Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? (43168 Views)

El-rufai: Some Jonathan Appointees Were Replaced After My Memo / I Can Help You Discipline Your ‘powerful’ Appointees, Fayose Tells Buhari / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by M4gunners: 3:53am On Jul 01, 2015
Wayo man dey laugh everybody just dey laugh eeh yeh.Why una dey happi nobody care to know eeh yeh.Eeh ye Baba na player baba na wa.They want to turn nigeria to naijahausa.
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:58am On Jul 01, 2015
Beremx:
Before you start to cry foul and play the victim card,he will surely appoint Igbos in his cabinet.

Coolu down biko!

Yes of course, the constitution requires that he appoints ministers from every state of the Federation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Maser: 4:00am On Jul 01, 2015
How does the origin of his appointees affect the fortunes of Nigerians. Don't care where they come from. If they like let them all come from one village in the North, I don't care as long as they perform. Time has come for us Nigerians to eschew sentiments and go for real stuff. Better to have a stranger who will develop my village than a brother who will know only his pocket and that of his family. Ask Bayelsa and Rivers people!
If Buhari builds infrastructure and develops their place for them today isn't it better than their son GEJ being there. People should stop being childish and little minded.

11 Likes

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by deflover(m): 4:15am On Jul 01, 2015
Maser:
How does the origin of his appointees affect the fortunes of Nigerians. Don't care where they come from. If they like let them all come from one village in the North, I don't care as long as they perform. Time has come for us Nigerians to eschew sentiments and go for real stuff. Better to have a stranger who will develop my village than a brother who will know only his pocket and that of his family. Ask Bayelsa and Rivers people!
If Buhari builds infrastructure and develops their place for them today isn't it better than their son GEJ being there. People should stop being childish and little minded.
look son remember you were asking for the definition of a fool..I just found one

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Xyg12: 4:35am On Jul 01, 2015
Beremx:
Before you start to cry foul and play the victim card,he will surely appoint Igbos in his cabinet.

Coolu down biko!

To head what? May be one irrelevant position.
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Xyg12: 4:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Maser:

Federal character

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Beremx(f): 5:40am On Jul 01, 2015
owobokiri:

Nobody is playing the victim card. What buhari is doing will surely come to hunt this country. How many ethnic groups are in Nigeria? How many regions? How many states? So how come his minority fulani is dominating ALLL his initial appointments? Is this 'change' for fulani or 'change' for Nigeria? Buhari has always been a very parochial tribal minded individual, most probably the most sectionally minded leader that will run this country post 99. There is no gainsaying the fact that there will be a recognisable drop in brazen corrupt practices under his watch, just as I know he will produce infastructural results. But take it or leave it, it will be mostly for his north, just as was the case during his PTF days, it is very wrong and is an avoidable blunder that can bring back the militant days. Saturating officialdom with their ethnic henchemen has been the case with northern rulers post 1970. Does it mean that we exist in this country just for the north?
your post clearly indicates you're playing the victim card. Buhari is yet to name his ministers and SA. Why not coolu down ans wait first before crying foul eh?

2 Likes

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 01, 2015
Ikengawo:
His first administration was the most regionally and ethnically (Hausa-Fulani) bias in the history of Nigeria. I know many are ready to defend Buhari at the expense of their dignity and their life so please permit me to ask..
Has buhari appointed a single non-northerner?

Well, the appointments he has made are not very important (INEC chair is acting...and something tells me she would be out of the job the minute they start nominating ministers). Plus...he has not yet removed the Security chiefs....and he has not yet appointed Ministers.

I hate tribalism....but it is too early to see any ''tribal pattern'' here....yet.

As it stands all his appointees to date have been from the north. The only states he has yet to visit Northern. He has visited Kanuri Chad and Hausa Niger. I know Buhari has defenders so I'm asking them for answers.

Yes...he visited Niger and Chad(and BTW...Chad is not a Kanuri country.....it has several other tribes....including a large Christian and animist population in its south. The Kanuris are not even in the majority.) because of the Boko Hram issue...which affects those countries.....thus he needed to hit the ground running there....especially as APC told us how they would deal well well with Boko when they were campaigning.

In my opinion.....I have stopped caring for tribe. Nigeria's problems are not because of tribe per se (although it is part of it).Nigeria's problems arise because since independence, our economy has been dependent on sale of our raw materials to foreign countries. We then use the money.....for sharing (Big mistake). Sharing the money bring s competition....which aggravates splits among tribes and religious lines....and which leads to arguments over which tribe gets which post....and which leads to people defending the indefensible.

The issue here is that Nigeria has to stop sharing money....and has to embrace true development (And yes....my issue with resource control is that it just amounts to another argument about how we share the money). No....Nigerian states have to do the job they were created for....use their available resources to create innovative industrial societies...which would reduce their dependence on oil money...and which would eventually end the sharing mentality. Tribalism will have no place in this society...because if you employ people on tribe...things will go south...and you will lose money.

If you Nigerians could focus on that....all of you....instead of doing all this share oil money economics....that leads to more crisis ....then things would be much better for all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by banki(m): 6:04am On Jul 01, 2015
owobokiri:

Nobody is playing the victim card. What buhari is doing will surely come to hunt this country. How many ethnic groups are in Nigeria? How many regions? How many states? So how come his minority fulani is dominating ALLL his initial appointments? Is this 'change' for fulani or 'change' for Nigeria? Buhari has always been a very parochial tribal minded individual, most probably the most sectionally minded leader that will run this country post 99. There is no gainsaying the fact that there will be a recognisable drop in brazen corrupt practices under his watch, just as I know he will produce infastructural results. But take it or leave it, it will be mostly for his north, just as was the case during his PTF days, it is very wrong and is an avoidable blunder that can bring back the militant days. Saturating officialdom with their ethnic henchemen has been the case with northern rulers post 1970. Does it mean that we exist in this country just for the north?

I remember he appointed prof Dora Akunyili, when he was at PTF sm sure according to your statement above she was a northerner...

3 Likes

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by owobokiri(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2015
Beremx:
your post clearly indicates you're playing the victim card. Buhari is yet to name his ministers and SA. Why not coolu down ans wait first before crying foul eh?

Ana esí n'isi áhìrì were mara ùtó nsī . .(hope you are not taking your breakfast) . Make we 'coooluu temper' nù, but the buhari I know won't chane course. .
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by cheruv: 7:03am On Jul 01, 2015
owobokiri:

Biko juoram berem oo shocked

1 Like

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Truckpusher(m): 7:16am On Jul 01, 2015
Ikengawo:
His first administration was the most regionally and ethnically (Hausa-Fulani) bias in the history of Nigeria. I know many are ready to defend Buhari at the expense of their dignity and their life so please permit me to ask..

Has buhari appointed a single non-northerner?

As it stands all his appointees to date have been from the north. The only states he has yet to visit Northern. He has visited Kanuri Chad and Hausa Niger. I know Buhari has defenders so I'm asking them for answers.
Welcome to the Government of the Fulanis and for the Fulanis and their willing tools that would definitely get their fare share of their crumbs.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Beremx(f): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2015
owobokiri:

Ana esí n'isi áhìrì were mara ùtó nsī . .(hope you are not taking your breakfast) . Make we 'coooluu temper' nù, but the buhari I know won't chane course. .
taking breakfast this early? Nwanne,I am not a glutton oh? grin grin

Good morning to you.

1 Like

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by SUBMARINE: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2015
Confusion has set in

By the time he appoints a lopsided ministers, even his Slaves down South will shout conspiracy

NIGERIANS SAY AFTER ME

PRAY NOT TO BE AS CONFUSED AS BUHARI
grin

grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by SUBMARINE: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Atlantian:
I feel that the SWesterners are silently uncomfortable with their alliance with the North. Silently and shamefully seeing their failure, but too proud to admit and ally with the SS/SE Ideology. One thing is sure, we will live with the painful mistake of voting for a tribalistic and a religious bigot. We saw all the signs but we chose to mortgage our future siimply because they hated Jonathan.

We shall see.

SW shall see the consequence of being........

As for we SS/SE will won and proved to the SW people that they are educated but not wise. cool

3 Likes

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by owobokiri(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well, the appointments he has made are not very important (INEC chair is acting...and something tells me she would be out of the job the minute they start nominating ministers). Plus...he has not yet removed the Security chiefs....and he has not yet appointed Ministers.

I hate tribalism....but it is too early to see any ''tribal pattern'' here....yet.

Yes...he visited Niger and Chad(and BTW...Chad is not a Kanuri country.....it has several other tribes....including a large Christian and animist population in its south. The Kanuris are not even in the majority.) because of the Boko Hram issue...which affects those countries.....thus he needed to hit the ground running there....especially as APC told us how they would deal well well with Boko when they were campaigning.

In my opinion.....I have stopped caring for tribe. Nigeria's problems are not because of tribe per se (although it is part of it).Nigeria's problems arise because since independence, our economy has been dependent on sale of our raw materials to foreign countries. We then use the money.....for sharing (Big mistake). Sharing the money bring s competition....which aggravates splits among tribes and religious lines....and which leads to arguments over which tribe gets which post....and which leads to people defending the indefensible.

The issue here is that Nigeria has to stop sharing money....and has to embrace true development (And yes....my issue with resource control is that it just amounts to another argument about how we share the money). No....Nigerian states have to do the job they were created for....use their available resources to create innovative industrial societies...which would reduce their dependence on oil money...and which would eventually end the sharing mentality. Tribalism will have no place in this society...because if you employ people on tribe...things will go south...and you will lose money.

If you Nigerians could focus on that....all of you....instead of doing all this share oil money economics....that leads to more crisis ....then things would be much better for all.

Wrong diagnosis my dear doc,

It is all about tribe/alism. I mean Nigerias problems. The motivating factors behind the uncanny desperation to share every earning in sight is driven in the main by the arch-demon named Tribalism. The unimagenable level of acute kleptomania that is witnessed across board in this country but mainly driven from the center, arose as a fallout of the "come and chop" ideology introduced in the politics of this country post 1970. Even the issue being discussed, which is nothing but nepotism, encourages looting and wayward scrambling for government resources in the defence of subtle ethnic agenda, and as such is driven by raw tribalism. It is very straightfoward;tribalism is the host parasite that gives birth to other parasitic tendencies smongst Nigerias politicians. For you to make an effective prescription on this, you just have to get the diagnosis right.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2015
dayo23:
So it was fashola fault that ur clueless man just decided to wake up one morning and remove subsidy increasing the pump price of PMS with due information to the citizens? Beside I was refering to the promises he made to the good people of south west when we voted him in 2011, he didn't do a single thing for us even his appointments no yorubaman dey better positions.
Actually, it was Fashola and other 35 Govs that advised him in 2011 to remove the fuel subsidy. It was hypocritical for same Govs to do a 360

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Welcome to the Government of the Fulanis and for the Fulanis and their willing tools that would definitely get their fare share of their crumbs.
Bro how far? Are we practicing Fulanitocracy? Good morning I didn't see yur reply o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Truckpusher(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
Bro how far? Are we practicing Fulanitocracy? Good morning I didn't see yur reply o
Morning bro, I was completely out yesterday after the day's activities.

9 am we can talk on phone,is that ok by you?
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by san316(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2015
Now it is regionalism. at first it was religion. na wah for una ooooh.
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Morning bro, I was completely out yesterday after the day's activities.

9 am we can talk on phone,is that ok by you?
I you are very fine? Yeah....9am is very okay by me.
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Truckpusher(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
I hope you are very fine? Yeah....9am is very okay by me.
Yeah, I'm fine .

We have a deal then, while we enjoy our Fulanitocracy. grin cheesy
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Pita99(m): 8:02am On Jul 01, 2015
Buchukwu:
And will appointing non-northerner change the standard of living of people from those areas? Or will it make naira gain value against dollar? Maaaaad People
It will give them sens of belonging and confidence in him.
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 01, 2015
. . . . . . . . . . . .before I give my nasty response to this useless thread, I will like the OP to post a list of all the appointments Buhari has made clearly indicating if the appointments were made based on (a) confirmed appointments and (b) acting capacity . . . . . . . . . . . . . .the OP also has to state if the most senior person was given the post in acting capacity or not and if not, who was bypassed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .as for the goons shouting 'government for the Fulani by the Fulani, those imps should also post a list of all the appointments clearly stating those who are Fulani . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I am waiting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by smartigo: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:

. Half bread is better than nothing. grin ;Don't u think so? grin
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Truckpusher(m): 8:13am On Jul 01, 2015
smartigo:

. Half bread is better than nothing. grin ;Don't u think so? grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Yeah, I'm fine .

We have a deal then, while we enjoy our Fulanitocracy. grin cheesy
haha...na one eye I de look Baba. The man be like him no send anybody
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Truckpusher(m): 8:18am On Jul 01, 2015
barcanista:
haha...na one eye I de look Baba. The man be like him no send anybody
Na him body go tell am. grin
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by smartigo: 8:20am On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin grin
In fact, I don like u. Let's enjoy it all while it lasts.
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Na him body go tell am. grin
The worse is that the political jobbers around him are making him believe all is well and acceptable
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Truckpusher(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2015
smartigo:

In fact, I don like u. Let's enjoy it all while it lasts.
Was I begging you to like me ?

You must be insane menh.... angry
Re: Can We Identify Any Non-northern Buhari Appointees? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2015
Buchukwu:
And will appointing non-northerner change the standard of living of people from those areas? Or will it make naira gain value against dollar? Maaaaad People

So in a country with six geopolitical zones n over 400 ethnic groups should be ruled on by Hausa n Fulani abi

Ur a chronic fake fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor El-rufai Arrives Kaduna In Style After His Short Holiday / Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno / Tinubu Visits Nigerian Troops In Guinea-bissau Reassures Desire For Global Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.