of commandments for Nigerians to include Ice cream, Cigarrette Overspeding, Stalking, Lookery, even trekking
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by GatorLink(f): 12:35am On Mar 09, 2009
If we continue to question everything in a religious point of view, things will never get done.

We have to understand that not every reads the Bible, and not everyone sees heaven and hell as being realistic.

Now, as to the topic. .  . .smoking is just plain disgusting.

If the smell does not prevent them from smoking, then the health risks should atleast make them stop.

Well, I guess the addiction makes it hard undecided

It's like trying to lose weight, no mater how much you promise yourself to stop eating high starch and high carbs food, you'll still find yourself eating it.

Someone mentioned that sugar also disintegrates the function of the system, but smoking causes a more chronic diseases which follows by another chronic disease.

Atleast diabetes is treatable. . . .Diabetes is hereditary right?
Well, your smoking can put a passerby in danger. You're killing ppl who has no business with you. You should be arrested for that.

y'all should check up on what smoking can cause before sticking the cigarette butt in ya mouth.  [site to learn more about smoking] http://www.buzzle.com/articles/diseases-caused-by-smoking.html
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 3:57am On Mar 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Spikey,

Stalking? So you just dey realise? I don dey stalk you since your days In Moz wink wink wink

We should have a revised list of commandments for Nigerians to include Ice cream, Cigarrette Overspeding, Stalking, Lookery, even trekking

LOL! I never lived in Moz, that bit about being a big girl, you see. tongue

When I mentioned stalkers, I wasn't talking about you o, na some alainise people I dey talk. kiss
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 4:30am On Mar 09, 2009
Make I talk true me self dey stalk you. Na because of you I dey go siddon for under Social Sciences everyday to see you pass.

Meanwhile when u wan reinstate that pic
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 5:10am On Mar 09, 2009
Lol. You for bin wait tire na cuz I no dey go class. tongue

With the right amount of cajoling, I might just put the pic back up. tongue
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2009
No be cajoling anything , Na beg I dey beg.

Some of us check it every morning when we wake up and at night when going to bed,

conclusion, I don dey stalk u tay tay
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2009
Lol. See this way he's toasting me in this corner? When you get to the "open room" now you will be denying me. tongue
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2009
Toasting bawo. I say I wan see picshurr.

You wey dem tell me say you get Husband and pikin for house.

Me toast Sinner like you wey dey chew gum and eat EYES KRIM
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by spikedcylinder: 12:48pm On Mar 10, 2009
Who dey give you fake story? I'm all yours oga. . . . tongue grin
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 10:09am On Mar 12, 2009
Does any religion speak categorically about smoking?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by deebrain(m): 1:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
The more you find out things that are sin or not sin, you find out that even the things that you thought are not sin which you did as a habit are even the worst of sin and forever in your lives, guilty conscience continues to have its way in your lives.

Please guys. Note , NO BODY GOES TO HELL BECAUSE OF DEEDS DONE WITH HIS BODY!!! READ YOUR ROMANS VERY WELL!
HOWEVER, THE BIBLE TALKED ABOUT THE "BOOKS THAT WERE OPENED" MEANING THAT IN HEAVEN THERE WOULD BE A PRESCRIBED ORDER OF THINGS, POSSIBLY RANKS OF IMPORTANCE, OR RESPONSIBILTY.
THE BOOK OF LIFE , WHICH SOULD BE STATED HERE AND MADE CLEAR, IS THE BOOK WHERE ALL NAMES ,THAT DIED ACCEPTING JESUS, ARE WRITTEN. Every body living has his/her name written in the book of life but the moment such a fellow dies, without accepting the salvation of Christ, his name is blotted out and is sentenced to death via hell fire.
Of actions done with the body, there are judgements given -IN HEAVEN!
ACCEPT THE SALVATION CHRIST GIVES AND BE CLEANSED FROM SMOKING ET AL!

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by mnwankwo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2009
Sin is disobedience against the laws of God or the will of God. One can also say that whatever causes harm to the the spirit or soul and its bodies is a sin. Smoking is one of the worst sins that a man can commit. Not only is  smoking the cause of deadly cancers and cardivascular problems but smoking does not just harm the smoker but pollutes the fresh air that should be available to all creatures, thus endagering the lives of non-smokers. But worst still is the spiritual consequences of smoking. A healthy physical body is a requirment for the proper animation of the body by the spirit or soul. Smoking not only weakens the physical body but does terrible damage to the radiation connection through which the soul or the spirit animates the physical body. One of those radiation connection is what is often called the astral body. Smoking literally densifies the astral body making is difficult for the radiation of the soul or spirt to reach the physical body unhindered. The blockage of  the radiation of the soul handicaps the ability of the spirt to control the body. Such a person is now like a car without a driver. One can write volumes on the effect of this sin of man on the spiritual development of man but since some people will term such descriptions as fiction, it is better not to reproduce in real time how ugly and dense the astral body of smokers look and how such density has a role in the cause of physical illness, disturbances of the brain , sudden death of an apparently healthy person, dramatic reduction in life span and incapacity to understand God and his will.

Worse if a smoker becomes addicted to his sin, it forms a propensity that goes beyound the astral body and torch upon the bodies closer to the the spirit of man. That means that even after physical death, such a smoker has the irresistable desire to smoke and are earthbound to pubs and clubs where they can experience the sensation through smokers on earth. Often, such earthbound souls which some people regard as ghosts hunt these places for decades, centuries or even for thousands of years. Most times they are not noticed until a human being provide an anchorage for them to manifest, hence the haunting.

What occures with smoking also happen with other sins of propensity including sexual immorality, gluttony etc. Our body is a gift of God and must be kept pure. If not, not only will our bodies suffer harm but the spiritual development of man is harmed and in many cases fatally.

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2009
All of una dey spend too much time on the internet, o ya, line up, hell faya.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 1:32am On Mar 14, 2009
M-Nwankwo,

Not only is smoking the cause of deadly cancers and cardivascular problems

Cocacola and Ice cream cause acute diabetes

But worst still is the spiritual consequences of smoking. A healthy physical body is a requirment for the proper animation of the body by the spirit or soul. Smoking not only weakens the physical body but does terrible damage to the radiation connection through which the soul or the spirit animates the physical body. One of those radiation connection is what is often called the astral body.

Same with Sugar, Drinking cocacola and eating fatty food, Not exercising, Sedentary livestyle . I guess all these are sins too.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 1:34am On Mar 14, 2009
Spikey I say reinstate that picshurr na
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by bawomolo(m): 3:45am On Mar 14, 2009
if smoking is a sin, then is eating foods high in cholesterol a sin? fatty foods cause harm to the lord's temple (our body) remember?

dayokanu:

Spikey I say reinstate that picshurr na

Spikey is married to Alhaji Dawodu, she wears an hijab now. true story.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Viable(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2009
The warning on every pack of cigarette says, 'smokers are liable to die young'. that means that anybody who smokes is intentionally poisoning himself/herself. what can you call that? simply sucide. the type commited by judas iscariot. anybody who takes away his life may not make heaven.b
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2009
@viable,

Do you know the harm sugar and fatty food does to the Lords temple?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by mnwankwo(m): 12:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
dayokanu:

M-Nwankwo,

Cocacola and Ice cream cause acute diabetes

Same with Sugar, Drinking cocacola and eating fatty food, Not exercising, Sedentary livestyle . I guess all these are sins too.

Eating of unhealthy foods, sendatry life styles etc are sins and the physical evidence is not far to see. The spiritual consequences are unseen to most people but they are even worse than the diseases these unhealthy habits bring about. As I said, the physical body is a gift of God and must be maintained as God demands. If not, the body will quickly deteriorate , and disease and physical death will be the outcome. Of course in a world where most people do not care about God or his will, people do as the wish but the consequences of our decades of wrong living is there for anybody who still cares to see. Obesity, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, malignancies of all kinds, infertility, increased mutation rate in our genes, psychiatric problems are just some of the immediate consequences of waton disregard of Gods will as it pertains to our physical body. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by KunleOshob(m): 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2009
m_nwankwo:

Eating of unhealthy foods, sendatry life styles etc are sins and the physical evidence is not far to see. The spiritual consequences are unseen to most people but they are even worse than the diseases these unhealthy habits bring about. As I said, the physical body is a gift of God and must be maintained as God demands. If not, the body will quickly deteriorate , and disease and physical death will be the outcome. Of course in a world where most people do not care about God or his will, people do as the wish but the consequences of our decades of wrong living is there for anybody who still cares to see. Obesity, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, malignancies of all kinds, infertility, increased mutation rate in our genes, psychiatric problems are just some of the immediate consequences of waton disregard of Gods will as it pertains to our physical body. Cheers

So how do we choose which healthy foods to consume as a lot of items (such as red meat and eggs) which forms part of our regular diet have been described as unhealthy by nutritionists. Is there any list of approved foods we can consume ordained by God?
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Viable(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2009
Attn.Dayokanu, Moderate intake of sugar and foods containing fatty acid may not harm your body. Almost all carbohydrate foods contain sugar after all. Sugar i think may be unhealthy when you abuse it. So it is advisable to take moderately that which is good and abstain completely from that which is bad. Cigarette in it's nature is insidious poison and should be avoided.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by mnwankwo(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2009
KunleOshob:

So how do we choose which healthy foods to consume as a lot of items (such as red meat and eggs) which forms part of our regular diet have been described as unhealthy by nutritionists. Is there any list of approved foods we can consume ordained by God?

There are a lot of healthy foods we can choose from. But also note that balance and moderation are the keys. A healthy food eaten too much becomes unhealthy and harms the body just like food, air or drink that are intrinsically unhealthy. Red meat is not good especially for adults. Egg is healthy provided it is not taken in excess. Keep to white meat like poutry or better still eat fresh fish. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and in Naija, there are plenty of choices. Exercise regularly and learn how to inhale and exhale deeply on a regular basis that it becomes a normal beathing rhythm for you. Above all we should keep the heart of our thoughts pure and obey the supreme commandment that Jesus gave to all mankind. It will not be much long for one who joyfully does all these to see a dramatic change in his body, mind and spirit. If we eat, drink, and breathe as God ordained, many diseases will cease to exist. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by dayokanu(m): 3:11am On Mar 17, 2009
Anyone with a bottleof cocacola is a sinner cos he is destroying his God given body.
Anyone driving all day and avoiding exercise is a sinner cos he is also not maintaining the body God gave him with exercise.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by bunmii(f): 5:44am On Mar 19, 2009
More likely a sin
I see it this way

There is nothing in the bible that condemns smoking but we are in a time that there are many evidences that smoking destroys the lungs so in a way smoking destroys the body which is a temple of the Lord and that is inarguably a sin.

Moreover Smoking can become a terrible addiction, you have no control over it, it becomes so difficult to quit and that is not exercising self control which is a sin in the bible.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by annyplenty(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2009
I still expect to hear Islamic view about this topic.
Re: Is Cigarette Smoking A Sin? by Pepeye(f): 1:25pm On May 09, 2009
Its not a sin but neither is it right for the body, it doesn’t add anything to the body except to destroy it eventually

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified / Shocking Messages To Pastors From Those Who Saw Heaven/hell And Came Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.