Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage (29716 Views)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage? / Inter-tribal Marraiges / Thread For Those In Inter-tribal Relationship And Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by BaesDiary: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I knew she was in pains, pains from the words of her to-be mother-in-law. I was moved. she had always been the good girl, the good girl with a big heart. And oh! She is the definition a wife material. Her fiancé knows this, and I guess that is the reason he wants to fight it to the end. he has told his mom to let him be and marry the girl of his choice, but the woman has been a thorn in his flesh, a thorn in their flash.

To-be mother-in-law have sworn never to be a part of that marriage. The thought of his son ending up with a woman from another tribe was nauseating to her. What the hell was wrong with him? There are beautiful women from his tribe, that surround her, but his son was just too blind to see them. Maybe he has been bewitched by the lady he claims to love, who knows?

Fiance has tried all he could to make his mom love and accept his woman. Initially, his siblings loved the relationship, but before we knew it, mother has won them to her side. Okay, I get it, blood is thicker than water....

Babe has made up her mind to fight it through, this is a man that has given all of him for her to be a better person. In her words, "who would replace the sweetest man I ever know?". Babe doesn't care what the future holds with her future in-laws, as long as he wants her, she is ready to continue with the daily dose of phone calls of threats and insults from her future in-laws. Inter-tribal marriage dilemma!

This brings us to these questions that beg some answers:

1. Should we go into an intertribal marriage that lacks the consent, approval or happiness of our parents?

2. Should a woman who has the love and support of her man do what it takes to marry him and ignore signs of all the impending-troubles?

3. Why do people kick against inter-tribal marriages? Are there disadvantages of inter-tribal marriages?

This post first appeared on this blog - Bae's Diary!

Source: http://www.baesdiary.com.ng/2017/04/how-do-i-deal-with-dilemma-of-inter.html#more

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by gurunlocker: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Love conquer everything. But some times, those forces might affect the future.

11 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by paulsibility(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Tribe or no tribe...By all means, marry. If you get a good wife/husband, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

if you marry outside your tribe, you have more problems to contend with...
marriage is not just between the two people involved.. families and relatives matter as well, and sometimes they tend to have greater influence, on either side.....

38 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by ambrosedmax(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
The real delimna here is we Africans being ourselves and not letting go of whats not suppose to be an issue.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by nkemdi89(f): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
No.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by fabuloz1(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Sure...
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by 1Rebel: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
In all honesty, I do not see myself marrying from another tribe. I would want my kids to have pure Igbo genes. Mixing their genes with some other dirty oily cowardly genes just doesn't seem right.

Besides, Igbo girls got it all; beauty, brains and everything else. wink

**Yes I'm a proud tribalist, deal with it.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by femijunior4(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
grin nice one am number one
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Noblesoul123: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Any day, anytime, I remain a staunch advocate of inter-ethnic marriages.

That's my humble take on the matter.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by tayo4ng(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
OK ooo
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by TopsyKrete: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Seriously
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by 1Rebel: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
I'd rather marry from another nationality.

28 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by femijunior4(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
grin nice one am number one grin
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by galarbagalapazy(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
in my place I would do d same
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
Who cares??
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by josephine123: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
hmmm... nice
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by chiboyo(m): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
Stand your ground, the parents would come around finally!

Especially if you become very buoyant financially and the lady/guy becomes the "perfect" spouse u dated!!

5 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by mmsen: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
There's no problem.

Every day I see one stupid post or another about how someone married oyibo so why should there be an issue if two Africans marry each other?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
okay.
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by ernesty20(m): 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by donestk(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
I'm igbo dating a northern girl........

Her family is always suspicious of me absconding any moment

Lol.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Afam4eva(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
BaesDiary:

1. Should we go into an intertribal marriage that lacks the consent, approval or happiness of our parents?
Every prospective couple will have to decide what is best for them. Just like some people get married because of their partner's good behavior, others get married because of hips or boobs. In the same way you have to decide which is important, consent or love. It's the decision of the couple to make.

BaesDiary:

2. Should a woman who has the love and support of her man do what it takes to marry him and ignore signs of all the impending-troubles?
Like i said, it;s her choice to make. If she's ready to take what comes to her from his family because of love, then why not.

BaesDiary:

3. Why do people kick against inter-tribal marriages? Are there disadvantages of inter-tribal marriages?
People kick against inter tribal marriage for several reasons which includes but not limited to the fact that they want someone who understands them based on cultural terms.

There are merits and demerits of inter tribal marriage but it's still boils down to the people involved. If an inter-tribal couple break up after one year in marriage, it's not necessarily because they're from different tribes but because they failed to work on their marriage just like other marriages of people from the same tribe.

If they broke up because of tribal misunderstandings then it's because they allowed their misunderstandings get to them. It's no different from couples having financial problems.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Fresia01(f): 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
I'm Igbo dating a Yoruba guy.. .i love him BUh I'm still scared.. ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by ideykwum: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
grin cheesy
nkemdi89:
No.
I know you'd say that!! You're risk averse!!! cheesy
nkemdi89:
No.
I know you'd say that!! You're risk averse!!!
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Afam4eva(m): 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
Fresia01:
I'm Igbo dating a Yoruba guy.. .i love him[b] BUh I'm still scared[/b].. ...
What exactly are you scared of?

5 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by 1Rebel: 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
henryhemon:

You speak someone without senses. Grow up!

Go and suck on something.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by 1Rebel: 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
lastclaire4:

No one knows where u will be placed tomorrow. You can see how Onochie talks. Everything starts from a point. U can make a valid point my dear without being disrespectfully others
Re: The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
1Rebel:
In all honesty, I do not see myself marrying from another tribe. I would want my kids to have pure Igbo genes. Mixing their genes with some other dirty oily cowardly genes just doesn't seem right.

Besides, Igbo girls got it all; beauty, brains and everything else. wink

Is too early to derail this thread

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Siblings Prank Their 10-Year-Old Sister For Stealing Their Mum's Wine / My Mother Wants Me To Rent My Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.