Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. (2776 Views)

Glorianna Eghe-Idubor: "If Your Girlfriend Can't Cook For You, Throw Her Away" / Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook / 10 Categories Of People That Can't Do Without Womanizing- By Tosyne2much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2015
Hi guys, there's this girl I met at spa in Port Harcourt, ver beautiful, intelligent and works as an OAP in one of P-town's biggest radio station.
We exchanged contacts and started talking, went out on a couple of dates. We had chemistry, no doubts.

Whenever we visit a restaurant together, she noticed that I don't order for food, I rather take snack, she asked me why and I told her that I don't eat out, that's how we were raised in my family, she then asked how I cope since I'm a bachelor living alone, I told her that I cook my food myself. She then volunteered to host me during the weekend, she wanted to cook for me.

I went to her place on saturday, met her in apron and all grin grin she was cooking, for my mind I be like "omo today go bloodygringrin , after cooking she set the table and asked me to join her, she prepared Egusi soup with bitterleaf, those long ones, that's my favorite I told her, with fufu. As I tasted the soup, I almost choked, too much pepper and too much salt, I looked at her and noticed she was staring at my face looking for reactions, I quickly smiled and commended her effort and complimenting her "cooking skills". The soup was tasteless, the bitterleaf was extremely bitter to worsen the whole scenario, the meat was not properly cooked!

After eating I thanked her for the effort she put into the cooking but didn't mention if I enjoyed the food or not. I really like this girl guys, but I don't play with my stomach, I can't stand a woman that can't cook ordinary egusi soup!
Tell me guys, what's your take on this?
Cc
Lalasticlala.
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by naijaboiy: 7:53am On Jul 02, 2015
Failed mission. grin
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by piicity(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Nibo,she wan make mrbiggs maggi and salt kill me cheesy
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:
Failed mission. grin
Paddy,how?
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by IamLEGEND1: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2015
i'm opinion-less
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by naijaboiy: 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
gregzone:

Paddy,how?
I mean the girl.

But were you really thinking of marrying her? lipsrsealed
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Vyolet(f): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
You can tutor her if she's ready to learn. You like her,then mould her to your taste.
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by funlord(m): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Its a sure sign of a "lack of proper home training"! And even the lord can cook, so sorry biatch find another sucker whose kids you plan on starving!
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 02, 2015
Tell her she doesn't know how to cook in a polite manner,then teach her
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

I mean the girl.

But were you really thinking of marrying her? lipsrsealed

Not at the moment, I just met her. But good cooking is very high on my checklist of a future wife.

funlord:
grin
Its a sure sign of a "lack of proper home training"! And even the lord can cook, so sorry biatch find another sucker whose kids you plan on starving!

grin. Dude you are mean! Lol

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by wordbank(m): 8:15am On Jul 02, 2015
Same issh with me o. I've met lotta girls who devour my meals yet I can't ask them to prepare indomie for the second time, indomie o lol.
Well, dating them ain't no p, but marriage is lost battle.
And na d same spar I met two of such poor cooking skilled lads
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2015
Vyolet:
You can tutor her if she's ready to learn. You like her,then mode her to your taste.

Hmmm. Mould her to my taste.
Slimbeth:
Tell her she doesn't know how to cook in a polite manner,then teach her
How can one politely tell a grown lady that she doesn't know how to cook?
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by wordbank(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2015
funlord:
grin
Oboi u bloody

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2015
Marrying a lady that can't cook go be wahala when una marry oo cheesy....abi na stone you and your pikin go dey chop?? Unless you'd take over the 'cooking' duties...but would you??

She could always learn tho.....even our mothers learnt
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2015
gregzone:

Hmmm. Mould her to my taste.
How can one politely tell a grown lady that she doesn't know how to cook?
For example,when she asked about,you should have told her the problem with the food instead of lieing to her..she would have known she doesnt know how to cook,maybe she is expecting u to tell her..but it depends on the type of person u're dealing with.sum ppl hate correction
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Adaeze003(f): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2015
We all know the answer... no!

But I can bet those "SPA" chicks will still get married w/o "cooking skills"... it's all in the mind...

If cooking is in your checklist then let her go, no need dating someone you won't get married to.

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:
Marrying a lady that can't cook go be wahala when una marry oo cheesy....abi na stone you and your pikin go dey chop?? Unless you'd take over the 'cooking' duties...but would you??

She could always learn tho.....even our mothers learnt
I wouldn't dare, dear. That's an african woman's primary duty, though that doesn't mean I won't cook sometimes, but to take over on a permanent basis I wouldn't.
I remember you, how you dey?
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 02, 2015
gregzone:
I wouldn't dare, dear. That's an african woman's primary duty, though that doesn't mean I won't cook sometimes, but to take over on a permanent basis I wouldn't.
I remember you, how you dey?

Yeah! From our 'akamu' discussion.....I'm very well thank you.... you??
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Slimbeth:
For example,when she asked about,you should have told her the problem with the food instead of lieing to her..she would have known she doesnt know how to cook,maybe she is expecting u to tell her..but it depends on the type of person u're dealing with.sum ppl hate correction
I really appreciated what she did for me that day, she cancelled several appointments which I'm aware of just to sit at home and cook for me that day. So my coming out straight to tell her that I didn't enjoy the food will definitely not go down well with her hence I lied.
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 02, 2015
Adaeze003:
We all know the answer... no!

But I can bet those "SPA" chicks will still get married w/o "cooking skills"... it's all in the mind...

If cooking is in your checklist then let her go, no need dating someone you won't get married to.
True, some men don't mind if a woman can cook or not, different strokes for different folks but in my own case I do. You sabi Spa?
Well,about not dating someone you won't get married to that's an argument for another day. The person you are dating now are you sure you will marry him?
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Captainswag225(m): 9:14am On Jul 02, 2015
yeah why not? Its never too late to learn so if she is willing to learn then the wedding will be on.
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Yeah! From our 'akamu' discussion.....I'm very well thank you.... you??
Lol "Hot akamu" you mean grin
I'm good, still on my mission tho
wink
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 02, 2015
gregzone:
Lol "Hot akamu" you mean grin
I'm good, still on my mission tho
wink

Lool cheesy

Still haven't found one yet? sad
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Adaeze003(f): 9:31am On Jul 02, 2015
gregzone:
True, some men don't mind if a woman can cook or not, different strokes for different folks but in my own case I do. You sabi Spa?
Well,about not dating someone you won't get married to that's an argument for another day. The person you are dating now are you sure you will marry him?

It's not certain, that's for sure. Like who knows tomorrow? But if I don't see the possibility of getting married to him, why on earth will I waste his time and even more importantly my time?

So if cooking is a must for you, y waste her time and yours sef? What ll be the point?

Don't tell me you still do things for "doing sake"
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Dygeasy(m): 9:34am On Jul 02, 2015
If I can cook plus wonderfully well, she has no excuse.
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Dygeasy(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2015
wordbank:
Same issh with me o. I've met lotta girls who devour my meals yet I can't ask them to prepare indomie for the second time, indomie o lol.
Well, dating them ain't no p, but marriage is lost battle.
And na d same spar I met two of such poor cooking skilled lads
Are there some girls marked for dating and some marked for marriage?
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Lilyomi(f): 10:06am On Jul 02, 2015
It may av bn a mistake. Dnt knw but I cook better without pressure or when I won't pls anyone. Let her try anoda dish or two to b sure. To da question, if she is willn to learn, yes! It wl kip her shut sef. Afterall u trained her in cookin
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Onemansquad(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2015
Lilyomi:
It may av bn a mistake. Dnt knw but I cook better without pressure or when I won't pls anyone. Let her try anoda dish or two to b sure. To da question, if she is willn to learn, yes! It wl kip her shut sef. Afterall u trained her in cookin
she cant cook thats it dnt defend her

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by wordbank(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Dygeasy:
Are there some girls marked for dating and some marked for marriage?

Ur list is even truncated, some are marked for chop clean mouth, come n marry, wild n out, biatch please, runs, smallie, mommas, groupies, bendan select etc
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by kay29000(m): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2015
Hmm! I have a strong feeling you are a mummy's boy that have been raised to believe no woman's cooking can be as good as your mom's, so you have raised a very high standards. Abeg, give the girl credit, at least she tried. And I am sure the food wasn't even that bad sef. Chill out...You can teach her how to cook the way you like it.
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:
Lool cheesy

Still haven't found one yet? sad

No one yet o dear. Hey are you a good cook? wink
Re: Guys Can You Date/marry A Girl That Can't Cook. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
gregzone:

No one yet o dear. Hey are you a good cook? wink
Lol yeah! Sometimes cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex In Africa My Experiences And Advise For Travelers - Mark Zola / Am New / Valentine Dick Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.