Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? (16519 Views)

Poll: Can Nigeria afford an Ibo President?

Yes: 73% (41 votes)
No: 26% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Capable Of Been The Igbo President Of 2019? / Ali Bongo The Igbo President In Gabon The Real Photo / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Working On APC Producing Second Igbo President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Ibime(m): 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2009
Nna biko, allow me to express like sentiment with my brothers above.

All this envy just make us proud to be umu Igbo.

They don't know the caliber of people they're dealing with.

Kedu ihe umu Igbo mere ndi Nigeria?

grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Lagosboy: 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2009
St.Funmi:

I wonder oh. Haven't you noticed that too?. It's Igbo this or igbo that everyday we come here. Even threads that are not concerned to igbos, someone must find a way to tie them to it and let others roll their take. It also prevents us from discussing our own problems because all eyes is on igbo.

honestly i dey feel you,people just dig out unneccassary anomosity towards the igbo nation, if they have issues with Biafra Ojukwu is still alive let them go hammer him not the entire igbo nation !!
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by BigB11(m): 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2009
How do you expect this nation to move forward when folks (mostly kids) find it difficult to respect and embrace each other?
What exactly could one benefit from this dull topic?
One step forward and sixty steps backward; it's very very sad to witness bunch of numskull Nigerians in action.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by StFunmi(f): 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2009
Nna biko, allow me to express like sentiment with my brothers above.

All this envy just make us proud to be umu Igbo.

They don't know the caliber of people they're dealing with.

Kedu ihe umu Igbo mere ndi Nigeria?
When did you become igbo?. I thought you are yoruba ijaw according to Becomerich?. i hope you know these igbo  haters lump you together so, if their hatred become practical anyday, they'll massacre igbo and Niger deltan together because they can't differentiate who is who among you. grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by onyengbu1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2009
st funmi if you ask me to name the nairaland igbo haters, you are number 2 grin

Lagosboy:

honestly i dey feel you,people just dig out unneccassary anomosity towards the igbo nation, if they have issues with Biafra Ojukwu is still alive let them go hammer him not the entire igbo nation !!

@ lagosboy,
shes not towing the same line with you. what she really meant was that igbo people like to tie posts (like this one) that are unconcerned to igbos to themselves.

What an occupational igbo hater i will say.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by deb(m): 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2009
The topic of the thread says "Nigeria Cannot Afford An Ibo President"
I will say Yes and No.

Yes! because Igbos have not produced anyone that can be trusted enough. Its not as if Yourbas and Hausas are saint o
       Its just that Nigerians can sleep with their two eyes and be sure that there will not be any extreme monopoly

And I will say a

No!  because if a truly detribalized Igbo nationalist who has concrete and sellable vision for Nigeria show face today, with time
he will get the needed recognition and will become president someday. Then it will be like Obama.

I look forward to the day all Nigerians will put aside their ethnic differences and vote for a true man of Vision.
However, our biggest problem in this nation is misplaced values and priority. Money is now exhaulted above great character
but there is hope because a new generation of Nigerians are emerging daily who have made up their minds never to be
compromised by the mediocre lifestyle, values and character that abound in the majority of other Nigerians.
For the sake of our children yet unborn, let us be mindful of the seed we sow. Nigeria will be great and we will be patriotic again
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2009
Lagosboy:

Are you sure that nigerians have issues with Ojukwu; the same nigerians that troop out to hail him whenever he travels to other part of nigeria?

Nigerians secretly love this man. They know they love him.

Big B1:

How do you expect this nation to move forward when folks (mostly kids) find it difficult to respect and embrace each other?
What exactly could one benefit from this dull topic?
One step forward and sixty steps backward; it's very very sad to witness bunch of numskull Nigerians in action.

This man, so you still dey around ehn?

Anyway, this is not a dull topic oo, in fact, it is the kind of topic nigeria needs now.
It will help people offload their anger, hatred and propaganda for the Igbos, then after that, we all will decide if being together is worth it.

Topics like this would have helped in healing and setting nigeria on the right part or let people jejely find their way long time ago.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2009
deb:

I will say Yes and No.

Yes! because Igbos have not produced anyone that can be trusted enough. Its not as if Yourbas and Hausas are saint o
       Its just that Nigerians can sleep with their two eyes and be sure that there will not be any extreme monopoly

And I will say a

No!  because if a truly detribalized Igbo nationalist who has concrete and sellable vision for Nigeria show face today, with time
he will get the needed recognition and will become president someday. Then it will be like Obama.

I look forward to the day all Nigerians will put aside their ethnic differences and vote for a true man of Vision.
However, our biggest problem in this nation is misplaced values and priority. Money is now exhaulted above great character
but there is hope because a new generation of Nigerians are emerging daily who have made up their minds never to be
compromised by the mediocre lifestyle, values and character that abound in the majority of other Nigerians.
For the sake of our children yet unborn, let us be mindful of the seed we sow. Nigeria will be great and we will be patriotic again

Hypocrisy at its peak. cheesy
Spit the whole of your mind out and have peace like the OP.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by asha80(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2009
@nuzo

grin cheesy grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2009

Nigeria Cannot Afford An Ibo President

I have been itching to ask WHY Nigeria can't elect an Ibo President.
What are the reasons??
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by asha80(m): 4:59pm On Mar 03, 2009
Sauron is the last person i expect to ask why an igbo person should not be elected a president in nigeria. grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Ibime(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have been itching to ask WHY Nigeria can't elect an Ibo President.
What are the reasons??

The same reason they can't elect an Ijaw president - cos we will stash the guns in the South and launch rocket attack on all y'all  grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by onyengbu1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2009
deb:

I will say Yes and No.

And I will say a

Another classical hating pretender. See how he closed his rantings with some of em camouflaging statements that they intend to hide their hatred.

If you cant see any 'detribalized igbo nationalist who has concrete and sellable vision' in the current Nigerian political structure then you might never see one again.

Why are you guys even afraid of igbo monopoly? I thought one needs to be clever, shrewd and hardworking to achieve monopoly in a society as diverse as that of Nigeria?

Dont tell me that most of you guys in the west and north are just too dumb to reason sharply like the igbos hence the fear of Igbo monopoly.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by asha80(m): 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2009
No! because if a[b] truly detribalized Igbo nationalist[/b] who has concrete and sellable vision for Nigeria show face today, with time

Nigerians will neve seem to amaze grin.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by ScanLess: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2009
Billymumu

i was wondering where u were hiding since last year.look i'm goin to preserve this your post in my archive, and whenever i am feeling down or depressed i'll bring it out and have a good laff  grin

just check this out

[quote ]
With regard to the Ibo's the situation is different. The average Nigerians is distrustful and suspicious of the Ibo's. In comparison to their population , the Ibo's control more than 70% of Nigeria economy. From the shore of Atlantic ocean in Lagos to the Sahara in Kano, the Ibo's completely controls the local trading economy. From the biggest cities to the smallest village, Ibo's are Lord of trading, using monopoly  and various unconventional business practices to dominate the market.
[/quote]

o na ewe gi iwe ?, kindly jump into the atlantic grin

[quote]
Meanwhile you cannot find a single non-Ibo shop in Ariaria Market at Aba , nor Onitsha market; this is true for all the Ibo state. The Ibo's refuse all non-Ibo tribe to have access to their market, while at the same time dominating the entire market in Nigeria without exception. Are the Ibo's the only people who knows how to trade? Any attempt by other Nigerians to open a shop near an Ibo shop is frustrated through various nefarious activities.

LOL !, they are simply not strong enuff !!! grin and they lack the power of penetration, he he heh !!!

An average Ibo man is better off financially than any other Nigerian.  

I tot U NDs are sitting on the treasure base of the nation, yet we Igbos are finacially better grin, maybe U guys are cursed !!, he ehe he he!!!. there is a passage in the Bible that says "he who rewards good with evil, evil shall never depart from his house". remember how U NDs sabotaged Biafra ?

We cannot entrust our presidency with an Ibo man. There is every likelihood that he his going to completely dominate and manipulate our oil revenue to the exclusion of all other Nigerians, just like hi his presently doing in the Nigeria markets.

9ja is sick nation, living on borrowed time, to hell with your presidency, BIAFRA SHALL RISE AGAIN!

The Nigerian presidency is not by vote , its by negotiation.

no 1 undemocratic state of the world, thats why , you NDs will continue to suffer forever, he ehe hee heh!!!!

E jighi eyo acho ihe agba n'aka

I na ata abacha ,na aro akpu anya, why are you trying twang in my language ?, the same language you hate , you are a loser for life tongue tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Ibime(m): 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2009
QuotaSystem is back with a vengeance! grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by youngies(m): 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2009
grin  grin Ibime, Quotasystem may be right now  grin

But seriously speaking, the hatered and envy that many Nigerians have for the Igbos is mind boggling, and I think that is what spurs on the Igbos

@Becomerich's aerial images may be needed here
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by asha80(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2009
@Becomerich's aerial images may be needed here

grin cheesy grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Looklike2: 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2009
This poster most be from the north, who is trying to stop igbo in 2011.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2009
Looklike2:

This poster most be from the north, who is trying to stop igbo in 2011.

Far from it. . . . we know where he's from.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2009
If mouth fit kill person, igbo people for don dey extinct long ago.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Abagworo(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2009
@poster.you seem to be one of those untravelled people.if you have ever travelled from ph to enugu you wouldnt think only igbos trade in the south-east.inside ariaria there is an area almost only yoruba is spoken.i dont know about onitsha though.as for the presidency, i foresee rivers current governor as the 1st ikwerre president nigeria will have.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by CrudeOil2(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2009
Crazy posters.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Sauron1: 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2009
asha 80:

Sauron is the last person i expect to ask why an igbo person should not be elected a president in nigeria. grin

Why??
I don't know everything about Nigeria.
There must be a reason why Igbo candidates are kept at bay.

Ibime:

The same reason they can't elect an Ijaw president - cos we will stash the guns in the South and launch rocket attack on all y'all  grin

Ijaw President?? You are pushing your luck too far!!!
Let's satisfy the major tribes before the minority groups. grin cheesy
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by youngies(m): 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ijaw President?? You are pushing your luck too far!!!
Let's satisfy the major tribes before the minority groups. grin cheesy
More like let the major tribes complete their plundering before the minority tribes could venture
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Hotstepper(f): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2009
is Nigeria/Nigerians scared of a president from a hardworking ethnic group? tongue
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Becomrrich: 7:14pm On Mar 03, 2009
An igboman man can be president, but with what we see from satellite, alot need to be done, but the problem with igbo is that they do not understand that the only way that can happen is if the Yorubas and bendle and bayelsa (remove Jonathan from the race) are pushed to the Republic of Benin. They do not understand that  politics is a game. And this is the way the game of politics with be on thier side.

And over and over again I have tried to show the Igbo the best method for them.
All they need to make their dream of president come to past is easy. Support a bill to remove the Yorubas, bendle and bayelsa out of Nigeria.

The constitution of Nigeria requires 1/3 of the total number of assembly men to do that.
109 senators and 360 reps.  = 469 .  now divide by 3  give , 157.

So we need 157 member to make the igbo dream to become president of Nigeria possible.

Lagos       29
Ogun       16
Kogi         12 ( including Igala area)
Bayelsa    8
Kwara     9
Oyo        17
Osun      13
Ekiti        9
Ondo      12
Edo         12
Delta      13
Total      150

If we have rivers state 16   or  benue  state 14 or niger state 12

I am 90% sure Benue state would vote to join republic of Benue.( Major Orkar was from benue state)   And 65% sure  rivers state  would decide to join benin republic. There are enough member from river state that would vote yes to allow ijaw rivers  to join.

This is all the igbos need to do to become president of nigeria, they should  support the move to remove.

And we are trying to help the igbos and they just need to support a move to make an igboman replace president Yar adua.  Igbo have many men that can replace Yar adua like Senator Ike ,  Chief  Ojo, Orji Kalu and many more. All the need to do is support the move. And the north have no other option than to hand over to an igboman after President Yar adua. If they refuse, I can not see a  way any igboman can be president. They may have to wait till 2047 to be president.

enugu state satellite picture. you would see that most part of enugu state have erosion problem. so it is difficult to build a house.

so the so call equity in zone is nonsense. it is not possible. and where are you

[img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1995/enugu5.jpg][/img]
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Sauron1: 7:19pm On Mar 03, 2009
Becomrich. . . . .Can you fucking stop spamming threads with maps??
U can express yourself without those horrible maps.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeez. . . . .Do maps give you orgasms?? grin grin
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by Becomrrich: 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2009
And here are the list of men that we need. we need 6 or 7  of them to vote yes, to make it happen. we have 24 on the list. we should be able to get 7 of them. who say it is not possible is a lier. there are up to 7 ijaw men on this list and more than 7 tiv men on the list(orkar is Tiv)

Sen. David Mark
State: Benue, Constituency: Benue South
Party: People's Democratic Party ( PDP )

Sen. George Akume
State: Benue, Constituency: Benue North West

Sen. Joseph I. kaagerger
State: Benue, Constituency: Benue North East
Party: People's Democratic Party

Hon. Asita Honourable O
State: Rivers, Constituency: Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni/Ahoada West

Sen. George Thompson Sekibo
State: Rivers, Constituency: Rivers East

Sen. Lee Meaba
State: Rivers, Constituency: Rivers South East

Sen. Wilson Asinobi Ake
State: Rivers, Constituency: Rivers West

Hon. Berewari Christopher
State: Rivers, Constituency: Opobo/Nkoro/Andoni

Hon. Betty A. Apiafi
State: Rivers, Constituency: Ahoada East/Abua/Odual

Hon. Adikpe Agbonu A
State: Benue, Constituency: Obi/Oju

Hon. Agidani Solomon
State: Benue, Constituency: Apa/Agatu

Hon. Chile Igbawua W.
State: Benue, Constituency: Kwande/Ushongo

Hon. Demnege Alaaga
State: Benue, Constituency: Gwer East/Gwer West

Hon. Emmanuel Jime
State: Benue, Constituency: Makurdi/Guma

Hon. Emmanuel Yisa O. Jev
State: Benue, Constituency: Buruku

Hon. Idoko Onobi
State: Benue, Constituency: Ado/Ogbadibo/Okpokwu

Hon. Iho David Mzenda
State: Benue, Constituency: Katsina Ala/Logo/Ukum

Hon. Iorwase Herman C. H.
State: Benue, Constituency: Konshisha/Vandekiya

Hon. Nelson G. O. Alapa
State: Benue, Constituency: Ohimini/Otukpo
Party: All Nigeria Peoples Party ( ANPP )

Hon. Tsegba Terngu
State: Benue, Constituency: Gboko/Tarka

Hon. Daemi Kunaiyi Akpanaha
State: Rivers, Constituency: Akukutoru/Asaritoru Federal Constituency

Hon. Deeyah Nwiika
State: Rivers, Constituency: Gokana/Khana

Hon. John Kalipa
State: Rivers, Constituency: Okrika/Ogu/Bolo

Hon. Sokonte H. Davies
State: Rivers, Constituency: Degema/Bonny
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by bilymuse: 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2009
c33b33
deco2come
ud4u
nuzo
Bialegend
Ibime
onye ngbu
scanless
Afam4ever
Crude oil

All of you are shameless hypocrite and I am disappointed about your comment. Non of you has quoted a single sentence that I wrote and claim its a lie. Every single Nigerians knows every words in that write up is a fact. Why am I been castigated for stating the obvious.

On this forum must Ibo people pretend as if they are the victim, but in actual fact they are the perpetrators. The rest of Nigeria are a victim of a ruthless Ibo mafia whose sole agenda is economy domination , while eliminating any opposition. How can people who formed less than 30% of Nigerian population be dominating our entire country economy. Nigeria presidency is by negotiation and a trade off. The Ibo cannot dominate the market and at the same time have the presidency. You cannot eat your cake and have it.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by blackspade(m): 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2009
billymuse, instead of being so obsessed about the success of Igbos, why don't you log off of the internet, and do something for yourself?

Ask yourself, what's the whole purpose of this? The only thing I see from this thread is crying, whining, and more whining. Get a life, and stop obsessing.
Re: Can Nigeria Afford an Igbo President? by asha80(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2009
c33b33
deco2come
ud4u
nuzo
Bialegend
Ibime
onye ngbu
scanless
Afam4ever
Crude oil

All of you are shameless hypocrite and I am disappointed about your comment. Non of you has quoted a single sentence that I wrote and claim its a lie. Every single Nigerians knows every words in that write up is a fact. Why am I been castigated for stating the obvious.

On this forum must Ibo people pretend as if they are the victim, but in actual fact they are the perpetrators. The rest of Nigeria are a victim of a ruthless Ibo mafia whose sole agenda is economy domination , while eliminating any opposition. How can people who formed less than 30% of Nigerian population be dominating our entire country economy. Nigeria presidency is by negotiation and a trade off. The Ibo cannot dominate the market and at the same time have the presidency. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: PDP Wanted To Snatch Edo Like ‘A Market Pickpocket’ / President Buhari Commiserates With U.S President Biden On The Passing Of Powell / Rivers Aircraft: Amaechi Refutes Abandoning State’s Aircraft In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.