Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone (33152 Views)

4 Smartphones You Should Buy If You Want To Upgrade / Why you should buy A 5000mAh Battery Phone / 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Iphone Instead Of An Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

hehe deluded girls like you keeping have falling for this . Dem don use iPhone fvck una thinking its the most expensive phone and owning it means you are a big boy grin grin.. Lemme tell you something this morning, iPhone is an overpriced mid ranger. Meanwhile do you know the prices of BB Porch, Samsung S6 and S6 Edge, HTC M9, LG G4 et al? The price isn't a thing, its all about choices and priorities. Riding on the most expensive car doesn't mean you are the richest.

Go check out Mark Zukerburg's garage
Go check out Lil Wayne's garage

So why are you now vexing? grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by onatisi(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2015
Hassan080196:
To me, windows phone is the best
this is the bes kept secret grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2015
django1:
Don't worry your android phone will soon run out of storage space, even calculator application it will not download. grin

No basis of comparison, iPhone is the best mobile phone right now. I've been on android for 4years now, started from Galaxy S3, got frustrated withy the over bloated touch wiz, installed a custom cyanogen mod, still had a terrible lagging issue.

Out of frustration I upgraded to Galaxy S4, similar story, the only plus was the battery, the touch screen was not intuitive, always making typography mistakes, I had to upgrade to the HTC M8. The HTC did better overall, battery was top notch, typing was more responsive than the Samsungd.

Out of curiosity, got the iPhone 6, was stunned at the overall speed and user experience, the typing was way better than any of the Androids. Then the Galaxy S6 came out, I felt it naturally should be better than HTC M8, so I upgraded to Galaxy S6.

First impression was nice, the camera was great, the phone was very responsive, but that's the end of the good points. The thumbprint unlock is woeful, you have to place your hand in a particular way to unlock the screen, the brower had this glitch where while scrolling, sometimes it jumps or scroll in the opposite direction, typing was not as smooth as the iPhone, maybe the problem is with the Gorilla glass.

Let's face it, as a guy I hardly use the camera to take selfies and even at that, the iPhone camera is equally great (although the autofocus on the Galaxy S6 is better).

If the primary purpose of getting a powerful smartphone is to keep in touch while away from the computer, a need which requires typing a lot of the time, then the android platform is no match for the iPhone. As an heavy user who sometimes handle business emails on the go, the Iphone best suit the need for a dependable phone. Forget about the config on the android, at the end of the day what matters is the responsiveness and iPhone wins any day anytime.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by kdfemi(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2015
Lovechyld101:

I don't. Kno what yastick or benchmark you use in comparing the two but android is way more advance than the Iphone the Iphone 6 plus the highest iphone till date use 1g ram and a dual core. 1.4 processor even the camera is just a mere 8mp doesn't even support java compared to an andriod with 4g ram and octa core 1.6 processor with a 20mp camera but iphones is slightly stable and uses less memory but I will choose an andriod over a iphone any day any time cos of it open source nature.
the only stuff wonderful abt d iphone and which no android can beat till date is d gud processor even if it is low can still compete with sum high android processor and d os takes a lot of memory but na bb10 I love

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2015
konjivity:
My Android machine can buy your iphone + the airtime in it.

Lol,I'ld love to see u try smiley
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by bigass123(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Ur expensive toy you mean?

ahsekeena:
To cut the long story short, The fact that you don't have money for iphone doesn't necessarily mean we too should not have money for iphone.
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by keandre: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2015
ANDROID-TWEAKING, WHICH TIME I SUB LAST SEF
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by SilentCrescendo: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

What term would be used when a test message code crashes you out of your message inbox?
Since you know all phone lags why condemn droids to be laggy phone and iphone lag free?

Have you used any iPhone/iPad/iWhatever before?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2015
grammarcop:

iOS users mostly don't use internal storage, the iCloud is there for you, a feature which Android doesn't have

i laugh fall from palm tree. See another dumb fvck. Do you even know what iCloud means to start with? iPhone users use cloud storage, this is really funny tho. Bro, u will be slapped if u say this on the streets. Do you know the cost of data in Nigeria? You think cloud computing is cheap in Nigeria? How many people have unlimited data plan? Most people that have it are usually workers(0ffice wifi) and the tweakers

Btw Apple has iCloud
Google has Google Drive
Microsoft has one drive

loads of third party apps

Above all the number one cloud computing remains Dropbox. Don't be silly while commenting next time

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by mrkings84(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
Click like if you are using android, share if you using iPhone
I use both so which do I click??
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2015
ahsekeena:

So why are you now vexing? grin

not vexed dear. Your point is just pointless
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by kdfemi(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2015
grammarcop:

iOS users mostly don't use internal storage, the iCloud is there for you, a feature which Android doesn't have
so windows have dere own also my BlackBerry has Dropbox integrated to my file manager and dere r lots of cloud storage u can use for android and God knows hw secured dat icloud is nw
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by chccho(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2015
IPhone is crapshit, what kinda phone doesn't have Bluetooth or do media sharing...expensive n useless iphone
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by bigass123(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2015
Scam buruku.....

Nigerians scamming fellow Nigerians since 1902

jamesakinlade40:
adroid over ios?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2015
tmabin:
When you start having battery, charging port, virus problems then you know that Iphone isn't just a phone but a solution.

I have used both and i tell you, an Iphone will serve you for more than 10years whereas an Android would give you 4 or more different problems within the space of 10 years.

Several other issues to name but a few, but the Yoruba people say "agba to l'omi 'nu, ki'n pa 'riwo".... Translated; "a valued container with good content doesn't make noise"

Apple rules!!!

MENN, YOUR OWN POVERTY NA INHERIT YOU INHERIT AM,

SO YOU DEY USE PHONE FOR 10YRSundecided

SAID THE WORD WITH ME " POVERTY MUST GO" SAID IT 5 TIMES MOURNING AND EVENING
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2015
SilentCrescendo:

Have you used any iPhone/iPad/iWhatever before?

Yes sire, 4s
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by niceguy7(m): 10:45am On Jul 03, 2015
feran14:

you dont know the truth
Eheeen....for ur mind? undecided
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by 1stola: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2015
segedoo:

Duh!!!
Even you know that the robot needs The Apple to be alive.
Try and smile tho u just shot urself in the foot with your photo! smiley
Must our robot eat your used bitten apple
Many other foods are out there tongue
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

not vexed dear. Your point is just pointless

Eyah....but it is still a point. O tan!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

@ the emboldened some Nigerians are dumb and likes following. Celebs using it isn't a yardstick and besides when they say celebs, they mean American celebs. What phone do you expect them to use?
Samsung, LG(South Korea)
HTC(Taiwan)
Sony(Japan)

They will def use their home grown product which is the iPhone. They should watch Korean movies and check out the phones used in them, its usually Samsung and LG or other local products. No be us here wey we no dey value local products

Lol.... most Nigerians buy iPhone to feel among.. nothing else.... money for one plot of land for agbara I go use am buy phone.... tifiakwa!!!
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by kdfemi(m): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

No basis of comparison, iPhone is the best mobile phone right now. I've been on android for 4years now, started from Galaxy S3, got frustrated withy the over bloated touch wiz, installed a custom cyanogen mod, still had a terrible lagging issue.

Out of frustration I upgraded to Galaxy S4, similar story, the only plus was the battery, the touch screen was not intuitive, always making typography mistakes, I had to upgrade to the HTC M8. The HTC did better overall, battery was top notch, typing was more responsive than the Samsungd.

Out of curiosity, got the iPhone 6, was stunned at the overall speed and user experience, the typing was way better than any of the Androids. Then the Galaxy S6 came out, I felt it naturally should be better than HTC M8, so I upgraded to Galaxy S6.

First impression was nice, the camera was great, the phone was very responsive, but that's the end of the good points. The thumbprint unlock is woeful, you have to place your hand in a particular way to unlock the screen, the brower had this glitch where while scrolling, sometimes it jumps or scroll in the opposite direction, typing was not as smooth as the iPhone, maybe the problem is with the Gorilla glass.

Let's face it, as a guy I hardly use the camera to take selfies and even at that, the iPhone camera is equally great (although the autofocus on the Galaxy S6 is better).

If the primary purpose of getting a powerful smartphone is to keep in touch while away from the computer, a need which requires typing a lot of the time, then the android platform is no match for the iPhone. As an heavy user who sometimes handle business emails on the go, the Iphone best suit the need for a dependable phone. Forget about the config on the android, at the end of the day what matters is the responsiveness and iPhone wins any day anytime.
wen it comes to keyboard BlackBerry is d best,

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by grammarcop(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

i laugh fall from palm tree. See another dumb fvck. Do you even know what iCloud means to start with? iPhone users use cloud storage, this is really funny tho. Bro, u will be slapped if u say this on the streets. Do you know the cost of data in Nigeria? You think cloud computing is cheap in Nigeria? How many people have unlimited data plan? Most people that have it are usually workers(0ffice wifi) and the tweakers

Btw Apple has iCloud
Google has Google Drive
Microsoft has one drive

Above all the number one cloud computing remains Dropbox. Don't be silly while commenting next time

how much do you pay for data?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

[b]First impression was nice, the camera was great, the phone was very responsive, but that's the end of the good points. The thumbprint unlock is woeful, you have to place your hand in a particular way to unlock the screen, the brower had this glitch where while scrolling, sometimes it jumps or scroll in the opposite direction, typing was not as smooth as the iPhone, maybe the problem is with the Gorilla glass.

If the primary purpose of getting a powerful smartphone is to keep in touch while away from the computer, a need which requires typing a lot of the time, then the android platform is no match for the iPhone. As an heavy user who sometimes handle business emails on the go, the Iphone best suit the need for a dependable phone. Forget about the config on the android, at the end of the day what matters is the responsiveness and iPhone wins any day anytime.[/b]

@ the emboldened you are very wrong sir. The Samsung S6 is the best phone till date in all ramifications(tho its got a few issues and all phones got that). The thumbprint function isn't woeful, its works perfectly for me and you should also not that its yet to receive updates(updated version would better it)

Typing a lot. I don't know for you but typing on my S6 Edge is as swift as anything. One of the best keyboard out there is swiftkey and the newest sammy keyboard is done by the same company.

Kindly explain how business emails on the go is better on iPhone than Android? BB has always won in this department.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2015
ahsekeena:

Eyah....but it is still a point. O tan!

go back to school
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2015
A phone still remains a phone and should not be underrated as long as it was inverted a phone... Just purchase a phone according to your taste and enjoy your phone. Meanwhile... I like the blackberry device, iphone device... Sorry not to mention android device since it ain't my taste... But still... a phone remains a phone... I rest my case here

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

Btw Apple has iCloud
Google has Google Drive
Microsoft has one drive

forget that thing bro.
My iphone browses naturally without sub and airtime via high class jail breaking for the past 2 years now and
My datas are on iCloud, almost 7gb of data.
I download movies at will.
Last week alone i used 200gb of data on iphone
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 03, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

forget that thing bro.
My iphone browses naturally without sub and airtime via high class jail breaking for the past 2 years now and
My datas are on iCloud, almost 7gb of data.
I download movies at will.
Last week alone i used 200gb of data on iphone wasted

Do you understand English at all?

Na demon or miracle you use do all these right?
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

@ the emboldened you are very wrong sir. The Samsung S6 is the best phone till date in all ramifications(tho its got a few issues and all phones got that). The thumbprint function isn't woeful, its works perfectly for me and you should also not that its yet to receive updates( updated version would better it)

Typing a lot. I don't know for you but typing on my S6 Edge is as swift as anything. One of the best keyboard out there is swiftkey and the newest sammy keyboard is done by the same company.

Kindly explain how business emails on the go is better on iPhone than Android? BB has always won in this department.

Why should I as a user wait for an update to get the best out a thumbprint feature, when its touted as one of the special features of the S6? And remember, the S5 also had this issue and Samsung said the finger print is better on the S6, but the opposite is the case. I'm able to note this because I use the iPhone 6 and its more responsive and recognises my fingers irrespective the angle its placed in.

The business emails experience in this case is based on the typing responsiveness, not the overall architecture. Its downright frustrating having to correct typos every time on the Android, something i don't have to worry about on the iPhone. Its so bad that I only visit Nairaland on the android, anytime I need to reply to comments, I switch to the iPhone. Who needs the headache of having to switch every single time, because the UI is not intuitive..
Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 03, 2015
grammarcop:
[

I KNOW SAY YOU REMOVE THAT POST TO AVOID MORE EMBARRASSMENT grin grin

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 03, 2015
musiwax:

Why should I as a user wait for an update to get the best out a thumbprint feature, when its touted as one of the special features of the S6? And remember, the S5 also had this issue and Samsung said the finger print is better on the S6, but the opposite is the case. I'm able to note this because I use the iPhone 6 and its more responsive and recognises my fingers irrespective the angle its placed in.

The business emails experience in this case is based on the typing responsiveness, not the overall architecture. Its downright frustrating having to correct typos every time on the Android, something i don't have to worry about on the iPhone. Its so bad that I only visit Nairaland on the android, anytime I need to reply to comments, I switch to the iPhone. Who needs the headache of having to switch every single time, because the UI is not intuitive..

You are pretty wrong. Your analysis is flawed. What the function of update? iPhone 6 debuted with iOS 8.0 and right now their recent update is 8.4 in between there were 8 or more updates. Apple should have considered it perfect without pushing updates and besides more updates more trouble/betterness of the device. Of course, Apple would surely work on the touch ID to make it more accurate. Users on 5.1.1 talked about the fingerprint being more accurate.

Typing on S6 Edge is so fast and swift without any problems at all and am still on 5.0.2.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2015
ollah1:

Do you understand English at all?

Na demon or miracle you use do all these right?
take it or leave it.
There are some things iphone can do that android cant and vice versa.
Data usage for the past 24 hours

Re: 9 Reasons Why You Should Buy An Android Phone Instead Of An Iphone by jeoprince250(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2015
otunsman:
what is the return on investment of these devices rather than consuming our hard earned money?
dude, money is meant to be spent. Stop the stingy talk,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana Drops N312-billion MTN Tax Demand After South Africa Threat (PICS) / Let's Show Off Phones Home Screens / What's The Favorite App In Your Phone You Can't Do Without

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.