Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238954 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 8:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Garcon24:

I have checked severally but I can't see anything about their tuition fee .

"https://www.kuleuven.be/inschrijvingen/registration/fees"

Note also that architecture in Belgium is very well different from that km Nigeria. With what I know, they approach the course from the angle of urbanisation
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ceec115: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
University of Ghent offers a lot of courses under environmental science for Master's programme. You should check their English taught master's programme and that of other universities]Pls I have been looking for this thread and now am here
Pls I am in search of any Begium University that offers [energy and environmental management ](master's)
Pls your suggestions would be of great benefit to me because I would start application as soon as I can find a suitable university and city that comes along with little opportunity to work

I read Agricultural and Environmental Engineering (b.engr )

Thank u and remain blessed dear friends [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ceec115: 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ghent University, KU Leuven and University of Antwerp that I know don't collect application fee. Universities like VUB collects. There are hundreds of English taught master's programme taught by these schools. You did mention of "Social science," that is a bachelor's degree program offered jointly by VUB and UGhent. In that instance you pay application fee cos VUB is the application processing university. Again , I don't think you need TOEFL and co to gain Admission in these universities I listed. Hello since the deadline for admission to either ghents university or ku leuvon ,which are my choice of institution to study in Belgium, are close or already over, I've decided to apply for the 2023 academic year, to have enough time to prepare my documents, I went through their websites and have questions firstly about, Ghent does anybody know if I need to learn Flemish Dutch or French to apply? and if not would I need an English proficiency exam like ielts, the website also says application is free, but for the social science faculty of which is the only English speaking course for a separate program (quite confusing) i have to pay an application fee of about 50€,pls anybody studying at Ghent or ku leuvon or who has any knowledge about this should please answer[/quote]
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by trigger11(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2022
Ceec115:

University of Ghent offers a lot of courses under environmental science for Master's programme. You should check their English taught master's programme and that of other universities

Thank you for this piece of information. I would do the needful and start application ASAP.. pls co-asking for someone now . Is HND result accepted for masters in Belgium like the France??.. also what's are the chances of working and schooling ??

Thanks and remain blessed
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by iyb(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
steminist:

Hey, thanks for your response! How recent was this for you? I know in 2019 when I first applied for the D visa for my master's, it was a helluva lot faster! Now, I'm back to apply for a work permit (even with a letter from my employer enclosed in the docs with my PCC), and it's taking forever to just affix a stamp/seal on ONE document!

You mentioned you also recently legalized your marriage and birth certificates; what visa or residence status are you applying for? I'm looking to connect with others that are NOT applying for the D visa for studies, i.e., looking to connect with others applying for more permanent migration purposes (hope that makes sense).

PS: Just a cautionary tale to all the master's hopefuls here: administrative procedures in Belgium are AGONIZINGLY SLOW. So, prepare yourselves and work on your patience, because that country will test it over and over again.

Well you are in luck, i am also applying for the D visa for work purposes. I received my Annex 46 on the 19th of this month and will be submitting my application on the 3rd of August.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by steminist: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2022
iyb:

Well you are in luck, i am also applying for the D visa for work purposes. I received my Annex 46 on the 19th of this month and will be submitting my application on the 3rd of August.

Hey! Awesome and congratulations on your single permit approval!

How can we connect offline, please?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ademidecare: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good evening sir/ma
Pls sir/ma,I want to send my documents for legalisation but I’m a bit confused about the payment for legislation. Is the payment per pages or per document?? For example, my attestation of birth has receipt,original and remita. Am I to pay for each or it’s combined together as one document??
Thank you

steminist:

Hey, thanks for your response! How recent was this for you? I know in 2019 when I first applied for the D visa for my master's, it was a helluva lot faster! Now, I'm back to apply for a work permit (even with a letter from my employer enclosed in the docs with my PCC), and it's taking forever to just affix a stamp/seal on ONE document!

You mentioned you also recently legalized your marriage and birth certificates; what visa or residence status are you applying for? I'm looking to connect with others that are NOT applying for the D visa for studies, i.e., looking to connect with others applying for more permanent migration purposes (hope that makes sense).

PS: Just a cautionary tale to all the master's hopefuls here: administrative procedures in Belgium are AGONIZINGLY SLOW. So, prepare yourselves and work on your patience, because that country will test it over and over again.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by iyb(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ademidecare:
Good evening sir/ma
Pls sir/ma,I want to send my documents for legalisation but I’m a bit confused about the payment for legislation. Is the payment per pages or per document?? For example, my attestation of birth has receipt,original and remita. Am I to pay for each or it’s combined together as one document??
Thank you

You will pay as a single document and don't forget you have to authenticate it at the National Population Commission first and attach the remita receipt for the authentication.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ademidecare: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Thank you. I’ve authenticated the documents but was just confused about the payment

iyb:

You will pay as a single document and don't forget you have to authenticate it at the National Population Commission first and attach the remita receipt for the authentication.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oseremenifidon: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please who has information on requirements for Belgium tourist visa should Kindly email me at oseremenifidon@gmail.com.
Would really appreciate.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Luzznation: 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
samlexxy:
Hello,

i will be applying for Cyber Security at Howest next year.. I got some nice information of their website and info was in touch with their admission office via mail..

I will appreciate anyone with any form of info on the school..
Did you still apply? Going to Howest too
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by advanceDNA: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2022
steminist:

So I want to ask..is a block account a must to study in belgium if you don't have scholarship or sponsorship letter??
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ambitions11: 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Hello fellow members I was able to read from page one to 72 and I must said I'm very much enlightened even though the previous pages was outdated info.

To my questions I'm a HND holder working and living in Saudi Arabia and I would like to apply to undergraduate program in Belgium using my only NECO certificate but I'm not any where going to mention the HND qualification, would that going be an issue since I'm above 30 and with just 3 years work experience in designing. And I have good sponsor my cousin brother earning good salary in British army

For my cousin he was not actually born in Nigeria. He is a Ghanian. How can I proof our relation to them if that would actually came up at the time of visa interview or when doing the packaging of the visa .

Can one of my friend or an agent legalise my NECO certificate with the police report at the Embassy since I'm not in Nigeria. Would the Belgium embassy in Abuja accept that. Actually I'm not intend to write any standardize test as i learnt some universities recruit students even without the English test, this for me the cut short of the expenses since the visa is not 100 � guarantee.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by steminist: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2022
Ambitions11:
Hello fellow members I was able to read from page one to 72 and I must said I'm very much enlightened even though the previous pages was outdated info.

To my questions I'm a HND holder working and living in Saudi Arabia and I would like to apply to undergraduate program in Belgium using my only NECO certificate but I'm not any where going to mention the HND qualification, would that going be an issue since I'm above 30 and with just 3 years work experience in designing. And I have good sponsor my cousin brother earning good salary in British army

For my cousin he was not actually born in Nigeria. He is a Ghanian. How can I proof our relation to them if that would actually came up at the time of visa interview or when doing the packaging of the visa .

Can one of my friend or an agent legalise my NECO certificate with the police report at the Embassy since I'm not in Nigeria. Would the Belgium embassy in Abuja accept that. Actually I'm not intend to write any standardize test as i learnt some universities recruit students even without the English test, this for me the cut short of the expenses since the visa is not 100 � guarantee.

To be blunt, with your "English", you will NEED to write one of the standardized tests for proving English language proficiency.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by lollmaolol(m): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2022
chibuike123:
Hi everyone,

Pls has anyone who applied for study visa to Belgium gotten any response from the Home Office? I ask because resumption is near and I've gotten nada from them

Hi Chibuike
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ambitions11:

If in your application a statement of purpose will be required, I feel you should include that you have a high diploma already and are only looking to advance your study in the new study area.
And I may be wrong, but SAT or other standardised tests may be required for some bachelor programs. That could be where your HND may come handy.

Look into college universities like UCLL and Thomas Moore too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Restlessfeet: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ambitions11:
Hello fellow members I was able to read from page one to 72 and I just said I'm very much enlightened even though the previous pages were outdated info.

Your NECO certificate can be authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then legalized in Nigeria Belgium consulate. However, since you are currently living in Saudi Arabia, then try to get a police clearance certificate (PCC) there which should be authenticated there and then legalized by the Belgian consulate in Saudi Arabia.

If you do the PCC here in Nigeria, then you have to explain the time entry stamps in your passport and what you have been doing there in SA, and why you would not get a police clearance from there. Except you are not a legal resident.

Coming to sponsorship, first, proceed to apply to the school and immediately get admission except your University requires legalization of these documents before they can offer you admission. Forget proof of connection to your cousin if you can't establish one. He can assist you to deposit the right maintenance amount to enable you to obtain a solvency certificate (acceptable proof of fund). This is only necessary for visa application and not for application for admission into the University.

Lastly, I hope you know that refusing to mention your HND can be a problem of honesty if the embassy finds out. How do you justify what you have been doing with your life since after secondary school? If you have been in business, what is the proof? and what is the drive for you to decide to apply now for a Bachelor degree program in Belgium? As someone suggested, you can state you have HND but justify why you want to change to another course. However, this might be a challenge if your intended BSc course is the same as your HND qualification. Whatever you like to do, the choice is yours.

I am just thinking what are the ways the embassy might treat your case. I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by kyshol: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hello everyone,

Can someone explain sponsorship to me, does my sponsor need to have a good bank statement or not before the Belgium visa is issued for study.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by eformoney: 1:22am On Sep 16, 2022
hello everyone. I'm new here and would like to know. are there any Nigerians that have traveled to belgium this year or are yet to travel ?moreover is there a whatsapp group for us who intend to travel to belgium? if so pls add me up on 07055601320 so I can get fast updates on the latest embassy news.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akande005: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
Good Day Everyone, I am a pharma professional intending to apply for a MSc at KuLeuven in Biomedical Science. I want to sponsor myself. Is that acceptable, can I go with a wife a and a kid? How much will be needed. I will appreciate authentic infos on these. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Zed360: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2022
Akande005:
Good Day Everyone, I am a pharma professional intending to apply for a MSc at KuLeuven in Biomedical Science. I want to sponsor myself. Is that acceptable, can I go with a wife a and a kid? How much will be needed. I will appreciate authentic infos on these. Thanks
Around 23,500 EUR per year if you're using blocked account, the money will be returned to you on a monthly basis. As an indivividual around 9,200 EUR.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ambitions11: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2022
Guys, I sincerely apologize for not being active since I dropped that question in regard to study in Belgium. Thank you @ restlessfeet and the rest who contributed to my post. Actually, there’s something I am working on since I have figured it out going to Belgium for study ones must authenticate and legalized his her credentials either for admission or the visa, but since I'm currently living here, I don't think it could be easy for me to come down to Nigeria for the legalization stuff and I have no one that could handle it with reasonable token. I have contacted many guys but the price it seems outrageous, and I can't do it anymore
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by taniya8: 10:46am On Oct 06, 2022
Hello Everyone. I interested in Belgium Universities that specifies in science or computers. Any recommendations?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Luzznation: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
Please anyone interested in digital art courses like Visual effect(VFX), 3D animation, Game graphics production, Game development, or sound production and is interested in schooling in Belgium should please send me a DM for free admission and visa assistance. You could could also check the school for more information. https://www.digitalartsandentertainment.be/page/14/Course+overview . NOTE only send me a DM after you've gone through the school website.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by teamstudy: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2022
Good day everyone. I need help with applying for studies in Belgium. I have some questions please, don't be angry if they sound naive�

-I recently finished my HND in Computer Engineering with lower credit. Is there any hope for me? I'm trying to apply for an undergraduate program in English.

-My partner is hoping to sponsor me and they stay in Ireland. Will this cause any issues? Can I add our authenticated marriage cert?

-Do I have to register for a lang course? And how long in adv should I start applying for the whole process (2023/2024)

-In terms of authentication , which docs will I need to authenticate. I know I have to apply with my legalised school documents (ond and hnd transcripts/waec neco etc) but what other things do I hv to legalise. I don't stay in Abuja, but I heard there is way to send documents for legalization via post, is this true and how do I go about it?
Thank you
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ademidecare: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
Ambitions11:
Guys, I sincerely apologize for not being active since I dropped that question in regard to study in Belgium. Thank you @ restlessfeet and the rest who contributed to my post. Actually, there’s something I am working on since I have figured it out going to Belgium for study ones must authenticate and legalized his her credentials either for admission or the visa, but since I'm currently living here, I don't think it could be easy for me to come down to Nigeria for the legalization stuff and I have no one that could handle it with reasonable token. I have contacted many guys but the price it seems outrageous, and I can't do it anymore

Hi, I’m currently in Nigeria and also processing my documents for Long stay visa. I’ve done all authentication and if you don’t mind, I can help you with the documents you need here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
shakol91:
Hi, I have sent a mail to you. Pls reply back

Hi,
Sorry for late reply.
I didn't see your message.
Just got back to nairaland.
I hope your questions are answered.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
demmy79:
I have study interview question for interested applicant...just chat me on 09020715272
Am I going to pay?

And please, are you an agent?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by HorlahTunjee(m): 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hello everyone

Please I am writing to ask about the Belgium family reunion visa process for a dependent (spouse). Can someone give me information about how much I need to show, health insurance etc.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
HorlahTunjee:
Hello everyone

Please I am writing to ask about the Belgium family reunion visa process for a dependent (spouse). Can someone give me information about how much I need to show, health insurance etc.

Just go to the commune and ask for information because Belgium conditions change year by year

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.