Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU (15824 Views)

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Making Negotiation Difficult –ngige / ASUU Strike: FG Resumes Negotiation Today / ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by ManLikeL: 2:29am On Oct 31, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities has accused the Federal Government of frustrating efforts to resolve issues that led to the ongoing strike action embarked upon by the lecturers.

The National President, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, said this on Politics Today, a programme aired on Channels Television and monitored by our correspondent.

He explained that the Federal Government has refused to take the necessary steps in addressing the strike action.

According to him, the delay in adopting ASUU’s preferred platform, the University Transparency and Accountability Solution, is one of the major reasons why the strike has not been suspended.

He said, “The strike is still on as a result of the FG not taking the necessary steps. We gave them two weeks to address our five points demands.

“We engaged the government but they were not forthcoming. They had a whole year to address those issues. They gave us positions that were not acceptable to our members.

“During our first meeting, we thought they were almost resolving the issues.

“What compounded the problem is the issue of IPPIS. We have said that it is a distraction. There is no university in the world that IPPIS is being used.

“We have done three presentations of UTAS to the Minister of Education and his team, the leadership of Senate and Office of the Accountant-General. They only agreed that UTAS is accepted in principles.

“We are almost getting UTAS approved but govt is saying that our members should first migrate to IPPIS before returning to UTAS. That makes no economic sense. The government has made it difficult for smooth negotiation. They said our members will be paid when they move to IPPIS.”

A few hours before the interview, the Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, said FG was committed to ending the strike.

“We will keep pushing for a consensus on this issue so as to bring the much-needed succour to students at home,” he tweeted.

For the second time in one week, the meeting between the FG and ASUU deadlocked on Wednesday as they failed to agree on the payment platform to be used in disbursing the salary arrears and the N30bn Earned Allowance of the university lecturers.

The FG team led by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, had offered to pay the salary arrears and the N30bn Earned Allowances of the university lecturers through the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System platform pending the roll-out of ASUU’s preferred platform, the University Transparency and Accountability Solution.

But the ASUU delegation led by Ogunyemi insisted that the payment should be made through the UTAS.

Sequel to their failure to reach a consensus, the parties agreed to consult their respective principals and stakeholders and adjourned till next week Wednesday.

https://punchng.com/strike-fg-making-smooth-negotiation-difficult-ASUU/

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 31, 2020
SMH
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Xixtie(f): 8:25am On Oct 31, 2020
ManLikeL:

https://punchng.com/strike-fg-making-smooth-negotiation-difficult-ASUU/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
No one takes any of these two clowns seriously anymore.
I just pity all you students out there.
All you need is a miracle.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by ignis: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2020
it's unfortunate ASUU is headed by selfish old leaders who put thier interest first over that of the students and the country.
The present government on the other hand don't value education in the country because all their children are studying abroad and unaffected by ASUU's incessant strike.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Sonnobax15(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2020
undecided. ASUU dey busy dey fight for their pockets jor.....
no be only smooth negotiation na rough rider

......... majority of the students wey I know don almost give up on school finish

so Tay many of Dem don go join H.k......just dey press,dey do their things dey go until God go open way for dem...

by d way,which kind mumu country Dem born me put self Infact, anytime wey I hear d name ASUU,I just dey vex

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2020
H
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 31, 2020
FG and ASUU should reach an agreement shapaly biko make students resume school..

God bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by whela(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2020
FG vs ASUU = CAT vs RAT
Simply put ; TOM and JERRY

5 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by EKITI001: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2020
I think this OGUNYEMI IS A THIEF

You mean you have gone to design an application, named it UTAS and want FG to start using it to pay Universities staff salaries?

FG is wiling to make IPPIS work well for university staff salaries payment, but all you are shouting is UTAS UTAS UTAS UTAS?

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Enudapan: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

To my upcoming graduate (undergraduate)
Forget about FG nd ASUU romancing nd catching cruises without each other, trying to cash out among themselves why there children are schooling abroad,
Just ignore them till the are done
Then take a mushin weed and start up a B0mbing career, for your own good

Thank me leta (when you get your own ride)

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by EKITI001: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2020
UTAS UTAS UTAS UTAS ..

Is there sense in you making an application for your employer to be paying you and your colleagues salaries and then say your employer must use it or u continue on strike...

Something is fishing

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by AFvckingAlpha(m): 9:33am On Oct 31, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Its like FG and ASUU are playing the Nigerian checkers.

While the former is trying to get to the crown, the latter wants to level the playing ground and make the game open.

I'm in my house getting high on some shit, and will keep my fingers crossed and watch out shit pans out.

Makes me remember one proverb my grandmother told me when I went to the village during one festive period, so many years ago before she passed on. She said boy, when two elephants fight, its the grass that suffer.

I looked at her blankly, my naive young mind didnt understand nothing. Now I do.

ASUU and FG wahala nor be today.

The onus is on me to hustle so I can send my kid(s) to foreign universities in Europe, preferably Charles University in Prague. You can tap into this sense too.

Thats why I keep bombing everyday continuosly on a weekend, trying to get paid and live my life to the fullest.

Its survival of the fittest. Its natural selection baby.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Ugolistikp: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Nigeria
All this old men be jeopardizing the future of the Youths ... During the ENDSARS protest the government was ready to succumb to the demands of ASUU so as to disperse the youth on the street and they even opened NYSC camp but na say the protest end na Y this negotiation still dey linger

5 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by LibertyRep: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2020
I really don't understand while strike has to be this protracted.

At the end, the FG will still pay these striking lecturers for those months they weren't at work, while the students suffer for it.

In every negotiation, there will always be a common ground. The two sides should be willing to come down off their high horses.

8 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by phransix2: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2020
And ASUU making 4 years course 8 years

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by faithfull18(f): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Their children don't school here hence no sense of urgency.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by slawormiir: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Sure it will be difficult
You can't dictate to your employer how you want to be paid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by mayor1814: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Honestly lecturers are not treated right. FG should try and listen to them, what lecturers are asking for will do no harm to govt.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by wonuks(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
That's what I'm telling those students in school, hold the government accountable not ASUU

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by BeeWorld010(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
They don't care about us. Rubbish

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by DropsMic(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2020
That's what they know how to do best

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Royalfurnitures: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Cos they are not serious to resolve the issue

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by MarveworldNG: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Why all these?

Read my signature below
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Abilog: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2020
angry
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Brigade499: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2020
na wa o
When it was time for protest they started rushing things.
Werey dey disguise
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Wassapviews: 9:37am On Oct 31, 2020
Continu,

Just continu
Re: Strike: FG Making Smooth Negotiation Difficult —ASUU by Sunnycliff(m): 9:37am On Oct 31, 2020
We have a dubious, lyingbFG

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Science Course Can Someone Apply Without Writing Physics In Jamb / 5 Important Things To Take Note When Registering For Post UTME 2018 / Covenant Universit Now Among Top 700 Universities - Times Higher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.