Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion (60835 Views)

Church Building Mishap: Akwa Ibom Governor Orders Arrest Of Contractor / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by morbeta(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2015
M4gunners:
I smell another scam. You people should just stop this praise song Buhari leading by example nonsense. You arrested someone who extorted person of such amount, just because he has refunded the money as you claim, you just set him free just like that? I refuse to be fooled again. For me this is his strategy so that when jailing others, people we say yes after all he did it to his inlaw.

Though am pro-Baba but I take this news with a pnitch of salt. Baba can't just free his inlaw just after refunds. There must be purnishment

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 29, 2015
he should be prosecuted also and not just released on bail.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by tiredface: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2015
I THOUGHT THEY'RE FASTING?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by uboma(m): 10:59am On Jun 29, 2015
M4gunners:
I smell another scam. You people should just stop this praise song Buhari leading by example nonsense. You arrested someone who extorted person of such amount, just because he has refunded the money as you claim, you just set him free just like that? I refuse to be fooled again. For me this is his strategy so that when jailing others, people we say yes after all he did it to his inlaw.

I share same sentiments. Why grant bail to him for refunding the money? He should be prosecuted.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by sarmiie(m): 11:08am On Jun 29, 2015
gnaira:

If you ask me Its stage-managed to suit the days/motives ahead. Why not imprison the culprit

Bros, anything naija news these days has to be taken not with a pinch but a bucket of salt.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by mygee33(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2015
If only I can believe this tori!!!
Unless I see him in court
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by M4gunners: 11:20am On Jun 29, 2015
lastpage:

You Mister, are really a BIG FOOL!

Did you not read where it was written in the article that "Mr. Yola was RELEASED ON BAIL?

And in case you dont still gerrit, it means he will appear in court, to face possible jail time, before a competent Judge.

I know it is difficult to believe something like this can happen, when you have been used to the impunity of the likes of Jonathan and his Shepopotamus.

But you will soon get used to it.
This 'Dongo-Mallam' means business...... Now tell me, if he did not spare his own in-law, how would he spare YOU THIEVES?
LOOTERS BE WARNED, KIRIKIRI NEEDS INMATES.

Lastpage!
I only have to quote you because you seems different from the others that quoted me . What will happen to the Looters surrounding him?
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by front247: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2015
I am for everybody and l am for nobody.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by ahaz: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
spyx64:
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered Nigeria’s security agents to arrest his brother-in-law for allegedly extorting money from an unnamed businessman, a close confidante of the Nigerian leader told SaharaReporters. He said the suspect, named Musa Yola, was the immediate younger brother of Mr. Buhari’s wife.

Alhaji Musa Yola
Our source disclosed that the suspect, also addressed as “Alhaji Yola,” reportedly received N300 million from a businessman after promising to provide his dupe with political access to secure an oil block from the Buhari administration. According to our source, Mr. Buhari personally ordered last Monday night that Mr. Yola be produced before him in handcuffs in the company of the businessman he duped.

After telling the businessman that he was stupid to part with such significant cash when he should know that he, Mr. Buhari, would not participate in fraud, the president ordered agents of the State Security Services (SSS) attached to Aso Rock Villa to thoroughly investigate the scam. He also ordered the SSS operatives to ensure that the businessman recovered his money from his brother-in-law.

An SSS source told SaharaReporters, “Alhaji Yola has refunded the money to the affected businessman.” He added: “Alhaji Yola has been released on bail.”

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/28/president-buhari-orders-arrest-wife%E2%80%99s-younger-brother-over-alleged-extortion
ha-ha hahaha wow sharia reporters will make a good Comedians as a blog, anyway na comic relief.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Touchforfree(m): 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
M4gunners:
For me this is his strategy so that when jailing others, people will say yes after all he did it to his inlaw.

STRATEGY you called this ?.

D man in question is PMB's in-law and did you think a Hausa man will watch dumbfoundedly with somebody spoilling his name because he's a president ?.

If ds man perform a worthy accolade, why not let's all support him.

GOD SAVE NIGERIA.........
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by free13: 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
ApexTitan:
The rate at which false stories are manufactured regarding Buhari and his administration is amazing. It's early days yet and we've had enough falsehood to last the entire year.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by cfame1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by cfame1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Pangea:
This is how to set the example!
Oga Yola! You think your sister na Patience Jonathan Abi?
Even if Aishat is implicated na divorce be that!
PMB former wife getting help from Babangida was enough to send her packing!
Let all the hangers on and family members in this new dispensation, watch and learn!
It's no longer business as usual!

Abegi.....http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/buhari-did-not-order-arrest-of-first-ladys-brother/
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
seedord247:

Your brain must have been hacked by those village witch.....

You prolly missed this part right..... "“Alhaji Yola,” reportedly received N300 million from a businessman after promising to provide his dupe with political access to secure an oil block from the Buhari administration."

Learn to read and comprehend abeg....
Don't mind the Id*iot abeg. That guy is one of the useless old men on nairaland.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by cfame1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by poiZon: 1:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
propaganda at its best!
abeg pix dey?
pix of both criminals or adonbilivit!
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by aknessy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
M4gunners:
I smell another scam. You people should just stop this praise song Buhari leading by example nonsense. You arrested someone who extorted person of such amount, just because he has refunded the money as you claim, you just set him free just like that? I refuse to be fooled again. For me this is his strategy so that when jailing others, people will say yes after all he did it to his inlaw.
Well, I guess only time will tell! I just dey watch!
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Themandator: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
Story for the gods... Brought to him in handcuffs by the much hated and feared dss...

And he has refunded the money and released on bail

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Layksaide(m): 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2015
NLs. Don't be deceived by this cheap propaganda, self appraisal of men of PMB. If its true let them show us the pix of the said duper and the duped cos if it is ordinary Nigerian you will see their pictures on FP

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Truckpusher(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
philips70:

Both you and other doubters and those who tend to believe because it's Buhari have good reasons to. Your point is very valid and the story looks more like beer parlour gossip. But sometimes not all beer parlour gossips are not true. Many of those who believe do so not because they have any confirmation but just because it's Buhari. What about if it's just some story meant to brush up the image of the president by some overzealous followers?

In cases like this I decide to be on the fence of observation. If I don't hear more of it in proper criminal prosecution again I will totally dismiss it. Then there are people outside Nairaland who can confirm identity of "Alhaji Yola". If he exists does it mean Aisha and the brother will be happy their family name is brought to disrepute just to wash the president's image? That doesn't sound right.

Yet, this is Nairaland where every news that favours your narrative is true while that which is against is from the pit of hell and the arguments continue.
Well, I got your drift.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Truckpusher(m): 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
sameer1212:
Don't mind the Id*iot abeg. That guy is one of the useless old men on nairaland.
Still crying from the ass whooping I gave to your miserable bastardized life? undecided grin grin

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Truckpusher(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
@nkemdi89.................Well, you do have a great point but considering Buhari's rise on the mantra of 'I will fight corruption' and 'I am the incorruptible one' we do not expect to see such a caricature and shameful propaganda to be passed as a fit worth celebrating for and rejoicing over - It is basically insulting our collective intelligence ,don't you think?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by donemitex1: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
Exactly what i was thinking. Returning the money and releasing him on bail is not enough. He should be tried in court and jailed subsequently, then i will believe he is out for business.
M4gunners:
I smell another scam. You people should just stop this praise song Buhari leading by example nonsense. You arrested someone who extorted person of such amount, just because he has refunded the money as you claim, you just set him free just like that? I refuse to be fooled again. For me this is his strategy so that when jailing others, people will say yes after all he did it to his inlaw.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by blank(f): 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
Who is lying and who is telling the truth?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185822-buhari-has-not-ordered-arrest-of-brother-in-law.html

Reports that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the Department of State Sevice, DSS, to arrest his wife’s younger brother, Musa Yola, over suspicion of fraud, are untrue.

PREMIUM TIMES contacted presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, and he categorically denied the reports.

“It is definitely not true, there is no iota of truth on this report there is no basis for the president to do that,” Mr. Shehu said.

Also, the man who is said to have been arrested, Mr. Yola, called PREMIUM TIMES and said he was shocked to see reports of his purported arrests in the social media.

“As we speak, I am in the President’s office and I was with him last night,” he said.

Mr. Yola also said he has never been involved in forgery or fraud and has never been arrested by either the Police or SSS or any security agency for that matter.

He also said he has never been to any police station or SSS office as an accused person.

“I simply don’t know or understand who is behind these malicious rumours,” he said.

Reports posted online said President Buhari ordered the DSS to arrest Mr. Yola after he duped a businessman N300 million promising to aid him acquire an oil bloc.

The reports also said Mr. Yola had refunded the money and that he was granted bail by the SSS.

The spokesperson of the SSS, Marilyn Ogar, could not be reached Monday.

However, a source in the DSS confirmed to us that “there was no such order from the President”.

He also said the SSS had no one in detention bearing the name Musa Yola in recent times.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2015
Truckpusher:
Still crying from the ass whooping I gave to your miserable bastardized life? undecided grin grin
U are an Id+iot old fool Carry your ugly face commot for my front abeg. Frustration and poverty will need u more than I do. Nonsense.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Truckpusher(m): 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
sameer1212:
U are an Id+iot old fool Carry your ugly face commot for my front abeg. Frustration and poverty will need u more than I do. Nonsense.
grin

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by AlPeter: 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
neocortex:
Another lie from the spin masters , when did security agent duty becomes that of Buhari.
Who told Buhari that is in law is a fraud ?
Was it the pokiuce who called him or the victim.
Shame on saharareporter.
this is shameful. If you want to criticize atleast sound reasonable small even if you are not.
If you go steal from your sister's neighbours and you are caught won't your entire family be aware.
Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by neocortex: 4:51am On Jun 30, 2015
AlPeter:

this is shameful. If you want to criticize atleast sound reasonable small even if you are not.
If you go steal from your sister's neighbours and you are caught won't your entire family be aware.

Now you see how dumb your reasoning is ?
Buhari has denied the news you his slave was rejoicing on.
To you every news that is favorable to Buhari is true and the opposite is false.SMH.

I expected that some of you will get your senses back after being brainwashed during the election.
but alas everything remain stagnant for you guys.
You can either free yourself from unfounded fanaticism or remain Buhari's slave forever.
The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 30, 2015
teadrake:

You shall be duly appreciated if you can highlight one technique used by your brother( Gej) during his regime in curbing corrupt practices, instead he kept shielding them.you're just pathetic calling your President dullard,that truly indicated you have no respect for old age( The man is old enough to be your FATHER for crying out loud)let me remind you of one popular saying which goes thus "What goes around, comes around"
You're a degraded f00l.... Why should I bother myself to explain to you the technicalities GEJ used in tackling corruption when you never cared...why do you care to know now?
He didn't shield corruption... You imbecilic m0r0n.. He tendered presidential pardon to people... He gave them a second chance to make amends of their mistakes... Which is a crystal explanation of DEMOCRACY.... In a democratic regime.... There is a pardon... People are not condemn to death.... Take note... You Baztard....!
Your Daura-Dullard accused GEJ of letting corrupt minded politicians to be walking free... And now he's the president.... He's letting his brother inlaw walk free on bail.... His brother inlaw will definitely go out there and dupe more business people.... The Dullard of a president should man-up and prosecute his brother inlaw before pointing fingers on other corrupt personnels.. Failure to do this will not only make him weak..but a dullard...
When you accused GEJ and be calling him all sort of names... It didn't occur to you that he was ur father's age mate, right? You're one f00l I'd love to knock... You idi0ts abused and accused GEJ..and you think Buhari will not have the same in returns? You're ignorant of karma.... What goes around comes around... As you insulted my president so is ur president insulted... You can cry out very loud.... When u're done crying...you'll wipe ur tears and move on with ur stoopidity!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 30, 2015
lastpage:

And in case you dont still gerrit, it means he will appear in court, to face possible jail time, before a competent Judge.
You're the BiggEST f00L....
What do you know? You're confusing urself...
One can be release on bail in many ways... From the police station... You can be release on bail..
One can equally be release on bail from the court and the court will grant it..the person will be moving from his house to the court to face judgement...this is after which the culprit must have been charged to serve in the prison first!...
He was release on bail... Not to face the court.... But for the DSS to investigate more on the matter... The idi0t was set free to go and sleep and then look for more businessmen to dupe.. And you're singing praises... You're more than a f00l.... Infact... U're a Baztard...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion by teadrake(m): 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
foxxynik:

You're a degraded f00l.... Why should I bother myself to explain to you the technicalities GEJ used in tackling corruption when you never cared...why do you care to know now?
He didn't shield corruption... You imbecilic m0r0n.. He tendered presidential pardon to people... He gave them a second chance to make amends of their mistakes... Which is a crystal explanation of DEMOCRACY.... In a democratic regime.... There is a pardon... People are not condemn to death.... Take note... You Baztard....!
Your Daura-Dullard accused GEJ of letting corrupt minded politicians to be walking free... And now he's the president.... He's letting his brother inlaw walk free on bail.... His brother inlaw will definitely go out there and dupe more business people.... The Dullard of a president should man-up and prosecute his brother inlaw before pointing fingers on other corrupt personnels.. Failure to do this will not only make him weak..but a dullard...
When you accused GEJ and be calling him all sort of names... It didn't occur to you that he was ur father's age mate, right? You're one f00l I'd love to knock... You idi0ts abused and accused GEJ..and you think Buhari will not have the same in returns? You're ignorant of karma.... What goes around comes around... As you insulted my president so is ur president insulted... You can cry out very loud.... When u're done crying...you'll wipe ur tears and move on with ur stoopidity!
A filthy mouth they said will not utter decent language. Via your write up,you've demonstrated your despicable and unfortunate level of reasoning. I can only conclude that an alternation of generation exist between your rotten cerebrum, down to your cranium and lasted till your entire thinking ability got faded.So unfortunate mediocre like you are given the privilege to comment on a sensitive issue when you brain is empty like our President alleged of your miserable kin.I shall await your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lere Olayinka Blasts Stephanie Otobo Over Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / FAKE Picture Trending On Whatsapp As "Fulani Herdsmen" Attacks On Lagos Ibadan E / Nnamdi Kanu's Younger Brother, Emmanuel At Federal High Court Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.