Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval (33028 Views)

Iara, Adams Oshiomhole & El-Rufai Dancing At APC Rally In Edo ( Video, Pics) / Ize-Iyamu Replies Oshiomhole:How Much Did Dangote Contribute To Your Campaign? / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Replies Critics With Facts & Figures (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by midolian(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am not sure you understand the meaning of proof otherwise you won't ask for it when it is staring you in the face...

Did you guys read this post? Did you notice it tallied 2000% with my submissions to you yesterday?...gringrin
Cc. midolian,vedaxcool,Eruditor, joseph1832,...Be partisan but do it constructively and argue on the side of facts not sheepish sentiments, epileptic submissions, and myopic followership...happy new month cheesy
All I see in ya post is happy new month.. And I say same to you, my man grin
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
midolian:
All I see in ya post is happy new month.. And I say same to you, my man grin

gringringrin Thanks man...quit maligning people unjustifiably this month onwards...
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by joseph1832(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am not sure you understand the meaning of proof otherwise you won't ask for it when it is staring you in the face...

Did you guys read this post? Did you notice it tallied 2000% with my submissions to you yesterday?...gringrin
Cc. mido.lian,veda.xcool,Erud.itor, joseph.1832,...Be partisan but do it constructively and argue on the side of facts not sheepish sentiments, epileptic submissions, and myopic followership... happy new month cheesy
Which and what submission did you make to me yesterday?

At the embolden, one who speak of such things should be prudent enough to know that real change can never happen just under one month of take over. tongue

Funny thing is you can't smell the miasma coming out of your a$s!.
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
joseph1832:
Which and what submission did you make to me yesterday?

At the embolden, one who speak of such things should be prudent enough to know that real change can never happen just under one month of take over. tongue

Funny thing is you can't smell the miasma coming out of your a$s!.

I wasn't disappointed by your reply but this will be the last attention, I will oblige you here...

Check your mentions for my yesterday reply to your tirade...or ask your comrade@midolian to show you...thanks and bye
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by nworanco(m): 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
odinese:
I don't like this ngozi at all...my mind keeps telling me that this woman is a big crook,,she is sucking this country from the back
Pretending with that are holy face and sweet mouth...
Shutup u fool, u never talk reasonably and made good contributions to the issue. Ask the governors to counter her claims, and stop ranting .
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by joseph1832(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I wasn't disappointed by your reply but this will be the last attention, I will oblige you here...

Check your mentions for my yesterday reply to your tirade...or ask your comrade@midolian to show you...thanks and bye
Your disappointment is yours and yours alone. I have no part in it neither do I care.

By the way, fuuuckk you and fuuucck your attention! LMAO. Happy New Month!. grintongue
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by horbafemie(m): 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
grin grin grin
Sunnybobo3:
The allegation by some governors that a former Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, spent $2.1 billion out of the Excess Crude Account “without authorization” is false, malicious and totally without foundation, the minister’s spokesperson said Tuesday.

The governors of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole; Kaduna, Nasir El-Rufai, had said that the National Economic Council, at a meeting on Monday, found that $2.1 billion of the Excess Crude Account was spent without the approval of the council.

The former minister said no unauthorized expenditure from the ECA was made under her watch in the Finance Ministry, and that decisions on such expenditure were discussed at meetings of the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) attended by finance commissioners from the 36 states.

“It is curious that in their desperation to use the esteemed National Economic Council for political and personal vendetta, the persons behind these allegations acted as if the constitutionally recognized FAAC, a potent expression of Nigeria’s fiscal federalism, does not exist,” a statement signed by the former minister’s spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, said.

“But Nigerians know that collective revenues, allocations and expenditures of the three tiers of government are the concern of the monthly FAAC meetings.

“It is important to acknowledge the efforts of governors who are working hard to overcome the current revenue challenges facing their states without resorting to character assassination and blame games,” it said.

The former minister said she remained ready and willing to respond to legitimate enquiries about issues under her purview as Finance Minister.

“But it is clear that this is the latest chapter of a political witch-hunt by elements who are attempting to use the respected National Economic Council for ignoble purposes having failed abysmally in their previous attempts to tar the Okonjo-Iweala name. 

“It will be recalled that one of such attempts took place in May when some of these governors, hiding under the auspices of the Nigerian Governors Forum asked Okonjo-Iweala to explain $20 billion alleged to be missing from the same ECA.

“The Finance Ministry subsequently issued a news release and published an advertorial in national newspapers on May 25, 2015 giving details of what the Federal Government and states received from the ECA in the last four years. It also provided details of the use of the funds for payment of petrol subsidies for the Nigerian public and SURE-P allocations to the three tiers for development purposes.

“After the publication, the accusers lost their voice.
But the latest allegations show that these persons are still in the business of throwing up wild, unsubstantiated figures to damage Okonjo-Iweala’s name. For instance, within the last few months, Governor Oshiomhole and his fellow travelers have asked Okonjo-Iweala to account for “missing” $30 billion, $20 billion and now $2.1 billion. What they don’t seem to understand is that the strategy has lost all credibility because the falsehood is clear for all to see. 

“How can some governors who fought FG’s efforts to leave robust savings in the ECA and even took the Federal Government to court over the matter turn around to make such unfounded allegations?

“The world knows that it was Okonjo-Iweala who pioneered, during her first stint as Minister of Finance in the Obasanjo administration, the practice of publishing monthly updates of all allocations to different tiers of government in order to empower Nigerians with information and knowledge of government revenues and expenditure. This enabled the Nigerian public to ask questions about the utilization of these resources. Of course many elected and appointed public officials were not happy with this development.

“She continued this practice when she returned in 2011 and even added periodic updates on the Excess Crude Account, subsidy payments for verified claims by oil marketers for fuel imports as well as SURE-P payments to the three tiers of government.

“Against this background, the idea that she spent $2.1 billion “without authorization” is simply not credible given that details of government receipts and expenditure are public knowledge.

“We believe that Nigerians are too smart to be hoodwinked by this partisan desperation to tar the name of Okonjo-Iweala.

“In the interest of the country, we advise that public officials should avoid the temptation to politicize economic issues so that balanced analysis can lead to real solutions.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185866-okonjo-iweala-replies-oshiomhole-el-rufai-denies-spending-oil-money-without-approval.html

i laff in togo ha-ha-hah-aahh-ahahahahaha stammering kind of laff
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by midolian(m): 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

gringringrin Thanks man...quit maligning people unjustifiably this month onwards...
lool..As if you arnt the one guilty of that. God dey watch you and other TANoids is 5000D
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
midolian:
lool..As if you arnt the one guilty of that. God dey watch you and other TANoids is 5000D

Sure I am guilty too but ONLY when I see people lying against facts whether as leaders or forumites...I play dirty at such moments gringrin God forgive me...
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
... there must always b a counter...

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by midolian(m): 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Sure I am guilty too but ONLY when I see people lying against facts whether as leaders or forumites...I play dirty at such moments gringrin God forgive me...
grin grin grin grin grin

Amen.. And me too grin grin grin grin
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by 1stola: 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Your hatred will only eat you up and nobody else...
Why not Google everybody else in your lineage starting with your parents if there name and achievements aren't captured there then be sure you're on such path too...Repent this July...
Shut da fùck nonentity asshóle

Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by baralatie(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
q.e.d
that is why she is the minister of finance

PMB if I had an advice follow NOI advice because if you are following this APC propaganda bandwagon,they will turn around to spoil you.
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by odinese(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ofeakwu:

U see what am telling u, ur mind too dey deceive u. So u no know say u be monkey?; #Adaka-enwe![/color][color=#006600]
Ngi bu enwe.
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Amanwulu1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
shadelek:
except that you gave GEJ wrong advice to remove fuel subsidy.
are u a baby? Ur friends in subsidy removal protest 've all left u behind, pls catch up wit dem.
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Image123(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
sss2015:

Mumu, she said it was authorized by members of FAAC which the commissioner of finance from your state

Obviously you lack proper home training, that's why you found it hard to pass across your point without resorting to insult. The matter is very clear. The Governors say NEC is the proper authorization for spending ECA, and that the last balance was $4.1billion, but that there is just $2billion in the balance. The logical thing for NOI to do is to simply explain what happened, why the discrepancy, or to SHOW that there is no discrepancy. Her saying there is no discrepancy doesn't hold water because it is her word against the word of 36 other people. It's not for her to come and tell the public that she meets with commissioners every month, that was never a debate. The issue was/is that NEC has the authorization for withdrawal of funds, so what or how did funds disappear. She might have a good/valid/concrete reason but she is yet to give that reason so far. FAAC does not authorize ECA funds.
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by Oseite: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
shadelek:
except that you gave GEJ wrong advice to remove fuel subsidy.
It was not wrong advice. We need to remove fuel subsidy. The only problem is that they may have gone about it the wrong way.
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by djgbedu: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Autolord:
Impeach buhari before its too late. 1 Million Nigerians will march to Aso Rock if this continues. And if he dares kill one Nigerian, what happened in Libya and egypt will happen in Nigeria. Remember the presidents of those countries were either killed or sentenced to death. Buhari be guided and resign honorably.

he should start by retrieving the money stolen by the abacha's family, IBB, atiku, obj, amaechi, abdulsalam etc.
oga TANoid allowance don end na even if dem impeach buhari na still osibanjo aka tinubu's commisioner dem go make presido haba!! grin
Autolord:
Impeach buhari before its too late. 1 Million Nigerians will march to Aso Rock if this continues. And if he dares kill one Nigerian, what happened in Libya and egypt will happen in Nigeria. Remember the presidents of those countries were either killed or sentenced to death. Buhari be guided and resign honorably.

he should start by retrieving the money stolen by the abacha's family, IBB, atiku, obj, amaechi, abdulsalam etc.
oga TANoid allowance don end na even if dem impeach buhari na still osibanjo aka tinubu's commisioner dem go make presido haba!!
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by shadelek(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oseite:

It was not wrong advice. We need to remove fuel subsidy. The only problem is that they may have gone about it the wrong way.
But it was done to exploit we the masses n the money realised was embezzled right?
Re: Iweala Replies Oshiomhole, El-rufai; Denies Spending Oil Money Without Approval by shadelek(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Amanwulu1:
are u a baby? Ur friends in subsidy removal protest 've all left u behind, pls catch up wit dem.
If you have nothing reasonable to say to this, shut up your stinking mouth. Quote me again and you ll loose your right thumb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sunusi Apologizes To Ganduje - 5 Northern Governors Beg On His Behalf / 2023: Why Nigeria Needs Me - Tinubu / Army Refuses To Reinstate Colonel Auwal Suleiman Who Arrested 377 Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.