Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone (33167 Views)

4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade / Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 03, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

take it or leave it.
There are some things iphone can do that android cant and vice versa

and that includes browsing without internet?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by grammarcop(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2015
sonofananimal:

I KNOW SAY YOU REMOVE THAT POST TO AVOID MORE EMBARRASSMENT grin grin
what's up with your signature "women are worse than animals"?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

and that includes browsing without internet?
I use internet but i browse without sub or airtime Data usage for the past 24 hours

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 03, 2015
grammarcop:

what's up with your signature "women are worse than animals"?
COS I HATE NAIJA WOMEN angry
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by apikipiki1(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
Click like if you are using android, share if you using iPhone
Wisdomkosi:
Wisdomkosi:
and the likes have it!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

You are pretty wrong. Your analysis is flawed. What the function of update? iPhone 6 debuted with iOS 8.0 and right now their recent update is 8.4 in between there were 8 or more updates. Apple should have considered it perfect without pushing updates and besides more updates more trouble/betterness of the device. Of course, Apple would surely work on the touch ID to make it more accurate. Users on 5.1.1 talked about the fingerprint being more accurate.

Typing on S6 Edge is so fast and swift without any problems at all and am still on 5.0.2.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge

I never said the update in itself is bad, but the gripe is with the stock OS on a device which promises to have a better finger print sensor, but fails and the user is forced to wait for an update.

If this was the first try by Samsung at implementing the Finger print sensor, I would have given them a pass. This is one of the reason why I didn't upgrade to the Samsung S5 when it was released, but went for the HTC M8. But the finger sensor is still not okay on the S6, a technology iPhone got right as far back as 2013 on the iPhone 5s.

I think you should take the iPhone 6, or even the iPhone 5s for a spin then try to compare the two finger print sensors.

Check https://www.nairaland.com/2423947/9-reasons-why-should-buy#35432986
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 03, 2015
sonofananimal:

E- WETI undecided

GO AND EAT STONE JORR
Beef
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by grammarcop(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2015
sonofananimal:

COS I HATE NAIJA WOMEN angry
I love Nigerian girls, these British girls don't have that odd sense of humour and razz Nigerian girls have
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by slytubadth(m): 11:43am On Jul 03, 2015
kingstylo01:
yea. Thats one reason i love android. No need to go through stress while sharing files. If its BB, story for another day...

BB still rocks!

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

I never said the update in itself is bad, but the gripe is with the stock OS on a device which promises to have a better finger print sensor, but fails and the user is forced to wait for an update.

If this was the first try by Samsung at implementing the Finger print sensor, I would have given them a pass. This is one of the reason why I didn't upgrade to the Samsung S5 when it was released, but went for the HTC M8. But the finger sensor is still not okay on the S6, a technology iPhone got right as far back as 2013 on the iPhone 5s.

I think you should take the iPhone 6, or even the iPhone 5s for a spin then try to compare the two finger print sensors.

Read and re read my comment bro. I don't experience fail on my S6 Edge and the previous versions of finger print scanning tech on Sammy were swipe. This is their first touch enabled finger print version. I said and repeat iPhone 6 has received multiple updates which will def better the fingerprint function and also the tech(finger print)been baked into iOS while on the S6 its not baked into Android but doesn't mean OEM's can't take the adv of the open source ability

Vidoes online showed that the iphone 6 TouchID is 1 second faster than S6 finger print scanner

You should also note
Fingerprint is baked right into iOS but its not on Android
iPhone 6 runs on 8.3(Debuted with 8.0 and 7 updates in between to 8.3) while S6 runs on 5.0.2 (5.1.1 isn't in every market yet)
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 03, 2015
grammarcop:

I love Nigerian girls, these British girls don't have that odd sense of humour and razz Nigerian girls have

WE DON'T CLASSIFIER BRITISH AS HUMAN BEINGS, (COS OF THERE RACIST.

RUSSIA AND GERMANY HAVE VERY GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR, I HAVE A RUSSIA FEMALE FRIEND AND SHE IS DYING TO MEET ME HERE IN NIGERIA
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 03, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

I use internet but i browse without sub or airtime
Data usage for the past 24 hours

Now this is really funny. So tell me what you used in accessing the internet since its not a sub, wifi, data usage et al?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

i laugh fall from palm tree. See another dumb fvck. Do you even know what iCloud means to start with? iPhone users use cloud storage, this is really funny tho. Bro, u will be slapped if u say this on the streets. Do you know the cost of data in Nigeria? You think cloud computing is cheap in Nigeria? How many people have unlimited data plan? Most people that have it are usually workers(0ffice wifi) and the tweakers

Btw Apple has iCloud
Google has Google Drive
Microsoft has one drive

loads of third party apps

Above all the number one cloud computing remains Dropbox. Don't be silly while commenting next time

I don't think dropbox is better than OneDrive. With OneDrive I can edit all my work online with the inbuilt Microsoft office. Plus you get more storage space with OneDrive than dropbox.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

forget that thing bro.
My iphone browses naturally without sub and airtime via high class jail breaking for the past 2 years now and
My datas are on iCloud, almost 7gb of data.
I download movies at will.
Last week alone i used 200gb of data on iphone

see as i open mouth here like mad man ! 200gb ?

so i phone can do free browsing too?

bro, pls explain the concept of jailbreaking to me plsss

i might buy an iphone soon because of u

200gb? ah.. explain please i beg u.

the highest i av used on my android is 5gb

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2015
django1:

I don't think dropbox is better than OneDrive. With OneDrive I can edit all my work online with the inbuilt Microsoft office. Plus you get more storage space with OneDrive than dropbox.

the primary purpose of cloud computing is storage which dropbox does best. Regarding the editing, one box would have an edge cos its own by Microsoft and they own the office packages as well
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by grammarcop(m): 11:54am On Jul 03, 2015
sonofananimal:

WE DON'T CLASSIFIER BRITISH AS HUMAN BEINGS, (COS OF THERE RACIST.

RUSSIA AND GERMANY HAVE VERY GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR, I HAVE A RUSSIA FEMALE FRIEND AND SHE IS DYING TO MEET ME HERE IN NIGERIA
97% are not racists, they just have that "classiness" that is difficult to understand, (except you are one of them anyway) they act so perfect.
I don't need perfect.....

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

Read and re read my comment bro. I don't experience fail on my S6 Edge and the previous versions of finger print scanning tech on Sammy were swipe. This is their first touch enabled finger print version. I said and repeat iPhone 6 has received multiple updates which will def better the fingerprint function and also the tech(finger print)been baked into iOS while on the S6 its not baked into Android but doesn't mean OEM's can't take the adv of the open source ability

Vidoes online showed that the iphone 6 TouchID is 1 second faster than S6 finger print scanner

You should also note
Fingerprint is baked right into iOS but its not on Android
iPhone 6 runs on 8.3(Debuted with 8.0 and 7 updates in between to 8.3) while S6 runs on 5.0.2 (5.1.1 isn't in every market yet)

Its not about the speed Bro, but about the accuracy, why rush a tech into release without testing in pre-prod environment?

Samsung focuses on the number of irrelevant gizmos they can possibly cram into their devices, without prior testing and practicability of such tech. The hover preview, eye scroll that was debuted on the S4 are some of such features that were later discontinued.

In hindsight, I regret switching back to Samsung I should have stuck with the more reliable HTC, can't wait to dump the Samsung S6 as soon as a new HTC comes out in February. But for now, I guess I'm stuck with Samsung till the end of the year.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2015
grammarcop:

97% are not racists, they just have that "classiness" that is difficult to understand, (except you are one of them anyway) they act so perfect.
I don't need perfect.....

YOU MAY BE RIGHT, I HAVE NEVER BEING TO BRITISH, ONLY RUSSIA AND GERMANY
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by johnsonsegxy: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2015
saasala:

Egbon, abeg o... Help me with free browsing, I use infinix hotnote with airtel and mtn sims... Thanks bro.

Mail me here
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

Its not about the speed Bro, but about the accuracy, why rush a tech into release without testing in pre-prod environment?

Samsung focuses on the number of irrelevant gizmos they can possibly cram into their devices, without prior testing and practicability of such tech. The hover preview, eye scroll that was debuted on the S4 are some of such features that were later discontinued.

In hindsight, I regret switching back to Samsung I should have stuck with the more reliable HTC, can't wait to dump the Samsung S6 as soon as a new HTC comes out in February. But for now, I guess I'm stuck with Samsung till the end of the year.

They are both accurate. Do you know what innovation means? Samsung is a company that isn't afraid of trying out new things, some would work while some won't. Apple isn't that kind of a company.

HTC came up with ultra pixel camera thing
HTC introduced the duo camera thing
Sony came up with water resistance et al thing

The function u mentioned earlier discontinued cos it made touchwiz heavy. I wonder why you switched in the first place, you had a bad experience with s3 and s4 and you had good moments with iPhone 6 and m8. You should have bought the M9 or wait for 6S since sammy ain't your thing.

Incase you don't know. The s6 is the current best and fastest phone out there
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by ChildofChukwu(m): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
iOS is light years more advanced than android will ever be!
I use both (iPhone is my main phone, android is just for android dev).
In terms of UI, security, graphics etc, iPhone rules, but in terms of free stuff (apps) I guess android rules there.

For me, iPhone all the way!!! wink

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by fwwins(m): 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
ahsekeena:
To cut the long story short, The fact that you don't have money for iphone doesn't necessarily mean we too should not have money for iphone.

They may never understand

Enjoying ma iPhone 6
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Revolva(m): 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Look iphone is d best ever...I like andriod fones because ofthe diversity. But iphone is exclusive to iphone....and d iphone na computer on ur palm....metal
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by tegak10: 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
braxjay:
well, just so we are clear, there are 2 phones in this world - IPHONE and OTHERS tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
don't hate it when you haven't even used one.
when you have one then tell me why you really hate it.

answer this 1 question haters , Y is it that most the celeb's esp those abroad use Iphone and most recent movies use Iphone and not the OTHERS ?

you just got to love em .... in the world of mobile, iPHONE rules. (i do like android and the competition it poses tho)

And answer this why do Buisness men use bb n d rest of the world use android
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
ChildofChukwu:
iOS is light years more advanced than android will ever be!
I use both (iPhone is my main phone, android is just for android dev).
In terms of UI, security, graphics etc, iPhone rules, but in terms of free stuff (apps) I guess android rules there.

For me, iPhone all the way!!! wink

If truly iOS is light years advanced than android "welcome to 2012" would trend when iPhone 6 debuted and iOS9 wouldn't steal features from Android.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by tegak10: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
oseod:

Sleepless nights ke!!!!
The most valuable company in the world, even more valuable than oil companies...yet they make only phones and laptops.

It only means they are giving the likes samsung and htc sleepless nights
for each phone sold apple makes $500 n also Samsung sells more phones than apple.... But Samsung don't overcharge when selling their phones
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by tegak10: 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
idris4r83:
Tell me 1 thing that a rooted android device can do and a jailbroken iPhone can't do?

Changing of roms
Installing another os
Multiple booting f 2 different Os.. Google multirom
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by scarr: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
tziz:

U dey use fon for upto 10yrs, u wan die for the fon matter abi? Abi na poverty? Abi u pretend not to hear wen newer products rollout to upgrade? Or u probably wanna keep it as family legacy... Na wao bros.
i don read the post before i look d poster....
d guy is just saying, d iPhone can stand d test of time than an android.....u don hear tziz?

BTW BLACKBERRY 10 IS THE BEST MOBILE OS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by scarr: 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

At the emboldened, who told you this fake statement. A phone with 1 gig ram. A phone that doesn't trully multi task. A phone that has no split screen function.
U want to compare an android's 1gig ram to an iPhone's 1gig ram abi
iPhones 1gig ram would perform better dan an android with 2gig ram......take that to the bank grin

Lovechyld101:

I don't. Kno what yastick or benchmark you use in comparing the two but android is way more advance than the Iphone the Iphone 6 plus the highest iphone till date use 1g ram and a dual core. 1.4 processor even the camera is just a mere 8mp doesn't even support java compared to an andriod with 4g ram and octa core 1.6 processor with a 20mp camera but iphones is slightly stable and uses less memory but I will choose an andriod over a iphone any day any time cos of it open source nature.

why all this paper statistics.......a bold5 with 5mp shoots better dan an android with 8mp....you sef take that to the bankk grin.........a higher mp doesnt mean a better pics bro....if u ready bring ur 20mp camera to compete my Q10 8mp na...
if an iPhone with 1 gig and dual core can perform without lag den imagine what would happen when that same iPhone has 4gig ram on octa core.....realtime performance no be for paper
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
scarr:

U want to compare an android's 1gig ram to an iPhone's 1gig ram abi
iPhones 1gig ram would perform better dan an android with 2gig ram......take that to the bank grin

Android is ram hungry no doubt but if u read well my comment negated his while comparing 1 GB ram device to a comp besides android truly multi tasks hence it's more ram usage just like comps. Let's see if iPhone 6s would also be 1GB ram since it's enough
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by tegak10: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
And yet iPhone has no unique feature
Speed - windows phone is faster
Security bb is more secure Camera s6 LG g4 xperia z3+ n note 4 before u see iPhone 6 Apps- android has more
Even Steve Jobs didn't use his iPhone he used bb Price- s6 edge 64gb costs more to manufacture than iPhone 6+ 128gb So iPhone users what is so special about your phone...
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by MrBasketball: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Always android.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms / Get FREE Whatsapp MB On Your Airtel Sim

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63