Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238281 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Aghanel(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
ceejayechekwa:

I don't know what the person have told you but, using other visa apart from student visa is not sure you will enter Korea even when you arrived at inchon airport. it depends on your luck, how you coordinate yourself at entry point and your God. If you successfully enter Korea mostly in summer time you are sure of Job. Least job pays 1.2 million won per month which is like 1000usd ie 360k in Nigeria equivalent currency. you can make 2000usd (600k) in a month in korea. Be aware it is a hard job. Factory job, logistics and construction jobs are available.
Goodluck.
Thanks alot bro... I am grateful.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Thanks Fikki.
VUB requested for a prove of language proficiency which I sent to the school. Few days later I was contacted and informed that I sent the wrong document. I decided to go through the language requirement again and came realised that I didn't download a particular document;that's the document I sent earlier,the one with VUB logo.

My question is that is it the case that all I have to do is have that document signed and stamped? Or after it must have been signed and stamped I have to attach other documents to it as regards prove of language proficiency?

Its stated there, if u studied in English, the form shoukd be filled by the school, stamped n signed, then send it to them..
Moreover to quench doubt, mail the school and ask them.
But there is holiday now.. i think VUB too (2weeks).
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
fikki1:

Morning,

If am not mistaken all certificate issued carries a school stamp or seal. And your transcript is not suppose to be opened or sent by you.. it was suppose to be sent by your to belgium( to the school you are applying to). Except if you have with you a student copy, which doesnt need to be legalised, since your school in Nigeria (graduated) already sent one to your school in Belgium (future).

On the Spanish document, i think you still need to take it to belgium embassy to legalise it before sending it to belgium.

To my understanding without school seal or stamp, your certificate might be tagged as 'OLUWOLE'.

I hope this helps

Happy easter..

Thanks
Fikki1
@fikki, Thanks for your response. I am asking if the University will place a seal on the photocopy that has been stamp with certify true copy stamp. Cos the Belgium embassy required seal on the certify true copy and I don't think university will place seal on Photocopy . Please help. thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 8:25am On Apr 02, 2018
efeturi3:
@fikki, Thanks for your response. I am asking if the University will place a seal on the photocopy that has been stamp with certify true copy stamp. Cos the Belgium embassy required seal on the certify true copy and I don't think university will place seal on Photocopy . Please help. thanks

This is what i did during mine, though it was expensive.
I submitted all copy of my credentials to MOE and MOFA for legalisation ( not original) so it was easy for the embassy to legalise it seeing the seal of MOFA and MOE. During visa application, i legalised the original documents.

If you have certified by a court, i dont not know if the embassy will recognise it, but above all, if u certified by court and MOFA legalised it, I THINK YOU ARE GOOD, BUT IF MOFA REJECTS IT, then i think you need to use MOE.

To be candid, no school will put a seal on a photocopy of credential when they have already issued a certificate of same. I stand to be corrected though.

Bro i advice you spend more to get better result dan to spend less n in turn you spend double.

For Admission,
Make photocopy of your sealed original certificate(s)from school, take it to MOE and MOFA den take it to EMBASSY.

For visa,
legalise all your original certificates, make photocopy front and back and submit like dat

N:B
This was what i did.

I hope i have answered your question bro

Thanks
Fikki1

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by odewole16: 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2018
Good day Everyone,

pls, I need all the required information about Belgium student visa procedure as I just got admission at university of Antwerp for my masters degree and I need the right steps and necessary informations

thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by jelmusboy(m): 3:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Also got admission to Antwerp

odewole16:
Good day Everyone,

pls, I need all the required information about Belgium student visa procedure as I just got admission at university of Antwerp for my masters degree and I need the right steps and necessary informations

thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by sakanifemi123(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
helo nairalanders pls i am novice in term secure admission aboard i want anyone to tel me tip to secure admission into college or university that tuitor fees is the cheapest in any europe or others pls i am wating for sumone to reply me
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hello Fikki,
Please I need your expertise as regards my prove of language proficiency. I downloaded the form and took it to my former institution. It was signed and stamped but I need to be sure I didn't miss any crucial info. Here is what the form looks like after it had been signed and stamped. Besides,I also filled my own part.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
Looks like the one I sent isn't bold enough,here is another one.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:46am On Apr 10, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Looks like the one I sent isn't bold enough,here is another one.

It's good bro, would have preferred the name of the person and institution and course is also written there..
It's possible the school (VUB) wouldn't check .. but i think it shoukd have be written

I, ..................
................obafemi Awolowo university Ile ife
................ your course in the school...

It's just my suggestion, bro.
Can it be rectified? filled by someone in the school hierarchy.

Thanks
Fikki1
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
Thanks for replying Fikki.
I saw it also,but I was skeptical of who to fill the section "name of employee"...should it be filed by the same person that signed and stamped this document?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Thanks for replying Fikki.
I saw it also,but I was skeptical of who to fill the section "name of employee"...should it be filed by the same person that signed and stamped this document?

The person that authorised the letter
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
...if I eventually find someone who can fill it,should it be filled manually or I forward a scanned copy such that it could be filled with the use of a system? The name employee is really bothering me,it is ambiguous;it could be the V.C,H.O.D etc.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
Okay.
I just saw your reply,thanks for accommodation my numerous questions. Should it be filled manually or I forward a scanned copy back to the person such that it could be filled using msword considering the size of the space to be filled.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
Accommodating*
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:25pm On Apr 10, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Okay.
I just saw your reply,thanks for accommodation my numerous questions. Should it be filled manually or I forward a scanned copy back to the person such that it could be filled using msword considering the size of the space to be filled.

The school requires original copy of the signed document... no scanned doc will be recognised..
What if you are asked to present original doc.. ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
What I am saying is as regards that space that space that you advised to be filled. I was of the view should that space "name of employee"be filled directly on the paper with a pen by the man who authorised it or should I scan and resend back to the man who authorised so that it can 've filled on the system. Besides,I will have to scan this prove of language proficiency when resending back to VUB
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2018
Adesquare1992:
What I am saying is as regards that space that space that you advised to be filled. I was of the view should that space "name of employee"be filled directly on the paper with a pen by the man who authorised it or should I scan and resend back to the man who authorised so that it can 've filled on the system. Besides,I will have to scan this prove of language proficiency when resending back to VUB

I think.i now understand you.. You saying because the form.is in Microsoft word.. YES PLEASE, LET HIM FILL IT on the system and then print and sign it like you did before.. normally you can do the filling on behalve of.the recipient since you already know the information needed. Just give him the filled form to sign to avoid delay.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 11:29am On Apr 11, 2018
Thanks Fikki,I so much appreciate you,thanks bro and I hope to share the good news soonest.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Thanks Fikki,I so much appreciate you,thanks bro and I hope to share the good news soonest.

Amen bro.. God help us all
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by jelmusboy(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
Is Police certificate required to apply for Belgian Student visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hello Fikki,

I eventually forwarded my transcript and prove of language proficiency to VUB. I am yet to get a response from them which is very unusual. Though,I sent the documents to them yesterday noon. What could be wrong?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ceejayechekwa: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2018
Hello Guy what are chances of staying back after studies? If i migrate to Belguim with my family and give birth will my child get resident and social welfare?
Please, i need an answer from people living in Belguim.
Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mckay4real: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
From my personal experience of the legalization process of educational certificates for Admission process in Belgian Universities, I discovered that there was dearth of information about the process and it made it a little bit difficult for me. So I'm outlining the process here for those who want to do the legalization.

If you're legalizing a copy of your certificate to be sent to the university in Belgium? 1st of all go to your university (the issuing body) and stamp the copy of certificate as a certified true copy.
Then you proceed to Abuja, your 1st point of call is the Ministry of Education for authentication. You can only do the authentication between Monday to Thursday (10am to 1pm). Make sure you take the original copy of your SSCE along. You'll need to buy a scratch card either NECO or WAEC as applicable and print out your result online. Also make 3 copies of the documents you want to authenticate i.e SSCE, Bsc certificate etc. Your docs will be costed (#300 per document) and you'll have to generate a remita code online after which you proceed to the bank to make payment. After paying, take the bank print out and the teller used for paying to revenue office on the ground floor Ministry of Police Affairs to be stamped. Then you will proceed to the 8th floor Ministry of Education to submit after which you'll wait for a couple of minutes before names are called and you get your documents back already stamped.
Next you proceed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication. Depending on how soon you get the Ministry of Education authentication done, you probably can't do that of Foreign Affairs on the same day cos Foreign Affairs only does authentication between 10am to 12pm from Monday to Friday.
The process is similar to that of MOE, you get your documents costed (#300 per doc), proceed to generate a remita code and pay at the bank. Then you stamp the print out and teller and submit. After submission, you will have to come back by 3pm to get your docs back.
Next you proceed to the Belgian embassy, No. 9, Usuma street, Maitama Abuja.
You can only authenticate your docs at embassy only on Tuesdays and Thursdays (excluding Public holidays)
The time for submission of docs to be legalized is between 9am to 10am after which you won't be allowed to enter the embassy.
Note: Before you go to the embassy, download the legalization form on their website (unless you want to but it for #1000 at the embassy gate, it is just a 2 page doc)
Also take a passport Photograph with white background (it is #1500 at the embassy gate)
After submission of docs for legalization, you'll be asked to return by 3pm to get it back.
The legalization fee is #9000 per document.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adesquare1992: 11:41pm On May 01, 2018
Thanks for the info bro.
The part were you said certificate should be taken to the school to be stamped as a certified true copy isn't clear. My came with a red seal/stamp...can you kindly clarify better,Pls
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ToniaAlexandra5: 4:37pm On May 06, 2018
[quote author=mckay4real post=67153939]From my personal experience of the legalization process of educational certificates for Admission process in Belgian Universities, I discovered that there was dearth of information about the process and it made it a little bit difficult for me. So I'm outlining the process here for those who want to do the legalization.

If you're legalizing a copy of your certificate to be sent to the university in Belgium? 1st of all go to your university (the issuing body) and stamp the copy of certificate as a certified true copy.
Then you proceed to Abuja, your 1st point of call is the Ministry of Education for authentication. You can only do the authentication between Monday to Thursday (10am to 1pm). Make sure you take the original copy of your SSCE along. You'll need to buy a scratch card either NECO or WAEC as applicable and print out your result online. Also make 3 copies of the documents you want to authenticate i.e SSCE, Bsc certificate etc. Your docs will be costed (#300 per document) and you'll have to generate a remita code online after which you proceed to the bank to make payment. After paying, take the bank print out and the teller used for paying to revenue office on the ground floor Ministry of Police Affairs to be stamped. Then you will proceed to the 8th floor Ministry of Education to submit after which you'll wait for a couple of minutes before names are called and you get your documents back already stamped.
Next you proceed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication. Depending on how soon you get the Ministry of Education authentication done, you probably can't do that of Foreign Affairs on the same day cos Foreign Affairs only does authentication between 10am to 12pm from Monday to Friday.
The process is similar to that of MOE, you get your documents costed (#300 per doc), proceed to generate a remita code and pay at the bank. Then you stamp the print out and teller and submit. After submission, you will have to come back by 3pm to get your docs back.
You can only authenticate your docs at embassy only on Tuesdays and Thursdays (excluding Public holidays)
The time for submission of docs to be legalized is between 9am to 10am after which you won't be allowed to enter the embassy.
Note: Before you go to the embassy, download the legalization form on their website (unless you want to but it for #1000 at the embassy gate, it is just a 2 page doc)
Also take a passport Photograph with white background (it is #1500 at the embassy gate)
After submission of docs for legalization, you'll be asked to return by 3pm to get it back.

Please can you explain to me how embassy interview be like, I want to do my masters in Belgium. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ameke44: 1:34pm On May 09, 2018
Hello gurus, kudos for keeping this trend going, I got my offer of acceptance from VUb and preparing for my visa application. I want to know more about the sponsorship form, if I can collect it myself from the embassy without my sponsor and as well drop it off for legalization.... thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by socca: 7:50pm On May 10, 2018
From my personal experience of the legalization process of educational certificates for Admission process in Belgian Universities, I discovered that there was dearth of information about the process and it made it a little bit difficult for me. So I'm outlining the process here for those who want to do the legalization.

[Thanks for the info. I do have a question though. I been seeing people post legalising ssce result. is this process applicable for masters programme. I am made to believe this isn't needed for mine. Do I still to have it legalise. Thanks ]
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by anne710: 2:43pm On May 11, 2018
Good day everyone, seems all the post here is about masters studies in Belgium, are there no course for Bachelor degree? The one I saw is taught in French, pls anyone with the direct link for application. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by socca: 3:42pm On May 16, 2018
mckay4real:

Thanks for the info bro.
The part were you said certificate should be taken to the school to be stamped as a certified true copy isn't clear. My came with a red seal/stamp...can you kindly clarify better,Pls
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by socca: 3:43pm On May 16, 2018
mckay4real:

[Thanks for the info. I do have a question though. I been seeing people post legalising ssce result. is this process applicable for masters programme. I am made to believe this isn't needed for mine. Do I still to have it legalise. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by socca: 3:46pm On May 16, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Thanks for the info bro.

Hello sir, did you legalised the certificate with red stamp without the need to get it stamped first in your school?. mine also can with red stamp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.