Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas (7438 Views)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Thread For Those In Inter-tribal Relationship And Marriage / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by djcrown(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2015
Why do parents from Ondo Ekiti warn their children not to ever attempt marrying Abeokuta/Ijebu natives? ??

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by glimpse33(m): 8:23am On Jun 30, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by 9niceguy(m): 8:30am On Jun 30, 2015
It is Due to their experience o.
Like i heard that Abeokuta/Ijebus are wicked (pls pardon me for saying that, that's what I was told).
And more so, Once you marry their lady as a man, your wife will never allow you to care or even attend to any of your relation anymore. And if a lady marry their men, it is like he use her for money rituals.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 30, 2015
d Ijebus r extremely abusive, gullible, Self centered (but not as much as d other tribe knwn 4 it o)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by djcrown(m): 8:41am On Jun 30, 2015
*if your fiancee is an Ijebu or Abeokuta native, then your relationship status is SINGLE*.
So do mom's say to the loving children around here... where did the Ijebu/Abeokuta geh their bad reps from
It has really program my mind, no matter how good looking or good hearted a lady might be, If she's Ijebu/Abeokuta, it's no go area... I think this issue need to be re-adressed
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by missKiffy(f): 8:47am On Jun 30, 2015
djcrown:
Why do parents from Ondo Ekiti warn their children not to ever attempt marrying Abeokuta/Ijebu natives? ??
Not only Yorubas, it happens in the igbo tribe too, some of them are skeptical about marrying from Ngwa and osu
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 30, 2015
Nonsense! If this was 1800s,the sayings might be correct. Why? Then, one grew up where he or she was born. The things that informed and shaped his values and character were found in his immediate environment :family, peers, institutions etc. But now one's values and character are also shaped by things that are not immediate to him:TV, radio, school etc. In fact many are not even born or raised in their ancestral homes.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Agrika: 9:01am On Jun 30, 2015
missKiffy:

Not only Yorubas, it happens in the igbo tribe too, some of them are skeptical about marrying from Ngwa and osu
Tell me wetin concern igbos with this matter now, are ijebus or ondos igbos?

12 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by missKiffy(f): 9:07am On Jun 30, 2015
Agrika:

Tell me wetin concern igbos with this matter now, ijebus or ondos igbos?
Question for the gods
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 30, 2015
Agrika:

Tell me wetin concern igbos with this matter now, ijebus or ondos igbos?
Inferiority complex.
If any tribe don't mention Igbo in their argument, they won't fill fufilled. undecided

11 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by damiso(f): 10:31am On Jun 30, 2015
chowlade:
d Ijebus r extremely abusive, gullible, Self centered (but not as much as d other tribe knwn 4 it o)

* rolling eyes* emoticon needed. So a self centred person can also gullible? undecided

@ OP they are just stereotypes that have been passed down from generation. Try to deal with people on an individual character basis. Not easy I know cos stereotypes tend to allow you form an opinion about a person.If you can get past it and try to see them for WHO they are and not what their tribe or ethnic background is known for, the world will be a better place.

9 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by tpiander: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2015
djcrown:

So how do you account for the high intermarriage between the places you mentioned, especially ekiti and ogun state?
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by sweet2blv: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2015
please i will like to marry ijebu lady i am from the north central(yoruba)
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by djcrown(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
tpiander:

So how do you account for the high intermarriage between the places you mentioned, especially ekiti and ogun state?

I think the intermarriage among the two states you've possibly witnessed occurred long time ago probably in the 80's and I absolutely believe that the families of the victims who are already into it are now responsible for the campaign against such intermarriage nowadays... moreover, I don't know about the other towns and villages in Ogun state, but the testimony I've heard about Abeokuta and Ijebu is not promising at all.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by ladygogo: 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
The never ending Abeokuta/Ijebu beef with Ondo/Ekiti peeps. grin

There is really no need though, but its always fun to hear when my Dad, who is from Abeokuta throwing shade at Ijebu peeps. grin

Yeah, and they are from the same Ogun state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
ladygogo:
The never ending Abeokuta/Ijebu beef with Ondo/Ekiti peeps. grin

There is really no need though, but its always fun to hear when my Dad, who is from Abeokuta throwing shade at Ijebu peeps. grin

Yeah, and they are from the same Ogun state.

ijebus are generally despised!
the egbas don't like ijebus too even though they are in the same state. it's what it is - until the present generation of our parents pass away, the ijebus would always get the stick.

**runs off before damiso lands here**

2 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by ladygogo: 12:26am On Jul 01, 2015
coogar:

ijebus are generally despised!
the egbas don't like ijebus too even though they are in the same state. it's what it is - until the present generation of our parents pass away, the ijebus would always get the stick.

**runs off before damiso lands here**

Lol. I dont know why o.

Even my Dad's driver was telling me he can't stand ijebu peeps, especially the women. grin. I was like really. undecided

You better run before Damiso shows you her ijebu side. grin grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 1:47am On Jul 01, 2015
OP, the feeling is very mutual o. Ijebus do not also like to infiltrate their royal lineage. Shioooooorrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by tpiander: 3:55am On Jul 01, 2015
djcrown:

I think the intermarriage among the two states you've possibly witnessed occurred long time ago probably in the 80's and I absolutely believe that the families of the victims who are already into it are now responsible for the campaign against such intermarriage nowadays... moreover, I don't know about the other towns and villages in Ogun state, but the testimony I've heard about Abeokuta and Ijebu is not promising at all.

the intermarriage right now is very high.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by rckdude: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2015
djcrown:

My dad is Egba, mum is Ondo. Am getting married to an Ekiti girl. Although I agree there is some form of beef btw Ijebus and Egbas, that hasn't stopped them from marrying each other.

I think its silly to say u won't marry a well cultured Yoruba girl because she is from a particular clan.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by dangotesmummy: 9:07am On Jul 01, 2015
Kim shey e.mey like dedene tonshey grin tongue

I speak and type ijebu fluently so be warned grin
ladygogo:

Lol. I dont know why o.

Even my Dad's driver was telling me he can't stand ijebu peeps, especially the women. grin. I was like really. undecided

You better run before Damiso shows you her ijebu side. grin grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by ladygogo: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
dangotesmummy:
Kim shey e.mey like dedene tonshey grin tongue

I speak and type ijebu fluently so be warned grin

Kulyie are you Ijebu? grin grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Stillfire: 2:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Tribal war on Family section... shocked
Ijebu VS Ekiti cool cool cool cheesy
Round 1

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by tpiander: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ijebus and Ekitis are making love,not war.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
tpiander:
Ijebus and Ekitis are making love,not war.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Haywhymido(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Only God knws what cause such hatred. You people av to move on 4 how long will hold on to such distasteful belief
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by damiso(f): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kimoni:
OP, the feeling is very mutual o. Ijebus do not also like to infiltrate their royal lineage. Shioooooorrrrrrr

Coogar ladygogo my ijebu sister has helped me cool

Kimoni are you my ijebu sister kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
damiso:

kimoni is from osogbo grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
damiso:

kiss kiss

Of course Damiso. Don't mind Coogar o

I am from that South America Country that migrated to Naija but we added "I" as a prefix to our Naija town to still identify with our roots
grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
coogar:

kimoni is from osogbo grin

grin grin grin

In your dreams tongue tongue

Let me see your legs in Mancunian land penre if I won't call the police
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kimoni:

kiss kiss

Of course Da miso. Don't mind Co ogar o

I am from that South America Country that migrated to Naija but we added "I" as a prefix to our Naija town to still identify with our roots
grin
Wow!! I had a high school classmate and they migrated from Ghana to Badagry, Lagos.

He has both yoruba and Ghanaian surname hyphenated.
Yoruba culture is diversed.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by tpiander: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kimoni:

grin

where is that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am No Longer Interested In Sex With My Hubby / Help Me: My Husband Wants To Run A Dna Test On Our 5 Children / Unmarried Mothers To Be Fined In Chinese City To Cut Size Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.