Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas (7452 Views)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Thread For Those In Inter-tribal Relationship And Marriage / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin

In your dreams tongue tongue

Let me see your legs in Mancunian land penre if I won't call the police

the great manchester police are on my payroll. they will probably arrest you instead. manchy is my hood. the only reason i didn't contest in my constituency this year is because i moved up north. grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
coogar:

the great manchester police are on my payroll. they will probably arrest you instead. manchy is my hood. the only reason i didn't contest in my constituency this year is because i moved up north. grin

grin grin grin

You can make mouth shocked shocked choi

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 9:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
tpiander:

where is that.

Sorry tpia, I don't want to give it away but Ijebus will be quick to know the place from that description
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 9:15pm On Jul 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

Wow!! I had a high school classmate and they migrated from Ghana to Badagry, Lagos.

He has both yoruba and Ghanaian surname hyphenated.
Yoruba culture is diversed.

Interesting...

Yorubas migrate to and from everywhere for various reasons

South America and Lagos Island are very common examples

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin

You can make mouth shocked shocked choi

no mouth-making.....

Kimoni:

kiss kiss
Of course Damiso. Don't mind Coogar o
I am from that South America Country that migrated to Naija but we added "I" as a prefix to our Naija town to still identify with our roots
grin

i-peru grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
coogar:

i-peru grin

cool cool cool grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by cococandy(f): 6:27am On Jul 02, 2015
9niceguy:
It is Due to their experience o.
Like i heard that Abeokuta/Ijebus are wicked (pls pardon me for saying that, that's what I was told).
And more so, Once you marry their lady as a man, your wife will never allow you to care or even attend to any of your relation anymore. And if a lady marry their men, it is like he use her for money rituals.
must you repeat what you're told even without evidence? That's how falsehood keeps being Perpetuated for generations

5 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by KanwuliaJara: 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
Because those kinds of people are only good to marry themselves o!
You don meet the them? shocked
Mehn! E get as them dey do o!
Very miserable set of peeps!
And you can NEVER refine them o! cry

Ooooooooh! Dem love "GOD" pass Jesus too! cheesy
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by ladygogo: 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

kimoni is from osogbo grin

@ Damiso. I saw that. grin. There is no small Ijebu person shey you know. grin

@coogar. she said she is from Ijebu now.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by ladygogo: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
cococandy:
must you repeat what you're told even without evidence? That's how falsehood keeps being Perpetuated for generations

grin grin grin

As an Abeokuta woman I do all of that and more. cheesy
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by cococandy(f): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
ladygogo:

grin grin grin

abi cheesy
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
ladygogo:

@ Damiso. I saw that. grin. There is no small Ijebu person shey you know. grin

@coogar. she said she is from Ijebu now.

iperu is not ijebu.....she's just trying to claim. only damiso & shymmex are originally from ijebu. kimoni's village is 30km away from ijebu-ode.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 5:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

iperu is not ijebu.....she's just trying to claim. only damiso & shymmex are originally from ijebu. kimoni's village is 30km away from ijebu-ode.

Wrong spelling, it's I-Peru. I'll sue you ooo

lol..you know my Ijebu is not even mixed at all

Father, mother, paternal and maternal grandparents, hubby all from this great lineage tongue tongue tongue so tell me more
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 5:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
Kimoni:

Wrong spelling, it's I-Peru. I'll sue you ooo

lol..you know my Ijebu is not even mixed at all

Father, mother, paternal and maternal grandparents, hubby all from this great lineage tongue tongue tongue so tell me more

hehe...
provide an ample evidence....lemme see your birth certificate to be sure you are really from i-peru.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

hehe...
provide an ample evidence....lemme see your birth certificate to be sure you are really from i-peru.

grin grin You want NL to crash again abi?
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin You want NL to crash again abi?

seun has invested half of his savings on new servers. NL cannot crash again.....upload the BC cheesy
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

seun has invested half of his savings on new servers. NL cannot crash again.....upload the BC cheesy

He says the servers have not been tested, so he declined my request sad
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Kimoni:

He says the servers have not been tested, so he declined my request sad

until you provide the evidence, you are still an osogbo citizen. grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

until you provide the evidence, you are still an osogbo citizen. grin

grin grin

In your dream only tongue
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by scribble: 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
chowlade:
d Ijebus r extremely abusive, gullible, Self centered (but not as much as d other tribe knwn 4 it o)

You are a proper idiot...

Which lame excuse of an educational system produced the mind that conjured those words

Looking at your Dp I know it's a complex issue

Ijebu Man

2 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by damiso(f): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

Though ijebu ode peeps are the most cosmopolitan of the lot tongue

Iperu is ijebu...even shagamu is ijebu.Ago iwoye, ijebu igbo, odogbolu etc are all Ijebus.There are even Ijebus In Epe, ikorodu etc..Ijebus are spread far across ogun state and some parts of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
damiso:

Iperu is ijebu...even shagamu is ijebu.Ago iwoye, ijebu igbo, odogbolu etc are all Ijebus.There are even Ijebus In Epe, ikorodu etc..Ijebus are spread far across ogun state and some parts of Lagos.

here comes damiso - the one & only authentic princess of the ijebu kingdom. so are you saying we should count kimoni as an ijebu citizen? grin cheesy
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

here comes damiso - the one & only authentic princess of the ijebu kingdom. so are you saying we should count kimoni as an ijebu citizen? grin cheesy

grin grin

the only half-caste people in Naija
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by damiso(f): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2015
coogar:

grin grin grin grin

Yes o Kimoni is Ijebu.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by dangotesmummy: 9:42am On Jul 21, 2015
ladygogo:

Kulyie are you Ijebu? grin grin
no I'm not but I've attended enough ojude oba festivals to understand ijebu grin

Bet una awujale get fashionistas as wife o grin

them fit spend their life savings on owanmbe party grin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by dangotesmummy: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2015
damiso:

dede omo awujale eweso o cheesy gringrin
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by dangotesmummy: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2015
ladygogo:

grin grin grin

so you are an abeokuta woman cheesy

you must like lafun and efo riro well well grin

abi ikokore or ebiripo grin
bet why una abeokuta and ijebu ode peeps like rivalring over supremacy meanwhile you dress alike build houses alike and speak similar languages grin

secondly why e be say una like party pass una name. If I say lagbaja is in the hospital we need 20 k for him to survive or tamedu is in school he needs 40 k as school fees una go say e no dey but if I bring owanmbe lace of 60 k or jewellery una no go think twice before you pay immediately cheesy
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by damiso(f): 11:56am On Jul 21, 2015
cool grin grin grin

Sambarry I have ijebu and Lagos island blood mixed together, the two worst 'so called owambe culprits 'and sometimes going to owambe is like torture for me.

So see your assertion is not always true and I would rather give to charity than buy lace.

The ones in my wardrobe sef how many times do I wear them ?

2 Likes

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Shymm3x: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
chowlade:
d Ijebus r extremely abusive, gullible, Self centered (but not as much as d other tribe knwn 4 it o)

Lol, and I thought Ibadan folks were the most abusive and all other Yorubas bar Ijebus were the gullible and docile ones. grin The Ijebu merchant doesn't even care - we're getting money and leaving our footprints everywhere. Who cares about who doesn't wanna marry who when there are billions of women of all nationalities, races, and ethnicities everywhere? That is their loss - Ijebus are money makers and industrialists.

@OP

People just hate what they don't understand and can't stand what they can't conquer. It has to do with innate inferiority complex than anything.

1 Like

Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by Kimoni: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
dangotesmummy:
so you are an abeokuta woman cheesy

you must like lafun and efo riro well well grin

abi ikokore or ebiripo grin
bet why una abeokuta and ijebu ode peeps like rivalring over supremacy meanwhile you dress alike build houses alike and speak similar languages grin

secondly why e be say una like party pass una name. If I say lagbaja is in the hospital we need 20 k for him to survive or tamedu is in school he needs 40 k as school fees una go say e no dey but if I bring owanmbe lace of 60 k or jewellery una no go think twice before you pay immediately cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Damiso come and hear Kulyie oooo
I don't even know how you respond to her
Kulyie, who like party reash you for this NL
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by coogar: 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, and I thought Ibadan folks were the most abusive and all other Yorubas bar Ijebus were the gullible and docile ones. grin The Ijebu merchant doesn't even care - we're getting money and leaving our footprints everywhere. Who cares about who doesn't wanna marry who when there are billions of women of all nationalities, races, and ethnicities everywhere? That is their loss - Ijebus are money makers and industrialists.

@OP

People just hate what they don't understand and can't stand what they can't conquer. It has to do with innate inferiority complex than anything.

that's exactly the issue here. ijebus are generally frowned at cos they make that money by any means necessary. they turn the issue into a do-or-die affair.
Re: Why The Need For Intra Tribal Martial Issues Among The Yorubas by dangotesmummy: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Damiso come and hear Kulyie oooo
I don't even know how you respond to her
Kulyie, who like party reash you for this NL
na ijebu ladies o wink grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Lack Of Money The Leading Cause Of Marital Unhappiness And Divorce? / Would You Date/marry Someone With Divorced Parents? / 100 Most Influential Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.