Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238155 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WatchYourSix: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Dvtechbase:

Yes I got my visa and will be in liege by 27th Aug

Bros....can i connect with you for a few questions to clarify how to go about my brother's visa....hasselt just gave him admission letter on wednesday... and ive been hearing and reading all sorts....just want 1st hand info from someone who has walk the walk successfuly
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Dvtechbase(m): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
WatchYourSix:

Bros....can i connect with you for a few questions to clarify how to go about my brother's visa....hasselt just gave him admission letter on wednesday... and ive been hearing and reading all sorts....just want 1st hand info from someone who has walk the walk successfuly

Sure feel free to message me
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WatchYourSix: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
Dvtechbase:

I sent u a pm email
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WatchYourSix: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Dvtechbase:

Chairman no vex ooo...i don message you.... please squeeze me in to your schedule abeg.. as we dont have much time this visa thing from all ive read
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by munachieze: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2023
Hello everyone.
I recently got accepted into the University of Antwerp and I must say that I have gained valuable info on this thread while I have been processing my documents these past weeks.
Thank you all.

Please I need a little clarity on sponsorship. I want to use my brother in the US as my sponsor. He has been able to gather all required documents for the legalisation of Annex 32 (proof of financial support)...with the exception of proof of family tie.

Here's an excerpt from the website of the Belgian Embassy in the US...

- proof of family ties between the student and the sponsor: original birth certificates with an apostille for American documents or (if needed) legalization from both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country of birth as well as a legalization from the Belgian representation in your country of birth.
Please contact the Belgian representation in your country of birth to inquire about the legalization procedure.

This would mean my brother would have to send his birth certificate to Nigeria, and have it authenticated and legalised (alongside mine), and then have them sent back to him. That would take a considerable amount of time which I am worried that I don't have.
Is there maybe another way to go about proving family ties?

Did anyone here who had a sponsor in the US go through this?

And lastly, does a sponsor have to be a close relative? Can a family friend sponsor someone? I have a family friend in Belgium and I read somewhere that sponsors in Belgium don't have to prove family ties.

Please I would love to get some info about this. The ones I've been gathering online have been somewhat contradictory. The Embassies are not helping as well, as they have not been responding to my mails.

Thank you very much.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Rusa(f): 8:20am On Jul 03, 2023
munachieze:
Hello everyone.
I recently got accepted into the University of Antwerp and I must say that I have gained valuable info on this thread while I have been processing my documents these past weeks.
Thank you all.

Please I need a little clarity on sponsorship. I want to use my brother in the US as my sponsor. He has been able to gather all required documents for the legalisation of Annex 32 (proof of financial support)...with the exception of proof of family tie.

- proof of family ties between the student and the sponsor: original birth certificates with an apostille for American documents or (if needed) legalization from both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country of birth as well as a legalization from the Belgian representation in your country of birth.
Please contact the Belgian representation in your country of birth to inquire about the legalization procedure.

This would mean my brother would have to send his birth certificate to Nigeria, and have it authenticated and legalised (alongside mine), and then have them sent back to him. That would take a considerable amount of time which I am worried that I don't have.

And lastly, does a sponsor have to be a close relative? Can a family friend sponsor someone? I have a family friend in Belgium and I read somewhere that sponsors in Belgium don't have to prove family ties.

Please I would love to get some info about this. The ones I've been gathering online have been somewhat contradictory. The Embassies are not helping as well, as they have not been responding to my mails.

Thank you very much.

Family friends in Belgium or EU do not need to prove family ties.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Rusa(f): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2023
mekstaniac:
Please can I pay a tuition of 20k euros yearly? I just got admitted into a school in Belgium and that's their tuition. Can I work there and meet up?

20k yearly ?? 😮😮😮

All the very best
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by munachieze: 11:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
Rusa:

Family friends in Belgium or EU do not need to prove family ties.

Thank you so much for your response. I eventually figured that out.

I know they generally advise to begin processing your visa 2 to 3 months before you have to in Belgium. Is this always the case?
My school's resumption date is September 17th, and chances are I won't be able to apply for a visa until late July at the very least.
It has me worried a bit.
Would that be considered as too late?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Rusa(f): 7:13am On Jul 04, 2023
munachieze:

Thank you so much for your response. I eventually figured that out.

I know they generally advise to begin processing your visa 2 to 3 months before you have to in Belgium. Is this always the case?
My school's resumption date is September 17th, and chances are I won't be able to apply for a visa until late July at the very least.
It has me worried a bit.
Would that be considered as too late?

Belgium visa processing is very unpredictable. That’s why it is best to start on time. Some applications get response in less than a month, some can stay up to 3 months. So if you have the option of submitting earlier, just do.
No one can 💯 predict Belgium. We all know its better to apply early

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by munachieze: 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
Rusa:

Belgium visa processing is very unpredictable. That’s why it is best to start on time. Some applications get response in less than a month, some can stay up to 3 months. So if you have the option of submitting earlier, just do.

Alright. Thank you for this.
I'll do my best to sort things out as early as possible.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by WatchYourSix: 1:44am On Jul 12, 2023
Rusa:

Hi...
If an applicant is applying for a second masters and the first masters is from uk...does she need to still submit legalized nigerian bsc and waec for the visa application or the MSc which was used to secure the admission is enough..

Also... should one also legize police report and medical certificate ??

Can u recommend cheap insurance that is acceptable by the embassy... we saw one : swiss care...very cheap...but we dont wanna make mistake we heared thy can deny visa because of type of insurance

Lastly...if the embassy accept gurantor....will the embassy ask for any further proof in the future that the guarantor is providing the required monthly assistance
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Isimiyaki(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hello,
Thanks everyone, info on this tread has been really helpful. Pls I would like some info on local sponsorship. I have secured admission and gotten my admission letter into a private business school in Antwerp. Done my processes with MOE and MOFA. Moving on to legalization with the Belgian embassy, can my in law (elder sister husband) be my sponsor as he has been my sponsor since my first degree? Can hotel booking be used as proof of accommodation in the visa application process? Which insurance company is recommended and how much does it cost? Lastly please if there is any group this 2023/2024 academic session kindly add O8O724 99999, I would really appreciate sharing and getting info. Looking forward to responses good people.
Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Isimiyaki(m): 1:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Aisha07259:

There’s a group..add your number so I can ask for you to be added to the group

Kindly add me on the group pls I am working the process right now and all info would be appreciated as well as the ones I can share. 08072499999. Am at Legalization stage with the embassy now.
Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by successfullife1: 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by EniHolar(f): 12:10am On Aug 07, 2023
I want to apply for Studentship Visa, but I want to first confirm if Belgium allows reallocating with spouse.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by westautoglassre: 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2023
it is good and instructive information about...... Thanks for sharing an amazing article here. https://airports-taxi.be/
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by westautoglassre: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2023
it is good and instructive information about Studying In Belgium.For need a taxi Antwerpen book Now https://airports-taxi.be/
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Faaavvv: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hello everyone.
Please I just secured an admission with a private institution in Brussels
Please I just got to the legalization stage with the embassy

Kindly add me to any group for Belgium please for further help and guidance
My Number: 08144148881
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by EniHolar(f): 2:53am On Aug 17, 2023
Can they permit a Masters student to move with spouse after gaining admission in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2023
EniHolar:
Can they permit a Masters student to move with spouse after gaining admission in Belgium?

Yes but he can't work and needed to provide a strong financial proof.
At this point blocked account is the best option.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Mooncake: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Does anyone here have any tips for getting accommodation that allows domicile?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ogundare26: 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
Good day everyone I'm Mary and I already finished secondary School and I have my waec results, my dad is planning on sending to study nursing in Belgium. I'm just starting the process and I have no idea on how to go about it, I have been searching for universities online but I'm not really getting the idea of their education system.
I would really appreciate anyone advice or suggestions on how I can go about getting admission
And also how to get the study visa
I would also like to know if I can also work while studying to support myself. Thank you I await everyone's response
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 7:00am On Sep 06, 2023
Mooncake:
Does anyone here have any tips for getting accommodation that allows domicile?

Which city
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 7:03am On Sep 06, 2023
Ogundare26:
Good day everyone I'm Mary and I already finished secondary School and I have my waec results, my dad is planning on sending to study nursing in Belgium. I'm just starting the process and I have no idea on how to go about it, I have been searching for universities online but I'm not really getting the idea of their education system.
I would really appreciate anyone advice or suggestions on how I can go about getting admission
And also how to get the study visa
I would also like to know if I can also work while studying to support myself. Thank you I await everyone's response

Nursing for Belgium requires you to understand some level of French or Dutch depending on the city.
Also, you might have to take preparatory program and other things before starting the nursing program.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yemtope: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
Good day everyone, pls does anyone has info on family reunification visa D to Belgium to join a Nigerian over there?? . The spouse to be joined in Belgium is a student on scholarship. Pls, anyone with information on how to go about it. The website is not giving details as regards a student (dependant visa) for scholarships students.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by SouthSultan(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2023
munachieze:
Hello everyone.
Thank you all.

Thank you very much.

Hello boss. How did this later go? How did you go about proving your ties with your sponsor?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by optimusprime2(m): 12:59am On Sep 28, 2023
EniHolar:

This situation is tricky and wholly depends on your academic funding source... but most importantly try to understand that Belgium is not like the US, UK and the likes when it comes to dependent spouses on a study permit. Your spouse is also to be given a long stay D visa, which means he/she has to apply wholly for a long stay alongside your own application... basically everything (apart from academic enrolment) that you submit, he/she has to submit too.

Now the tricky part as I mentioned earlier, lies on "Funding". Tricky in the sense that; your spouse should not give an isolated form of funding, it has to be connected to you-Because you are the one who is going for studies not your spouse. Based on that, your spouse shouldn't submit an isolated Annex32 or blocked account without it being connected to you.

If you are on a Flemish scholarship, then it's almost not possible to attach a dependent based on agreements/undertakings "You" sign that pertains to you as the sole benefactor of a scholarship.

(If done together)
If you use an annex 32, asides the fact that a lot of Authenticated and legalised paperwork has to be provided to support the application, please note that the financial requirements for the guarantor become double the value, i.e 800Euros/month x 2.
However that's only one side of the coin, even if the financials are met, it might be permitted but not guaranteed- if your spouse does not justify a credible reason why he/she needs to accompany you (remember you submit your enrolment letter for the Annex 32, your spouse also needs to submit a written letter alongside marriage
Documents requesting to accompany you)

(If done together)
Most likely, a blocked account (about 20,000Euros if I am not mistaken) is more advised in this instance as the paperwork required would not be as super-sized as the Annex32. However your spouse would still need a covering letter regardless.

In my opinion I advise your spouse to also apply for an academic program and tag along with you, as since the requirements for the visa application will be almost the same thing for both of you, why not go for a value added option for your spouse?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Jeff0983: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2023
Guys please is Pictures , chats history, marriage certificate ( but not up to 3 months old) bank statements showing money sent to each enough for UK dependent visa?
Though we would be adding NIN because our NIN has the same Naija address but we have only been in Nigeria together for just 10 months, we also want to add SHEIN invoice 🧾 showing our address in Dubai from 2021 , will this be acceptable because we don’t have bills paid with both our names or tenancy agreement with both name, I have mailed the housed I lived in in Dubai to add my wife’s name to the contract but the said it against their policy and I don’t want to forge anything,

Our pictures together is from 2020 to 2023
Chat history is from 2020 to 2023
Bank statements showing money sent to each other is from 2021 to 2023
SHEIN invoices is from 2021
NIN is just 10 months.
We want to submit our visa by Monday
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by itunuoye: 4:47am On Oct 13, 2023
Good everyone is true that Belgium embassy take long time to give decision if someone is applying for short stay visa. I read some tread that it takes more than 2months to give decision.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by itunuoye: 6:43am On Oct 14, 2023
itunuoye:
Good everyone is true that Belgium embassy take long time to give decision if someone is applying for short stay visa. I read some tread that it takes more than 2months to give decision.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Sirgilbz: 3:24am On Nov 09, 2023
Good morning everyone. I got admission in Ghent and Antwerp. I used my cousin's statement of account as proof of sponsorship during my application. My cousin is actually based in Nigeria and I don't know if I did the right thing. Should I legalize the statement of account and use it for visa application or what should I do. I need urgent explanations on this sponsorship thing. Can a sponsor be based here in Nigeria ?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Ndidi2: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2023
Jeff0983:
Guys please is Pictures , chats history, marriage certificate ( but not up to 3 months old) bank statements showing money sent to each enough for UK dependent visa?
Though we would be adding NIN because our NIN has the same Naija address but we have only been in Nigeria together for just 10 months, we also want to add SHEIN invoice 🧾 showing our address in Dubai from 2021 , will this be acceptable because we don’t have bills paid with both our names or tenancy agreement with both name, I have mailed the housed I lived in in Dubai to add my wife’s name to the contract but the said it against their policy and I don’t want to forge anything,

Our pictures together is from 2020 to 2023
Chat history is from 2020 to 2023
Bank statements showing money sent to each other is from 2021 to 2023
SHEIN invoices is from 2021
NIN is just 10 months.
We want to submit our visa by Monday
could you please kindly give me the contact of d genuine agent u used
I will be forever grateful

As my husband wz scammed and has given up.

Please quote me on a dead page

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.