Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now (731 Views)

I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki / Sorry Lagos, You Don't Have Oil By Ade Damola / Nigeria Ought To Be Recolonized Again For Another 100 Years- TRUMP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by LeOstrich: 12:51am On Jul 03, 2015
I said stopped exporting crude and not importing refined fuels if you missed my tittle.

It is a very big shame that for over 50yrs since oil was discovered and exploited in mass quantities we as a Nation still export crude.

If I were the President of Nigeria, I would have pulled out of OPEC, chased out multinational oil companies which only drilled and exported crude and in their place attracted oil companies that will only drill, process and export refined petrochemical resins and fuels.

If we had our act together, the 2.5million barrels of crude we currently export is capable of generating over 20 times the value we get from exporting unrefined crude.

Our petrochemical industry would have been booming and millions of jobs and opportunities would have been created.

We should discard the lazy Saudi Model in preference to what developed Nations like Japan who by the way have no crude reserves but rather imports crude then refines it for exports.

But rather what we have today is such the opposite that our petrochemical industry is non existing to the point that we still have to import refined fuels for our domestic market.

This is not only mind boggling but plain madness of the highest order!

Take a look around you, just look at every made product in your environment. You will see that Petroluem resins were utilized to produce it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 03, 2015
okay cool

good to know
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by redvektor(m): 12:55am On Jul 03, 2015
^^U 2 fast abi Ur network na winch craft ni
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by DharmyYinks: 1:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Just because of d price drop of oil our blessed country is experiencing an economic downturn.

What happened to our agricultural sector

Where re d groundnuts pyramid

What happened to our cocoa exports

Where is d diversification of our economy

Science has advanced dat soon oil wil be forgotten. Now tel me, wat wil we hav to cater for our country and needs. Cars use fuel gotten from oil ryt, now we ve electric cars and biogas has replaced fuel for generators tho it hasn't been circulated.

Nigerian is in a big mess and only God and selfless leaders can turn things around.
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by LeOstrich: 1:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Have you wondered why US demand for crude imports has reduced?

It isn't tied to the now moribund Shale industry but rather US crude imports have crashed because American industries have packed up and move to China.

Crude is not just an energy source to power clunky yank junks but was utilized in the then booming manufacturing sector in the US. With most of the US companies closing shop and heading to China most of that Crude demand has virtually crashed.

America now only requires crude imports as an energy source but given the failing economy with most Americans out of employment, gas demand has also taken a huge dip.

Shale is a good alternative to crude as an energy source but Shale oil yields less valuable resins as those utilized in the manufacturing sector.

This is the real situation.

We as a Nation can not continue to operate the Traingular Trade of the 18th century in this current millennium.

We must as a matter of urgency stop selling crude oil and start investing in exporting refined petrochemical products and resins.

This is where the money and jobs will be created.

But the lazy parasitic north and the yeasts to the Southwest still believe that the Saudi lazy model is best and this is why they oppose the passage of the PIB.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by ibrams(m): 1:04am On Jul 03, 2015
shocked
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by LeOstrich: 1:09am On Jul 03, 2015
ibrams:
shocked

Did I just RedPilled you?

Why do you think crude is so valuable today even at over $50?

That is because there are people outside this useless lazy nation who know the true value of crude.

They don't call it black Gold for nothing.

Everything from electronics, paints, fertilizers to pharmaceuticals are synthesized from crude.

We selling crude is like a man selling his furniture to pay the rent.

In response to selling crude we import virtually everything.

The surest way to diversify our economy is to bring about a viable Petrochemical industry.

This is why I laugh at fools who tell us from the ND to drink our worthless crude.

I just see these folks displaying their gross foolishness when they state such rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by donholy28(m): 1:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Will the fools ruling us think in this direction

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by oyindare(m): 1:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 03, 2015
Make them do am make I see
Re: Nigeria Ought To Have Stopped Exporting Crude Oil By Now by Emekamex(m): 4:31am On Jul 03, 2015
Discovery of oil has always been the first step to our downfall as a nation.

(1) (Reply)

Very Sad Photos Of A Disabled Girl Begging Under The Rain In Lagos / Boko Haram: Imam Khalid Cancels Ramadan Prayer In Abuja Mosque / PDP Disowns Ahmadu Ali, Nenadi Usman Over N70m Campaign Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.