Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? (22987 Views)

Russia Never Banned The Seventh -day Adventist Church / Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition / What Is Your View About The SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Mariangeles(f): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2017
chriseruba:

Good and thanks for your Frank testimony about the church. As for the lengthy service, I believe it has to do with the church branch where you worshiped and the pastor or Elder that ministered that Sabbath. But in some other branches of the church, they close on or before 12pm, latest 12:30. you can find out yourself. and you can also write to the first elder of the church branch where you worship or at least meet him in person to discuss their lateness in service, and trust me next Sabbath they will make amends. Seventh Day Adventist Church, is a church where everyone can make an input and contribution as long as its for the progress of the church, and it's not ungodly. you could even be called to preach one Sabbath. so just talk to the first elder or any of the church officers in your branch and they will make amends. Thanks
Do they believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God?
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:29am On Dec 31, 2017
Rhodiumic:
Nice one bro, yhu hv said it all. Thumbs up.
thanks boss
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2017
SAMBARRY:
THEY don't wear jewellery,they don't do their weddings on Saturdays,they frown at their members getting married to non Adventist
you lied about the getting married to other believers
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is a Protestant Christian group

They forbids food like pork, crayfish e.t.c which according to their doctrine or discipline is unclean.

They follow that rule strictly.

I have a friend like, after serving a meal, you need to see questioning shocked shocked shocked

we engaged in a bible discussion and through the power of the Holy Spirit I revealed some truth

In conclusion, The truth is that there is nothing created by God that is unclean!

To God be the glory, he eats those things now
they are unclean animals and clean animals, your friend isn't equipped with Bible knowledge.... Even in Israel today, they don't eat anyhow animals and you don't dare kill animals You're not gonna eat

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2017
cowleg:
They believe in old testament.
your church don't believe in it?

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2017
frosbel2:
Just another cult who follow a false prophet and plagiarist par excellence called Ellen White !!
rubbish
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2017
smiley
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:47am On Dec 31, 2017
Mariangeles:
it is not called Jesus, it's called Yahshua

There is no J or G in the Hebrew word

Yahweh is the father and Yahshua the son!
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Mariangeles(f): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2017
bastien:
your church don't believe in it?
Do they believe in circumcision?
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Mariangeles(f): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2017
bastien:

Noted.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by harriet412(f): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2017
kolawoleibukun:
day there day find co-relation when you mate day find money.
na wetin you come do for life be that?
I be your teacher?

Kikikikikikikikikigringrin

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2017
Mariangeles:
Do they believe in circumcision?
I can't answer that
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by harriet412(f): 11:58am On Dec 31, 2017
bastien:
they are unclean animals and clean animals, your friend isn't equipped with Bible knowledge.... Even in Israel today, they don't eat anyhow animals and you don't dare kill animals You're not gonna eat

Uncle, didn't u read the passage in the Bible when God sent peter to Joppa and asked him not call any animal uncleanundecided
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Khamali(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
vooks:
They worship a female pope Ellen White who is believed to be an infallible interpreter of NT and OT.

Oga you lied there! worship a female pope? Oga get your facts right.
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Khamali(m): 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
Mariangeles:
Yes we believe that Christ is the son of God.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Khamali(m): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Am proudly an Adventist! We dont worship Ellen White and yes we have our choice of life and are human beings like you. I don't disregard Sunday church-goers a bit because I believe that our salvation on the advent of Lord and Saviour is what matters most.

4 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by bastien: 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
harriet412:

Uncle, didn't u read the passage in the Bible when God sent peter to Joppa and asked him not call any animal uncleanundecided
abeg send me place for Bible make I read am madam
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
fashrola:

If i cook cockroach and Lizard shey you go chop ABI?
I dont like them so that is why I won't eat them.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Modupeolatemi01(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
The thread was about seventh day Adventist not others who worship on Sabbath n I am one n that's y I said we don't do all those passover thingy. I am a seventh ds at Adventist.

bastien:
in my post I said they are many sabbaths churches in Nigeria, maybe you should tell me the one you attend

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by ighodalonosa(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
bastien:

We Adventist do believe in JESUS. I do not think you are an Adventist bro

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by ighodalonosa(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
The word Advent means second coming. so we are Christians awaiting the second coming of Jesus Christ. this is the foundation of our doctrine.

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Saintdaprince(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
They are the only remnant church of God. The preach the undiluted word of God. The believe in bible and bible alone. For those that said the worship a woman by name Ellen Gold White, you need a brain reset. The don't worship not adore her. She was a prophet that God used to throw more light after the great disappointment of 1844. She was inspired by God and she wrote many books. Google it for yourself and learn that she was never worshipped by any Adventist member. Let say the truth of what we have verified to be fact. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Nosikebit(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

They forbids food like pork, crayfish e.t.c which according to their doctrine or discipline is unclean.

I have a friend like, after serving a meal, you need to see questioning shocked shocked shocked

we engaged in a bible discussion and through the power of the Holy Spirit I revealed some truth

In conclusion, The truth is that there is nothing created by God that is unclean!

after all you typed, i just concluded in my mind that you must be a female. Only a female can make a man change his entire belief. P***sy is powerful.

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by NoToPile: 12:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nothing really strange about them, apart from services held on Saturdays. That's all. It's just like normal churches possibly more baptistlike in nature.

No strange antibiblical teachings and that's the most important in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2017

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nosikebit:
after all you typed, i just concluded in my mind that you must be a female. Only a female can make a man change his entire belief. P***sy is powerful.
Not every men has their brain underneath their foot. I mean

Not everyone is a psycho like you!

we still have Godly, reasonable and friendly men out there with no strings attached

I guess you don't have such friends undecided

1 Like

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Olanrefront3355(m): 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Hi, I'm a Muslim, and all those animals that were forbidden in the Quran Are surely forbidden in the Bible.

If anything is forbidden in the Quran, it's must have been that it's medically dangerous to the health.

Bible is not a book of science, same as Quran...

Just now, you acted like you've created the world, you might be killing yourself or someone slowly.

There are proofs other Animals forbidden are dangerous to human health also.

From what I found out about PORK, see below
1. PIGS ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE GUTS, THEY’LL EAT ANYTHING FROM THEIR OWN FECES, CANCER GROWTHS ON OTHER PIGS, DIFFERENT SORTS OF INSECTS, DECAYING ANIMAL FLESH AND DRINK THEIR OWN URINE

Source: Youtube.com

2. THE PIG’S MEAT ABSORBS TOXINS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ANIMAL. THESE TOXINS SPOIL THE MEAT AND MAKE IT DANGEROUS

Source: drjockers.com

3. THE PIG IS THE ONLY MAMMAL THAT DOES NOT SWEAT OR PERSPIRE, THUS, MEANING, THE SWEAT AND TOXINS MERGE IN THE FLESH

Source: curiosity.com

4. PIGS AND SWINE ARE SO POISONOUS THAT YOU CAN HARDLY KILL THEM WITH STRYCHNINE OR OTHER POISONS

Source: motherjones.com

5. FARMERS WHO KEEP PIGS OFTEN OPEN THEM UP TO RATTLESNAKES NEST, BECAUSE EVEN A SNAKE BITE CAN NOT POISON A PIG

Source: Twitter.com

6. WHEN A PIG DIES, THE MAGGOTS, BACTERIA AND INSECTS EAT THE PIG’S FLESH FASTER THAN ANY OTHER ANIMAL

Source: sciencebuzz.com

7. THERE IS NO SAFE TEMPERATURE AT WHICH PORK CAN BE COOKED TO ENSURE THAT ALL THESE PARASITES, CYSTS AND EGGS WILL BE KILLED

Source: videojug.com

8. A PIG’S MEAT HOLDS TWICE AS MORE FAT AS BEEF, WHICH OBVIOUSLY, IS NOT GOOD FOR THE HUMAN BODY

Source: ribshack.com

9. A COW, WITH 4 STOMACHS, DIGESTS ITS FOOD IN GOOD TIME – WHILST, THE PIG TAKES 4 HOURS TO DIGEST ITS FOUL FOOD, WHICH TURNS INTO FLESH

Source: imgur.com

10. PIGS CARRY ABOUT 30 DISEASES WHICH CAN BE EASILY PASSED TO HUMANS. THIS IS WHY ALLAH COMMANDED US TO NOT EVEN TO TOUCH THEIR CARCASS

Source: pig333.com

11. PORK CAN CAUSE DISEASES SUCH AS TYPHOID, ARTHRITIS, RHEUMATISM, GASTRITIS, MS, MENINGITIS AND PERMANENT GALL BLADDER TROUBLE

Source: intechopen.com

12. PIG MEAT IS SO POISONOUS AND FILTHY, THEY HAVE SEWER LINES RUNNING DOWN EACH LEG WITH AN OUTLET IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOT. OUT OF THIS HOLE OOZES PUS AND FILTH HIS BODY CANNOT PASS INTO ITS SYSTEM FAST ENOUGH, WHICH GETS INTO THE MEAT

There are other proofs, just these are enough...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by 6pax: 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
Can a seven days advantist lady marry outside her denomination
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Nosikebit(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Not every men has their brain underneath their foot. I mean

Not everyone is a psycho like you!

we still have Godly, reasonable and friendly men out there with no strings attached

I guess you don't have such friends undecided
grin grin.. the only thing that made that guy change his lifelong belief is because you have p**sy. Simple if u dont like it go and kill urself
Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2017
Olanrefront3355:

Hi, I'm a Muslim, and all those animals that were forbidden in the Quran Are surely forbidden in the Bible.

If anything is forbidden in the Quran, it's must have been that it's medically dangerous to the health.

Just now, you acted like you've created the world, you might be killing yourself or someone slowly.

1. PIGS ARE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE GUTS, THEY’LL EAT ANYTHING FROM THEIR OWN FECES, CANCER GROWTHS ON OTHER PIGS, DIFFERENT SORTS OF INSECTS, DECAYING ANIMAL FLESH AND DRINK THEIR OWN URINE

2. THE PIG’S MEAT ABSORBS TOXINS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER ANIMAL. THESE TOXINS SPOIL THE MEAT AND MAKE IT DANGEROUS

3. THE PIG IS THE ONLY MAMMAL THAT DOES NOT SWEAT OR PERSPIRE, THUS, MEANING, THE SWEAT AND TOXINS MERGE IN THE FLESH

4. PIGS AND SWINE ARE SO POISONOUS THAT YOU CAN HARDLY KILL THEM WITH STRYCHNINE OR OTHER POISONS

5. FARMERS WHO KEEP PIGS OFTEN OPEN THEM UP TO RATTLESNAKES NEST, BECAUSE EVEN A SNAKE BITE CAN NOT POISON A PIG

6. WHEN A PIG DIES, THE MAGGOTS, BACTERIA AND INSECTS EAT THE PIG’S FLESH FASTER THAN ANY OTHER ANIMAL

7. THERE IS NO SAFE TEMPERATURE AT WHICH PORK CAN BE COOKED TO ENSURE THAT ALL THESE PARASITES, CYSTS AND EGGS WILL BE KILLED

8. A PIG’S MEAT HOLDS TWICE AS MORE FAT AS BEEF, WHICH OBVIOUSLY, IS NOT GOOD FOR THE HUMAN BODY

9. A COW, WITH 4 STOMACHS, DIGESTS ITS FOOD IN GOOD TIME – WHILST, THE PIG TAKES 4 HOURS TO DIGEST ITS FOUL FOOD, WHICH TURNS INTO FLESH

10. PIGS CARRY ABOUT 30 DISEASES WHICH CAN BE EASILY PASSED TO HUMANS. THIS IS WHY ALLAH COMMANDED US TO NOT EVEN TO TOUCH THEIR CARCASS

11. PORK CAN CAUSE DISEASES SUCH AS TYPHOID, ARTHRITIS, RHEUMATISM, GASTRITIS, MS, MENINGITIS AND PERMANENT GALL BLADDER TROUBLE

12. PIG MEAT IS SO POISONOUS AND FILTHY, THEY HAVE SEWER LINES RUNNING DOWN EACH LEG WITH AN OUTLET IN THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOT. OUT OF THIS HOLE OOZES PUS AND FILTH HIS BODY CANNOT PASS INTO ITS SYSTEM FAST ENOUGH, WHICH GETS INTO THE MEAT

Acts 10:12-15New International Version (NIV)

12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds.

13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Timothy 4:4-5 also has this to say:
4 Everything that God has created is good; nothing is to be rejected, but everything is to be received with a prayer of thanks,

5 because the word of God and the prayer make it acceptable to God.

Then if in Genesis 1:31
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good, then who are we to say otherwise

I cannot dispute all your findings about pork but I will share my own personal experience with you

I eat pork as far back as I can remember

I am heathy, intelligent (not bragging) strong and hardworking.

I also know alot of people that rear and eat them, some are now old while some use them for commercial purpose.

The problem is not the pork, its the mindset.

Remember that popular parable in the bible "the prodigal son".

He was feeding the pig! then I ask, why was the owner of the pig keeping them or employ people to feed them

You see my dear let no one condemn you or you condemn yoursef when God has done no such thing.

Nosikebit:
This was part of the bible discussion we shared that day

fashrola:

bastien:
The above quotes was my submission. I would base all on the word of God which is the bible.

cause as you know even Israel can make mistake(s) or act on their conviction but the word of God is universal and it is there for ALL to see.

Etogist:

Engage me on this please. I'll like to know the truth too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by buffalowings: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
Olanrefront3355:

You obviously know how to use Google
But you need education on how to extract facts from the trawl of garbage that is the internet

If a country is consuming 10000meteric tons of pork in a year, wouldn't you want to know more about how the ensure safety before consumption.

Don't let religion blindside you

2 Likes

Re: The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them? by fmarshal(m): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
It's a good Church. Despite the fact I don't agree with some of their teachings, it's still an okay place to worship. They worship on Saturdays and keep it holy. I still remember when Pastor Emmanuel George seized and broke my radio on a Saturday afternoon while I was listening to EPL commentary.
Their singing is so on point. They make you fall in love with hymns.
They say a true Adventist would not eat meat, but some of them still do. It's not enforced.
Bottom line is that it is a Church that cares about health and well-being as well as spiritual growth.
Hopefully with time, they would get a clearer understanding and see the spiritual meaning of some scriptures as against the literal and theological meanings they pride themselves in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-rufai Moves To Regulate Religious Preaching In Kaduna / ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? / Anthonia Fufeyin Gives Stephanie Idolor N1 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.