Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (240014 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by princewalay: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2017
Sorry but you haven't answered my question. I was told by Ghent University to submit a Legalized copy of my Degree certificate before an Admission letter can be issued to me. I reside in Lagos. I am asking if i can legalize my certificate at a rotary public here in Lagos or if it a must i travel down to Abuja to get it done at the Belgian embassy. I am trying to save cost. I will have to travel to Abuja 2 times; 1st to legalize my certificate so that i can get my admission letter, 2nd time will be to apply for visa. Please advise me
fikki1:

Sorry .. this is coming late .. it might still be helpful or it might not.. depending on if your document has been sent or not.. But either way..

From my experience.
Belgian Embassy knows and recognises Foreign affairs signature n stamp.. so also Foreign affairs knows and recognises Ministering of education stamp n seal.. without each seal or stamp or signature, the other won't append theirs.. if u understand what I mean.. in essence: MOE=MOFA=Belgium Embassy... hope this helps

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
princewalay:
Sorry but you haven't answered my question. I was told by Ghent University to submit a Legalized copy of my Degree certificate before an Admission letter can be issued to me. I reside in Lagos. I am asking if i can legalize my certificate at a rotary public here in Lagos or if it a must i travel down to Abuja to get it done at the Belgian embassy. I am trying to save cost. I will have to travel to Abuja 2 times; 1st to legalize my certificate so that i can get my admission letter, 2nd time will be to apply for visa. Please advise me

Am sure I just answered this...
BELGIAN EMBASSY RECOGNIZES FOREIGN AFFAIR SIGNATURE, AND FOREIGN AFFAIRS RECOGNIZES MINISTRY OF EDUCATION SIGNATURE.
WITHOUT THE LATER, THE OTHER WILL NOT ACCEPT IT..

I STAND TO BE CORRECTED THOUGH...

I LEGALISED TWICE FOR UGENT.. ROTARY LEGALIZATION AM NOT SURE...

REASON
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION HAS TO CERTIFY THAT YOU FINISHED FROM A RECOGNIZED AND REGISTERED INSTITUTE... MOFA HAS TO CERTIFY THAT YOUR CERTIFICATE CAN BE USED OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY WHILE BELGIAN EMBASSY CERTIFIES THAT THEU HAVE SEEN ALL THE ORIGINAL COPY

NOTE
YOU ARE NOT SENDING ORIGINAL TO THEM.

I hope it helps..

Thanks
Fikki

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by princewalay: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks for your prompt feedback. please kindly send me ur phone number, i need to ask you other questions. my email is princewalay@yahoo.com. thanks
fikki1:

BELGIAN EMBASSY RECOGNIZES FOREIGN AFFAIR SIGNATURE, AND FOREIGN AFFAIRS RECOGNIZES MINISTRY OF EDUCATION SIGNATURE.

REASON
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION HAS TO CERTIFY THAT YOU FINISHED FROM A RECOGNIZED AND REGISTERED INSTITUTE... MOFA HAS TO CERTIFY THAT YOUR CERTIFICATE CAN BE USED OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY WHILE BELGIAN EMBASSY CERTIFIES THAT THEU HAVE SEEN ALL THE ORIGINAL COPY

NOTE

I hope it helps..

Thanks
Fikki
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by amanze54: 1:53am On Nov 23, 2017
please house help me clarify I saw document can be certified by awarding institutions in place of legalisation in the current application. has anyone see it and is it acceptable as stated. Has anyone try it. cos am planning to go to my school for that
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ImperialCovfefe: 3:25am On Dec 03, 2017
fikki1:

REASON

NOTE

I hope it helps..

Thanks
Fikki

But are we to include the originals (Degree and WAEC certificates) with the visa application?

For the visa, are we to legalise the original educational documents?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 3:38am On Dec 03, 2017
ImperialCovfefe:

But are we to include the originals (Degree and WAEC certificates) with the visa application?

For the visa, are we to legalise the original educational documents?
First of all if u had applied for a school in Belgium, their requirements points whether or not u need to legalise..

Secondly, if u are requested to submit legalised copy, am sure u know u won't get the copy back, so u are sending a legalised photocopy of your certificates

When applying for visa... all your official document has to be legalise.. this time around you have to legalise the original..because it will be returned to u by the embassy.
The embassy will only accept n take decision on legalised document that are official... not all your documents.. but official document... like police report... certificates... or any other govt recognised doc.. I stand to be corrected though... if u have non official doc.. YOU MAY NOT LEGALISE IT, COS IT'S NOT NECESSARY.

I hope this helps..

Thanks

Fikki1
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 3:42am On Dec 03, 2017
amanze54:
please house help me clarify I saw document can be certified by awarding institutions in place of legalisation in the current application. has anyone see it and is it acceptable as stated. Has anyone try it. cos am planning to go to my school for that

Didn't do it.. but am not sure...
Embassy looks at the stamp from foreign affairs..
Foreign affairs looks at MINISTRY of Education stamp n seal
MOE checks if your school is registered and can award certificates... I think..

For admission purpose, Rotary can be used .. I am not sure though.
I hope thisanswers your question

Thanks

Fikki1
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ImperialCovfefe: 4:34am On Dec 03, 2017
fikki1:

First of all if u had applied for a school in Belgium, their requirements points whether or not u need to legalise..

Secondly, if u are requested to submit legalised copy, am sure u know u won't get the copy back, so u are sending a legalised photocopy of your certificates

When applying for visa... all your official document has to be legalise.. this time around you have to legalise the original..because it will be returned to u by the embassy.
The embassy will only accept n take decision on legalised document that are official... not all your documents.. but official document... like police report... certificates... or any other govt recognised doc.. I stand to be corrected though... if u have non official doc.. YOU MAY NOT LEGALISE IT, COS IT'S NOT NECESSARY.

I hope this helps..

Thanks

Fikki1

Thank you very much.

If we have a foreign degree, are we expected to legalise it in the issuing country first before submitting our visa application in Nigeria?

Also, we do not need to legalise the medical certificate, right?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 19, 2017
If it's from a country that participated in the Hague convention,
then you have to legalize it with an apostille and that'll be all
ImperialCovfefe:

Thank you very much.

If we have a foreign degree, are we expected to legalise it in the issuing country first before submitting our visa application in Nigeria?

Also, we do not need to legalise the medical certificate, right?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
Fellow prospective Belgium student on this forum. pls let's keep this forum lively. Or is there no student applying for 2018/2019 session here...Lol. Pls let's start by sharing our admission testimony, so as to encourage ourselfs. Though me I'm still waiting for admission, from Vub and Ghent, and Ku leuven----though I'm yet to send legalized hard copy to Ku Leuven will be doing so next week hopefully, pls if you have gotten admission do tell us how long it took, after completing the application. My TOEFL score is 85 and Ku Leuven is asking for about 93. I still apply....if you have been admitted with lesser score at Ku Leuven pls let us know. Pls if you have gain admission to VUB before, will like to know, if they usually ask for legalized documents. For someone with a second class lower grade do I stand a chance at Ghent. During documents submission at Vfs...when submitting the Annex form, will I have to include my sponsor payslip( though he doesn't have a payslip he said every month he gets just check, which he takes to the bank) will I include his bank statement and passport data page or there will be no need.* lastly I have not travel before I have a virgin passport, what are my chances To the likes of fikki1, Name,Nobody, among others thanks for the meaningful enlightenment given.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 6:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
orisageo:
Fellow prospective Belgium student on this forum. pls let's keep this forum lively. Or is there no student applying for 2018/2019 session here...Lol. Pls let's start by sharing our admission testimony, so as to encourage ourselfs. Though me I'm still waiting for admission, from Vub and Ghent, and Ku leuven----though I'm yet to send legalized hard copy to Ku Leuven will be doing so next week hopefully, pls if you have gotten admission do tell us how long it took, after completing the application. My TOEFL score is 85 and Ku Leuven is asking for about 93. I still apply....if you have been admitted with lesser score at Ku Leuven pls let us know. Pls if you have gain admission to VUB before, will like to know, if they usually ask for legalized documents. For someone with a second class lower grade do I stand a chance at Ghent. During documents submission at Vfs...when submitting the Annex form, will I have to include my sponsor payslip( though he doesn't have a payslip he said every month he gets just check, which he takes to the bank) will I include his bank statement and passport data page or there will be no need.* lastly I have not travel before I have a virgin passport, what are my chances To the likes of fikki1, Name,Nobody, among others for the meaningful enlightenment given.
last I check Ku Leuven don't accept legalise credentials cos all their stuff are online and their TOEFL range is less than 85 I think is 79 so pls confirm from their site b4 running into conclusion
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
vansledge:

last I check Ku Leuven don't accept legalise credentials cos all their stuff are online and their TOEFL range is less than 85 I think is 79 so pls confirm from their site b4 running into conclusion
Bro they do. Though I stand to be corrected this is the prove from their website.[color=#006600][/color]

1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 12:35am On Jan 07, 2018
Hello,
I graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University where I studied philosophy, I intend studying criminology at masters level. After surfing the internet for Universities in Belgium that offers Criminology,I found only one---KU LAUVEN.

Please I need comprehensive information on how to go about the admission process.

Secondly,I don't speak nor understand Deutch let alone French. Do I stand a chance to be admitted?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by babarexo: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kindly read further all info requred is on their website.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
orisageo:

Bro they do. Though I stand to be corrected this is the prove from their website.[color=#006600][/color]
bro good evening, just add the figures u will see it's b/w 79-80 or less. but if you are not convince check the link below...

https://www.kuleuven.be/english/admissions/lang/lang-test
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
vansledge:

bro good evening, just add the figures u will see it's b/w 79-80 or less. but if you are not convince check the link below...

https://www.kuleuven.be/english/admissions/lang/lang-test

Seen thanks. That's the general requirement, some department has higher score requirements

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dayo229: 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Hello,
I graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University where I studied philosophy, I intend studying criminology at masters level. After surfing the internet for Universities in Belgium that offers Criminology,I found only one---KU LAUVEN.

Please I need comprehensive information on how to go about the admission process.

Secondly,I don't speak nor understand Deutch let alone French. Do I stand a chance to be admitted?

If the course you are going for is in English then you get a chance for admission without the knowledge of those two languages. Note that you have to submit English proficiency test.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2018
Has anyone gotten admission at ghent.... For 2018/2018 session
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2018
Wetin dey happen, my people why is everyone quiet
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by 1dan(f): 11:27am On Jan 23, 2018
pls what are the affordable uni and courses , people go for in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dharb02: 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hello Guys,

Is there any prospective student or student of the VUB on this platform? I'll need your help in terms of advice and info. I just started my application to the school for MA Molecular biology and i really want to know how much their tuition fee, accomodation, and so on, costs before facing the visa challenges. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Bobodoherty: 5:21am On Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone I would love to know if admission is currently on to any university in Belgium for MSC
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2018
Bobodoherty:
Hello everyone I would love to know if admission is currently on to any university in Belgium for MSC
Yes admission is still on going. Deadline for most schools is 1st of march 2019

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2018
dharb02:
Hello Guys,

Is there any prospective student or student of the VUB on this platform? I'll need your help in terms of advice and info. I just started my application to the school for MA Molecular biology and i really want to know how much their tuition fee, accomodation, and so on, costs before facing the visa challenges. Thanks
Bro check on their website you will find the estimated tuition fees, since the tuition fees for 2018/2019 session is not yet available
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2018
1dan:
pls what are the affordable uni and courses , people go for in Belgium?
My advise is for you to go on google and search you will find a lot of information. It you are going fr a bachelor degree u can apply for any course of your choice, for a master program you have to have the prerequisite before you apply your bachelor degree should be related to the masters program you are applying for.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 11:14am On Jan 24, 2018
Please endeavor to read all the information on the thread from page 1 to 30, that's what I did, I found it, to be very informative. When you do, you will avoid asking questions already answered
Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2018
Dear compatriot,

This may be a bit late but better than never, pls before anyone starts to commit money into studying abroad, it's better to do a plan and check from the last (visa granting) to first (admissions granting). I believe we are trying to make things better for ourselves may be d reasoning for the adventure. So please do ur proper research, it's not difficult but it's high technical. For instance, as little as medical report is, I hear it could led the visa refusal, this is after all the risk of going everywhere and paying a lot of non refundable. So please na money we dey find so I don't think u should lose so much. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by chukwuka1405: 12:11pm On Jan 29, 2018
princewalay:
Hello everyone! Please i need your advise. I applied for a program in Ghent University Belgium. My application was approved but i was told to provide a legalized copy of my degree certificate before an admission letter can be issued to me. My question is this: Can i legalize my document here in Lagos using a Rotary Public or Will i have to travel to abuja for the legalization at MOE, MOFA and Belgian Embassy?. Below is an extract from the email that was sent to me (pls read the last line):
- A legalised copy of the basic diploma (i.e. the diploma on which the admission would be based) and its transcript of records (report card / results of each academic year of your higher studies).

Please note that if your basic diploma is a Master diploma following a Bachelor diploma, you are required to provide all transcript of records for each academic year of both Bachelor and Master.

www.ugent.be/legalisation: These should bear the original seals and stamps from the Belgian Embassy.

I THINK WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. I sent you a pm. kindly reply asap.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by benjamin139: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
Pls house I need a contact at the ministry of education
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 2:14am On Feb 04, 2018
benjamin139:
Pls house I need a contact at the ministry of education
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by orisageo: 2:16am On Feb 04, 2018
[quote author=orisageo post=64766278][/quote]
Zero seven zero five nine four three four nine zero seven

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.