Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners (13921 Views)

After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready / Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Phpsocket.io-Real-time Chat Engine With HTML & Android Client Support [Updated] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by mokoshalb(m): 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by nduprincekc(m): 7:40am On Mar 29, 2016
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
what are the phone numbers doing on this thread?
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by XXII: 6:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
Drlevi, do you have an idea how I can implement this in Flutter? I have already created a Google Cloud account, created a service account and all. Also saw a package "google_speech" on pub.dev that helps utilize the Google cloud API for Flutter but it doesn't cover using microphone. Also, seen other packages like speech_recognition and speech_to_text. But none of them is this exact thing.
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2022
XXII:
Drlevi, do you have an idea how I can implement this in Flutter? I have already created a Google Cloud account, created a service account and all. Also saw a package "google_speech" on pub.dev that helps utilize the Google cloud API for Flutter but it doesn't cover using microphone. Also, seen other packages like speech_recognition and speech_to_text. But none of them is this exact thing.
What exactly is the issue with the packages. I looked at them and they seem to record and translate directly from the microphone
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by XXII: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2022
DrLevi:

What exactly is the issue with the packages. I looked at them and they seem to record and translate directly from the microphone
The packages are serving their purposes but they don't show this Google speech service interface. What I have in mind is to implement this exact stuff used in play store and Gmail etc search field such that when I press a microphone icon button, that Google speech service interface comes up while the recording is on just as in the picture.
I felt there should be a package or way of doing it but so far all I've read, watched and searched I haven't seen it.
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by XXII: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
Drlevi I think I just got an idea of what I was asking you.
So, thank you for your time, I'll most likely be back with a different dumb question.
Re: Creating A Group Chat With Html/javascript/php/mysql For Beginners by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2022
XXII:

The packages are serving their purposes but they don't show this Google speech service interface. What I have in mind is to implement this exact stuff used in play store and Gmail etc search field such that when I press a microphone icon button, that Google speech service interface comes up while the recording is on just as in the picture.
I felt there should be a package or way of doing it but so far all I've read, watched and searched I haven't seen it.
Speech service is an app. If you want to see it you have to launch it via intent and then somehow return the result to your app.

What those package use is android's built in SpeechRecognizer and the iOS alternative(Speech API I think).

I hope your solution works

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Programming Knowledge Can I Amass In 3 Months? / How To Make a DESKTOP Executable Software Using PHP,MYSQL,SQLITE / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.